New Challenge (old Challenge)

Wow very nice call!! I probably would have pitched it once that river hit... What tipped you off?
yeah i was just talking to giggidy about how ace high hands get there a lot. however, me and this particular reg have some history and i think he's three betting a ton of hands in position here which rules out certain a high hands. i think itd be weird for him to be raising kj type hands on this flop (i think hes 3betting kq a lot) and he's never good enough to shove on the river for value with a pair of kings. additionally on the river, he instashoved which led me to believe i was good. i could be wrong on some of these assumptions though.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

hi
hi, i just got back to gville, ill be around after i run out in a minedit: alberto, after reading ur response and not thinking it thru but just my initial response, is thats a great thought process
Nothin wrong with it, however be careful cause youll get called by PPs a lot there and Checkraised a fair amount too. But with your hand having no showdown value betting is good imo
I dont see many PPs double barreling that board
i made 800 today but lost 2300 to a reg...I don't know how I should feel
[x] enlightened[ ] fermented[x] gallant[ ] impervious[ ] smitten[ ] thirsty[x] naughty
edit: alberto, after reading ur response and not thinking it thru but just my initial response, is thats a great thought process
Agree. Very nice hand Alberto
I dont see many PPs double barreling that board
Definitly right
No idea if this is the right play or not. Never did stuff like this at <50NL. Seemed like the right thing to do here though. Villain is 10/8 over 61 hands. Feel free to rip it apart.Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterHero (BTN): $124.35SB: $97.40BB: $100.00UTG: $98.50MP: $100.00CO: $145.60Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN with 9 :club: T :ts1 fold, MP raises to $3.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $3.50, 2 foldsFlop: ($8.50) K :3h 5 :4h 2 :5c(2 players)MP bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50Turn: ($19.50) 3 :qh(2 players)MP bets $13, Hero calls $13River: ($45.50) K :D(2 players)MP checks, Hero bets $30, MP foldsFinal Pot: $45.50Hero wins $43.25(Rake: $2.25)
I don't like this line, because I take the villain's approach with and king and high PPs with some bluffs mixed in. I am checking the river to induce, and your bet is only folding out my bluffs. Your line just screams missed FD.
If anybody cares, I just picked up season 4 of LOST, and am watching it in the next day or so before season 5 starts Wednesday!
LOST marathons are so 4 months ago.But yes everyone should watch it.
I don't like this line, because I take the villain's approach with and king and high PPs with some bluffs mixed in. I am checking the river to induce, and your bet is only folding out my bluffs. Your line just screams missed FD.
Why can't it also scream weak KJs, KTs, etc. It's multi orgasmic.
I think it's OK. When villian double barrels that board then checks the river, I think his range is really narrow. I don't think he's double barrelling any PPs other than AA and sets. And I really don't see why he would check a K or a boat on the river because your line looks like a PP / weak one pair hand to me (a5 suited if you call pre with that, suited conectors, etc). And in his mind the board pairing on the river increases the chances that you will call a bet with your PP / weak one pair hand. So unless you have a very aggro image, or he is very trappy / tricky, I can only really see him check calling with exactly AA. I suppose he could have turned his own weak one pair hand into a bluff on the turn, then call your river bet because ZOMG the board paired how could you have a K. But overall I think your bluff will turn a profit.Edit: This is based on an assumption that ppl play draws fast on the flop in these games - if this is not true then he will be bluff catching more often but not often enough imo for the bet to be unprofitable.
HoodieTown offers the following Returns Policy: If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we offer a 7 dayreturn policy on items still in original condition. Packages must arrive atour office within 7 days from the time you received your order. After 7 days,we will allow an exchange only. Return postage will be paid for by sender.HoodieTown does not refund used items, however, we dovalue our customersand we want our customers to be happy with our products. If you have acomplaint with one of our items, please let us know.
[x] interwebz typo. :club:
graph
graph
Nice graphs guys
How hot are the women at said D-3 school? This will factor into my decision greatly...
Heh
I would not raise with KJ on the turn. It would be like turning your hand into a bluff, especially vs a nitty villain. I'd rather keep the pot small with my one pair weakish kicker hand. I'd also fold PF.
Even a nit is barrelling that flop enough that I think youre getting plenty the right price in that spotI dont think there is much value in raising KJ there too much showdown value and if a 10/8 fires the river its a pretty easy fold for us. As a matter of fact Id be more likely to raise Bulls hand on the turn then KJ.
It is the cutest thing when you two agree
Its a project manager position for a much much larger company then I work for right now. They are a disaster services company.http://www.braunconstruction.com/ It will most likely involve a lot of traveling intially but it is an awesome opportunity for me. They will train me on, amongest other things, an estimating program called exactamate which is used industry wide for insurance restoration work and will allow me to be qualified for multiple positions within this field. It will also finally get me completely out of the labor end of my career which as I get older becomes more and more important.
Congrats bud
Agree. Very nice hand AlbertoDefinitly right
Don't start to pretend like you're a nice guy now or something and start complimenting people since you called someone else out...we all see right through that
Why can't it also scream weak KJs, KTs, etc. It's multi orgasmic.
For honest feedback you should post this without revealing either your hand or your last action to ensure no one is being results oriented (plus it often leads to good discussion...and by often I mean more than 50% of the time)
For honest feedback you should post this without revealing either your hand or your last action to ensure no one is being results oriented (plus it often leads to good discussion...and by often I mean more than 50% of the time)
LOLOOOLOOOLOLOL POTD
Didn't think about not revealing my hand. That would have been good. And I rarely often post results.