• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Villain has open shoved 2 out of first 3 hands at the table, this makes 3/4....we likey?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (3 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flopButton ($91.15)Hero (SB) ($104.55)BB ($46)Preflop: Hero is SB with 5spade.gif, Aspade.gifButton raises to $91.15 (All-In), Hero raises to $104.55 (All-In), 1 fold
What is your plan if he shoves?
Call and bink a J? Is this like before where if he calls we're in bad shape and the amount of times he folds doesnt make up for it?
Bumpity
I'm old and don't like change.
lol too easy
ty for this and also ty mike. I like this setup as it seems to be a bit of a mix of cascaded and tiled. I will try to figure something out along these lines. I will be interested to see what happens re your win rate. Why could you not just play 11 tables of 2/4? From what I have seen in the past few months the gap between 1/2 and 2/4 is pretty minimal. However I admittedly do game select far harder at 2/4, whereas at 1/2 I pretty much just sit down at any table and feel it's proftable because of all the lol regs. And there are some regs at 2/4 eg Nananoko who I am certain are way better than me, which isn't the case at 1/2.I guess the swings from 11-tabling 2/4 could be pretty violent.As an aside, have any of you played with "Dokosoko" or similar on Stars? Yesterday he was 15-tabling, with 11 table of 2/4, 2 tables of 5/10 and 1 each of 10/20 and 25/50. I have played with him a decent amount and can't figure him out.
I will probably at least 8 table 2/4 a fair bit. Yeah, the swings are rough. Last year was pretty stressful for me for a ton of reasons outside of poker and just didn't want to deal with the extra stress in poker. Jesse and I have talked quite a bit about those midstakes games and we think there isn't that big of a jump from 2/4 to 5/10 if you table select well. I haven't played with that guy but I think I saw him mentioned in the regs thread as to not being very good but I could wrong.
Bumpity
First one, meh. Just hard to put a full stack in when you never really have him crushed. I don't hate calling.2nd one, I don't think is bad mainly cause he is a 3 bet monkey. I just don't think you are going to show a big profit there, showing slightly more EV for much more variance.
shipples, how many hands u put in before u got a piece?
Roughly 60k. I'm probably even or stuck still on the bbj rake.
I will probably at least 8 table 2/4 a fair bit. Yeah, the swings are rough. Last year was pretty stressful for me for a ton of reasons outside of poker and just didn't want to deal with the extra stress in poker. Jesse and I have talked quite a bit about those midstakes games and we think there isn't that big of a jump from 2/4 to 5/10 if you table select well. I haven't played with that guy but I think I saw him mentioned in the regs thread as to not being very good but I could wrong.
meh fish are fish are fish.idk, i think there is a smaller player base at 5/10 than at 2/4 so you get a wider variety of regs good and bad. i think 5/10 regs are tougher/better than most 2/4 regs (in general), but then again, many 5/10 regs could prob be making just as much playing 2/4 and 3/6 given that the 5/10 game is a bit tougher.i don't play a ton of 6m, but that's my opinion from a smaller sample and just from noticing how many more 2/4 games run than 5/10 these days.prob isn't much of a change from 2/4 to 5/110 if you can table select well, just less availabilty to do that at 5/10, by a long shot.
First one, meh. Just hard to put a full stack in when you never really have him crushed. I don't hate calling.2nd one, I don't think is bad mainly cause he is a 3 bet monkey. I just don't think you are going to show a big profit there, showing slightly more EV for much more variance.
1st, Open shoving 3/4 hands and the only one he called was cuz i button raised, I was thinking im in decent shape here imo2nd, that was my main motivation
Roughly 60k. I'm probably even or stuck still on the bbj rake.
obv worth it with the games being so +ev
ty for this and also ty mike. I like this setup as it seems to be a bit of a mix of cascaded and tiled. I will try to figure something out along these lines. I will be interested to see what happens re your win rate. Why could you not just play 11 tables of 2/4? From what I have seen in the past few months the gap between 1/2 and 2/4 is pretty minimal. However I admittedly do game select far harder at 2/4, whereas at 1/2 I pretty much just sit down at any table and feel it's proftable because of all the lol regs. And there are some regs at 2/4 eg Nananoko who I am certain are way better than me, which isn't the case at 1/2.I guess the swings from 11-tabling 2/4 could be pretty violent.As an aside, have any of you played with "Dokosoko" or similar on Stars? Yesterday he was 15-tabling, with 11 table of 2/4, 2 tables of 5/10 and 1 each of 10/20 and 25/50. I have played with him a decent amount and can't figure him out.
IMO the jump from 1/2 to 2/4 is the biggest jump in skill other than from 5/10 to 10/20nl. I haven't really played a lot of 1/2nl but my perception of it is that there are very few decent thinking players and they're spread out amongst a TON of fish. At 2/4nl there are a bunch of good players, many that play any of the mid stakes limits (2/4 to 5/10nl) and the player pool is obviously smaller. I'm definitely not an expert on this so I won't argue it too much, but I can tell you that almost every solid mid stakes player I know considers the jump from 1/2nl to 2/4nl the biggest hurdle. If you can beat 2/4nl, you can beat 5/10nl if you table select decent. (imo)Mark

decided to play another session tonight after a lolday...In ~400 hands, I had KK<AA, set<set, flush<flush and am 0/2 on flips. (nevermind bluffing off a stack when villain rivered the nuts... whoops...)4 of those BIs are against a 28/24 action maniac too. Blech.

decided to play another session tonight after a lolday...In ~400 hands, I had KK<AA, set<set, flush<flush and am 0/2 on flips. (nevermind bluffing off a stack when villain rivered the nuts... whoops...)4 of those BIs are against a 28/24 action maniac too. Blech.
<3 plztobegoingbacktowinning :club:
<3 plztobegoingbacktowinning :club:
Thx.I won't post is because it is depressing, but my monthly graph looks just like Snamuhs (except that I started off way over EV, now I am running under EV).
1 more, standard? Villian is 18/13/2.1 w 3bet of 9 over 230handsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flopUTG ($20)MP ($127.55)CO ($100)Hero (Button) ($123)SB ($100.50)BB ($98.70)Preflop: Hero is Button with Kclub.gif, Qheart.gif3 folds, Hero raises to $3, SB raises to $12, 1 fold, Hero calls $9Flop: ($25) 9spade.gif, 3spade.gif, 10diamond.gif(2 players)SB bets $14, Hero raises to $44,
meh I don't like this much. I don't like the call preflop. I mean sure he 3-bets a lot but does he stack off with air often? I just feel like if you raise call with KQo on this board you are doing exactly what a competent three betting monkey wants you to do. At this point he has only invested $26, while you are going get $100 in very badly when called. Also I think he will call you with underpairs a fair bit given board texture (although I guess you are in decent shape with 10 outs v those hands). Whould he shove on you with AK?I dunno his smallish c-bet just makes this play less attractive. I would rather flat him with 109ss pre as that will tend to have better equity when you get it in. I mean I suppose you are stacking off on a K-hi or Q-hi board?My thoughts are muddled but in summary I would rather call him pre-flop with AA or suited connectors. While your play can't be too terrible it is -EV imo.
IMO the jump from 1/2 to 2/4 is the biggest jump in skill other than from 5/10 to 10/20nl. I haven't really played a lot of 1/2nl but my perception of it is that there are very few decent thinking players and they're spread out amongst a TON of fish. At 2/4nl there are a bunch of good players, many that play any of the mid stakes limits (2/4 to 5/10nl) and the player pool is obviously smaller. I'm definitely not an expert on this so I won't argue it too much, but I can tell you that almost every solid mid stakes player I know considers the jump from 1/2nl to 2/4nl the biggest hurdle. If you can beat 2/4nl, you can beat 5/10nl if you table select decent. (imo)Mark
I don't think this is as true as it used to be. As people started figuring out how to play more tables, more decent players that would be winners in 2/4 games started just staying at 1/2. Not just talking about myself. I think there are quite a few. When I play 2/4 it's a lot of the same players in those games and even in some of the higher games that I play with at 1/2. There is still a decent jump but I think the gap has narrowed some.
Thx.I won't post is because it is depressing, but my monthly graph looks just like Snamuhs (except that I started off way over EV, now I am running under EV).
wanna talk depressing month graphs? ok?!januaryqx5.jpg

Zimmer (1:30:17 AM): yokinger (1:38:07 AM): hiZimmer (1:38:49 AM): since I'm still on tempban, post in the challenge thread for me that I'm only $1200 short of posting in there againZimmer (1:39:23 AM): and that I'm actually starting to run better in 09

Also...ouch, cwik. I didn't realize getting opinions on an unusual line was grounds for having your intelligence insulted by one of the most civil posters on FCP :)Maybe this hand was just too villain-specific to be discussed in a vacuum. The stats aren't telling the whole story.
Sorry Ice, I wasn't trying to attack you personally. I just saw what looked like a pretty big fundamental error in the hand and thought it was important to point out. As it turns out you were not specifically talking about your river decision, but the line in general, which if villain specific I don't mind as much. It has been pretty well discussed to this point and I mostly agree with everything cubs, mark, and rdog said. Oh and Ray preemptively quoting me too.
How gross is it? :(And I've put in way more volume this month than normal. How I wish it was still the 12th, the day before my downswing, or the 10th, my last day at the theme parks when I was running and playing so well and coming home every night really happy. :club: