New Challenge (old Challenge)

Also, Jordan those words should make you feel better.
yea well i just get tilted and then wanna break something. it's not like i'm not used to it; i am...just every fking time it happens against someone that I know is gonna hit and run me ASAP, and then he follows thru, it just brings out the worse in me.and fk carrying myself like a gentlemen with these douche bags. I'm a nice guy when I lose, really I am, but guys that are notorious rat holers; fk em'. They know it and deserve to be told. Just tilts me that poker is so lol I have to occasionally give mobnies to these assholes.sigh- Jordanedit for RICK: I had to use a K cause ftp prob blocks it w/ a c
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Lobster/rdog/kurt/everyone else: gfy :club:

Anyway, the relevency is that my poker career is now old enough that I've seen a lot of players come and go, specifically tournament players. I am totally open to being proven wrong, but my gut tells me that ironing out MTT variance, even online, can take years if not decades yet there are still lots of people who play MTTs for a living. Certainly I think live tournaments are almost purely luck driven, as it's not possible to play enough of them in a year to make up a solid and statistically meaningful sample. I think that's why a lot of people were put off with Vanessa Rousso making some comment that she paid her dues by playing a whopping 80 tournaments online and has had both a million dollar score and a several hundred thousand dollar score. My buddy USCPhildo is one of the best tournament players out there, with a very long stretch of dominating tournaments... and he's never had a 6-figure score. Her comments definitely rubbed me the wrong way, but to say she's alone in that category wouldn't be fair. Alex Jacob once said in an interview during his hot streak that he was running above expectation. I was so happy to see a very good player understand that even though he's sick, he still ran stupidly hot. It's also why players like Brandon Cantu bother me as well. He runs just retardedly hot for his entire stack again and again, and doesn't even bother to tip when he hits a big win. His big run in the Main Event this year included 2 suckouts very deep (one against David Benefield). I'm not going to do the math here, but although he failed to make the Final Table those suckouts were worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.[...from LJJones blog on cardrunners.Thought Mark would appreciate this.
Seriously. In tourneys running well at the right time is measured in hundreds of thousands of dollars. Like with Brandon. He wins that flip vs me, and goes on to be famous because of it. If he loses that flip vs me, he is just another random grinder today. But that flip was worth at least 2M to him I'd say easy.
Random stupid question.I was going to go to Off Topic to start a Metro thread and I probably will to ask this question but theres enough Metros(checky, nosup etc) in here to make it worth asking before starting a thread......I have been "silently" inquiring about a really good job in my department and was told the other day all I have to do is approach HR and it will get moving.I have long hair, not long enough to pony tail. Its pretty wild, thick, messy and a bit curly. Everyones already told me and I know myself I need to sort it out if I want to appear professional enough(Im in a laid back department where I could where flip flops if I wanted).I've tried moose, no idea why, and really sticky gel. None of it works longer than 20 minutes. I'm going for the American Pyscho look. I have no idea about these things, really clueless, I never maintain my hair. Any quick solutions appreciated.I'll ask else where soon enough
I would cut it shorter, but not short. There are a bunch of really popular 'long' hair styles for men right now. (shoulder length kinda things). But if you can't cut it short, I don't know what else you can do to keep it manageable other than tie it up in something like a ponytail, but I'm not a fan of those.
Dear Mark,learn to level people in chat like a true masterhttp://www.liquidpoker.net/h/286725
Wow, he's my hero of course. Love MagicNinja anyway, this hand just cements it :)Mark
yea well i just get tilted and then wanna break something. it's not like i'm not used to it; i am...just every fking time it happens against someone that I know is gonna hit and run me ASAP, and then he follows thru, it just brings out the worse in me.and fk carrying myself like a gentlemen with these douche bags. I'm a nice guy when I lose, really I am, but guys that are notorious rat holers; fk em'. They know it and deserve to be told. Just tilts me that poker is so lol I have to occasionally give mobnies to these assholes.sigh- Jordanedit for RICK: I had to use a K cause ftp prob blocks it w/ a c
Makes sense. What I have started doing to hit and runners (I get a lot cause I start tons of tables) is making a note and then hit and running them. Might cost me a little money long term but it is +EV happiness.
Makes sense. What I have started doing to hit and runners (I get a lot cause I start tons of tables) is making a note and then hit and running them. Might cost me a little money long term but it is +EV happiness.
yea idk sigh. im more annoyed bout my JJ hand than anything to be honest. i'm just a silly rabbit thinking the guy ever thinks about his ranges and trying to balance his play. prob last time i'll ever stack off against him in a 3bet pot w/out the nizzles (or air). and not that this matters cause apparently when he pots turns he has it every fking time like he did the entire match.tilt myself pink.anyways, im off computer for a while. im totally unsteamed but prob would punt buy-ins right now if i sat and got HNR in the first 20 min of play lolz
anyways, im off computer for a while. im totally unsteamed but prob would punt buy-ins right now if i sat and got HNR in the first 20 min of play lolz
HU 4 Rollz?

LOL @ that shirt Mark.Question for HU players: I play mainly short stackers, and I feel like my 3bet range is super tight. Basically, should be only be 3betting with hands for value against 50bb and under opponents?

LOL @ that shirt Mark.Question for HU players: I play mainly short stackers, and I feel like my 3bet range is super tight. Basically, should be only be 3betting with hands for value against 50bb and under opponents?
i have put in some hands at HU lately and my 3 bet % is 13%, basically its almost always for value vs the short stackers.
Depends how likely they are to fold to the 3-bet, and to fold to c-bets.
Seriously. In tourneys running well at the right time is measured in hundreds of thousands of dollars.
When I got 4th the other night, I probably had AA 5 times throughout the tourny and played for stacks 4 of those times...winning all of them. I still think I max valued them and played well in other spots. I only sucked out decently one time.
When I got 4th the other night, I probably had AA 5 times throughout the tourny and played for stacks 4 of those times...winning all of them. I still think I max valued them and played well in other spots. I only sucked out decently one time.
get on AIM imo

i literally was at 997.95 profit for themonth, have played about 1k hands so far todayI didnt get to 1k...yet