• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Seriously, this is retarded. This thread is like General today.
This thread is in general.
Uh.......Pretty sure we are never going to agree on sets and bluffs on a board like this. I just don't really get the thought process that you think it is a great board to bluff AND to raise sets on. Doesn't really make sense. Cause there are so many cookie cutter Villains out there, you certainly have a default line. Another thing to keep in mind is you are giving advice for a hand at 100 NL.Having said that, raising an OESD on this board I can't understand why it would ever be good. What does raising accomplish that flatting doesn't? You are still going to have a chance to take away the hand when he has air, while at the same time giving yourself extra cards when he has a big hand. We basically are guaranteed to get the money in bad when we are crushed and fold out everything we probably could have taken the hand away from anyway.
I don't get this. What about a 246ss board. I feel like raising 109dd is the most profitable play a lot of the time because most villains have a hard time continuing as they know there is a wide range of hands that you are going to be willing to felt on that board. You can also exert a lot of pressure on them depending on how the board runs out. Raising As5s is pretty standard given your equity in the pot and fe.And raising 44 on this board is usually the most profitable line imo because you get it in against an overpair and draws (and balancing obv but we can ignore that for now), and there are a lot of turn cards that kill your action. So I think 246ss is a great board to bluff and to raise sets on. I don't get why this is illogical. I raise with air to profit from the air part of his range. I raise with a set to maximise profit from the part of his range that contains made hands. While I think he will fold more often than he will continue (which makes raising air profitable), this obv does not mean that flatting with a set is optimal.Are your standard lines different from mine on this hypothetical board? And do you think my lines are fundamentally flawed?
I don't get this. What about a 246ss board. I feel like raising 109dd is the most profitable play a lot of the time because most villains have a hard time continuing as they know there is a wide range of hands that you are going to be willing to felt on that board. You can also exert a lot of pressure on them depending on how the board runs out. Raising As5s is pretty standard given your equity in the pot and fe.And raising 44 on this board is usually the most profitable line imo because you get it in against an overpair and draws (and balancing obv but we can ignore that for now), and there are a lot of turn cards that kill your action. So I think 246ss is a great board to bluff and to raise sets on. I don't get why this is illogical. I raise with air to profit from the air part of his range. I raise with a set to maximise profit from the part of his range that contains made hands. While I think he will fold more often than he will continue (which makes raising air profitable), this obv does not mean that flatting with a set is optimal.Are your standard lines different from mine on this hypothetical board? And do you think my lines are fundamentally flawed?
You can't take my statement when talking about a really dry board and compare it to a really drawy board. Of course they are boards that bluffing and raising sets is going to be profitable. Hypothetically any board is going to be bluffable. There are definitely going to be better boards to bluff with T9dd than 246ss just because it widens the range that Villain is continuing with. My main premise was that if you think someone is going to have air a large majority of the time on a certain board and won't continue with much of it, why would you raise really strong hands? Snamuh thinks he gets people to put more money in with worse hands that way, in general I disagree and that's fine. I can at least see the merits. Pretty much the only thing I can't see the merits of is raising a decent draw like OESD.

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 8 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterBB: $5.20 (38/28/2)UTG: $24.30UTG+1: $5.75MP1: $2.20Hero (MP2): $10.00CO: $4.95BTN: $11.50SB: $18.90Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP2 with A :qh A :D3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20Flop: ($0.95) J :4h A :club: 4 :5c(3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, CO folds, BB calls $0.40Turn: ($1.75) K :ts(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $1.10, BB calls $1.10River: ($3.95) Q :3h(2 players)BB checks, Hero ???What do we do here? Villian has approx a PSB behind.

lol @ there not being a flag on that play
maybe if the ball didnt hit his hands, it still shoulda been PI, but that was still catchable
You can't take my statement when talking about a really dry board and compare it to a really drawy board. Of course they are boards that bluffing and raising sets is going to be profitable. Hypothetically any board is going to be bluffable. There are definitely going to be better boards to bluff with T9dd than 246ss just because it widens the range that Villain is continuing with. My main premise was that if you think someone is going to have air a large majority of the time on a certain board and won't continue with much of it, why would you raise really strong hands? Snamuh thinks he gets people to put more money in with worse hands that way, in general I disagree and that's fine. I can at least see the merits. Pretty much the only thing I can't see the merits of is raising a decent draw like OESD.
Ah OK I misintepreted your earlier post and didn't realise you were referring specifically to the dry board in question. The arguments I made for raising draws and air do not apply to dry boards, and I agree with you.Especially re the OESD. As someone mentioned earlier, flatting with it and then hitting the draw will make you a lot of money because it will be disguised. For the same reason, it is not a good hand to semibluff with because it is not a super obvious draw, so villain will be more likely to put you on air than on a hand you are willing to felt. And your equity sux when you get it in. I prefer flatting OESDs in a lot of situations for these reasons, and the situation in the OP is certainly one of them.

I'm sorry to interupt the drama/slurping of Kurt Warner, but going with reads is -EVFull Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterUTG: $50.50CO: $110.30Hero (BTN): $51.75SB: $48.00BB: $60.50Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with Q :ts Q :D1 fold, CO raises to $1.75, Hero raises to $6, 2 folds, CO raises to $18.75, Hero calls $12.75Flop: ($38.25) J :D K :qh 7 :4h(2 players)CO bets $5, Hero calls $5Turn: ($48.25) 6 :D(2 players)CO bets $86.55 all in, Hero calls $28 all inRiver: ($104.25) J :club:(2 players - 2 are all in)Final Pot: $104.25CO shows A :D J :5c (three of a kind, Jacks)Hero shows Q :3h Q :jh (two pair, Queens and Jacks)CO wins $101.25(Rake: $3.00)

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 8 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterBB: $5.20 (38/28/2)UTG: $24.30UTG+1: $5.75MP1: $2.20Hero (MP2): $10.00CO: $4.95BTN: $11.50SB: $18.90Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP2 with A :qh A :D3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20Flop: ($0.95) J :4h A :club: 4 :5c(3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, CO folds, BB calls $0.40Turn: ($1.75) K :ts(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $1.10, BB calls $1.10River: ($3.95) Q :3h(2 players)BB checks, Hero ???What do we do here? Villian has approx a PSB behind.
Put him all in AINEC. Bet closer to pot on the flop and turn and the river is even more of a no brainer.
Wow, I'm amazed the Cards are going to be in the Super Bowl. Kurt Warner probably just made himself a Hall of Famer.
If Jim Kelley can be a HOFer, then I'd say Warner is a lock.
Bet more on the flop and turn. As played I still put him in, 2 pair is a big part of his range
What do we do here? Villian has approx a PSB behind.
You've not provided any form of reads, but for the love of god, bet more on the flop and turn+1 to Cwiks comment :club:
Was pretty suprised by this. D'you overbet much then?Please, no 'often' in the reply :club:
I think its a good spot to. Once you put in like .75, .80 on the flop, it isn't that huge of an overbet. The worst thing here is not getting his money on the turn when he has pair + straight/flush draws a lot and letting him fold the river.