New Challenge (old Challenge)

Did I play this hand horribly? The reason I checked the flop was because I knew he'd fire out on the turn. I probably should have raised the turn. Villain is pretty fishy, but I have yet to see him get out of line.Edit: I should include that his PF range is quite wide. Easy fold on the river? Or am I giving him too much credit for a straight or set?Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.502 playersConverterPre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with :club::DHero raises to $1.5, BB calls.Flop: :ts:D:5c ($3, 2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.Turn: :D ($3, 2 players)BB bets $2.5, Hero calls.River: :4h ($8, 2 players)BB bets $3.5, Hero raises to $9, BB raises all-in $35.7
Call, there are a ton of 2 pair hands he is doing this with.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Ok serious question/s. I was planning to dabble in playing cash games.1. 6 handed or full ring?2. How long do you guys usually play? or About how many hands?3. How many tables at a time?4. What is good/average winning session depending on how long you play?I usually ger bored/distracted when playing cash and sometimes leave after so long. The other day I was playing for about a good half-hour and was doing pretty good, then decided to leave after I started running very cold. I left with a +$$.I mean, I think my game has changed quite a bit. I play a tad loose, but really try to stay out of huge pots unless of course I have a huge hand. I don't try and force people out of pots like before, although I do once in awhile. I try to play smarter not harder. Also SNGs are starting to tilt me, not so much the tournies though. Anyway, I've been wanting to start making some kind of cash and become a better player at cash.

Ok serious question/s. I was planning to dabble in playing cash games.1. 6 handed or full ring?I find FR pretty boring, I do wonder if it's more profitable tho as more of the training stuff is geared to 6max2. How long do you guys usually play? or About how many hands?I don't put in that much volume, maybe 1-1.5hr's a day, 10Kish a month3. How many tables at a time?4 for me4. What is good/average winning session depending on how long you play?7bb/100 is thought to be a good winning rate

Ok, I'm a noob when it comes to stuff like this, but when you say 7bb/100, you mean 7bbs per 100 hands? So if I play .10/.25 then $1.75? Probably not, right?

Ok, I'm a noob when it comes to stuff like this, but when you say 7bb/100, you mean 7bbs per 100 hands? So if I play .10/.25 then $1.75? Probably not, right?
yes. well, ptbb which is $3.50.
longest session ever? RESULTS ONE TIME SIR
Ah..ok.I had a good img at the table and I think this guy on my right was aware of it...anyways, he limped the CO, may have been one other limper, and I raise to $120. He is the only caller.EDIT :: Forgot, I had 6s 3sFlop is QJ5hhs and I bet $200, he calls.Turn is 4o I has a str8 and bet $440, he thinks about it for a bit, cuts out a raise, at which point i eye him down and if he was deciding to make a move, he stops and just calls.River is 9o so I have the nuts and he checks, I ask him how much he has left, it was between 1.6k-2.2k so I'm like lol I'm all in.He hem-haw folds and I'm pleased.I won $60 yesterday.- Jordan

and i totally lvl'd everyone including myself when I said I bluffed off 5k. I mean, I did...but he only had like 3-3.5k to start the hand. SOmetimes I forget I can't lose the extra 2k when I cover them. I'm a noob like that.

I'm a noob, wtf is ptbb?
PokerTracker tracks BBs, which are Big Bets, as in the later streets of Limit Holdem. So if PT says you are winning at 7BB/100, that means 7 Big Bets/100, and since a Big Bet is 2x a big blind, that is 14 big blinds, which at 25NL would be $3.50/100 hands.Thus, people sometimes distinguish the latter when playing NL by saying Poker Tracker big blinds, or ptbb.
PokerTracker tracks BBs, which are Big Bets, as in the later streets of Limit Holdem. So if PT says you are winning at 7BB/100, that means 7 Big Bets/100, and since a Big Bet is 2x a big blind, that is 14 big blinds, which at 25NL would be $3.50/100 hands.
Ahhh, tytyty.

I was going to post like 20 photos to summarise the last week, but the post was too messy.This one does a pretty good job, though:4389_print.jpgI'm in there somewhere:)

Also, I think 7bb/100 is phenomenal. A good sustainable low limit goal would be 4bb/100 imo (for 6max and full ring).
Depends if he is talking PTBB or BB. If he is talking PTBB then 7 isn't a realistic goal at all. FWIW, to eliminate confusion I really think people should use PTBB since that is the most common term used and state that when they post.
First day I haven't played poker in like a month. Not sure what to do with myself.
Congrats on last night btw. I know you seemed a bit disappointed, but it was still awesome.Go see a matinee movie and gorge on popcorn. That is my suggestion.
Congrats on last night btw. I know you seemed a bit disappointed, but it was still awesome.Go see a matinee movie and gorge on popcorn. That is my suggestion.
Meh, I mean, I'm still a little disappointed but it's hard to complain about 5k. Just thinking about knowing you had a really good chance at a lot more. I played as well as I could and made one bad read.
Did I miss something?
So if PT says you are winning at 7BB/100, that means 7 Big Bets/100, and since a Big Bet is 2x a big blind, that is 14 big blinds, which at 25NL would be $3.50/100 hands.
Didn't know the difference, cheers. If a big bet is 2x a big blind, then doesn't that mean that 7ptbb/100 is actually 3.5bb/100?
Did I miss something?
VTLaxer's thread mebbe
Didn't know the difference, cheers. If a big bet is 2x a big blind, then doesn't that mean that 7ptbb/100 is actually 3.5bb/100?VTLaxer's thread mebbe
If a $10 is 2x a $5 then doesn't that mean that 7 $10s is actually 3.5 $5s?Please tell me you're not an accountant.
Did I miss something?
VTLaxer's thread mebbe
I got super deep in the FTOPS Main Event where first place was 432k. Was sitting in a pretty good spot with 37 left. Raised CL BB with KQ, he called. Flop came AQx rainbow. Check/Check. He pots turn, I call. He pots river, I time down and call. He has AJ and I have like 1/3 of a BB left. Cashed for 5700.
I got super deep in the FTOPS Main Event where first place was 432k. Was sitting in a pretty good spot with 37 left. Raised CL BB with KQ, he called. Flop came AQx rainbow. Check/Check. He pots turn, I call. He pots river, I time down and call. He has AJ and I have like 1/3 of a BB left. Cashed for 5700.
gg
If a $10 is 2x a $5 then doesn't that mean that 7 $10s is actually 3.5 $5s?Please tell me you're not an accountant.
Ha, no thank fuckBut, uh, mabye a slow day....:
a Big Bet is 2x a big blind
So a big blind is 0.5 big bet - therefore ptbb/100 should be /2 to get bb/100?
it's easier to read but more annoying to post, but w/e - no big dealwhen you play blackjack, are you counting or just getting lucky
I don't count at all. If like 3 hands in a row come out with low cards then I might be more apt to press, but that's more psychological than anything.
Ha, no thank fuckBut, uh, mabye a slow day....:So a big blind is 0.5 big bet - therefore ptbb/100 should be /2 to get bb/100?
PTBB is 2x a BB.