• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Anyone have a recommendation on how to find a good accountant? I normally do them myself with Turbo Tax. But with the business and everything along with a couple other things, mine are going to be pretty complicated this year and I don't want to miss anything. I'm looking for someone that I can do all the legwork for by taking all my paperwork and condense it down to the things he needs (actually have already done this as I started to prepare to do them myself). Basically I don't want to have to go meet with someone for hours and if it can be done by email, scanning, faxing that would be awesome. I had already bought the programs but I started realizing how complicated it was going to be as I start to put in some initial info.
If you want I can put you in touch with the guy I am using this year. HoosierAlum referred me to him. He works with a lot of poker players and has wrote a bunch about gamboling tax laws. I am not sure about the business side. He is out of Irvine, CA, but we are basically doing everything over the phone/email.

Random post for all you video game geeks like me - I just bought LEGO Batman (awesome btw! :club: ), and I got it via Amazon from a company called GoGamer.com.For the brand new game, it only cost $29.99 from them, whereas it was $49.99 from most other places. So you might want to check them out for your next purchase (although it seems like they offer better deals through Amazon - maybe it is overstocked games or something, idk).

I was looking to make a small trade from Tilt to Stars. I have some money on Tilt that I would rather have on Stars, if you can do this let me know. BTW it's only for $35.93 that I got out of a stake the other night so let me know if you can help me out.
sick avatar, i used to play against him in basketball all the time when we were kids, nice guy.
Anyone have a recommendation on how to find a good accountant? I normally do them myself with Turbo Tax. But with the business and everything along with a couple other things, mine are going to be pretty complicated this year and I don't want to miss anything. I'm looking for someone that I can do all the legwork for by taking all my paperwork and condense it down to the things he needs (actually have already done this as I started to prepare to do them myself). Basically I don't want to have to go meet with someone for hours and if it can be done by email, scanning, faxing that would be awesome. I had already bought the programs but I started realizing how complicated it was going to be as I start to put in some initial info.
If you are operating the biz as a corporation you definitely need an accountant to do your returns imo. The only help I can offer is to suggest asking anyone/everyone that you know that owns a biz if they would recommend their accountant, and when you find a good one, stick with them.
A good accountant , like a good trusted mechanic, is worth every damn penny! Do not skimp, they can save you untold monies and headaches. My wife has a biz ('S' corp) and I am salaried and our taxes are very complicated to do without a pro.Talk to other successful biz owners, friends, get a recommendation and if they are good keep them forever.
lol poker...lol.jpg
TEACH MEEEeeee......errr.....oh. Sorry. Forget it.... :club:
Poker content - Bull, it's awesome seeing you do well @ 100nl. How've you turned your game around from the 40? BI's you dropped last year @50/25nl? - what's been the biggest change?
Tyty. I guess the biggest tangible change has been cbetting. My cbet% used to be 80+. Now, it's about 60. I think I was spewing tons of money cbetting poorly. Also, better value betting and improved hand reading skills from more experience. Biggest difference is definitely the cbetting though. That, and I ran about 20 buyins below ev during that stretch. :club:

talking about myself:i love losing 3 buy-ins to a total donk HU. srsly it's one of the most amazing/humbling/horrific poker experiences. this guy was totally god awful horrible and he wins 3 buy-ins off me. Had he played 'well' he easily woulda beaten me for at least 5 bi but thankfully I can still find a fold button.Anyways. I magically still profited on the session thanks to a big 3/6 deep pot. There was this donk on my direct right playing really really fishy. He kept beating people with the donkiest lines ever, it was really funny/annoying to watch. He'd basically limp/call any two and magically win just about every pot.so then this hand happens....immediately when he 3bet i was like, fk. he has Aces here just an absurd amount of the time. Yes, he was that bad. He never really three bet, and when he three bet to this amount I was just like lol. Oh yea, he also had the most amazing chat tells. It was like reading this thread and I'm just loling cause chat tricks rarely will work against someone who is a good player (especially when it's coming from a fish) which it was in this case.I almost wanted to fold pre but i thought i'd shoot myself if i did. I don't know what I would have done if the flop would of came T25 and he potted it. He was srsly so bad I think I could have folded but it would have been tough even so. Luckily for me I floop a set and obviously he flips the aces.http://www.holdemmanager.netNL Holdem $6(BB) Replayer Game#10157104920FavreNYJ4 ($346)StupidRick ($2,308)GIFT_4_YOU ($2,027)NxtWrldChamp ($1,590)nevermo ($1,200)pmilanov ($1,200)FavreNYJ4 posts (SB) $3StupidRick posts (BB) $6Dealt to GIFT_4_YOU Kh Kc GIFT_4_YOU raises to $18fold, fold, fold, FavreNYJ4 calls $15StupidRick raises to $294GIFT_4_YOU calls $276fold, FLOP ($606) 8h Td Ks StupidRick bets $606GIFT_4_YOU calls $606TURN ($1,818) 8h Td Ks Jd StupidRick bets $1,408GIFT_4_YOU calls $1,127RIVER ($4,072) 8h Td Ks Jd Th StupidRick shows Ah As (Flop 10.2%, Turn 13.6%)GIFT_4_YOU shows Kh Kc (Flop 89.8%, Turn 86.4%)GIFT_4_YOU wins $4,069anywho. still lost 3 bi to a total clown hu and that's always lol/lifetilt/humbling altogether.

[ ] Beat tenking this morningAfter shoving on me his first 6 hands, this was our 7th or so:Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (2 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flop | saw showdownNoSup4U (SB) ($400)Button ($104)Preflop: NoSup4U is SB with K :club:, 4 :3hButton raises to $12, NoSup4U raises to $400 (All-In), Button calls $92 (All-In)Flop: ($208) 8 :D, 7 :D, 7 :ts(2 players, 2 all-in)Turn: ($208) 9 :D(2 players, 2 all-in)River: ($208) Q :jh(2 players, 2 all-in)Total pot: $208 | Rake: $0.50Results:Button had 8 :4h, 9 :qh (two pair, nines and eights).NoSup4U had K :5c, 4 :D (one pair, sevens).Outcome: Button won $207.50He left right after of course :)Mark
I would be limp/folding hands like this against such a player.Hand 0: 52.327% 50.23% 02.10% 1053508976 44097636.50 { Kc4d }Hand 1: 47.673% 45.57% 02.10% 955868151 44097636.50 { random }I'd start calling around KJo+ or so I'd think.Is that smart or should I be calling with a smaller edge here?
Jordan, where the hell have you been & are you actually coming to LA in a couple of days?
game time decision now; school is trying to f me and put me on life tilt.currently that is working.i haven't logged on to aim for a while; no real reason, just haven't been on the cpu much, so when i have, been trying to get in hands.i wanna continue coaching mln_falcon but it been difficult being on opposite ends of the earth. but anywho, yea i been around, but generally not surfing the net/chatting on aim just cause when i've been online i've been trying to just play.- Jordan
talking about myself:i love losing 3 buy-ins to a total donk HU. srsly it's one of the most amazing/humbling/horrific poker experiences. this guy was totally god awful horrible and he wins 3 buy-ins off me. Had he played 'well' he easily woulda beaten me for at least 5 bi but thankfully I can still find a fold button.Anyways. I magically still profited on the session thanks to a big 3/6 deep pot. There was this donk on my direct right playing really really fishy. He kept beating people with the donkiest lines ever, it was really funny/annoying to watch. He'd basically limp/call any two and magically win just about every pot.so then this hand happens....immediately when he 3bet i was like, fk. he has Aces here just an absurd amount of the time. Yes, he was that bad. He never really three bet, and when he three bet to this amount I was just like lol. Oh yea, he also had the most amazing chat tells. It was like reading this thread and I'm just loling cause chat tricks rarely will work against someone who is a good player (especially when it's coming from a fish) which it was in this case.I almost wanted to fold pre but i thought i'd shoot myself if i did. I don't know what I would have done if the flop would of came T25 and he potted it. He was srsly so bad I think I could have folded but it would have been tough even so. Luckily for me I floop a set and obviously he flips the aces.http://www.holdemmanager.netNL Holdem $6(BB) Replayer Game#10157104920FavreNYJ4 ($346)StupidRick ($2,308)GIFT_4_YOU ($2,027)NxtWrldChamp ($1,590)nevermo ($1,200)pmilanov ($1,200)FavreNYJ4 posts (SB) $3StupidRick posts (BB) $6Dealt to GIFT_4_YOU Kh Kc GIFT_4_YOU raises to $18fold, fold, fold, FavreNYJ4 calls $15StupidRick raises to $294GIFT_4_YOU calls $276fold, FLOP ($606) 8h Td Ks StupidRick bets $606GIFT_4_YOU calls $606TURN ($1,818) 8h Td Ks Jd StupidRick bets $1,408GIFT_4_YOU calls $1,127RIVER ($4,072) 8h Td Ks Jd Th StupidRick shows Ah As (Flop 10.2%, Turn 13.6%)GIFT_4_YOU shows Kh Kc (Flop 89.8%, Turn 86.4%)GIFT_4_YOU wins $4,069anywho. still lost 3 bi to a total clown hu and that's always lol/lifetilt/humbling altogether.
Jordan, where the hell have you been & are you actually coming to LA in a couple of days?
skimping out on my coaching

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG ($154.25)Hero (MP) ($173)Button ($65.95)SB ($102)BB ($100)Preflop: Hero is MP with Qclub.gif, Qdiamond.gif1 fold, Hero raises to $3, 1 fold, SB raises to $13, 1 fold, Hero raises to $33, SB raises to $102 (All-In), Hero calls $69Flop: ($205) 6heart.gif, Kdiamond.gif, 8club.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Turn: ($205) 5club.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($205) 7diamond.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $205 | Rake: $2Results:SB had Kclub.gif, 9club.gif (straight, nine high).Hero mucked Qclub.gif, Qdiamond.gif (one pair, Queens).Outcome: SB won $203Very next hand unconverted unconverted for chatPokerStars Game #24109096762: Hold'em No Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2009/01/20 20:00:42 ETTable 'Polyxo III' 6-max Seat #4 is the buttonSeat 1: Horrrrrrny ($154.25 in chips) Seat 2: tb17 ($100 in chips) Seat 3: buckstars ($65.95 in chips) Seat 4: Topshelf21 ($203 in chips) Seat 6: BCingyou ($100 in chips) BCingyou: posts small blind $0.50Horrrrrrny: posts big blind $1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to tb17 [Ac 3c]Topshelf21 said, "ups"tb17: raises $3 to $4buckstars: folds Topshelf21: calls $4BCingyou: folds Horrrrrrny: folds *** FLOP *** [8h Jc 3s]tb17: checks Topshelf21: bets $6tb17: calls $6*** TURN *** [8h Jc 3s] [4c]tb17: checks Topshelf21: bets $17tb17: calls $17*** RIVER *** [8h Jc 3s 4c] [9c]tb17: bets $73 and is all-inTopshelf21: calls $73*** SHOW DOWN ***tb17: shows [Ac 3c] (a flush, Ace high)Topshelf21: mucks hand tb17 collected $199.50 from pottb17 said, "ups"Seat 4: Topshelf21 (button) mucked [Js Jh]

I would be limp/folding hands like this against such a player.Hand 0: 52.327% 50.23% 02.10% 1053508976 44097636.50 { Kc4d }Hand 1: 47.673% 45.57% 02.10% 955868151 44097636.50 { random }I'd start calling around KJo+ or so I'd think.Is that smart or should I be calling with a smaller edge here?
Well, this is tenking, so he's a little different than your normal shoves a lot fish. Tenking literally shoves EVERY hand. So I mean, K high is generally going to be good there. Obv K4o isn't what I'm looking to get in vs him, but if I put money in the pot and he ships it, I'm snap calling for 20bbs.Mark
Well, this is tenking, so he's a little different than your normal shoves a lot fish. Tenking literally shoves EVERY hand. So I mean, K high is generally going to be good there. Obv K4o isn't what I'm looking to get in vs him, but if I put money in the pot and he ships it, I'm snap calling for 20bbs.Mark
That's the thing...if he ships every hand, why not wait for a better spot? Yeah it's anti-everyting you are taught in a cash game, but against this opponent, if you know he'll keep shoving, just limp/fold until you have a hand with more equity than 52%.
That's the thing...if he ships every hand, why not wait for a better spot? Yeah it's anti-everyting you are taught in a cash game, but against this opponent, if you know he'll keep shoving, just limp/fold until you have a hand with more equity than 52%.
gamble gamble imo :)Mark
Do any other HU people have a thought on that hand? If my thought process is wrong I'd like to know why.
I think it depends on whether his strat changes radically if he doubles, or if he leaves if he doubles. If he doubles and stays when winning, and re loads and keeps shoving if losing I call. If he hit and runs often I fold.
Do any other HU people have a thought on that hand? If my thought process is wrong I'd like to know why.
I actually agree with you. Marks line is def +EV, but not the best line imo. He is def. ahead of tenking's range, but tenking also has a habit of hit and running anytime he wins a pot. So waiting for a better spot, that is sure to come in a very short period, can probably yield a higher EV with lower variance.If tenking was sure to stick around after he double, I like marks play. But I relate this more to MTT where your 'tourney life' has value.

Pretty ****ed up month I'm having :(Ran 4 buyins under EV today. Here's my month. Was on pace for my best month ever and this past week wiped it out entirely. Those 2 monstrous spikes are 5/10, the rest is almost entirely 2/4. Officially worst downswing of my life. Every day just gets progressively worse.Jan1-20.jpgThe fact that my all-in EV is as expected just pisses me off further.

I DON'T BELIEVE YOU$0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem5 playersConverted at weaktight.comStacks:UTG ($182.60)CO ($160.85)BTN ($113.10)SB ($200.00)Hero (BB) ($161.45)Pre-flop: ($1.50, 5 players) Hero is BB :D:tsUTG raises to $3, 3 folds, Hero raises to $15, UTG calls $12Flop: :5c:D:3h ($30.50, 2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $15, Hero calls $15Turn: :jh ($60.50, 2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $32, Hero calls $32River: :qh ($124.50, 2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $70, Hero calls $70Final Pot: $264.50Hero shows: :D:4h UTG shows: :club::D Hero wins $261.50 ( won +$129.50 ) UTG lost -$132

Pretty ****ed up month I'm having :(Ran 4 buyins under EV today. Here's my month. Was on pace for my best month ever and this past week wiped it out entirely. Those 2 monstrous spikes are 5/10, the rest is almost entirely 2/4. Officially worst downswing of my life. Every day just gets progressively worse.The fact that my all-in EV is as expected just pisses me off further.
gross.
Can I get a food update from Tre and Matt plzkthx?
If you were a better lobbyist you woulda got a wingstop exemption drawn out in their original deal. Woulda been money.