New Challenge (old Challenge)

I think it speaks to the fact that while the Daily Show is always accused of having a liberal bias, he's mostly just lampooning hypocrisy on both sides. He actually basically compliments Palin at the end with the last clip.
that word...I do not think it means what you think it means.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Is my bet sizing OK here?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($100.50)SB ($21.40)Hero (BB) ($199.20)UTG ($100)MP ($108.10)CO ($64.85)Preflop: Hero is BB with Qspade.gif, Aspade.gif4 folds, SB calls $0.50, Hero raises to $69, SB calls $20.40 (All-In)Flop: ($42.80) 7club.gif, 4spade.gif, Kdiamond.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Turn: ($42.80) 9heart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($42.80) Kclub.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $42.80 | Rake: $2.10

Is my bet sizing OK here?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($100.50)SB ($21.40)Hero (BB) ($199.20)UTG ($100)MP ($108.10)CO ($64.85)Preflop: Hero is BB with Qspade.gif, Aspade.gif4 folds, SB calls $0.50, Hero raises to $69, SB calls $20.40 (All-In)Flop: ($42.80) 7club.gif, 4spade.gif, Kdiamond.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Turn: ($42.80) 9heart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($42.80) Kclub.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $42.80 | Rake: $2.10
I'd make it $18 to give him the illusion of some fold equity.
I'd raise to about $120
I was tying to make a smallish bet to give him the impression that he had some fold equity but yeah ur probably right just play it straight up and bet the $120

2 serious ones for a changethoughts?? Standard right?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comCO ($106.65)Button ($38.55)Hero (SB) ($155.20)BB ($100)UTG ($95.15)MP ($72.70)Preflop: Hero is SB with Jdiamond.gif, 9heart.gif1 fold, MP calls $1, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.50, BB checksFlop: ($3) Kclub.gif, Aclub.gif, Jheart.gif(3 players)Hero checks, BB checks, MP checksTurn: ($3) 9diamond.gif(3 players)Hero bets $3, 1 fold, MP raises to $6, Hero foldsTotal pot: $9 | Rake: $0.40

I liked her more when she was on weekend update
too funny. the RNC popped up on the screen after the football game was over. as they went to commercial my wife said, "hey look, it's the chics from weekend update." i rewound it and it was palin. i'd hit it...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP ($96.90)CO ($105)Hero (Button) ($100)SB ($102)BB ($130.70)UTG ($149.10)Preflop: Hero is Button with 7club.gif, 6club.gif1 fold, MP calls $1, CO checks, Hero calls $1, SB calls $0.50, BB checksFlop: ($4) 6heart.gif, 6diamond.gif, 2heart.gif(5 players)SB bets $3, 2 folds, CO calls $3, Hero raises to $12, SB calls $9, CO raises to $30, Hero ?????

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP ($96.90)CO ($105)Hero (Button) ($100)SB ($102)BB ($130.70)UTG ($149.10)Preflop: Hero is Button with 7club.gif, 6club.gif1 fold, MP calls $1, CO checks, Hero calls $1, SB calls $0.50, BB checksFlop: ($4) 6heart.gif, 6diamond.gif, 2heart.gif(5 players)SB bets $3, 2 folds, CO calls $3, Hero raises to $12, SB calls $9, CO raises to $30, Hero ?????
CO's line here is so strong that I think this is a fold. Did CO just finish sitting out and post? How does he check the action PF?
I think it speaks to the fact that while the Daily Show is always accused of having a liberal bias, he's mostly just lampooning hypocrisy on both sides. He actually basically compliments Palin at the end with the last clip.
Uhh...no. He lampoons hypocrisy on 95% one side. Now, thats probably more a function of which party is in power right now, but I don't think its a stretch by any means to say that the show has a large liberal bias.
that word...I do not think it means what you think it means.
Heh, thats what I was thinking too. But I guess when you're a massively liberal biased show, just playing the clip and not completely ripping Palin to shreds is considered a compliment? :club: I love the Jon Stewart show, but to suggest he isn't liberally biased is very LOL imo. (but again, I think thats more a function of the republican white house than him being a liberal.)Mark

<3 this handPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB ($82.75)BB ($131.65)UTG ($150.20)Hero (MP) ($249.60)Button ($132.45)Preflop: Hero is MP with Kclub.gif, Qdiamond.gif1 fold, Hero raises to $4, 1 fold, SB calls $3.50, 1 foldFlop: ($9) 5heart.gif, 4spade.gif, Kdiamond.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksTurn: ($9) 10diamond.gif(2 players)SB bets $4, Hero calls $4River: ($17) 9heart.gif(2 players)SB bets $5, Hero raises to $15, SB calls $10Total pot: $47 | Rake: $2Results in white below: SB mucked 8diamond.gif, 9spade.gif (one pair, nines).Hero had Kclub.gif, Qdiamond.gif (one pair, Kings).Outcome: Hero won $45

I would've made it 21.39 to go, check it all the way down, then use the timebank and bet .01
I would've made it 21.39 to go, check it all the way down, then use the timebank and bet .01
Thats just dumb, what do I do when he bets .01 on the flop then? Silly tourney donk
Uhh...no. He lampoons hypocrisy on 95% one side. Now, thats probably more a function of which party is in power right now, but I don't think its a stretch by any means to say that the show has a large liberal bias.Heh, thats what I was thinking too. But I guess when you're a massively liberal biased show, just playing the clip and not completely ripping Palin to shreds is considered a compliment? :club: I love the Jon Stewart show, but to suggest he isn't liberally biased is very LOL imo. (but again, I think thats more a function of the republican white house than him being a liberal.)Mark
At least they balance their conservative bias with the Colbert Report. :ts
Fold getting 4000:1. Biggest pro fold ever.
Hey Im willing to make that fold if I have to, Im just saying no reason to make the hand more difficult then it already is
Heh, thats what I was thinking too. But I guess when you're a massively liberal biased show, just playing the clip and not completely ripping Palin to shreds is considered a compliment? :club: Mark
Well first Stewart rips Rove and all the other talking head that made themselves look like complete asses by saying one thing about a Dem and then saying the complete opposite about their candidate.Then he shows a clip of Palin where she basically agrees with him. She's portrayed in a very good light. I'd say you could call that complimentary.Though you're right. Saying that Stewart isn't liberally biased is complete denial.
2 serious ones for a changethoughts?? Standard right?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comCO ($106.65)Button ($38.55)Hero (SB) ($155.20)BB ($100)UTG ($95.15)MP ($72.70)Preflop: Hero is SB with Jdiamond.gif, 9heart.gif1 fold, MP calls $1, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.50, BB checksFlop: ($3) Kclub.gif, Aclub.gif, Jheart.gif(3 players)Hero checks, BB checks, MP checksTurn: ($3) 9diamond.gif(3 players)Hero bets $3, 1 fold, MP raises to $6, Hero foldsTotal pot: $9 | Rake: $0.40
I play it the same but i'm not sure if it is the optimal line.
sometimes guys that post like that play aces and kings, or even other overpairs for that matter, so weird that i can see you being ahead of a big pair here sometimes and even ahead of a worse six sometimes because of his flop check. His line is super strong BUT if he is posting and checking like that he may not be able to properly evaluate the strength of his hand.A strong arguement can be made for folding and you probably are right, but I'm inclined to get it in on the flop or call the flop and shove his bet on the turn.
Well first Stewart rips Rove and all the other talking head that made themselves look like complete asses by saying one thing about a Dem and then saying the complete opposite about their candidate.Then he shows a clip of Palin where she basically agrees with him. She's portrayed in a very good light. I'd say you could call that complimentary.Though you're right. Saying that Stewart isn't liberally biased is complete denial.
Agreed all around.and it was a great great clip.