New Challenge (old Challenge)

So I went for a 1/4ish pot bet. I was folding to a shove because I think he almost always has a hand with at least a little showdown value, and can't see him turning anything into a bluff.
I think you need to be very careful about putting out an inducing bet, then when it induces, folding. There is a reason that we routinely use small bets to manipulate Villains and its because it makes them spazz out.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Villain is bagclip2005, 20/17/4.1 over 450 hands...PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG ($146.60)MP ($25.10)Button ($149.90)Hero (SB) ($207.85)BB ($161.35)Preflop: Hero is SB with :4h, :ts1 fold, MP raises to $5, Button raises to $17, Hero raises to $40, 2 folds, Button calls $23Flop: ($86) :3h, :qh, :5c(2 players)Hero checks, Button checksTurn: ($86) :club:(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $46 Heroooooooooooo?
I would probably lead/call it off on the turn. If he calls I would shove the river regardless. Also I'd raise a little more with your 4bet, and I don't generally make it 5Xbb pf but whatever
who is jordypop?lol. i dont think ill be playing. prob a game time decision
You are newb.Mark
Bah, lifetilt - i just went thru clicking the quote button for everyone who said the were in the HU matches thinking when I hit reply it'd have all their names, but it didn't workList off the top of my head - quote this add your name if I missed you off, or u wanna join in.I dunno how the LHE ppl did it, but i was planning to put out who's drawn against who, then you pm or w/e to sort a time when you can both playGonna do it on Tilt, as Merby can't do Stars and I don't have an account either, it's only cheap anysways for the $2 SnG's
Sign me up!
I would probably lead/call it off on the turn. If he calls I would shove the river regardless. Also I'd raise a little more with your 4bet, and I don't generally make it 5Xbb pf but whateverMark
Not sure if you realized but he cold 4bet and the initial raise was not him. That said, I still raise it slightly bigger. I don't shove river after betting turn. I probably ship now and hope he levels himself into folding QQ but I would have led the turn for 50ish.

Sorry - just a very quick line check.Is this standard, including the PFR?Absolute PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.255 playersConverterSeat 1 - BTN ($30.27 in chips)Seat 2 - SB ($10.75 in chips)Seat 3 - BB ($9.25 in chips)____ 50/0/0 over 8Seat 5 - UTG+1 ($9 in chips)Seat 6 - CO ($5.56 in chips)_____44/11/1.1 over 150 (donkbet 27%)Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with :ts:club: UTG calls, CO calls, Hero raises to $1.35, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds, CO calls.Flop: :4h:5c:3h ($4.4, 3 players)BB checks, CO bets $0.25, Hero raises to $9.75 (to put the other 2 players All-In)

I wouldn't raise PF with the CO so short, and I would just raise the flop to some standard amount.

LOL. Acid Knight is the best friend ever. He handed a huge fish 300bbs deep off to me HU at about hand 400 :club:day4487929jk4.jpgMark

Didn't even want to be at this table anymore, the fish had just left and it posted my blind before I could unclick autopost..Villain is a 16/14 regFull Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 4 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterHero (SB): $50.00BB: $43.95CO: $53.00BTN: $50.00Pre Flop: ($0.50) Hero is SB with T :4h T :3h2 folds, BTN raises to $2, Hero raises to $6.25, BTN calls $4.25Flop: ($12.50) 3 :qh Q :5c 6 :ts(2 players)Hero bets $7.75, BTN calls $7.75Turn: ($28.00) 2 :club:(2 players)Hero ?????

17/13/8 reg with a 13% 3b...are we okay with my line?Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterBB: $39.00Hero (UTG): $54.80CO: $50.00BTN: $67.30SB: $19.30Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG with J :club: J :3hHero raises to $1.75, CO raises to $6, 3 folds, Hero calls $4.25Flop: ($12.75) 5 :qh Q :D 3 :4h(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $8, Hero calls $8Turn: ($28.75) 5 :5c(2 players)Hero checks, CO checksRiver: ($28.75) K :ts(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $14, Hero calls $14

Gonna do it on Tilt, as Merby can't do Stars and I don't have an account either, it's only cheap anysways for the $2 SnG's
If you do it in the play money area I dont see how this is an issue unless you particularly want the blinds to increase every x minutes.
Who's gonna do the seeding for the HU thing?
Looks like I am gonna have quite a bit of free time on my hands today :club:, so I can do this. Just don't want to step on Giggidy's toes if he is working on something. Just want to get the matchups out so people can get started.
If you do it in the play money area I dont see how this is an issue unless you particularly want the blinds to increase every x minutes.
Does play money have HU tables? I can't get any tables to come up in play money even when I think I have everything checked correctly in the filter.
Looks like I am gonna have quite a bit of free time on my hands today :club:, so I can do this. Just don't want to step on Giggidy's toes if he is working on something. Just want to get the matchups out so people can get started.
Your thoughts on the two hands I posted?

Sean, im having trouble with spots like the first hand also, i dont know how much you're ahead of here and bet/folding c/c and c/f all suck. What was villians ATS?Second hand im folding, his #s are crazy but given flop/turn action it looks like he lucked out w/ AK or even something retarded like KT. It sucks b/c we only have to be right 1/4 the time on the river to breakeven but I feel like this is a spot where im losing $$ constantly. I don't think he turns a hand like 88 into a bluff often here and if he does he doesn't just bet 1/2 pot.

Does play money have HU tables? I can't get any tables to come up in play money even when I think I have everything checked correctly in the filter.
under options in the lobby make sure you have "show play money tables" checked
Didn't even want to be at this table anymore, the fish had just left and it posted my blind before I could unclick autopost..Villain is a 16/14 regFull Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 4 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterHero (SB): $50.00BB: $43.95CO: $53.00BTN: $50.00Pre Flop: ($0.50) Hero is SB with T :4h T :3h2 folds, BTN raises to $2, Hero raises to $6.25, BTN calls $4.25Flop: ($12.50) 3 :qh Q :5c 6 :ts(2 players)Hero bets $7.75, BTN calls $7.75Turn: ($28.00) 2 :club:(2 players)Hero ?????
C/F probably
under options in the lobby make sure you have "show play money tables" checked
Ah. Yeah, those structures suck, you only start with 50 BB's.
C/F probably
yep, that's what I figured was best. I need to use that line more. We aren't beating much, if anything on this turn.If he checks behind we do what on a blank river? c/c?
17/13/8 reg with a 13% 3b...are we okay with my line?Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterBB: $39.00Hero (UTG): $54.80CO: $50.00BTN: $67.30SB: $19.30Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG with J :club: J :3hHero raises to $1.75, CO raises to $6, 3 folds, Hero calls $4.25Flop: ($12.75) 5 :qh Q :D 3 :4h(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $8, Hero calls $8Turn: ($28.75) 5 :5c(2 players)Hero checks, CO checksRiver: ($28.75) K :ts(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $14, Hero calls $14
Line looks fine against this Villain.