• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

holy crap.23-20 arizona, super bowl squares, I have Arizona 3, Pitt 0, Arizona 3 Pitt 3.If it went to OT I woulda won. Anything but a TD and I woulda won.FUCKMYFUCKINGLIFE

That was an awesome game. Two Hail Mary tries to Fitzy woulda made it a little cooler. Cuz if Fitz came down with a Hail Mary to win it, that's the end of the league, woulda had to hoped LeBron would come play safety or something.

Don't understand why the refs didn't at least review that last play. Oh well, congrats Steelers/King, OSU alum Santonio Holmes for MVP obv.

disagree completely.
then we agree to disagree. :)and **** me, i was all excited to have a happy, funny pick me up with the hour long Office episode, but we don't get it here and instead have local depressing cardinals coverage... rgaerfarthatfbhasdrgharegaergedit: nevermind, they just said they will show it in their entirity

No idea why the refs didn't review that last play, its the ****ing superbowl and imo was a forward pass. But it just robbed us of a shot at a very unlikely hail mary so it's not as bad as how the refs robbed Seattle when they played the Steelers in the SB.Congrats Kinger, great game all around. Such an exciting (and sad for me obv) ending.Mark

That's the first time I've ever watched the Superbowl, or American Football for that matter. Picked up the rules pretty fast, though, and the stopping/starting was a lot better than I though it'd be.Overall, I think that was a great game.:club:

Keystone Light for the commoners, Captain and Coke for me
+amillion
LOL!!!!HAHAHAHAHHAHA. OH WOW. That's funny. Why not drink Aquafina?
I hate you in every imaginable way at the moment
No idea why the refs didn't review that last play, its the ****ing superbowl and imo was a forward pass. But it just robbed us of a shot at a very unlikely hail mary so it's not as bad as how the refs robbed Seattle when they played the Steelers in the SB.Congrats Kinger, great game all around. Such an exciting (and sad for me obv) ending.Mark
I don't know a ton about the way football handles this type of stuff, but on the broadcast they sure made it sound like the play was being reviewed in the booth or whatever, and they determined that it was not a forward pass.
holy crap.23-20 arizona, super bowl squares, I have Arizona 3, Pitt 0, Arizona 3 Pitt 3.If it went to OT I woulda won. Anything but a TD and I woulda won.FUCKMYFUCKINGLIFE
If it goes to OT, the final score is used for squares, not the score at the end of OT.If it would have went to OT, you woulda basically been screwed b.c. then you would have needed Pit to score a TD ftw (unlikey in OT)
If it goes to OT, the final score is used for squares, not the score at the end of OT.If it would have went to OT, you woulda basically been screwed b.c. then you would have needed Pit to score a TD ftw (unlikey in OT)
it clearly said score at the end of the 4th quarter i woulda fought that to the endwait nm, either way i'm still sorta tilted but not as much
it clearly said score at the end of the 4th quarter i woulda fought that to the endwait nm, either way i'm still sorta tilted but not as much
It was asked along the way.... not to mention that's how it always is.
although i understand why you woulda fought it... there were numerous post that acknowledged the mistake and stated the final payout was based on the final score and not the 4th quarter ending.I was hoping the game would end P 20 A 14 b.c. i had that in the 10 pool and would have scoped all my other bets on the game.
I don't know a ton about the way football handles this type of stuff, but on the broadcast they sure made it sound like the play was being reviewed in the booth or whatever, and they determined that it was not a forward pass.
If it was reviewed they would have taken longer. When they say stuff like that, its because theoretically the booth reviews every play. But if it was truly reviewed they would have stopped play, the booth would have signaled to the refs to go over to the replay monitor and review it, and they would have come back and reported their findings. None of that happened.
That wasn't a forward pass, sorry.
And Kurt, if you don't think that's a call that could have been overturned, then you haven't been paying attention to forward passes in the NFL for the last 10 years. I've seen MUCH clearer fumbles overturned. IMO the rule is kinda dumb because there are times when its clear the guy is hit and fumbles but because his arm happens to be moving towards the line of scrimmage they call it an incomplete pass. I think that's what would have happened here, but like I said, its somewhat of a moot point since the Cards would just have had 5 seconds left to throw up a hail mary. But there is no reason a play like that with 5 seconds left in the superbowl shouldn't be reviewed.Mark
fwiw, the final score is the score when the game ends, not when the 4th quarter ends.
If it was reviewed they would have taken longer. When they say stuff like that, its because theoretically the booth reviews every play. But if it was truly reviewed they would have stopped play, the booth would have signaled to the refs to go over to the replay monitor and review it, and they would have come back and reported their findings. None of that happened.And Kurt, if you don't think that's a call that could have been overturned, then you haven't been paying attention to forward passes in the NFL for the last 10 years. I've seen MUCH clearer fumbles overturned. IMO the rule is kinda dumb because there are times when its clear the guy is hit and fumbles but because his arm happens to be moving towards the line of scrimmage they call it an incomplete pass. I think that's what would have happened here, but like I said, its somewhat of a moot point since the Cards would just have had 5 seconds left to throw up a hail mary. But there is no reason a play like that with 5 seconds left in the superbowl shouldn't be reviewed.Mark
It came loose when he was going back. It was pretty clear to me. The first one was easily a pass, the second wasn't.And once I knew I couldn't win my squares, I was rooting for AZ, it's not like I'm biased or something.