New Challenge (old Challenge)

I took a different line on this one and want to see what ya'll think about it. I think the standard line would be to 4 bet and get it in against the SB.Hero is 22/18Button is 35/22SB is 83/0PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flopHero (CO) ($210.80)Button ($253.35)SB ($105.75)BB ($809.35)UTG ($76.75)MP ($269.30)Preflop: Hero is CO with J :3h, J :4h2 folds, Hero raises to $6, Button raises to $20, SB calls $19, 1 fold, Hero calls $14Flop: ($62) 9 :club:, 2 :qh, 4 :D(3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, Button bets $44, SB calls $44, Hero raises to $190.80 (All-In), Button calls $146.80, SB calls $41.75 (All-In)Turn: ($529.35) 2 :ts(3 players, 2 all-in)River: ($529.35) 2 :5c(3 players, 2 all-in)Total pot: $529.35 | Rake: $3
I think pre is pretty standard...
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

sry but what do you mean "fold/call"?
my first option is to fold or call depending how I feelI prolly fold like 70% call 30%
I took a different line on this one and want to see what ya'll think about it. I think the standard line would be to 4 bet and get it in against the SB.Hero is 22/18Button is 35/22SB is 83/0PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flopHero (CO) ($210.80)Button ($253.35)SB ($105.75)BB ($809.35)UTG ($76.75)MP ($269.30)Preflop: Hero is CO with J :3h, J :4h2 folds, Hero raises to $6, Button raises to $20, SB calls $19, 1 fold, Hero calls $14Flop: ($62) 9 :club:, 2 :qh, 4 :D(3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, Button bets $44, SB calls $44, Hero raises to $190.80 (All-In), Button calls $146.80, SB calls $41.75 (All-In)Turn: ($529.35) 2 :ts(3 players, 2 all-in)River: ($529.35) 2 :5c(3 players, 2 all-in)Total pot: $529.35 | Rake: $3
Eh, against these Villains I think you need to get it in pre. JJ isn't going to play well 3 handed. Once button bets the flop with tard boy in you have to give him credit for a big hand. Unless he is the type to stack off with like A9 here (which I doubt he is), not a big fan of the flop play.Edit: Also, 35/22's typically aren't the types to 3 bet very light so depending on his 3 bet % would determine if I would 4 bet pre or just call pre and fold this flop.
sry but what do you mean "fold/call"?
It is an awkward spot with the SB in there, but Button's bet on the flop (unless he is a spazz or cbets too much) is REALLY strong here imo. So yeah we have an overpair, but he is betting knowing there is a good chance SB isn't folding this flop.Shoving is spew here I think, and calling kinda sucks too, as there is at least $40 more going in on the turn (so a call commits us on a safe turn - which means we decided to put all our $ in on the flop (and in that case we should be probably be shoving, but I think that is spew for previously mentioned reasons, lol), so this is a spot I am fine losing a small pot like this with a decently strong hand.Edit: Meh, as always, Ralph is probably right about getting all in pf.

I haven't withdrawn yet this month from Pokerstars and would like to do it before I deposit for the reload bonus.Anyone know if it'll somehow affect by deposit bonus if I make a withdrawal before loading for the bonus?

I haven't withdrawn yet this month from Pokerstars and would like to do it before I deposit for the reload bonus.Anyone know if it'll somehow affect by deposit bonus if I make a withdrawal before loading for the bonus?
Yes it will. When you go to cash out it will give you a warning telling you that you won't be eligible for the deposit bonus.
FWIW, I think you should just turn the house into your poker office, host games 7 days a week, don't take a rake, and pay the mortgage that way. Mega deductions on your tax return too. :club:
fyp
Eh, against these Villains I think you need to get it in pre. JJ isn't going to play well 3 handed. Once button bets the flop with tard boy in you have to give him credit for a big hand. Unless he is the type to stack off with like A9 here (which I doubt he is), not a big fan of the flop play.Edit: Also, 35/22's typically aren't the types to 3 bet very light so depending on his 3 bet % would determine if I would 4 bet pre or just call pre and fold this flop.
if you are button don't you feel comfortable cbetting almost all of your 3bet hands here? tardboy's flop calling range is still crushed by your 3bet range and i "have" to fold a ton of my pf calling hands. I guess this begs the question: what do yall think the buttons pf and flop cbet range is here?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (2 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (Button) ($752.15)SB ($398.95)Preflop: Hero is Button with K :5c, J :DHero raises to $6, SB raises to $18, Hero calls $12Flop: ($36) 6 :3h, 7 :club:, J :qh(2 players)SB bets $86, Hero raises to $734.15 (All-In), SB turbo snapcalls $294.95 (All-In)Turn: ($797.90) 3 :D(2 players, 2 all-in)River: ($797.90) 4 :ts(2 players, 2 all-in)Total pot: $797.90 | Rake: $0.50Results:Hero had K :D, J :jh (one pair, Jacks).SB had A :D, 9 :4h (high card, Ace).Outcome: Hero won $797.40That's Naismith. Don't ask how he does it.

if you are button don't you feel comfortable cbetting almost all of your 3bet hands here? tardboy's flop calling range is still crushed by your 3bet range and i "have" to fold a ton of my pf calling hands. I guess this begs the question: what do yall think the buttons pf and flop cbet range is here?
For the most part 35/22's are pretty passive so I assume this guy is the same. I assume his CBet range is top pair + and NFD type hands. Your flat behind is almost always going to be the type of hand you have so even though he isn't so worried about SB, I think for sure he isn't C-Betting air there against you.

yea, mikey...i mean, i expected to get cr lightly just cause i waas playing so ridic at that point and was cbetting 100%he cr 50 to 150 and i 3bet small with no intention of folding for 100 or 110 bb. so w/e i ran into a hand but i thought it was a spot i was gonna get played at often so i went for the small 4bet mainly cause i had been so lol at this point and anticipated getting played back at.so w/e. yesterday was just pretty bad all around

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (2 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (Button) ($752.15)SB ($398.95)Preflop: Hero is Button with K :5c, J :DHero raises to $6, SB raises to $18, Hero calls $12Flop: ($36) 6 :3h, 7 :club:, J :qh(2 players)SB bets $86, Hero raises to $734.15 (All-In), SB turbo snapcalls $294.95 (All-In)Turn: ($797.90) 3 :D(2 players, 2 all-in)River: ($797.90) 4 :ts(2 players, 2 all-in)Total pot: $797.90 | Rake: $0.50Results:Hero had K :D, J :jh (one pair, Jacks).SB had A :D, 9 :4h (high card, Ace).Outcome: Hero won $797.40That's Naismith. Don't ask how he does it.
He would be my friend at the end:01b5f918c01e7cb358f9b1d0bdcd6d73.png
For the most part 35/22's are pretty passive so I assume this guy is the same. I assume his CBet range is top pair + and NFD type hands. Your flat behind is almost always going to be the type of hand you have so even though he isn't so worried about SB, I think for sure he isn't C-Betting air there against you.
i guess i just played with flawed logic.pf i decided to call knowing that the SB would check regardless of the flop and i figured the button would cbet a good percentage of the time here because of his 3bet range and his position and the SB would call a very high percentage of the time....this would build up a lot of dead money in the pot and i would still have fold equity on the button while having the sb dominated most of the time if the flop meshed well with my hand...i felt like this gave me pretty good odds to shove...if the flop was super ugly i could easily get away from my hand...i def felt like i could have won a smaller pot with less risk at the time....but it looks like you guys think that I am -EV the way I played it so it might not have been a good way to play the hand in the long run.appreciate the feedback.i'm headed out, if anyone is curious about results just post and ill post when i get back.
i guess i just played with flawed logic.pf i decided to call knowing that the SB would check regardless of the flop and i figured the button would cbet a good percentage of the time here because of his 3bet range and his position and the SB would call a very high percentage of the time....this would build up a lot of dead money in the pot and i would still have fold equity on the button while having the sb dominated most of the time if the flop meshed well with my hand...i felt like this gave me pretty good odds to shove...if the flop was super ugly i could easily get away from my hand...i def felt like i could have won a smaller pot with less risk at the time....but it looks like you guys think that I am -EV the way I played it so it might not have been a good way to play the hand in the long run.appreciate the feedback.i'm headed out, if anyone is curious about results just post and ill post when i get back.
1. I think your flop logic is flawed a bit with the first bolded part. If you think SB is calling a high percentage of the time, this really doesn't allow Button to cbet light (or at least he shouldn't, since he is getting at least one call, with you to act behind). So unless you think he is capable of just lighting money on fire, you probably don't have as much (if any) FE as you think you might.2. I guess you won the hand? :club: