New Challenge (old Challenge)

he done for the night. we started up again and i insta won 3 bi. coolered him in two spots and then he made a tough call and was wrong. all happened in like 5 minutes so i can't really blame him.i didn't feel great about how 80% of the 2nd match went (there been 3 now) but i think i'm aware of the adjustments i needed to make and started doing it more for the last 20% of the match and immediately at the start of the 3rd.ran really hot early in teh 3rd tho, so kinda sux cause we couldn't continue (although nice to win the $) If we play again we'll have to see what adjustments were right and what not.he's real interesting pre though cause he spews there a lot but doesn't really spew a ton post, at least not in real big spots often...his fold to 4bet is surprisingly low so that kinda makes me less apt to 4bet bluff him and play more in 3bet pots..but yea...i def think he a good and tough opponent and i hope i've learned/learning something from playing a reg like him. he opens 95%+ buttons so one of the main adjustments making on him was starting to donk more flops. I prob need that number at like 20% or so and I kept it below 10 for just way too long. i think that is prob the most significant change i needed to make so we'll see if we play again.

• Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Since I haven't posted a graph in awhile.My month at 50nl (moved up to 50nl on Feb 1)I am not doing too well for volume, but this month has been HECTIC with school and the thick of the bowling season, so I won't complain.febthru17th.jpg

Almost got really pissed and quit around hand 1500. Glad I didn't. 0216graph-1.jpg
Hey Bull, just wanted to congratulate you on your progress. :ts I remember not so long ago you were playing .10/.25 (even .05/.10 IIRC?), it's been great to see you move up and do so well.Hope I can start making the same kind of progress soon.
Since I haven't posted a graph in awhile.My month at 50nl (moved up to 50nl on Feb 1)I am not doing too well for volume, but this month has been HECTIC with school and the thick of the bowling season, so I won't complain.
Nice graph, and nice to see another bowler :club: What's your average?

Just to make sure, I'm a tard for not putting it all in on the river here aren't I?Villan is 56/13/1.4 and won at show down just over 1/3 times.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($25)UTG ($12)MP ($48.85)CO ($26.10)Button ($24.75)Hero (SB) ($26.50)Preflop: Hero is SB with 4heart.gif, 4spade.gif1 fold, MP calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.15, BB checksFlop: ($1) 4club.gif, Qdiamond.gif, 7heart.gif(4 players)Hero bets $0.75, 1 fold, MP calls $0.75, 1 foldTurn: ($2.50) 2club.gif(2 players)Hero bets $2, MP calls $2River: ($6.50) Jspade.gif(2 players)Hero bets $4, MP raises to $14.75, Hero calls $10.75Total pot: $36 | Rake: $1.75Results in white below: Hero had 4heart.gif, 4spade.gif (three of a kind, fours).MP had Qspade.gif, Jheart.gif (two pair, Queens and Jacks).Outcome: Hero won $34.25

Just to make sure, I'm a tard for not putting it all in on the river here aren't I?Villan is 56/13/1.4 and won at show down just over 1/3 times.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($25)UTG ($12)MP ($48.85)CO ($26.10)Button ($24.75)Hero (SB) ($26.50)Preflop: Hero is SB with 4heart.gif, 4spade.gif1 fold, MP calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.15, BB checksFlop: ($1) 4club.gif, Qdiamond.gif, 7heart.gif(4 players)Hero bets $0.75, 1 fold, MP calls $0.75, 1 foldTurn: ($2.50) 2club.gif(2 players)Hero bets $2, MP calls $2River: ($6.50) Jspade.gif(2 players)Hero bets $4, MP raises to $14.75, Hero calls $10.75Total pot: $36 | Rake: $1.75Results in white below: Hero had 4heart.gif, 4spade.gif (three of a kind, fours).MP had Qspade.gif, Jheart.gif (two pair, Queens and Jacks).Outcome: Hero won $34.25
I would shove that river alway against a 56/13 just because he loves to call so alot of 2 pairs are going to pay you off.

Should you use the chat trick on a player if you know they dont speak english? I was thinking about this tonight against an villian who was going off in the chat in another language. If they cant comprehend it wouldnt they just assume that you are saying "fold" or something else super strong.

I would shove that river alway against a 56/13 just because he loves to call so alot of 2 pairs are going to pay you off anyone because we're only beaten by a higher set...
Also, I was hoping someone could offer me some advice...I'm trying to get more into HU since I don't have a HUD (Mac). As such, I was wondering if there's any videos/articles/forums someone could recommend for me to take a look at in order to improve my HU game.Many thanks for any suggestions:)
Should you use the chat trick on a player if you know they dont speak english? I was thinking about this tonight against an villian who was going off in the chat in another language. If they cant comprehend it wouldnt they just assume that you are saying "fold" or something else super strong.
They still understand "AK?"
CRAI on the turn to make sure you get it all.
Also, I was hoping someone could offer me some advice...I'm trying to get more into HU since I don't have a HUD (Mac). As such, I was wondering if there's any videos/articles/forums someone could recommend for me to take a look at in order to improve my HU game.Many thanks for any suggestions:)
CR has a lot of HU stuff. This thread as you know has some amazing posts from Matt, Jordan and all the rest. 2+2 also has a dedicated HU section I believe.From what I have read and seen, a HUD isn't nearly as useful at HU as it is at 6-max, it seems that it is more important to have good observation and make notes on a player. ETA: Not to say that a HUD isn't useful.

A hand where I am a bit lost. Am I correct to fold here, I mean AK is the only hand in his range that beats me?32/25/1.4 3 bet of 14% over 60 handsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comCO ($25.25)Hero (Button) ($40.35)SB ($25)BB ($48.65)UTG ($10.80)MP ($7.95)Preflop: Hero is Button with Adiamond.gif, Qspade.gifUTG raises to $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, BB raises to $5, 1 fold, Hero calls $3Flop: ($10.60) 5club.gif, Aclub.gif, 6heart.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero checksTurn: ($10.60) 4club.gif(2 players)BB bets $4, Hero raises to $12, BB raises to $43.65 (All-In), Hero foldsTotal pot: $34.60 | Rake: $1.70Results:BB didn't showOutcome: BB won $32.90

Is such a passive villan going to bet there?
Someone who plays 56% of his hands and has an AF of 1.4 isn't passive. And he has a queen A LOT. That he is betting and never folding.

Pretty sweet day. I IMed Vt at approximately 10:10 this morning with this message: TreMomey: the donation train is running todayThat was after this hand which put me up about $400 on the day. Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 41696The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterHero (BTN/SB): $235.00BB: $214.20Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN/SB with 6 :D 6 :club:Hero raises to $3, BB raises to $9, Hero calls $6Flop: ($18.00) T :D 2 :( 6 :club:(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $13, BB calls $13Turn: ($44.00) 7 :D(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $36, BB raises to $95, Hero raises to $213 all in, BB calls $97.20 all inRiver: ($428.40) 4 :D(2 players - 2 are all in)Final Pot: $428.40Hero shows 6 :jh 6 :ts (three of a kind, Sixes)BB shows 5 :club: 5 :4h (a pair of Fives)Hero wins $427.90(Rake: $0.50)After that the same player donated a ton to me all while I was holding Ava. I hit a gutshot on the guy for a big pot which caused me to knock over my carton of strawberries that I was eating and about 5 minutes later Ava managed to puke on me and about 2 minutes later crap on me. All of this while I was still 3 tabling. Finally busted the above guy on this hand:Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 41698The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterHero (BB): $888.50BTN/SB: $227.90Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BB with K :5c K :club:BTN/SB raises to $3, Hero raises to $11, BTN/SB calls $8Flop: ($22.00) 2 :club: 8 :3h 2 :3d(2 players)Hero bets $15, BTN/SB calls $15Turn: ($52.00) 7 :club:(2 players)Hero bets $36, BTN/SB calls $36River: ($124.00) 4 :club:(2 players)Hero bets $826.50 all in, BTN/SB calls $165.90 all inFinal Pot: $455.80Hero shows K :qh K :club: (two pair, Kings and Twos)BTN/SB mucks Q :qc A :club:Hero wins $455.30(Rake: $0.50)feb17jg1.jpgfeb17lolqe6.jpg

Hey Bull, just wanted to congratulate you on your progress. :club: I remember not so long ago you were playing .10/.25 (even .05/.10 IIRC?), it's been great to see you move up and do so well.Hope I can start making the same kind of progress soon.
Tyty! Yes, this time last year I was playing 10NL.
A hand where I am a bit lost. Am I correct to fold here, I mean AK is the only hand in his range that beats me?32/25/1.4 3 bet of 14% over 60 handsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comCO ($25.25)Hero (Button) ($40.35)SB ($25)BB ($48.65)UTG ($10.80)MP ($7.95)Preflop: Hero is Button with Adiamond.gif, Qspade.gifUTG raises to $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, BB raises to $5, 1 fold, Hero calls $3Flop: ($10.60) 5club.gif, Aclub.gif, 6heart.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero checksTurn: ($10.60) 4club.gif(2 players)BB bets $4, Hero raises to $12, BB raises to $43.65 (All-In), Hero foldsTotal pot: $34.60 | Rake: $1.70Results:BB didn't showOutcome: BB won $32.90
Why are we raising this turn? That seems like a massive spew to me.

the PAD cash game this week is sooooo fantastic. won't post spoilers, you have to go watch it.nbcsports.com/pokeri didn't have the baby jordan, we had the gender ultrasound at 16 weeks yesterday. also just booked our last pre-baby vacation yesterday. apr 28 - may 3 - VEGAS. 2 cirque shows, lots of eating, spa and pool time, and then i get to play poker all night since she needs 12-14 hours of sleep. everybody win this week, i need to live vicariously. i have to do 2.2 more weeks of CPA prep before the last section of the exam next thursday so i'm pretty locked down when i get home from work.

the PAD cash game this week is sooooo fantastic. won't post spoilers, you have to go watch it.nbcsports.com/pokeri didn't have the baby jordan, we had the gender ultrasound at 16 weeks yesterday. also just booked our last pre-baby vacation yesterday. apr 28 - may 3 - VEGAS. 2 cirque shows, lots of eating, spa and pool time, and then i get to play poker all night since she needs 12-14 hours of sleep. everybody win this week, i need to live vicariously. i have to do 2.2 more weeks of CPA prep before the last section of the exam next thursday so i'm pretty locked down when i get home from work.
You'll do fine on the exam.
Pretty sweet day. I IMed Vt at approximately 10:10 this morning with this message: TreMomey: the donation train is running todayAfter that the same player donated a ton to me all while I was holding Ava. I hit a gutshot on the guy for a big pot which caused me to knock over my carton of strawberries that I was eating and about 5 minutes later Ava managed to puke on me and about 2 minutes later crap on me. All of this while I was still 3 tabling. Finally busted the above guy on this hand:
vtlaxer09: how am i sposed to win all teh mobniesvtlaxer09: when babies are shitting on meTreMomey: exactly
also just booked our last pre-baby vacation yesterday. apr 28 - may 3 - VEGAS. 2 cirque shows, lots of eating, spa and pool time, and then i get to play poker all night since she needs 12-14 hours of sleep. everybody win this week, i need to live vicariously. i have to do 2.2 more weeks of CPA prep before the last section of the exam next thursday so i'm pretty locked down when i get home from work.
When you are there I would advise taking a cab or something if your going to go from Harrah's to the stratosphere.. Jody and I walked the whole way while she was like 6 1/2 months pregnant, LOL! I just kept saying.. we are almost there! She still talks about how dumb I am because of this.

at some point, the little green line catches up with the big green line, right?i'm starting to understand why nl players suck so bad at HULHE, because i have had to make some fairly significant adjustments concerning my general approach going in the other direction.