New Challenge (old Challenge)

So I'm applying for work placements during summer, and the applications have some interesting questions. Problem is, I don't know how to answer them. Did any of you guys have to answer something like this, and what did you put. For example: Describe your role, the action you took and the outcome in a situation where you have had to use an original approach to deal with a conflict or complaint. Please be specific in your example. (max 250 words) I somehow don't think "Some guy kept three-betting my steal attempts so I shoved on him" would suffice...

• Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

so for any of u wonderingit takes about 30-32k hands of HU 2/4-5/10 to get a free month membership at cardrunners...lol!
I played 28K at 6max and got free CR and Stox. About half 50NL and half 100NL.
My list of things I hate:Losing at pokerTHE ARIZONA CARDINALS
Weeeeeeeeeee Go Cards!
so for any of u wonderingit takes about 30-32k hands of HU 2/4-5/10 to get a free month membership at cardrunners...lol!
They must not like you. I've played 18K hands this month, 16K of them 2/4nl and 1/2nl HU, and I just got my free month.Mark

Snamuh: I don't feel like your winnings w/o showdown is bad this month. It looks pretty normal given that you're having a losing stretch.Bull: I think your street by street betting should get smaller, but the leak you may or may not have is at least on the good side. For instance, the vast majority of players bet the flop WAY too much and the turn WAY too little. But that being said, you still should be firing more on the flop than on the river. (That's just my opinion though, everyone has their own style)Mark

ugh waking up early on weekends is garbage
At least you went to sleep.. I've been up for about 54 of the last 62 hours (3 of the hours "sleeping" I counted were on the plane and shitty sleep). I got Pizza Hut on the way though, so that's good!
For those of you that love Alicia Sacramone, she's dropping the ceremonial puck in today's hockey game between the Bruins and Rangers :club:
Yum :ts Mark

Question SuperBowl lovers:I've watched about 4 superbowls, and have travelled with a few Americans so I know a bit more than the average non north American but would it be a big deal if they played the Superbowl on a Saturday?Perhaps theres a tradition etc, just if it were on Saturday then all the Euros and the Irish would be able to watch it a lot easier. It starts at 1/2am over in Ireland, lasts for about 6 weeks, so its pretty difficult to watch it.The NFL are trying their best to globalise the sport and from what I've seen it could definitely work but the Superbowl is tough for anyone to watch who have normal jobs and obviously beer is needed for a 20 hour game.So to changing it to a Saturday would it be a "hell no!"/"I could get used to it I guess/I'd prefer it"?I would understand the "hell no" there are plenty of things in rugby that could be changed but I'd stick by them due to tradition.I guarantee if it where on a Saturday, Superbowl parties would go up 2000% in Ireland

Slapstick, I don't think people would 'care' per se, but its just always been on a Sunday, NFL games are mostly on Sundays so most people are just used to that.Mark

Slapstick, I don't think people would 'care' per se, but its just always been on a Sunday, NFL games are mostly on Sundays so most people are just used to that.Mark
how about if they played the first three quarters on saturday, then paused the game and finished it on sunday? that would give the players a chance to get more sponsorships, etc, some last minute coaching, and ESPN could really ramp up the advertising, build up the hype, make it an "event", like the final table of the WSOP ME. I bet that would increase the ratings bigtime.

Month:January2009.jpgFeel pretty good about it; this was my introduction to HU and whilst I feel I had some 'run good' moments, I dealt with the crap and the downswings and posted a nice result at 50NL. Goal for end of Feb is to have a big enough roll for 100NL HU.

Despite trying for four weeks (literally), I'm not getting the hands I played on my Mac. I'm guessing I actually made about $150 overall over about 10k hands, but can't be sure. Ah well. Poor volume was a result of exams, etc. so can't complain there.Anyways, nice latter half of the month, imo :club:January2009.png

how about if they played the first three quarters on saturday, then paused the game and finished it on sunday? that would give the players a chance to get more sponsorships, etc, some last minute coaching, and ESPN could really ramp up the advertising, build up the hype, make it an "event", like the final table of the WSOP ME. I bet that would increase the ratings bigtime.
:club::ts:4h

Well Im probably not playing tonight so my first full month of play (about 3k hands) Im down 2 buy-ins. I didnt put in much volume at all obv and I went from FR to 6m during this time. At mid month I was up 5BI but had a rough go at it in the end.Feb goal: At least 5k hands and 10bi. Is this too many bi for this amount of hands? My main goal is the 5k hands part but I want to put in a $ value also.

Well Im probably not playing tonight so my first full month of play (about 3k hands) Im down 2 buy-ins. I didnt put in much volume at all obv and I went from FR to 6m during this time. At mid month I was up 5BI but had a rough go at it in the end.Feb goal: At least 5k hands and 10bi. Is this too many bi for this amount of hands? My main goal is the 5k hands part but I want to put in a $ value also.
I think 2.5bi would be a solid winrate, 10bi is a bit lofty for 5k hands.
bets I have:king1305 and me ~ I have to reach 30k, he has to reach 45k hands. $100 on the linekhspoker21 and me ~ 30k hands of hu for me, 100k hands for khs. $300 on the lineSnamuh ~ 30k hands of HU on my side, 40k hands on his due to circumstances. $500 on the lineanyone else? If there's a case of mistrust, either party is allowed to ask for the database/hands to re-check.
just a bumpking and khs, how ru guys doing. Snamuh, I hope ur comp dies today