New Challenge (old Challenge)

as someone who couldn't care less about the super bowl, i saw many more clear fumbles ruled forward passes this season. watching it in real time i was damn confused why they were calling it a fumble.

• Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

I think it probably would've ended up being a fumble, but it was questionable. That's why they have the review process like they do - to make sure they review the questionable calls that they're allowed to take a second look at.What's the harm? They take a look, 80 seconds later, they come out, announce that it was indeed a fumble and nobody has anything to say. The play was questionable, it was reviewed, it was upheld, game over.I think they made a mistake not reviewing this, just from the standpoint that nobody could say anything either way if they had.
I think it was very close, and I don't think there was conclusive enough evidence to overturn, but just be 10000% that you are right about it at such an important time. Also, realize that on the off chance that it had been overturned, AZ would have had the ball on about the 30 because of the unsportsmanlike penalty, so while still unlikely to score, not nearly as ridic as a ~50 yard bomb.Actually I had hoped in a way that it would go to overtime, the first team who got the ball would score, anarchy would ensue because of the antiquated OT rules, and it would be changed for the following seasons. But that is just the rebel in me. :club:
as someone who couldn't care less about the super bowl, i saw many more clear fumbles ruled forward passes this season. watching it in real time i was damn confused why they were calling it a fumble.
I saw a lot of bad calls this season too. But he wasn't controlling that pass. The ball was hit going backwards... just because he was able to fling it forward doesn't mean he had control.
I saw a lot of bad calls this season too. But he wasn't controlling that pass. The ball was hit going backwards... just because he was able to fling it forward doesn't mean he had control.
If he "flung" the ball forward, then it was a pass.
I think it was very close, and I don't think there was conclusive enough evidence to overturn, but just be 10000% that you are right about it at such an important time. Also, realize that on the off chance that it had been overturned, AZ would have had the ball on about the 30 because of the unsportsmanlike penalty, so while still unlikely to score, not nearly as ridic as a ~50 yard bomb.Actually I had hoped in a way that it would go to overtime, the first team who got the ball would score, anarchy would ensue because of the antiquated OT rules, and it would be changed for the following seasons. But that is just the rebel in me. :club:
Well since the people at my house all were 100% it would be reviewed and there was a chance it would be overturned this is what we were discussing prior to them coming back to the Steelers downing it. Penalties that occur on overturned plays aren't supposed to be assessed. We weren't sure if because this was a dead ball situation and wasn't part of the actual play if the penalty would be assessed or not.
HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHA ex mattaments
yeah dude. My superbowl Parlay was the first bet I've won in about 3 months!! as little as it is im pretty happy about it!!
Well since the people at my house all were 100% it would be reviewed and there was a chance it would be overturned this is what we were discussing prior to them coming back to the Steelers downing it. Penalties that occur on overturned plays aren't supposed to be assessed. We weren't sure if because this was a dead ball situation and wasn't part of the actual play if the penalty would be assessed or not.
Just read through the 2006 NFL rulebook, and I couldn't find it talking about this situation anywhere in it. But I would have to imagine that a dead ball foul would not be reversed as it had no impact on the play itself. Dunno though.

I just got to play Boston Sully1 @ 5/10. Apparently he's better than me. He won $400 then ran away immediately and wouldn't play me at his other tables.

Blegh..Dealer: boston sully1 posts the small blind of $5Dealer: TreMomey posts the big blind of $10Dealer: You have been dealt [4c 4h]Dealer: boston sully1 raises to $20Dealer: TreMomey raises to $1,062.50, and is all inDealer: boston sully1 calls $142, and is all inDealer: TreMomey shows [4c 4h]Dealer: boston sully1 shows [9c Qd]Dealer: Uncalled bet of $900.50 returned to TreMomeyDealer: The flop is [5s 5c 7d]Dealer: The turn is [9d]Dealer: The river is [Kc]Dealer: TreMomey shows two pair, Fives and FoursDealer: boston sully1 shows two pair, Nines and FivesDealer: boston sully1 wins the pot ($323.50) with two pair, Nines and FivesDealer: TreMomey adds $99.50Dealer: boston sully1 is sitting outboston sully1: ggboston sully1: no tyboston sully1: your 2 good sorry

Blegh..Dealer: boston sully1 posts the small blind of $5Dealer: TreMomey posts the big blind of $10Dealer: You have been dealt [4c 4h]Dealer: boston sully1 raises to $20Dealer: TreMomey raises to $1,062.50, and is all inDealer: boston sully1 calls $142, and is all inDealer: TreMomey shows [4c 4h]Dealer: boston sully1 shows [9c Qd]Dealer: Uncalled bet of $900.50 returned to TreMomeyDealer: The flop is [5s 5c 7d]Dealer: The turn is [9d]Dealer: The river is [Kc]Dealer: TreMomey shows two pair, Fives and FoursDealer: boston sully1 shows two pair, Nines and FivesDealer: boston sully1 wins the pot ($323.50) with two pair, Nines and FivesDealer: TreMomey adds $99.50Dealer: boston sully1 is sitting outboston sully1: ggboston sully1: no tyboston sully1: your 2 good sorry
he's at 2 tables, why is noone from thread on wait list? wtf?
[x] would play him[x] is broke[x] :club:
Do you have a job? If you move to Minnesota I could get you a sweet job packing egg cartons. 11/hr imo