New Challenge (old Challenge)

What do you think about overbetting other streets and not just the river? Say, over betting the flop and/or the turn in a particular hand, especially if you put your opponent on a strong range?
uhm, i'd be more apt to overbet turn but that's a really vague and hard situation to just write about.if you think a guy has a really strong range, yet you somehow beat that, generally when you bet a normal amount, he's calling/raising regardless (especially on earlier streets cause he wants to build a pot)...overbetting can obviously achieve him to monkey ship a hand he might otherwise be able to get away from, but on the other hand, it could raise alarms in his mind and make him play it more cautiously earlier.It's also really hard for you to get multiple streets of value if you instantly overbet the flop.First, if your OOP and you overbet lead, you are going to need a very strong hand to continue, cause generally you're only getting raised by a very strong hand, unless it's a leveling war and you think it'll induce (generally this wont happen and people will play str8 forward).I've seen a really extreme example of a huge flop overbet. It was very opponent specific and it was a HSNL hu match. If I recall it was Stevesbets and Ike (isaac haxton). Ike flatted QTo pf and flopped T35 or something and he overbet something ridic, like 8.2k into 800 or something. I believe they were playing 100/200 and were deep (40 - 60k stacks) and steve had min raised pf. Steve flatted with bottom pair, turn checked thru, and then Ike bet areound 50-60% pot on riv and got paid off. So yea, he made a lot more that hand than usual, but as you can see it's a difficult spot to get multiple streets of value (although here he did and then some) but it was also probably (definitely) very much influenced by game flow, meta game, and all that jazz.It's def. viable thing to do, but I think overbetting the flop is probably one of the toughest things to do in a balanced way/profitable way (IE -- if you are very strong on a flop, you don't want to str8 blow someone off a hand that can improve yet still be worse, etc -- you can think of other examples I'm sure). But obviously there is merit to doing it, I just think it's something I'd only do very occasionally and I can't think of any time that I've done it.- Jordan
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Bailout rejected, gg?
Democrats 140 yay, 95 nayRepublicans 65 yay, 133 nayOn a bill put through by a Republican administration.And McCain is trying to blame Democrats for not coming through with the numbers. WATTTTTTTTT??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Democrats 140 yay, 95 nayRepublicans 65 yay, 133 nayOn a bill put through by a Republican administration.And McCain is trying to blame Democrats for not coming through with the numbers. WATTTTTTTTT??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only reason why?Because it limits executive salaries I bet. (This is a guess, I haven't heard details.)
LOL.But yeah... isn't kinda stupid for the guy to return it? Because if he lets it go, don't they get it from where they kicked?That's how it works right?
cept it was the end of the half
septva5.jpgSo, I had some snags which caused me to miss half of the month playing online. Above is what I did in the 14 days that I did get hands in though.Additionally, I made like another $7500 between live poker, coaching and rakeback.My 1st month as a pro is my 2nd best month ever.
October=30k for Mark. You heard it here first
Thats what I said about September heh :club: But I'm hoping you're right!Also about the bailout: Where did all the libertarians go??? I would have expected this thread to be anti bailout. Sheez, I finally disagree with the Republicans and I still can't get any loving here heh :)Mark
Thats what I said about September heh :club: But I'm hoping you're right!Also about the bailout: Where did all the libertarians go??? I would have expected this thread to be anti bailout. Sheez, I finally disagree with the Republicans and I still can't get any loving here heh :)Mark
I actually HATE the idea but our economy needs something and just about every economist I have seen says this will help. So even though the thought of what we are doing makes me want to vomit, I'm so worried about what could happen with our economy, I am willing to give them the benefit and do what they think we need.