New Challenge (old Challenge)

And Cwik I don't think he probably took much time to call the river and I don't really think in the end his question was "do I call the river?" I think it was more of "how is my line?" and just posed the question incorrectly.
This is exactly right. Sorry about that...I should have just put in the river action to make it clear I wasn't debating whether to fold or call.Not used to posting HH for discussion, and apparently I suck at it.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Serious point for everyone: NEVER PUT A BET INTO A POT IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW YOU WILL REACT TO A RAISE.
This is one of the stickies I have up on my desk fwiw. One of the most important things in nlhe.Ice, as far as your line goes, I think its fine if you expect to be ahead on the river and plan on calling, Pretty standard way to get a guy to spaz out on you. But if you aren't comfortable with that, then don't take that line.Mark
I guess you just were looking for more general thoughts on your line. The only thing I really have to add about the hand itself is not to level yourself into thinking that you need to make multi-level thinking plays against opponents with a small sample size...just taking the best line most of the time will be +EV the most in the long run.Oh and if you call turn you may as well call river, and if you bet turn you may as well call turn...so yea. I think c/c all the way down just like in the hand you posted a bit ago would be a better line here, this way you can never fold out a hand you want to keep coming. Here you gave him a chance to fold...You may have got a little extra $$$ out of it but is that worth it in the long run?
I completely agree with all of this.Just to clarify, there is more history between us than just these 100 hands. I have my HUD to only display stats for a person relevant to the number of players sitting at the table (i.e. if we are 6 handed, it will only display stats for the villain when we were 5 or 6 handed). Maybe I need to change this and widen the range...I don't know. So I've actually played closer to 500 hands with this guy, the majority of which were 3 or 4 handed when it was me and him sitting with two donks.I realize I came across pretty scatter-brained when I was trying to explain my thought process.edit: also, the difference in lines between this hand and the earlier hand I posted is 100% due to the villains (I know I didn't post any stats for the other guy, but he was an enormous donk obviously). In the second hand, this guy thinks he is too good to simply let a hand go when he really needs to. He thinks he can outplay everyone post-flop, so rather than folding to a donk bet when he has air, he makes a play at it. That's why I took this line. I felt like I was getting max value this way. The other guy just clicked buttons so I was perfectly happy to let him go at it.

Does anyone know of any other free programs you can use to make videos besides camstudio? I guess there is one called Jing but it only lets you record 5 minutes. Basically a free program that allows like 30 minute vids that you can email.

Quick question for those who play 10+ tables.I have been 4-6 tabling $400NL on Stars for the past few months with good results. However I would like to add more tables, and plan to learn this at 1/2. I have 2 24' Dell monitors.How do you guys set up your tables? I find that when I tile 10+ tables I can't keep up with the action. When I cascade them I can, but I get a little disoriented. Where would I find those software additions that make multitabling easier?Also Rdog I seem to remember you saying that one reason you don't move up to 2/4 is that you wouldn't make any more money as you would only be able to 6 table. Why do you believe this to be the case?

Quick question for those who play 10+ tables.I have been 4-6 tabling $400NL on Stars for the past few months with good results. However I would like to add more tables, and plan to learn this at 1/2. I have 2 24' Dell monitors.How do you guys set up your tables? I find that when I tile 10+ tables I can't keep up with the action. When I cascade them I can, but I get a little disoriented. Where would I find those software additions that make multitabling easier?Also Rdog I seem to remember you saying that one reason you don't move up to 2/4 is that you wouldn't make any more money as you would only be able to 6 table. Why do you believe this to be the case?
I would suggest you start by putting up 10 tables and tile them to be as large as possible with little to no overlap. Then, close 4 of them and play 6 tables. Once you are comfortable with the new size and position add a table. Get adjusted then add a another, etc. In my experience it helps to get adjusted to the table positions and size first, then start adding one at a time.It also try having them overlap a bit. This causes the tables to "pop" to the front when you have action.
The 4 tables on the right are on my 24". The rest are on my 26". Usually there are 3 tables I'm not seeing the action on which is why I had asked a while back about adding a 3rd monitor. Just haven't done it yet. I tried cascading when I was 16 tabling during double FPP's but didn't like it.Ummmm......I think my winrate playing 11 tables of 1/2 is probably higher than 6 tables of 2/4 but I could be wrong. I'm probably going to play a lot more midstakes this year so we will find out. Layout.jpg
The 4 tables on the right are on my 24". The rest are on my 26". Usually there are 3 tables I'm not seeing the action on which is why I had asked a while back about adding a 3rd monitor. Just haven't done it yet. I tried cascading when I was 16 tabling during double FPP's but didn't like it.Ummmm......I think my winrate playing 11 tables of 1/2 is probably higher than 6 tables of 2/4 but I could be wrong. I'm probably going to play a lot more midstakes this year so we will find out. Layout.jpg
ty for this and also ty mike. I like this setup as it seems to be a bit of a mix of cascaded and tiled. I will try to figure something out along these lines. I will be interested to see what happens re your win rate. Why could you not just play 11 tables of 2/4? From what I have seen in the past few months the gap between 1/2 and 2/4 is pretty minimal. However I admittedly do game select far harder at 2/4, whereas at 1/2 I pretty much just sit down at any table and feel it's proftable because of all the lol regs. And there are some regs at 2/4 eg Nananoko who I am certain are way better than me, which isn't the case at 1/2.I guess the swings from 11-tabling 2/4 could be pretty violent.As an aside, have any of you played with "Dokosoko" or similar on Stars? Yesterday he was 15-tabling, with 11 table of 2/4, 2 tables of 5/10 and 1 each of 10/20 and 25/50. I have played with him a decent amount and can't figure him out.