New Challenge (old Challenge)

I suxors at 6-max but the turn looks really bad, I also don't understand the flop call?
What don't you like about the turn? I think getting it in with the nuts is solid.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

I'm pretty sure Citizen Erased has some sort of buddy list program that lets him know when I sit because he is immediately at at least one of my tables.

Oh man, hand reading. Yeah forget my comment, I kept trying to figure out why he called the flop until I realized he had a gutshot and 2nd nuts on the turn. D'oh. Maybe this is why I lose.
I may suck, but I'm pretty sure that's the nuts on the turn. With a draw to the super nuts.

so im at the airport on my way out of town for the weekend for wax120s bachelor party. im running late as usual and park and the shuttle from parking goes as slow as possible and finally I get here and run with my bags (golf clubs) to curbside checkin. I give the guy $10 and am like: my flight leaves in 30 mins can you make sure my bags make it.He's like, sure dude, and goes to check me in. Then he says: oh you'll definitely make it, your flight was canceled due to plane maintenance.Std.mark

I'm pretty sure Citizen Erased has some sort of buddy list program that lets him know when I sit because he is immediately at at least one of my tables.
I was there first, I'm pretty sure you'd find :club: Also, you're playing 10 tables. Chances are that we'll be together on one of them.In regards to yesterday's discussion, I want to start by thanking every one that contributed. I spent about 6 hours reading a lot of 2+2 articles on uNL, taking notes, and studied the Fees section (which is great) and have written notes on that next to my PC. I played about 300 hands this morning in an attempt to start working what I had read in to my play, and actually had my Won$W/O SD higher than 0, which is a massive boost. What I basically found is that Fees' book tells you how to win money when your opponents miss, or only slightly hit. These thinks require a lot more concentration, especially when trying to implement them for the first times, and so I'm only playing 2 tables for the time being. What I think too many people do - and I was doing - is just waive off a missed opportunity to stack someone and blame it on bad luck, when in reality there is not just a right play and a wrong play, but instead each street has several decisions to be made, and shouldn't just be skimped over. Without running on, I'm still working on it all (and today's session so far is really not going well). Here's some things from my last session:Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)CO ($12.35)Button ($7.80)SB ($8.20)Hero ($10)UTG ($17.15)MP ($9.10)Preflop: Hero is BB with :icon_clap::D3 folds, Button raises to $0.35, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.25.Flop: ($0.75) :4h, :icon_clap:, :D(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $0.75, Hero raises to $2.15, Button calls $1.40.Turn: ($5.05) :c(2 players)Hero checks, Button checks.River: ($5.05) :5c(2 players)Hero bets $4.1, Button folds.Final Pot: $5.05Here's the (extremely small sampled) graph from this morning's session:26thjune20083sz5.pngAs you can see, it starts dropping at the end, at which point I was tired and headed off.I've tightened up starting highs significantly, but still get confused with AA/KK/QQ/AK in early position. Case and point leads me on to today's session so far:Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP ($4)CO ($12.50)Button ($10.55)SB ($10.05)Hero ($10.15)UTG ($5.35)Preflop: Hero is BB with :D:3hUTG raises to $0.45, MP calls $0.35, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.95, UTG raises to $4.75, MP folds, Hero folds.Final Pot: $4.30It was either shove or fold. I had no reasons and being OOP vs. such strength I decided to let it go.Also, I know a PF Limp-Raise is great strength, and am torn as to whether or not I can get away from this:Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 PL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 PlayersLeggoPoker.com - Hand History ConverterHero (CO): $10BTN: $9.25SB: $15BB: $2UTG: $15.55MP: $6.20Pre-Flop: :icon_clap: :icon_clap: dealt to Hero (CO)UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.55, BTN calls $0.55, 2 folds, UTG raises to $2.45, MP folds, Hero calls $1.90, BTN foldsFlop: ($5.70) :icon_clap::D:qh (2 Players)UTG bets $3.50, Hero raises to $7.55 and is All-In, UTG calls $4.05Turn: ($20.80) :qh (2 Players - 1 is All-In)River: ($20.80) :icon_clap: (2 Players - 1 is All-In)Results: $20.80 Pot ($2 Rake)Hero showed :icon_clap: :icon_clap: (a pair of Queens) and LOST (-$10 NET)UTG showed :ts:D (three of a kind, Aces) and WON $18.80 (+$8.80 NET)Anyways, here's the graph including today's play so far (which has not been that good) and my overall stats. for both sessions:statsyn3.png26thjune2008pmxb6.pngI know it's a long road now, but hopefully I'm on the right one.Also, I hope that post wasn't too long and convoluted. If it was, just say and I'll re-structure it.
I may suck, but I'm pretty sure that's the nuts on the turn. With a draw to the super nuts.
Nah, you don't suck, I just can't read the board.I remember why I use the 4-color deck now. The colors and the numbers all mesh together.

Quick session while stuck at the airport. I'm kinda irked cause the big hand I lost at the beginning, I had AK, the CO is a nit who opens, and button is a donk lagtard that 3bets him. If button doesn't 3bet, I just call and check fold flop. Instead I think there is too much money out there to fold now, and 4bet, and of course the nit shoves, and I am stuck calling vs AA obv.daygc2.jpgMark

Full Tilt Poker Game #6980586279: Table Bill (heads up) - $2/$4 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:53:07 ET - 2008/06/26Zimmer4141 posts the small blind of $2DogMeat posts the big blind of $4The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Zimmer4141 [Ac Tc]Zimmer4141 raises to $12DogMeat raises to $28Zimmer4141 has 15 seconds left to actZimmer4141 calls $16*** FLOP *** [Jh Ts 5h]DogMeat bets $56Zimmer4141 calls $56*** TURN *** [Jh Ts 5h] [Ah]DogMeat bets $168Zimmer4141 raises to $316, and is all inDogMeat calls $124.95, and is all inZimmer4141 shows [Ac Tc]DogMeat shows [Jc 9d]Uncalled bet of $23.05 returned to Zimmer4141*** RIVER *** [Jh Ts 5h Ah] [3d]Zimmer4141 shows two pair, Aces and TensDogMeat shows a pair of JacksZimmer4141 wins the pot ($753.40) with two pair, Aces and TensDogMeat is sitting out*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $753.90 | Rake $0.50Board: [Jh Ts 5h Ah 3d]Seat 1: DogMeat (big blind) showed [Jc 9d] and lost with a pair of JacksSeat 2: Zimmer4141 (small blind) showed [Ac Tc] and won ($753.40) with two pair, Aces and TensSo this is the only hand I've played today. Who thinks I should just quit now?

Full Tilt Poker Game #6980586279: Table Bill (heads up) - $2/$4 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:53:07 ET - 2008/06/26Zimmer4141 posts the small blind of $2DogMeat posts the big blind of $4The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Zimmer4141 [Ac Tc]Zimmer4141 raises to $12DogMeat raises to $28Zimmer4141 has 15 seconds left to actZimmer4141 calls $16*** FLOP *** [Jh Ts 5h]DogMeat bets $56Zimmer4141 calls $56*** TURN *** [Jh Ts 5h] [Ah]DogMeat bets $168Zimmer4141 raises to $316, and is all inDogMeat calls $124.95, and is all inZimmer4141 shows [Ac Tc]DogMeat shows [Jc 9d]Uncalled bet of $23.05 returned to Zimmer4141*** RIVER *** [Jh Ts 5h Ah] [3d]Zimmer4141 shows two pair, Aces and TensDogMeat shows a pair of JacksZimmer4141 wins the pot ($753.40) with two pair, Aces and TensDogMeat is sitting out*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $753.90 | Rake $0.50Board: [Jh Ts 5h Ah 3d]Seat 1: DogMeat (big blind) showed [Jc 9d] and lost with a pair of JacksSeat 2: Zimmer4141 (small blind) showed [Ac Tc] and won ($753.40) with two pair, Aces and TensSo this is the only hand I've played today. Who thinks I should just quit now?
It can be nice to book a winning session after a downswing.
If I have to play another match like I've done 4 times in the last 2 days, I think I'm likely going to light myself on fire.
Well, one guy did this, but luckily it was at 2/4 and he sucked too bad to get any money, but I had to quit him because he wasn't putting chips into the pot.I did play this other donk who I got up like $500 or so on before he got it all back and then I got back up about $350 on him before having to pass his donkey ways off to Tremomey.

Full Tilt Poker Game #6980808082: Table Omni (heads up) - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:13:58 ET - 2008/06/26Seat 1: TreMomey ($205.50)Seat 2: mongo_style ($454)mongo_style posts the small blind of $1TreMomey posts the big blind of $2The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***mongo_style raises to $8TreMomey calls $6*** FLOP *** [4h 7c Kc]TreMomey checksmongo_style bets $9TreMomey raises to $25mongo_style calls $16*** TURN *** [4h 7c Kc] [5s]TreMomey bets $48mongo_style calls $48*** RIVER *** [4h 7c Kc 5s] [2d]TreMomey checksmongo_style bets $125TreMomey has 15 seconds left to actTreMomey has requested TIMETreMomey calls $124.50, and is all inUncalled bet of $0.50 returned to mongo_style*** SHOW DOWN ***mongo_style shows [8c 9c] King Nine highTreMomey shows [As 8s] Ace King highTreMomey wins the pot ($410.50) with Ace King high*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $411 | Rake $0.50Board: [4h 7c Kc 5s 2d]Seat 1: TreMomey (big blind) showed [As 8s] and won ($410.50) with Ace King highSeat 2: mongo_style (small blind) showed [8c 9c] and lost with King Nine high

This has been running for a while hasn't it?From what i've seen and from what people on 2+2 have said, it isn't even close to bein accurate atm.I remember looking at it about 2 weeks ago, Zimmer posted a winning graph for the week in this thread or something to show he was winning, yet he was one of the 5 biggest losers at 2/4 for the week. I don't think something that tries to track as many games as that site is will ever be accurate.
I just saw it a few days ago but I wouldn't be surprised if it was up for a while.. and I also doubt that it will be accurate
Full Tilt Poker Game #6980808082: Table Omni (heads up) - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:13:58 ET - 2008/06/26Seat 1: TreMomey ($205.50)Seat 2: mongo_style ($454)mongo_style posts the small blind of $1TreMomey posts the big blind of $2The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***mongo_style raises to $8TreMomey calls $6*** FLOP *** [4h 7c Kc]TreMomey checksmongo_style bets $9TreMomey raises to $25mongo_style calls $16*** TURN *** [4h 7c Kc] [5s]TreMomey bets $48mongo_style calls $48*** RIVER *** [4h 7c Kc 5s] [2d]TreMomey checksmongo_style bets $125TreMomey has 15 seconds left to actTreMomey has requested TIMETreMomey calls $124.50, and is all inUncalled bet of $0.50 returned to mongo_style*** SHOW DOWN ***mongo_style shows [8c 9c] King Nine highTreMomey shows [As 8s] Ace King highTreMomey wins the pot ($410.50) with Ace King high*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $411 | Rake $0.50Board: [4h 7c Kc 5s 2d]Seat 1: TreMomey (big blind) showed [As 8s] and won ($410.50) with Ace King highSeat 2: mongo_style (small blind) showed [8c 9c] and lost with King Nine high
LOL sweet you saw that.. I just sent it to you on AIM.. sometimes I don't know whether I'm a genius or just a terrible donk who gets lucky that his opponent never has it
LOL sweet you saw that.. I just sent it to you on AIM.. sometimes I don't know whether I'm a genius or just a terrible donk who gets lucky that his opponent never has it
another exampleSeat 1: TreMomey ($246.50)Seat 2: JMP ($151)TreMomey posts the small blind of $1JMP posts the big blind of $2The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to TreMomey [5c 3c]TreMomey raises to $6JMP calls $4*** FLOP *** [3d 6c 2s]JMP bets $8TreMomey calls $8*** TURN *** [3d 6c 2s] [9s]JMP bets $23TreMomey calls $23*** RIVER *** [3d 6c 2s 9s] [Ts]JMP bets $58TreMomey calls $58*** SHOW DOWN ***JMP shows [5s Kh] King Ten highTreMomey shows [5c 3c] a pair of ThreesTreMomey wins the pot ($189.50) with a pair of Threes

Well I went on to keep playing and of course I'm down $300 for the day. Had one very tilt-inducing hand. I 3-bet 72s guy who folded to almost all of my 3-bets calls. Flop 552, I c-bet, he calls. Turn 5, I check planning to check/shove, he checks back. River T, I check call, he has KT.

He got there on me so many times, it kind of made me think it was going to turn into yesterday. The only bright side was that he was already down $500 to me before he got anything going. Then I was down like $200 to him and then ended up taking him for like $300-$350 or something.He was a total monkey though.
I suxors at 6-max but the turn looks really bad, I also don't understand the flop call?
Donk :club:
Implied odds relatively cheap? If he hits his gin card he is v likely to get paid off?
Yahtzee <3
You are teh good imo
Zimmer = liar + massive losing player. Don't forget he figmented the entire underage vegas adventure story.Obv.
As our resident expert, any idea when PT3 will support absolute/ub and when PEV is getting out?? I haven't bought PT3 yet and IDK how you get Abs to work w/ PEV???
Oh man, hand reading. Yeah forget my comment, I kept trying to figure out why he called the flop until I realized he had a gutshot and 2nd nuts on the turn. D'oh. Maybe this is why I lose.
I think being unable to read the hand even after double checking is why you lose. The flop bet was 5 into 25. The turn gives him the nuts with the nut redraw.
I think being unable to read the hand even after double checking is why you lose. The flop bet was 5 into 25. The turn gives him the nuts with the nut redraw.
I think you may be onto something...
As our resident expert, any idea when PT3 will support absolute/ub and when PEV is getting out?? I haven't bought PT3 yet and IDK how you get Abs to work w/ PEV???
No idea about PT3. I'm using Holdem Manager at the moment, and I think it's a lot better than PT3 (or at least the last version I tried). I've also figured out how to adjust the HUD, and it's actually very good:hudlayout-1.png(took me ages to set this up though)I love this on the tracker too - a visual layout of your ranges in whatever situations you want (and you can filter it further than the basic stuff on the left):HEMraiselimpers.pngI'll be using HEM until PokerEV tracker is released, which will probably (hopefully) be somewhere end of July. It's frustrating because I've told a lot of people that PEV is really worth waiting for, and I've been saying it for 4 months with no updates and just a string of missed deadlines to report. I still believe it is worth waiting for, but if you want a next gen tracker and HUD now, I definitely prefer and recommend HEM over PT3. It seems most of the guys in the 2p2 software forum are in agreement on this too.

Pretty much my day in a nutshell...Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)Button ($8.85)SB ($10)Hero ($17.85)UTG ($19.05)MP ($10.70)Preflop: Hero is BB with 5h.gif, 6h.gif. UTG raises to $0.35, 1 fold, Button calls $0.35, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.25.Flop: ($1.10) 9h.gif, 4h.gif, 3h.gif(3 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $1.1, Button folds, Hero raises to $4.4, UTG raises to $19.8 (All-In), Hero calls $13.10 (All-In).Turn: ($36.10) 4c.gif(2 players, 2 all-in)River: ($36.10) qc.gif(2 players, 2 all-in)Final Pot: $36.10Results in white below: Hero has 5h 6h (flush, nine high). UTG has Qh Qd (full house, queens full of fours). Outcome: UTG wins $38.40. ev626vx8.jpg