New Challenge (old Challenge)

Obv. I feel like people are sad about this but I don't quite understand why. In the end, if people don't want it, I can certainly kill it and I will personally just move on. I don't want people to feel like I am trying to force them in any way to do something they don't want to.
If I wasn't drinking I'd probably be able to explain. But I'm drinking and I cant
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Even though I have contributed nothing whatsoever, I do want to speak out on Rdog's potential leave.The reason I don't contribute is because I'm simply not old enough. A while back I did want to try and grind a bankroll up from freerolls, but later decided that I would wait until i was old enough to deposit cash. I've found other ways of playing poker(legally) and I do want to start grinding the cash games when I'm 19 (happy to be canadian :club: ). But since I have nothing to contribute experience wise, nor have any real connections with anyone on the forums, I see no point in spamming up the forums with the mindless garbage that would come out of my mouth. I've been a C-Thread lurker for a while for a few reasons. I learn a lot from the poker content that is continually pulled out of each hand that is posted. I enjoy all the LOL and WTF hands, and the "F U POKER!!!" rollercoasters that so many players go on. But I think the main reason I read this thread is because it's like a small community that I want to be a part of at some point. Most, if not all the C-Thread regulars seem like great guys. When I start to take my shot at building a bankroll, this is the type of community I'd want to be surrounded by, even if I'm at the bottom of the totem poll. Everyone can get away with needling each other (LOL at See wik run many buy-ins under EV), and barely anyone takes anything to a personal level. Everyone seems to actually care whether someone is in a downswing, or if someone is emotionally down, or if someone respected is going to leave the forums. I don't want to be a random 2+2 poster where no one really seems to give a rats ass about anyone on a personal level. I'm not saying everyone should like each other, but just having a mutual respect for one another is all it takes. Rdog is by far one of the most respected players here. I know I'm just saying the obvious, but if everyone is willing to move to a separate forum just so they can continue to communicate with him on a deeper level, that just shows how many players he's gained respect from. If he left, the C-thread just wouldn't be the same. He's one of the players that I'd like to be able to refer to for advice when I start grinding, along with players like bull62, Acid Knight, Nosup4u, and many other C-Thread regulars. I can understand Rdog's reasons for wanting to leaving. The forum is filled with people that either try to act as if they are on the same level as him, or have no respect for him whatsoever. If he wishes to take the C-Thread environment to a different forum in order to not deal with the loldramaz, that's perfectly reasonable. The only question i have is that, if I wished to be a regular contributor to this new forum, would I be allowed to join? I'm not saying right now, it wouldn't even be close. But if in a year or so when I turned 19, and wanted to be surrounded by more experienced grinders who were willing to provide advice, would a new grinder be welcome?

Unconverted for chat:Full Tilt Poker Game #10760649694: Table Day (heads up) - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 6:45:43 ET - 2009/02/21Seat 1: GiggidyFT ($94.65)Seat 2: Daanafca ($31.35)GiggidyFT posts the small blind of $0.25Daanafca posts the big blind of $0.50The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to GiggidyFT [Ac 6d]Daanafca: you are lucky aren't youGiggidyFT raises to $1.50Daanafca calls $1*** FLOP *** [Ks Kd Kc]Daanafca bets $1GiggidyFT: i am sometimes :club:GiggidyFT calls $1*** TURN *** [Ks Kd Kc] [2c]Daanafca bets $1.50Daanafca: why ain't iGiggidyFT calls $1.50*** RIVER *** [Ks Kd Kc 2c] [Ad]Daanafca bets $8GiggidyFT raises to $29Daanafca calls $19.35, and is all inUncalled bet of $1.65 returned to GiggidyFT*** SHOW DOWN ***GiggidyFT shows [Ac 6d] a full house, Kings full of AcesDaanafca mucksGiggidyFT wins the pot ($62.20) with a full house, Kings full of AcesDaanafca is sitting outDaanafca stands up*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $62.70 | Rake $0.50Board: [Ks Kd Kc 2c Ad]Seat 1: GiggidyFT (small blind) showed [Ac 6d] and won ($62.20) with a full house, Kings full of AcesSeat 2: Daanafca (big blind) mucked [Td Qc] - three of a kind, KingsThis was 2 hands after we'd got it in me with top purr, him with middle and he hit trips on the turn. lol

well .. after running at 50bb/100 for like 10k hands .. the inevitable downswing did happen ...good news is that i came out of it today ...month to date: feb21_mtd.jpgmore good news is that i ran well above EV today :)i binked a crazy pot with the nut straight draw against top set ...and EV line posted .. as its ABOVE the line ... note: I'm still like 40BI below EV over my last like 60k handsfeb21.jpg

I should note .. that alot of those bad hands occurred when i was using poker as my "time off" during a REALLY stressful week at work ... not unsurprising that not being mentally focused causes bad things in my game ..I had a lovely chinese massage today, and decided to play a little .. and did well .. (and ran well :club:)

I'm confused why you don't think it can be exactly the same as it is here but with the addition of people being able to speak more freely during strat discussions? It's not like because you move the location, it changes everything.
Its 5am and I've just played for 16 hours straight and I'm stuck 2K so I'm not in the best mood, so hopefully I don't sound like a moron :)Here is my brief overview of what I feel about the new forum, the reasons for it, and what will happen:I don't see a need for a new forum because we have very little if any drama in the cthread specifically. I think other FCP dramaz is clouding people's opinion on this.I do recognize that we can't say: Hey look at this donk Boston Sully in here because he might google it and find it. Be well all talk on aim and skype and we can say 'Hey look at this donk BS1 I played he's a huge donk' and that can't be found so I don't see this being a big enough reason on its own to move to a new forum.Reasons why moving sucks imo:the cthreaders will be splintered. many people can barely keep up with this thread. I know I barely can. I try and also read the FTP regs on 2p2 and I can't keep up with that and this one. I try to read the red forums at poker road and basically never get to them. Adding another forum is a big pain in the butt for me because i'll want to keep up with it but I know that long term I probably won't because I just don't care about the strat discussion that much.And I will probably die off from posting on FCP all together because I will post in the cthread but not many people will read it anymore so it won't be as much fun so I'll get tired of it.We won't add new people much because any new people on fcp won't know about this other foruma lot of fcpers will think we're elitist because fcp isn't good enough for us and we want some private area to chat where we can lock people outI still don't see why people can't talk as freely as they want in this thread, other than saying specific names that can be googled. (Unless the goal is to just not share good strat discussion with the general public, which i'm against because we've all benefitted from that so its kind of lame to say now that we're good nobody else should be able to get good too)Anyway, I dont want to have a new thread for selfish reasons. I think it will take away from my enjoyment of the cthread. I think long term both the cthread and the new forum will die off because the cthread won't have any good content and the new forum won't get new blood and people just disappear after a while. And I think long term I will probably fade away even though I don't want to because I won't get the fun stuff out of the cthread or the forum that I do now.Those are just my opinions. I totally understand that a lot of the posters in here see the need for the new forum and I definitely want to be a part of it and help make it great. But I really don't see the need and feel like whatever happened in the ripley thread which I haven't read just upset everyone so this is just a rash backlash to that. Even though why should whatever douchebaggery that happens in other thread matter to the cthread. I mean, in my mind there is almost NO drama in here. Ematt was drama for like a day. mhoward was drama for a day but now is a good addition. nobody ever bugs us in here that I know of? And I don't feel the need to hide super secret strat knowledge from anyone, and if I know of a huge fish I just tell people over IM. Ok sleepy time. I love you all :)Mark

I find it funny that people continue to go off on me in that thread while I have received a PM from the person I called retarded asking me to help him with his "issues"?

Reading the ripleys thread is like reading the arguements under the youtube videos.
Have you read it recently? Cappy has turned it into solid gold.

I'm playing a 115+50 nlhe tournament today. You start with 7k in chips and if you bust in the first 3 levels you can rebuy for 50 and recieve 5k more chips. If you make it to the end of the 3rd level you can add on for the same price. I'm excited because the field sooo bad and it'll have a prize pool of at least 9k.Tomorrow I'm playing a 230 nlhe tournament which should get at least 10k in the prize pool. Run good one time please.

I'm playing a 115+50 nlhe tournament today. You start with 7k in chips and if you bust in the first 3 levels you can rebuy for 50 and recieve 5k more chips. If you make it to the end of the 3rd level you can add on for the same price. I'm excited because the field sooo bad and it'll have a prize pool of at least 9k.Tomorrow I'm playing a 230 nlhe tournament which should get at least 10k in the prize pool. Run good one time please.
115+50? This better be for charity...

so i just caught up thru bunch of pages...i still didn't gather why some ppl wanna start another forum? just cause BS1 showed up? i dont get it but w/e.if this thread would die i'd prob just stay in contact w/ ppl thru aim/skype etc...i post already on 2+2 and it's hard enough to stay up to date on all the threads and adding another be even tougher haha...and i dont get what is going on w/ this area but w/e.gamboo?i took a few days off cause of swongs and i wanted a break. i may play later today. im sooo freakkkinnnnnnnnnng sore. i worked out for first time in for ever and i ruined my life. aoefwetgrtgea- Jordan

I will never actually leave FCP more than likely, I owe it too much and have too many friends here.I'd love to take part in a new forum as well, but I'll still be around.
yeah this, and mark's concern too, except i can def find time for another forum to read, i'm bored all the time.
How is posting at 2+2 going to lessen the fishbowl effect? That sounds like the opposite of where you would want to go, not to mention how ridicuclously annoying it is over there.
it's a big fish big pond/big fish small pond thing. he also has a different name there - i think it's Rory?
115+50? This better be for charity...
I didn't mean to imply that 50 was the juice. 50 is the amount for the rebuy/add on. The juice is 15 dollars. So it would be 100+15+50? I don't know but I'm sure as hell not paying 50 dollars in juice.
Its 5am and I've just played for 16 hours straight and I'm stuck 2K so I'm not in the best mood, so hopefully I don't sound like a moron :)Here is my brief overview of what I feel about the new forum, the reasons for it, and what will happen:I don't see a need for a new forum because we have very little if any drama in the cthread specifically. I think other FCP dramaz is clouding people's opinion on this.I do recognize that we can't say: Hey look at this donk Boston Sully in here because he might google it and find it. Be well all talk on aim and skype and we can say 'Hey look at this donk BS1 I played he's a huge donk' and that can't be found so I don't see this being a big enough reason on its own to move to a new forum.Reasons why moving sucks imo:the cthreaders will be splintered. many people can barely keep up with this thread. I know I barely can. I try and also read the FTP regs on 2p2 and I can't keep up with that and this one. I try to read the red forums at poker road and basically never get to them. Adding another forum is a big pain in the butt for me because i'll want to keep up with it but I know that long term I probably won't because I just don't care about the strat discussion that much.And I will probably die off from posting on FCP all together because I will post in the cthread but not many people will read it anymore so it won't be as much fun so I'll get tired of it.We won't add new people much because any new people on fcp won't know about this other foruma lot of fcpers will think we're elitist because fcp isn't good enough for us and we want some private area to chat where we can lock people outI still don't see why people can't talk as freely as they want in this thread, other than saying specific names that can be googled. (Unless the goal is to just not share good strat discussion with the general public, which i'm against because we've all benefitted from that so its kind of lame to say now that we're good nobody else should be able to get good too)Anyway, I dont want to have a new thread for selfish reasons. I think it will take away from my enjoyment of the cthread. I think long term both the cthread and the new forum will die off because the cthread won't have any good content and the new forum won't get new blood and people just disappear after a while. And I think long term I will probably fade away even though I don't want to because I won't get the fun stuff out of the cthread or the forum that I do now.Those are just my opinions. I totally understand that a lot of the posters in here see the need for the new forum and I definitely want to be a part of it and help make it great. But I really don't see the need and feel like whatever happened in the ripley thread which I haven't read just upset everyone so this is just a rash backlash to that. Even though why should whatever douchebaggery that happens in other thread matter to the cthread. I mean, in my mind there is almost NO drama in here. Ematt was drama for like a day. mhoward was drama for a day but now is a good addition. nobody ever bugs us in here that I know of? And I don't feel the need to hide super secret strat knowledge from anyone, and if I know of a huge fish I just tell people over IM. Ok sleepy time. I love you all :)Mark
I have to pretty much agree with all of this tbh. That is why I posted (half kidding) 'R.I.P. Challenge Thread? ' I think there are a lot of folks here on the brink of leaving anyway, and this could be the one final thing that gives them a reason. if it was not for the friends folks make here and this thread, I think the exodus would have already happened. I like Marks point about TIME. Unless you have absolutely nothing else to do all day, keeping up with this thread is pretty hard most of the time. I rarely post here, (well anything substantive anyway ) but enjoy this thread ... a lot.This thread is one of the better things (if not the best thing?) on FCP imo.
Mhoward.. I like the Blazers as a team but you have to change your avatar.. every time I see Rudy Fernandez stare me down I feel like he's going to jump out of the screen and rape and pillage me and my family
lol, he will. thats why i have it so people know they better not cross me.edit: If someone can find a better blazer sig pic thing I will use it instead of this one. I suck at finding them and this is the best one I could find that wasnt huge.

Sigh @ Misclicks. Meant to raise to 56.Full Tilt Poker $3/$6 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 45268The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterHero (BB): $1629.25BTN/SB: $748.50Pre Flop: ($9.00) Hero is BB with A :D T :4hBTN/SB raises to $18, Hero raises to $567, BTN/SB raises to $748.50 all in, Hero calls $181.50Flop: ($1497.00) J :qh 9 :5c 5 :club:Turn: ($1497.00) 7 :DRiver: ($1497.00) 9 :DFinal Pot: $1497.00Hero shows A :jh T :3h (a pair of Nines)BTN/SB shows T :D T :ts (two pair, Tens and Nines)BTN/SB wins $1496.50(Rake: $0.50)