• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

If you were a high school basketball player, would you rather head to a top 25 Division I college basketball team as a walk-on and sit the bench, or be a starter on a Division III team?

If you were a high school basketball player, would you rather head to a top 25 Division I college basketball team as a walk-on and sit the bench, or be a starter on a Division III team?
I don't think it's a fair question. It's really hard to walk on to DI schools, if you were sure you could make the team, I don't think it's really close. Go play for a top 25 team, with top 25 coaches, work your butt off and become a respected heady player, and one day coach. A lot more opportunities there, not to mention travelling the country, playing with sick guys, and possibly playing yourself into the rotation. D3 ball is like high school ball, except you get even less exposure.Edit: Most players I know that could walk on at top DI schools, had full rides offered to them by lesser DI schools though.
I don't think it's a fair question. It's really hard to walk on to DI schools, if you were sure you could make the team, I don't think it's really close. Go play for a top 25 team, with top 25 coaches, work your butt off and become a respected heady player, and one day coach. A lot more opportunities there, not to mention travelling the country, playing with sick guys, and possibly playing yourself into the rotation. D3 ball is like high school ball, except you get even less exposure.
You never crack the rotation. You play no more than 20mins in your four-year career, all in mop up duty vs the D-2 teams you play to pad your record.So if u had to, day in and day out, have Tyler Hansborough put his nuts on ur face in practice, ud take that over scoring 1k+pts playing d3?

A TALE OF TWO DAYSIf at 1st you don't succeed... boo.jpgThen sleep, wake up, and fuck poker in its ass...1-19morn.jpgIf it wasn't for aces getting cracked at the very end in an LOLhand, I'da had an even bigger day so far. <3 25nl!

A TALE OF TWO DAYSIf at 1st you don't succeed... boo.jpgThen sleep, wake up, and fuck poker in its ass...1-19morn.jpgIf it wasn't for aces getting cracked at the very end in an LOLhand, I'da had an even bigger day so far. <3 25nl!
That's ridiculous!
Sorry I didn't realize they were hypotheticals. But yeah, I'd rather play for NC than be the best player for my D3 team.
What if it's not UNC, what if it's Villanova or somethin? And you still only get 20mins in your entire career. Or you could start four years and score 1-2k pts at D-3 and pretty much own the school.
What if it's not UNC, what if it's Villanova or somethin? And you still only get 20mins in your entire career. Or you could start four years and score 1-2k pts at D-3 and pretty much own the school.
I think I'd rather live to tell tales of me playing for a top 25 school than having a good career at a D3 school. I'm not going to play professionally anyways since I am not good enough to start on said top25 team so I live for the experience.
I think I'd rather live to tell tales of me playing for a top 25 school than having a good career at a D3 school. I'm not going to play professionally anyways since I am not good enough to start on said top25 team so I live for the experience.
Just because you're not going to the NBA as a lottery pick doesn't mean you're going to not play professionally. There are tons and tons of leagues all over Europe.
Playing poker today for the first time in over a week.
Sigh, forgot my disaster HU day. Playing in my normal games for the first time in over a week.
Just because you're not going to the NBA as a lottery pick doesn't mean you're going to not play professionally. There are tons and tons of leagues all over Europe.
And Asia....but that is besides the point. Look at Ben Woodside on NDSU. We are a D1 program and he is 6th in nation in D1 for scoring and 5th in assists. He has no legit shot to play NBA ball. He is too small to make it, pretty much. The point is, if someone with those kind of stats from a D1 school can't make NBA, how can someone from a D3 school?And I need to add, that if he has potential professional talent of any sort, he would end up being a starter at probably 23 of the 25 top25 school on an average year, so the decision should still be to go to the bigger school.If he is looking back on his two potential pasts and sees 20 min of playing time at top25 school and career leader at D3 school, then he should realize that if he isn't good enough to start on a D1 team, then he likely isn't good enough to play professionally, and he just fit in to a good system vs weaker opponents at a D3 school.
Don't do it.
Already done :club:. Going to the movies and then watching basketball the rest of the day.Definitely setting my record this month for least amount of hands played and it won't be close.
I don't think it's a fair question. It's really hard to walk on to DI schools, if you were sure you could make the team, I don't think it's really close. Go play for a top 25 team, with top 25 coaches, work your butt off and become a respected heady player, and one day coach. A lot more opportunities there, not to mention travelling the country, playing with sick guys, and possibly playing yourself into the rotation. D3 ball is like high school ball, except you get even less exposure.Edit: Most players I know that could walk on at top DI schools, had full rides offered to them by lesser DI schools though.
re: this exact hypothetical and since we're talking about UNC ( :club: ), a guard by the name of Wes Miller had the exact same choice. He actually chose to play on scholly at a Division 1-AA school, James Madison, for his freshman year but transferred to UNC to walk on to the basketball team. He won a national championship in 2005, however he pretty much got no run because we were pretty stacked at the time. Here's where the story gets pretty good. The next year, after the mass exodus of 4 first rounders, Wes Miller started at shooting guard for us. Illustrating another one of tskillz's points, he's now an assistant coach at Elon, a D-1 school in North Carolina. Roy Williams was also a member of the UNC JV team, which is pretty much a feeder to the varsity team.