• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

I am through 2.5/3 PAD shows from this week, and as much as I like CTS, he keeps asking (what I think are) super basic questions relating to poker history / Las Vegas history and stuff, and it is putting me on tilt, lol.Anyone else agree or am I just getting grumpy that silly kids have way more $ than I do? :club:
His comment to doyle "Yeah, I think we might have played together before" (or something similar when doyle asked him if they had played together before) came off as really condecending imo. If you've played with doyle, especially within the past year, you are going to remember it. Playing off like "meh, i think we might have" comes off as disrespectful.

So I should probably be stuck 4 buyins right now, had 4 superdraws I was willingto get it in with, get flat called and then I was able to check the turn and see free rivers. I whiffed all 4, but only lost money on the flop all 4 times. Running good/bad?

Obviously play him for the strict +EV of the situation and not the "pride" factor. With that in mind, I actually think that setting ground rules is a bad idea (only because it increases the possibility that he says "no"). Honestly, the rules make it sound more like a grudge match rather than a +EV situation which you happen to be taking advantage of. I personally try to avoid playing in situations where my pride might start to cloud my judgement. Besides, if for example you insist on a minimum number of hands, without escrowing some money aside to ensure that neither of you hit and run the other, there is nothing but his word preventing him from hitting and running. If his word were good enough, then you wouldn't need a "rule" ahead of time, just a gentlemen's agreement prior to the start of the match that you will play X amount of hands or for Y minutes.
Yeah, but the point is, I'm not going to make time to play a high variance match if he is just going to quit if he gets up at some point.Edit: And in general I am tired of having to defend myself to people outside this thread which is one of the reasons I am considering not playing. Cause if we play again tonight all that stuff will just start up again.
The thing is........I really have no clue how good he is just because of the nature of the match last night. He definitely isn't horrid. Playing against a gambler is always going to be high variance. So based on that, not sure it is worth keeping the drama going. I dunno.
Despite it possibly being a +EV spot (you mentioned in other posts that your edge is probably reduced by the fact that he is a gambler and that he's a decent player), depending on what matters to you, it could be a no-win situation for you to continue to play him because:A. If you win, you were expected to anyway and, based on how that thread turned out, you would likely be viewed by some as a "jackass" pro preying on a degen who was giving stakes to the FCP community, andB. If you lose, you would likely be criticized again on how you played bad or how you couldn't even beat a recreational gambler, etc.If neither of the above matters to you, go for it because like Teddy said, someone else will break him even if you don't.
The thing is........I really have no clue how good he is just because of the nature of the match last night. He definitely isn't horrid. Playing against a gambler is always going to be high variance. So based on that, not sure it is worth keeping the drama going. I dunno.
I think you can beat him, I just think you need to adjust a few things.
Obviously play him for the strict +EV of the situation and not the "pride" factor. With that in mind, I actually think that setting ground rules is a bad idea (only because it increases the possibility that he says "no"). Honestly, the rules make it sound more like a grudge match rather than a +EV situation which you happen to be taking advantage of. I personally try to avoid playing in situations where my pride might start to cloud my judgement. Besides, if for example you insist on a minimum number of hands, without escrowing some money aside to ensure that neither of you hit and run the other, there is nothing but his word preventing him from hitting and running. If his word were good enough, then you wouldn't need a "rule" ahead of time, just a gentlemen's agreement prior to the start of the match that you will play X amount of hands or for Y minutes.

Ya RDog, tbh, he hasnt doesnt seem like a really bad guy. Leaving to walk his dog last night was kinda douchbagish, but I think the best you're gonna get, and really the best at not making this an official kinda thing is just to say, "Look, 2 tables, and lets play for a few hrs, giving 30 mins notice" or whatever works.

OK serious question.I had kinda grown out a beard over the last month or so. Last night I got bored and started to shave it off, however just for the fun of it I left some fat ass 'chops. Kristen obv LOL'd, but hated them. She is basically under the opinion that all 'chops are just innately awful, which means it is probably nothing personal. So my question do 'chops have to be awful? Can I bring the sexy back?

OK serious question.I had kinda grown out a beard over the last month or so. Last night I got bored and started to shave it off, however just for the fun of it I left some fat ass 'chops. Kristen obv LOL'd, but hated them. She is basically under the opinion that all 'chops are just innately awful, which means it is probably nothing personal. So my question do 'chops have to be awful? Can I bring the sexy back?
pics
ahem. avatar, obv.
His comment to doyle "Yeah, I think we might have played together before" (or something similar when doyle asked him if they had played together before) came off as really condecending imo. If you've played with doyle, especially within the past year, you are going to remember it. Playing off like "meh, i think we might have" comes off as disrespectful.
To be fair, he is the internet phenominon, he's prolly played with quite alot of ppl.Who is that old guy, anyways??
Looks like I'm replicating January. FML.
I'm most definitely not because I'm not playing aoeewefueaue. sigh. Not playing today and probably not tomorrow either. Why is it so hard to play in February. I think last year was worse and I played like 1k hands.
Despite it possibly being a +EV spot (you mentioned in other posts that your edge is probably reduced by the fact that he is a gambler and that he's a decent player), depending on what matters to you, it could be a no-win situation for you to continue to play him because:A. If you win, you were expected to anyway and, based on how that thread turned out, you would likely be viewed by some as a "jackass" pro preying on a degen who was giving stakes to the FCP community, andB. If you lose, you would likely be criticized again on how you played bad or how you couldn't even beat a recreational gambler, etc.If neither of the above matters to you, go for it because like Teddy said, someone else will break him even if you don't.
good post btwi dont know why this is such a big deal,and being called a grudge match,do these two hate eachother or have a personal problem IRL?noit was just jon having fun and showing that he wont back down against anybody,so when I (and others i believe) encouraged him to play,thats what he did.also to take this to ta place where rules have to be set,i.e. min hands and min play time and stuff is crazy considering this all started on a whim.and to address the bolded and all the people saying this guy is sure to bust or a recreational gambler who got lucky is funny .he eats off of poker and eats well (not really my place to say,but its no secret in our circle of freinds either, hes working with atleast 100k that i know of)so again if he somehow went bust with what he has in his account,which again is laughable he has more the a sufficient roll to stay in whatever action he so chooses (obv not nosebleeds,but u guys know what i mean)...and i really hate to sound like im on his nuts,but as a personal freind of mine,some of the assumptions i hear being made about him (and lets be honest,someone who is an unkown opponent to all of you) bother me so i felt i should say my piece

Meh, I'm done. Tell your buddy I said GG. If he wants to sit at my tables/play me during the regular course of my playing, I won't deny him action but it just isn't worth all the drama like this.

i think chops have a rebuttable presumption of awfulness. first impression will always be awful but you can overcome it. i say bring the sexy back.
I like your attitude.
pics
I tried to clean them up a little bit, but shaved them down too far so you don't really get the full effect anymore. But picture Hugh Jackman as wolverine and your close.
ahem. avatar, obv.
done.

Started donkin around in 50NL HU yesterday instead of 6max, doin prty well so far, running good too though obv :club: Im actually enjoying it though, a lot funner than grinding turbo sngs50hulh4.jpg