• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Hmm. I pretty much hate my line. Though I'm not sure what would be better. As soon as I check/raised the turn I though "oh crap he can't call with worse" but then again .....Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterBTN: $279.00SB: $450.75BB: $200.00Hero (UTG): $204.00MP: $274.00CO: $228.00Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is UTG with A :ts T :DHero raises to $7, 2 folds, BTN calls $7, 2 foldsFlop: ($17.00) 2 :qh T :club: 8 :D(2 players)Hero bets $14, BTN calls $14Turn: ($45.00) T :D(2 players)Hero checks, BTN bets $34, Hero raises to $102, BTN raises to $170, Hero raises to $183 all in, BTN calls $13River: ($411.00) 7 :4h(2 players - 1 is all in)Final Pot: $411.00BTN shows 8 :D 9 :3h (two pair, Tens and Eights)Hero shows A :5c T :qh (three of a kind, Tens)Hero wins $408.00(Rake: $3.00)
Looks fine to me.
Hmm. I pretty much hate my line. Though I'm not sure what would be better. As soon as I check/raised the turn I though "oh crap he can't call with worse" but then again .....(Rake: $3.00)
I'd reccomend not posting the results on hands that you are checking your line on to make sure you get more (and more unbiased) opinions. In this hand I'd stop the hand after flop and ask if you should lead turn...so...Kurt, RDog, others, do you not like leading the turn better, and if this is a "I missed flop, you called cont bet, I give up" sort of check, that will quickly be dissuaded when the check raise comes in. Thoughts?

You're right but I was posting both for commentary and a lol at my opponent factor.My thoughts were pretty much what you pointed out. When I check the turn it's to rep a c-bet w/air that's giving up. So villain will bet a lot including his floats. But when I c/r I was immed worried that he couldn't then continue w/o a T. But really I think I've pretty much polarized my range here. I think an overpair would never c/r the turn. If I make my range boat, Tx or air villain might need to now continue w/ overpairs and other hands that beat a bluff.Edit: As for leading the turn I think it gives me a wider range but one that doesn't include as many bluffs (this being a horrible card to barrel).My though was that perhaps I should just c/c the turn but there are a few draws out that will call on the turn but have to fold the river and since virtually no hand I beat will ever bet the river I'd be forced to donk the river which would be a really bizarre line.

I'd reccomend not posting the results on hands that you are checking your line on to make sure you get more (and more unbiased) opinions. In this hand I'd stop the hand after flop and ask if you should lead turn...so...Kurt, RDog, others, do you not like leading the turn better, and if this is a "I missed flop, you called cont bet, I give up" sort of check, that will quickly be dissuaded when the check raise comes in. Thoughts?
That was my only thought as well, but I think if you bet the turn, he folds much more often, and even if he does fold to the c/r, then you're getting an extra bet. If he's a little better of a player, then he could think you're trying to bluff strong with the c/r there. Granted, if he had something more than air on the flop and called, he might call this turn, but I think if that's the case, he's also more likely to bet it for you rather than check behind. It just seems like you'll get paid off better with the check.
Hmm. I pretty much hate my line. Though I'm not sure what would be better. As soon as I check/raised the turn I though "oh crap he can't call with worse" but then again .....Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterBTN: $279.00SB: $450.75BB: $200.00Hero (UTG): $204.00MP: $274.00CO: $228.00Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is UTG with A :ts T :DHero raises to $7, 2 folds, BTN calls $7, 2 foldsFlop: ($17.00) 2 :qh T :club: 8 :D(2 players)Hero bets $14, BTN calls $14Turn: ($45.00) T :D(2 players)Hero checks, BTN bets $34, Hero raises to $102, BTN raises to $170, Hero raises to $183 all in, BTN calls $13River: ($411.00) 7 :4h(2 players - 1 is all in)Final Pot: $411.00BTN shows 8 :D 9 :3h (two pair, Tens and Eights)Hero shows A :5c T :qh (three of a kind, Tens)Hero wins $408.00(Rake: $3.00)
I like it. Especially vs villains who call a ton in position.
Seriously this is no longer amusing. Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterUTG: $333.10MP: $214.05CO: $206.10Hero (BTN): $239.55SB: $186.55BB: $200.00Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BTN with J :club: T :ts1 fold, MP raises to $6, 1 fold, Hero calls $6, SB calls $5, 1 foldFlop: ($20.00) 6 :D 3 :D K :4h(3 players)SB checks, MP bets $14, Hero calls $14, SB foldsTurn: ($48.00) 2 :qh(2 players)MP checks, Hero bets $34, MP raises to $125, Hero raises to $219.55 all in, MP calls $69.05 all inRiver: ($436.10) Q :5c(2 players - 2 are all in)Final Pot: $436.10MP shows A :D Q :qh (a flush, Ace high)Hero shows J :3h T :D (a flush, King high)MP wins $433.10(Rake: $3.00)[ ] Game of skill
I raise flop here almost 100% is that bad? A lot of bad cards come that kill your action/scare you, no?
I raise flop here almost 100% is that bad? A lot of bad cards come that kill your action/scare you, no?
I actually do too against most opponents but this guy was a bit of a monkey. Also the guy behind me is a small factor making me flat rather than raise.

I love how I want to play poker more when I have a bunch of shit to do for school, yet I don't want to play any other time. Bodes well for someone who wants to turn poker into a profession I guess.

I love how I want to play poker more when I have a bunch of shit to do for school, yet I don't want to play any other time. Bodes well for someone who wants to turn poker into a profession I guess.
No, it just means you like things that are fun > things that aren't fun. :club:
When he calls the flop on a pretty dry board his hands are going to be sets, 10's, smaller pairs, a couple straight draws and random floats. When you bet the turn you are only playing against the top of that range. You aren't allowing him to take a shot with the bottom of his range and we may or not be able to get stacks in against worse 10's. CR the turn guarantees getting stacks in against worse 10's and as you see, random hands that are drawing dead against us. We are most likely stacking off against boats regardless so by CR the turn instead of checking we are getting more money from pretty much every hand we beat.

So yeah I had 59k going into the day. Blinds were 4k/8k/1k with 32 minutes left in the level. The first hand I was UTG +1. We were 8 handed and approaching a money bubble and the remaining 6 stacks behind me had 120k or less so I thought it was optimal to shove any 2 on the first hand if UTG folded. So I shoved Q6ss and I'm pretty sure the only player that would call lightish happened to pick up A9 and reshoved to isolate and board came 96335 so finished 29th for $705. You tourney donks think my shove is optimal there? Other thing to take in account is that even with my stack there were 10 stacks shorter than mine 2 of which were a little more than 1 bb and we were redrawing at 27 so there is a chance that in the next two hands that I could redraw away from the blind.

Same graph sir.
Yeah i know. It shoulda been an updated one....Im not doing it again though. But since that one I lost a buyin won a buyin lost half a buyin then won 2 more buyins. Finished up almost 2 buyins.....Funny the line it takes sometimes to get to a normal session profit.Stupid poker

thoughts on how to play this? Villian is 11/11/infinity over 24 handsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (MP) ($17)CO ($10.90)Button ($10.05)SB ($7.10)BB ($8.65)UTG ($10.50)Preflop: Hero is MP with 8s, 8d1 fold, Hero raises to $0.40, 1 fold, Button raises to $1, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.60Flop: ($2.15) 6c, 2c, 8h (2 players)Hero bets $1, Button raises to $2,

thoughts on how to play this? Villian is 11/11/infinity over 24 handsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (MP) ($17)CO ($10.90)Button ($10.05)SB ($7.10)BB ($8.65)UTG ($10.50)Preflop: Hero is MP with 8s, 8d1 fold, Hero raises to $0.40, 1 fold, Button raises to $1, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.60Flop: ($2.15) 6c, 2c, 8h (2 players)Hero bets $1, Button raises to $2,
Raise it
Yeah i know. It shoulda been an updated one....Im not doing it again though. But since that one I lost a buyin won a buyin lost half a buyin then won 2 more buyins. Finished up almost 2 buyins.....Funny the line it takes sometimes to get to a normal session profit.Stupid poker
Heredc51cx.jpg
obv. how much are you raising it? I have a hard time sizing these raises.
4.60-5.20
You could go a bit smaller. Giving the appearance that you are leaving yourself room to fold to a shove yet still leaving a pot size bet to get him all in on the turn.Ill shove in that spot a bunch too. Makes your range a lot wider imo
All the kids are saying to CiB