New Challenge (old Challenge)

all of the names i like have been vetoed. Can't name it after me because there are like 6 mikes in close extended family, she doesn't like braddigan or uriah.probably either end up james michael (and hope we have a girl so we can name her lilly) or mason michael.
People actually do? The bolded names would probably lead to a lot of anti-fatherly sentiments, j/s.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

I opened up full tilt intending to play last night. I started off watching Jordan's HU match and was immediately tilted when Jordan's [KQ] fell to the villain's [JT] in a 4-bet all in flop [9 T J]. This made me realize that I was not in the right mindset to play poker, so instead I watched the match for another 20 minutes before I couldn't take it anymore. Unfortunately, I didn't see the Jordan comeback.
EwwwwI know Jordan, ya mentioned feeling a bit owned in some spots - what kind of situations were they? More sorta marginal holdings spots, or tricky OOP fighting over non connected boards etc??

braddigan can easily be brad for short and is way less weird a lot of the names people are giving kids these days. it's the former guitarist of dispatch's name and a lot of his stuff inspired me to grow as a guitarist when i used to write and perform in college.Uriah is really a middle name, but it's the name of, well this pretty much covers it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uriah_the_Hittite

EwwwwI know Jordan, ya mentioned feeling a bit owned in some spots - what kind of situations were they? More sorta marginal holdings spots, or tricky OOP fighting over non connected boards etc??
he was extremely laggy and i didn't make the proper adjustments in the match early enough.he destroyed me in non sd pots. i wrote a few pgraphs on what i needed ot hcange and how i started too, but it came too latei n the match...one of the harder things about adjusting ina match is when you're losing big, which i was...it can be very hard to hcange things up.that being siad, that's the one thing i was happy about. i kept my head and did do enough to not tilt and lose a ton and actually make a come back.i dont pay a ton of attention to the all in EV line, however as far as that goes, I am running 4 bi below expectation. that played more of a part in me losing to him tho yesterday because i was also losing in non sd pots...at one point i was 4k below EV, but that being said, if Im also losing in non sd pots, then im giving up stuff there and that needs to be what i adjust. i can't control how i run, i can control how i play in pots that don't get to sd.against laggy opponents, who are vgood like him, it's a mix of things. One you can't just play standard TAG approach to hu. the real good thing bout this match so far is that it's really got me thinking of adjustments i'll need to be making against guys like him in the futuer and how to react quicker...as i wrote before, my donk bet % needs to increase dramatically (this is something that i 'knew' but didn't act upon till late in the 2nd sesh).reason for that is because he was opening 95%+ of his buttons and only had a cbet of like 50%. however, when he cbet the flop his turn and river cbet were 60% and then >90%. So basically i was getting 3 barreled a ton when he did bet a flop and that's where he becomes so tough to play against.so a good way to counter his high steal % is to donk into flops that he will not hit hard enough, often enough, to take heat himself like he may try to apply to me.this may not make my non sd winnings go up, but it will at least help taper it off and not cause them to drop at a high rate. make sense?i really have not played a truly lag player like him in a while and i was def. caught off guard in my adjustments. but ive had time to think about it now and so i hope going into next match it'll be better for me. but he should know i'll be making adjustments. we talked on aim and he isn't an idiot. he knows i'm a good player but he also knows the spots where he outplayed me and saw the adjustments i started to make...so i expect him to have his own readjustments for me as well.TBH one of my true edges in the match is going to be my mental stability. i haven't tilted against him which has been crucial (although since he hasn't played long sesh's when he starts losing it may not matter) but i hope that next sesh i can get up a few bi early and see how it affects his game. many ppl in my spot tho woulda either tilt quit or just lost a shit ton cause i can tell you although i was getting outplaye in certain spots, i again started each match getting just destroyed by the deck also and that never helps when you're playing a tough opponent. so i was really pleased with how i kept my head and fought back, didn't quit, and finally did somehow make some adjustments.anyways, i wrote a lot. you probably will not play opponents like him often but if you do maybe some of this will help. i can def say he is the toughest guy ive had to deal with playing hu and i hope that the adjustments for the future work out.ima play at least one more match with him and decide if i wanna learn any more before i move on.- Jordan
braddigan can easily be brad for short and is way less weird a lot of the names people are giving kids these days. it's the former guitarist of dispatch's name and a lot of his stuff inspired me to grow as a guitarist when i used to write and perform in college.Uriah is really a middle name, but it's the name of, well this pretty much covers it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uriah_the_Hittite
I love the name Brad.....
only had a cbet of like 50%. however, when he cbet the flop his turn and river cbet were 60% and then >90%. So basically i was getting 3 barreled a ton when he did bet a flop and that's where he becomes so tough to play against.
This is one adjustment I recently made in my game and it works really well.
the cash game weeks are significantly better than the usual retard sng with hellmuth folding Q's in a 5 handed game with 15 bb's.
lolwut.jpg
Was from an episode several months ago - maybe the dream table. From what I recall, the amateur had been playing decently TAG and open-raised with like AQ/AT in MP. A somewhat short Hellmuth studied and ranted for a while and folded QQ from the CO or Button. I may be screwing this up, but I'm too lazy to look up the video.
You do know I still technically post in this thread right?
Of course we like you, we all chipped in and created a joke ftp account so that we could donate to you to give you a little confidence in your game!
make sense?
A heap. I think I love you, even taking into consideration that you're ginger..Really nice read man, I <3 it when you do these HU writeups. TY. I'm really interested in learning by playing regs, just dont have the BR yet and it's obv a heap different to fish. Something to look forward to, for me
A heap. I think I love you, even taking into consideration that you're ginger..Really nice read man, I <3 it when you do these HU writeups. TY. I'm really interested in learning by playing regs, just dont have the BR yet and it's obv a heap different to fish. Something to look forward to, for me
did you want to do that thing where you played someone and shipped back? if so, get on aim now.
Uriah is too easily mispronounced as pee. If you want a unique name or two, I might have a couple laying around.
i liked it for the symbolism as a middle name more than the uniqueness. I have an easily mispronounced enough last time to know not to give my kid a bad first name.
I'd just like to say that everyone who posts in this thread is really really great.
You could say that the people in this thread are what great is all about, could you not?
haha a ginger? i'm not red headed lolzhe's a tough reg, not your stereotypical reg that understand the game well but kinda goes thru the motions just to make money (nothing wrong with that, but there are def. differences). he's the kinda guy i'll learn from more and become a better player by playing him. that's the reason i'm doing it. it also is a bit of a wake up call for my game and what i need to do if i really wanna take my game to the next level.not that he is like so awesome, he just plays a tough winning style that's different, and it's important for me to understand why he does what he does, how to counter it, and then how to use what i've learned from him into my game and become a better player. win or lose $ wise, i dont really care. i can already tell ive learned a good deal about my hu game by playing him and the types of things he has done to me that i can do to others in the future, not to mention how i can be more effective against a style like his own
prob sometime tonight
gl jordan. Surprises me that he got so tilty in the match cause he usually plays bigger and was already up so much. hope tonight goes well for you. However, I probably would spent my money on 3-5 hours with CTS. :club:

Been meaning to post a hand from Commerce the other night.Edit: This is 100NLVillains A & B - both weak/tight semi-regs - play pretty straight forward fit or fold, roughly $350 each.Me - TAG image but shown down one big three barrel bluff in the last hour, $490Villain A raises to $10 from MP1Villain B calls from the COHero makes it $38 from BTN w/ 4 :club: 6 :spade:Both villains call.Flop is 3 :4h 5 :ts K :spade:Villain A leads out for $100.Villain B minraises to $200.Hero...?

gl jordan. Surprises me that he got so tilty in the match cause he usually plays bigger and was already up so much. hope tonight goes well for you. However, I probably would spent my money on 3-5 hours with CTS. :club:
he has played higher. he has some $ probs tho so he at 36 for a while i guess