• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Looks like a crazy connection between higher amount of hands played and lower BB/100. And clearly it has to do with amounts of tables played, but if you're looking at the dollar amounts made, almost looks like playing crazy volume doesn't help anyone.
Well for the most part this is almost always going to be true just because people that put in higher volume are going to be playing more tables. It also includes 6 max and HU and the HU players are always going to have higher winrates.
Well for the most part this is almost always going to be true just because people that put in higher volume are going to be playing more tables. It also includes 6 max and HU and the HU players are always going to have higher winrates.
Yeah, I thought of that too. I was just kinda surprised by how apparent it was.
That's the most accurate its ever been for me but still off by about 2k hands and 1k dollars. The one for the year is off by a lot more. http://www.tableratings.com/topwinners.php...;timeframe=year
Yeah, I am actually surprised it is that accurate. Just thought I would give you guys a shout out since I saw it posted.
I'm lost. Who has KQ? Your dad is the 99 guy right? So I don't get the way you are breaking down the hand.If your dad is the 99 guy then I can break down the entire hand in one sentence.Start the hand with $25, and c/f on every street when you setmine with a mid PP and the flop comes w/ 2 overs against 5 opponents.If he doesn't understand that concept then breaking down ranges and getting all theoretical with possible hands and equities is only going to confuse him unnecessarily. KISS - Keep it simple stupid.Unless there is something else going on here?
My dad didn't have the KQ but we discussed how the guy played KQ. And that is what I was trying to tell him, just being extremely thorough and pointing out how far behind he is, he has a good grasp of most of the concepts of poker, he just has trouble applying them in te right spots.
i can't believe you posted the same hand THREE DIFFERENT TIMES.PS that bet if you are CO is probably the worst bet ever.PS2. That pokerstove crap is so unnecessary for this handPS3. I want one of these.
Well the first time I wanted help with writing it, the 2nd time I posted the entire thing at the recommendation of another Challenge thread poster, and the 3rd time because people ignored it or didn't state as to why they weren't responding to it.PS. I know, I told him it was horrible at the bottomPS2 Indeed, but I was just being through in order to explain how bad he played the hand.PS3 Meh, Xbox > PS3.
Thats real nice of you to do all that pokerstove stuff for your dad. I dont know if there is much to discuss with the 99 part of the hand since everyone here knows you are WA/WB on that flop so they wouldnt bet.
Yeah fair enough, just wondered what people thought of how I explained it.
The reason you didn't get any responses is because that post is confusing as hell and I'm sure just like me, others have no clue what you are getting at. You don't need stove ranges (not really sure why those are there either really because it makes no sense given the situation) to be able to explain to someone that they shouldn't be betting with 99 on a KJx board in a 5 way pot. The fact that we are confused and we know what pokerstove, etc are, probably means your dads head exploded. Sorry if this comes off dickish but if you are going to call us out for not responding to your post then you should know that it is because the post didn't really make much sense.
LOL. Yeah I was just trying to be thorough, I know it's simple enough to us but I wanted to show him as thoroughly as possible just how far behind we are with 99.
Looks like a crazy connection between higher amount of hands played and lower BB/100. And clearly it has to do with amounts of tables played, but if you're looking at the dollar amounts made, almost looks like playing crazy volume doesn't help anyone.
I think you are overstating the equity you are giving up when you multitable. ie A lot of those people that are way up there in winnings with a lot of hands may not be 11 or 12 BB winners on that chart even if they didn't play as many hands. You just wouldn't notice because they wouldn't be on there.That being said I think you have a decent point and I'd like to hear the people who actually multitable's thoughts.
LOL. Yeah I was just trying to be thorough, I know it's simple enough to us but I wanted to show him as thoroughly as possible just how far behind we are with 99.
I still don't think you're getting it.There is no need to be thorough. Anyone who bets 99, or calls 99, on that board, with that many players in the hand, needs it explained to them very simply.It doesn't matter if he understands your explanation.It would be like me trying to explain in detail every part of a car engine, when the person I am trying to teach it to can't figure out how to even put the key in the ignition.

so i was playing this guy on stars who was really bad and i was grinding down slowly...this hand happens to bust himPoker Stars $2/$4 No Limit Hold'em - 2 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterHero (BTN/SB): $963.50BB: $242.40Pre Flop: ($6.00) Hero is BTN/SB with T :4h T :club:Hero raises to $12, BB raises to $40, Hero calls $28Flop: ($80.00) 7 :3h 8 :D 4 :qh(2 players)BB bets $56, Hero calls $56Turn: ($192.00) Q :5c(2 players)BB bets $146.40 all in, Hero calls $146.40River: ($484.80) A :qh(2 players - 1 is all in)Final Pot: $484.80Hero shows T :D T :ts (a pair of Tens)BB shows 8 :D 2 :D (a pair of Eights)Hero wins $484.30(Rake: $0.50)and then he starts calling me a cheater over and over again. it was pretty hilarious, so i just told him that it's hard to win a hand with 82 and maybe he should cheat.anyways, that's all.- Jordan

I still don't think you're getting it.There is no need to be thorough. Anyone who bets 99, or calls 99, on that board, with that many players in the hand, needs it explained to them very simply.It doesn't matter if he understands your explanation.It would be like me trying to explain in detail every part of a car engine, when the person I am trying to teach it to can't figure out how to even put the key in the ignition.
I agree with this statement.It's nice to sound smart with all this math and poker lingo, but when teaching someone completely green you just gotta say this bet sucks.
I think you are overstating the equity you are giving up when you multitable. ie A lot of those people that are way up there in winnings with a lot of hands may not be 11 or 12 BB winners on that chart even if they didn't play as many hands. You just wouldn't notice because they wouldn't be on there.That being said I think you have a decent point and I'd like to hear the people who actually multitable's thoughts.
Not really sure what the question is? Of course you give up winrate when you play more tables. Money is what matters though. Lets say someone can 2 table and make 110 an hour with a 9 BB/100 (just throwing a number out there since I'm sure the math isn't correct) and can 16 table to make 140 hour with a 1.5 BB/100, how many tables should he play? Why should he care about win rate? That also doesn't include how much more he is making from rakeback/FPPs. Everyone needs to find their balance. Obviously someone playing HU isn't going to be able to 16 table. I would also guess that those in that list with really high BB/100 are going to be HU players like Tre. Obviously still really impressive. People just need to do what is most profitable for them.
I think you are overstating the equity you are giving up when you multitable.
I think the biggest reason why more hands = smaller win rate is that it includes but HU and 6-max and full ring. The HU players are going to have fewer hands and a higher win rate.Not only that but he's way under estimating the effects that variance has. It's pretty simple really - a guy with 100K hands in a month is going to show results much closer to his theoretical win rate than a guy with 1K hands. Over the last 3 days I've run 13BB/100 over 2K hands.
Not really sure what the question is? Of course you give up winrate when you play more tables. Money is what matters though. Lets say someone can 2 table and make 110 an hour with a 9 BB/100 (just throwing a number out there since I'm sure the math isn't correct) and can 16 table to make 140 hour with a 1.5 BB/100, how many tables should he play? Why should he care about win rate? That also doesn't include how much more he is making from rakeback/FPPs. Everyone needs to find their balance. Obviously someone playing HU isn't going to be able to 16 table. I would also guess that those in that list with really high BB/100 are going to be HU players like Tre. Obviously still really impressive. People just need to do what is most profitable for them.
I think the biggest reason why more hands = smaller win rate is that it includes but HU and 6-max and full ring. The HU players are going to have fewer hands and a higher win rate.Not only that but he's way under estimating the effects that variance has. It's pretty simple really - a guy with 100K hands in a month is going to show results much closer to his theoretical win rate than a guy with 1K hands. Over the last 3 days I've run 13BB/100 over 2K hands.
Good points.
Makes sense.
I agree with this statement.It's nice to sound smart with all this math and poker lingo, but when teaching someone completely green you just gotta say this bet sucks.
But but but. he's my dad! lol

I suck at putting in volume. Any other lazy people want to make a small hands played wager for December?Edit: GL Napa. I'll do one more. 20k hands min requirement, $20.

x-posted from another threadWashington Post Front Page Article and Series about online poker/gamblingFrom the front page:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/inves...r/?hpid=topnewsToday they talked about the cheating scandals from UB and AP. Tomorrow is the debate about whether or not to legalize online gambling/poker.The link is kinda weird.. buncha interactive stuff. The article itself should be in there somewhere. There are also some cool videos.edit: link directly to articlehttp://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...679.html?sub=ARand again there will be a new segment every day this week.

I'm gonna torture myself with some donkaments today. Turbo takedown, sunday hundo grand, and maybe a couple on FTP.

ask all the questions you want chuck. someone will always answerthe reason for making a larger 4bet here is that with all the cold callers, the pot is so bloated already that making it $1.20 more will give them the correct odds to call and outdraw you. it was make it like $5 or even shove, we will probably still get a caller from a worse hand. the reason that we will get a caller is that theres already so many people in for .80. they are monkeys, and just want to gamble. make a big raise, and punish them for their gambling.
Thanks. This makes sense