• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Your hand makes no sense son.......PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)SB ($200.05)BB ($71.85)Hero ($200)MP ($209.10)Button ($335.50)Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7diamond.gif, 7spade.gif. Hero raises to $8, 1 fold, Button calls $8, SB calls $7, 1 fold.Flop: ($26) 2spade.gif, 3heart.gif, 6heart.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $16, Button calls $16, SB calls $16.Turn: ($74) Kspade.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $48, Button calls $48, SB calls $48.River: ($218) 9diamond.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, Button bets $132, SB folds, Hero calls $128 (All-In).Final Pot: $474Results in white below: Hero has 7d 7s (one pair, sevens). Button has 7h Th (high card, king). Outcome: Hero wins $474.

Exactly, which is why he only does it with a strong range. I was just pointing out that he has to have a strong and narrow range to cbet that board into 3 people.
QJ+ is neither strong nor narrow imo
Your hand makes no sense son.......PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)SB ($200.05)BB ($71.85)Hero ($200)MP ($209.10)Button ($335.50)Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7diamond.gif, 7spade.gif. Hero raises to $8, 1 fold, Button calls $8, SB calls $7, 1 fold.Flop: ($26) 2spade.gif, 3heart.gif, 6heart.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $16, Button calls $16, SB calls $16.Turn: ($74) Kspade.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $48, Button calls $48, SB calls $48.River: ($218) 9diamond.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, Button bets $132, SB folds, Hero calls $128 (All-In).Final Pot: $474Results in white below: Hero has 7d 7s (one pair, sevens). Button has 7h Th (high card, king). Outcome: Hero wins $474.
Rdog is probably the best hand reader on the interwebs. And Im not really even joking
Exactly, which is why he only does it with a strong range. I was just pointing out that he has to have a strong and narrow range to cbet that board into 3 people.
It doesn't matter what we think it looks like. Villains suck, end of story. Checking when you flopped a monster on a drawy board and you were the preflop raiser should never be a consideration.
LOL. I love the people in this thread and love the info in this thread.That said, it is the longest bad beat thread on the interwebz. :ts
Fine, I'll go ahead, break the trend and brag a bit then. :club: Here is today:thursday.jpgThis is my month so far:august.jpgAround hand 10k I figured some stuff out about my game and changed my style a bit (for the better I think).Oh, and I am running about 7 BIs above expectation too, that never hurts. :D

I tried to write it up as a BBV style post, but today I made $800.55, got a check from pokerstars (2 of 3 ordered this month), and got a letter to get my car inspected or have my registrations suspended on monday. I got the inspection done, came back to my house, ate dinner, and when I went to go feed my fish, all the fish from my second tank were dead. No idea what happened, but I bought the tank 1.5 months ago and lost one of the first fish I bought (a molly), a pleco (catfish), a bunch of goldfish, and a crayfish. :club: I emptied it out and when I'm in the mood to accomplish things I'm gonna get some containers together, wash all the gravel, clean up the tank, and refill it, but I'm pretty bummed. I'm also concerned about restarting it because I don't know what I did wrong for all the fish to die.

It doesn't matter what we think it looks like. Villains suck, end of story. Checking when you flopped a monster on a drawy board and you were the preflop raiser should never be a consideration.
Yeah, let me make this clear to you and Cubsfan.I WOULD NOT CHECK THAT FLOPI was simply pointing out that hero needs a strong range to bet it
Anyone want to lay odds on me getting back to robusto today?821.jpg
Tell you what....If you make robusto by the end of today Ill log on to one of my joke accounts and vote for you in the "favorites" thread. And if you dont make it, Ill log on to one and vote for King..... :club:
Depending on how the other players are playing at the time I don't think checking that flop is a bad option. Only for the reason that C-betting into 3 people on that board really puts you at a minimum of QJ. I don't know if they are observant to know that or not. You'll also get free cards after they realize you check with a big hand at times.I'm not saying betting is bad but it puts you on a strong narrow range when checking puts you at a wider weaker range unless you Cbet this flop with AK/AJ.
Yeah, let me make this clear to you and Cubsfan.I WOULD NOT CHECK THAT FLOPI was simply pointing out that hero needs a strong range to bet it
Youre tilting me
QJ+ is neither strong nor narrow imo
That's pretty much just wrong though. Now your just looking to argue.QJ/QK/AQ/888/QQQ/Q10/AA/KK/JJ/maybe 99 and 1010 too.Is that strong and is that narrow?It would be wider if hero does this with Ahigh type hands and pairs smaller than 8.
Okay I give up, you win.
Youre tilting me
My first post was not telling him to check. I was just thinking about the merits of checking out loud.end discussion please/
whatgreatis more reading and less advice giving would do you a lot of good imo
I rarely post in this thread and do a lot of reading. That being said, yeah, maybe I should read more and post less.
Okay I give up, you win.
Cubs44 said this to me like a year ago when I was just starting like 10NL after one of these head-shaking convos like this lololololol @ it now :club:
Cubs44 said this to me like a year ago when I was just starting like 10NL after one of these head-shaking convos like this lololololol @ it now :club:
SighhhhhhhhI tried to make a point of saying that I wouldn't check that flop. I hope that came across. In my original post on it I didn't mean for my post to be taken as advice, just simply stating that if I was villain I'd gauge that flop bet as super strong (not that I'd lay down 222.) For that reason I was thinking out loud about the pro's of checking but the pro's of betting obv outweigh the pros of checking and I understand that. I don't think rdog or cubsfan believe I understand that.
SighhhhhhhhI tried to make a point of saying that I wouldn't check that flop. I hope that came across. In my original post on it I didn't mean for my post to be taken as advice, just simply stating that if I was villain I'd gauge that flop bet as super strong (not that I'd lay down 222.) For that reason I was thinking out loud about the pro's of checking but the pro's of betting obv outweigh the pros of checking and I understand that. I don't think rdog or cubsfan believe I understand that.
Keep backpedalling
That's pretty much just wrong though. Now your just looking to argue.QJ/QK/AQ/888/QQQ/Q10/AA/KK/JJ/maybe 99 and 1010 too.Is that strong and is that narrow?It would be wider if hero does this with Ahigh type hands and pairs smaller than 8.
No
No
You know, I'm thinking about it, and his range is wider than that. A hand like AcKc fires that flop too.
You know, I'm thinking about it, and his range is wider than that. A hand like AcKc fires that flop too.
I was gonna be nice and not go there but yeah. There is more too. Course I wouldnt bet 99/1010 or JJ there though. Id check AA/KK a fair amount also.