• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Dropped a bit back at the end of the night, but I ran real good today. I played excellent today, and obviously ran goot. Just kinda sick to think that since 11PM yesterday I'm up like $6600.

I led for 10 next guy raises to 31 the other two fold...... He has to be really strong here with 1 person to act and 1 person that could possible check raise also. Do you still go with the hand or fold it?
It'd help if we knew who the "next guy" is. Original raiser?
OP is original raiserhexag is next to act
My bad I read it as he called from the blinds.... Im leading there almost 100% in that case
That sucks dude ... sorry man :club: you live around syd uni dont u? Chippendale or something? My sister used to live there and there are quite a few break-in's in the inner city.
Annandale now, which is a much nicer area. How'd you know where I live, I don't think I mentioned it?
Finally something I agree with!!!!I will not be 3 betting PabloStar with AJ from the BB!!!
lol pablostarI actually really want to play some poker but I've frozen my account. I'm pretty sure that Pokerstars wasn't open when my laptop was stolen, but I was playing before it was taken so I'm not 100% sure. Security is going to call me later. Do you think I'll be okay if I change my password and get them to manually log me off from any where I might otherwise be logged onto? My housemate has said I can use his desktop while he is away until Sunday.I didn't store my password on the computer, but my username was stored. The computer had linux on it, where I played 99% of the time, the other 1% was on OSX on a dual boot. I don't know if this makes it any less likely that my stuff will be looked at or not. Things I've learnt:- always backup- my new computer (which I will have to get soon, sigh) will have an encrypted hard drive
I defined my range a few up. Hands like suited one gappers are going to occasionally be in it, but I also may just dump them preflop.
I see, so you sometimes call, sometimes fold, and sometimes raise. Do I have that right?
- my new computer (which I will have to get soon, sigh) will have an encrypted hard drive
true encryption requires a good deal of horsepower. You'd be better off just securing the personal stuff. I use a program called File Securer.
I see, so you sometimes call, sometimes fold, and sometimes raise. Do I have that right?
So you always have only one course of action for each situation, independent of all other variables. Do I have that right?Just sayin.
So you always have only one course of action for each situation, independent of all other variables. Do I have that right?Just repeating.
fyp

We were attempting to discuss the value in 3betting AJ from the blinds. Snamuh stated that he felt it was not a good idea, b/c for example on a A79 flop when raises your cbet, AJ is not in good shape against his range. I don't see asking him to define this range as implying "only one course of action for each situation, independent of all other variables."

Are you fucking serious?Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)BB ($50.30)UTG ($50.25)MP ($98.55)CO ($20.10)Hero ($61.30)SB ($9.50)Preflop: Hero is Button with 7c.gif, 7h.gif. 2 folds, CO calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.25, 2 folds, CO calls $1.75.Flop: ($5.25) 5s.gif, 2h.gif, 5h.gif(2 players)CO bets $5.25, Hero raises to $21, CO calls $12.60 (All-In).Turn: ($44.10) 5d.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($44.10) 5c.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $40.95Results in white below: CO has 4s As (four of a kind, fives). Hero has 7c 7h (four of a kind, fives). Outcome: CO wins $20.47.

true encryption requires a good deal of horsepower. You'd be better off just securing the personal stuff. I use a program called File Securer.
I didn't know this, why does it require a lot of power?

Okay so I have played 422,000 hands this year. I decided to take a look at this AJ blind 3 betting stats since I knew I would have a significant sample. First, I am a big winner from the blinds with AJ (surprise!!!). So I looked at all hands where I 3 bet AJ from the blinds and the pot ended up being over 50 BB's. I lost 25 BB's or more a total of 4 times, getting stacked in 3. One of these was to AQ and one was to AK, the other 2 were random garbage.I won 25 BB's or more a total of 13 times, stacking people in 10. QJ and QT twice. JT 3 times. And weaker aces 3 times. Rest was random garbage.I think some of you are probably under-estimating what hands call 3 bets in these spots and how light people will stack off.

Okay so I have played 422,000 hands this year. I decided to take a look at this AJ blind 3 betting stats since I knew I would have a significant sample. First, I am a big winner from the blinds with AJ (surprise!!!). So I looked at all hands where I 3 bet AJ from the blinds and the pot ended up being over 50 BB's. I lost 25 BB's or more a total of 4 times, getting stacked in 3. One of these was to AQ and one was to AK, the other 2 were random garbage.I won 25 BB's or more a total of 13 times, stacking people in 10. QJ and QT twice. JT 3 times. And weaker aces 3 times. Rest was random garbage.I think some of you are probably under-estimating what hands call 3 bets in these spots and how light people will stack off.
There it is ^^^To be fair though. Snamuh's range (97, 99, 77, T8, 86, AQ) would be a 55/45 favorite over AJ. I don't know how to incorporate random bluffs into poker stove however.
Annandale now, which is a much nicer area. How'd you know where I live, I don't think I mentioned it?Things I've learnt:- always backup- my new computer (which I will have to get soon, sigh) will have an encrypted hard drive
Annandale is actually one of the places that my wife and I are looking at buying .. and I think I asked you once before .. don't get paranoid :ts (I currently live in Chatswood)btw .. I used to be a unix admin .. keep it up with the linux :club: these days I'm in professional services, soon to be Sales Engineer for a large storage manufacturer ....btw .. in terms of hard drive encryption .. go with truecrypt: www.truecrypt.org .. multiplatform and doesn't add any noticeable latency .. I actually use it for my work laptop...
I didn't know this, why does it require a lot of power?
mln/bull: I don't believe it does ... I don't do "high performance" on my laptop, but it works perfectly for me for PokerStars / PokerTracker3 / Excel / Word / Outlook .. all that boring stuff If you want high performance encryption on the fly you could go with a Decru Datafort :club: