New Challenge (old Challenge)

Thanks..........except the part that is going to make me busto.Edit: Should probably start taking applications for a staker.
Stats plz, along with reasons why you'd like to be coached. Might be a spot at $25nl for you.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

6bi below ev today and somewhere around 13-14bi below ev since i started this godforesaken game. fuck bet sliders.anyone who wants to get high, come on over. i'll be in a blanket, rocking crazily slowly, humming row, row, row your boat in b-minor, and nursing the bong. feel free to join me.
Coming, and invited a poker friend of mine...phelps_516_0102_25518a.jpg
You text me that you miss me but you never come on AIM to talk.It is over between us.
Maybe if someone wasn't always on the road bowling we could have a real relationship!

lol.No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (9 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flop | saw showdownButton ($262.50)SB ($933.50)BB ($44.40)UTG ($470.60)UTG+1 ($1089.25)Hero (MP1) ($423.70)MP2 ($392.90)MP3 ($148.65)CO ($270.90)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K :4h, K :club:2 folds, Hero raises $14, 5 folds, BB calls $10Flop: ($30) 5 :3h, 8 :qh, K :D(2 players)BB bets $30 ($0.40 behind), Hero raises $60, 1 fold Total pot: $90Results:Hero had K :5c, K :ts (three of a kind, Kings).Outcome: Hero won $116.50

Cobalt, Commerce now has they lol40%maxbuyins, but they also now have a $1500 max buyin 5/10nl game. So that game rocks, but $400 max 5/10nl and all the others below that are still silly.oh...except that Nutz still managed to completely exploit and destroy one of those silly games with only two things....my great advice, and applying said stellar advice with disciplined ABC poker techniques, which resulted in hauling off over 18 buy ins over 4 days, Woot.Mark
fypI am so ready to go back there it ain't even funny. Run well out there this weekend! :club:
Tyty! Yes, this time last year I was playing 10NL.
And this time last year I was playing 200nl. Sigh.It's not that bad, I was shottaking and failed so was actually playing 100nl and I could technically play 100nl now but I want to overoll myself. It's still not great though
Oh yeah, meant to comment on that. We should never be raising the turn there. As has been said many times, we don't raise for info.
I will occasionaly raise the turn and fold if the 3 bet so that I can get a free showdown\get value out of draws that won't call the river and villain won't bluff river if they miss. However I wouldn't be doing it on this board with this hand.I haven't played poker for like a week and a half. I'm really missing it. I'm still not 100% though, and I've had bad experiences playing sick. I think I might be well enough to one table as it's mostly my throat hurting now rather than head/fever.
That's what I was talking about. Once you build a good/"normal" stack, it's not really worth flipping for it...since you'd have to start back over at 100 and might impair your earn in future hands.
yup.^They have a 200 max buy in 3-5 game which is beyond LOLOLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZ but it is just redic soft imo.
As soon as I get all 6 tables up and going AP crashes on me. Sigh.On a brighter note, I just had my first conversation with VIP support and they were wonderful.
Yeah, i miss VIP support. should have it back by the end of the month though. picked a great month to try too, it's a little tight on a 30/31 day month.
My head just asploded from all the freakin' numbers. This is the Challenge Thread, right? I think I've wandered into some sort of bizarro world.
i for one loved it.

I just played an epic LOL-match with one of my favourite opponents.Some facts about his play:1) EVEN AFTER I started raising anywhere from 6xBB to 16xBB PF (average being 6x), he still had a Call BB percentage of 75% (over a sample size of 1100 hands)2) His fold to CBet percentage was <20% and *loved* making "hero" call-downs3) Every bet he made was POT and he did not understand the concept of pot control4) If I CBet flop and check turn, he will ALWAYS pot river (almost always)Let me dig up some fun hands...

I just played an epic LOL-match with one of my favourite opponents.Some facts about his play:1) EVEN AFTER I started raising anywhere from 6xBB to 16xBB PF (average being 6x), he still had a Call BB percentage of 75% (over a sample size of 1100 hands)2) His fold to CBet percentage was <20% and *loved* making "hero" call-downs3) Every bet he made was POT and he did not understand the concept of pot control4) If I CBet flop and check turn, he will ALWAYS pot river (almost always)Let me dig up some fun hands...
Sounds like the standard opponent that usually runs up 5+ buyins on me.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (2 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (SB) ($50)Button ($65.45)Preflop: Hero is SB with J :club:, 8 :heart:Button raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $6, Button calls $4.50Flop: ($12) 8 :club:, 9 :ts, 10 :club:(2 players)Hero checks, Button checksTurn: ($12) 7 :heart:(2 players)Hero bets $7, Button calls $7River: ($26) 4 :heart:(2 players)Hero bets $21, Button calls $21Total pot: $68 | Rake: $0.50Results:Button had 3 :4h, 8 :5c (one pair, eights).Hero had J :3h, 8 :heart: (straight, Jack high).Outcome: Hero won $67.50Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (2 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (Button) ($185.85)SB ($85.50)Preflop: Hero is Button with 10 :club:, 10 :qhHero raises to $3, SB calls $2.50Flop: ($6) 4 :club:, Q :club:, 8 :club:(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksTurn: ($6) 6 :club:(2 players)SB bets $6, Hero calls $6River: ($18) 6 :((2 players)SB bets $22, Hero calls $22Total pot: $62 | Rake: $0.50Results:Hero had 10 :club:, 10 :D (two pair, tens and sixes).SB had J :club:, 2 :D (one pair, sixes).Outcome: Hero won $61.50Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (2 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (Button) ($50.60)SB ($124.40)Preflop: Hero is Button with 10 :spade:, 7 :club:Hero raises to $2, SB calls $1.50Flop: ($4) 9 :club:, 8 :D, 10 :club:(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $4, SB calls $4Turn: ($12) 6 :D(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksRiver: ($12) 2 :jh(2 players)SB bets $12, Hero calls $12Total pot: $36 | Rake: $0.50Results:Hero had 10 :spade:, 7 :club: (straight, ten high).SB had J :3d, 5 :club: (high card, Jack).Outcome: Hero won $35.50Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (2 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (SB) ($111.35)Button ($144.90)Preflop: Hero is SB with 8 :qc, A :club:Button raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1Flop: ($3) A :club:, A :spade:, 10 :((2 players)Hero checks, Button checksTurn: ($3) 2 :spade:(2 players)Hero bets $3, Button calls $3River: ($9) 5 :spade:(2 players)Hero bets $9, Button calls $9Total pot: $27 | Rake: $0.50Results:Button had 4 :7s, 5 :club: (two pair, Aces and fives).Hero had 8 :club:, A :club: (three of a kind, Aces).Outcome: Hero won $26.50

Sounds like the standard opponent that usually runs up 5+ buyins on me.
Funny you should mention that, because the first time I played him, he donated 4 buyins... then went on a monster run and finished +2 BI. Later, I watched him play a good reg, and the same thing happened.This last session was lol-tastic up and down, but I finished +$30 on the session. I will post it when photobucket is done with their site maintenance. I'm annoyed at myself at how long it took to adjust to his ..."style"EDIT: here it is.February17-2009.jpg
A heap. I think I love you, even taking into consideration that you're ginger..Really nice read man, I <3 it when you do these HU writeups. TY. I'm really interested in learning by playing regs, just dont have the BR yet and it's obv a heap different to fish. Something to look forward to, for me
Get out
CR has a lot of HU stuff. This thread as you know has some amazing posts from Matt, Jordan and all the rest. 2+2 also has a dedicated HU section I believe.From what I have read and seen, a HUD isn't nearly as useful at HU as it is at 6-max, it seems that it is more important to have good observation and make notes on a player. ETA: Not to say that a HUD isn't useful.
Thanks for the reply.Well it turns out I still have a CR day pass from September so I'll fire that bad boy up. That said, can anyone recommend some CR videos to check out for HU?Thanks a lot :club:

Poker Stars $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 3 players - View hand 42507The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterBB: $200.00Hero (BTN): $200.00SB: $209.40Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BTN with T :D K :4hHero raises to $6, SB calls $5, 1 foldFlop: ($14.00) K :club: K :3h J :D(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $10, SB calls $10Turn: ($34.00) 2 :ts(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $26, SB calls $26River: ($86.00) A :qh(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $64, SB calls $64Final Pot: $214.00Hero shows T :D K :5c (three of a kind, Kings)SB shows K :D 2 :jh (a full house, Kings full of Deuces)SB wins $213.00(Rake: $1.00)Who then proceeded to talk trash for 5 minutes before leaving.

sigh nothing even that bad just so much lolness.last night was going fine i was stuck but building momentum in 3 good matches and then boom headshot i lost like 4 big showdown pots in a row and im likea otijrtj4tat end the night by playing BS1, who def reads this thread and was making fun of my picture lol. i ran hot and beat him, but didn't really need to he just bad anyways. then got some fish at 5/10 PLHE who was just lol bad. he got a stack on me tho and then i grinded him down 3x to his original stack. i bluff dbled him up and then he left up like 1k i was just so sighing all over the place. ended night down almost 4k.only good news is that im at 10k hands for the month :club: 10k more to go and i got 20k. I started playing this month on the 8th so meh- Jordan