New Challenge (old Challenge)

I didn't really have any reads. I don't like the call either, lol. It's a 6max table, but we were only 5 handed at the time, and it turned over recently, so it's relatively new players in the last 10-20 hands maybe. No stats, since I'm on Merge and they don't support PT or anything useful. The HH's aren't even postable or else I'd have been posting hands the past couple months. All that being said, at least I'm up 11 buyins since the stake started without any extra help like that. (I imagine it could probably be more if I put in a decent amount of hands.)But yeah, I kinda hate my play, but it was just one where I didn't want to believe it. So looking for confirmation, lol.
Well yeah, I think it's a case where if you are going to play the hand like that, you can't really fold when things get tough on a flop like that. If it's a retard or a LP raiser is could easily be A-<9
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Well yeah, I think it's a case where if you are going to play the hand like that, you can't really fold when things get tough on a flop like that. If it's a retard or a LP raiser is could easily be A-<9
I think he was cutoff, but that was 5 handed, so it's both. But yeah.

I got me a Macbook and I already love it.I'm in the process setting it up for poker... Boot camp rocks: it's so simple and in an instant you have a Mac/Windows XP capable computer.I'm *never* buying a PC again.

Well in a NL game we can pot controll with a bet - if we think villain will bet bigger if we check but just call if we bet and perhaps we can get to showdown the most cheaply when we're betting. I guess that's not as much of a factor in the spread limit game because of the 150 max bet size.I'm assuming that the spread limit nature of the game is also important in your comment about missing value since in a normal 100BB buy-in NL game we'd have not problem getting stacks in here without raising on the flop.
I think thats almost always referred to as a blocker bet, not pot control. Especially on the turn, you can't really pot control by betting into someone on the turn imo. You can block them from betting bigger though when you're on a draw or some such. And I disagree that in a 100bb game that we'd be able to get the stacks in if we don't raise on the flop. If we check call flop and donk turn when a somewhat scary card comes on the turn like in this case, assuming villain had AA, he's going to call the turn and fold for sure to a ton of river cards if we shove, and possibly fold even if we shove a total brick like a 2. And if we check turn he can check behind for pot control on the turn. Its villain dependent, but imo vs a good villain you are much more likely to get the stacks in if you check raise the flop then if you check/call the flop.Mark
I think thats almost always referred to as a blocker bet, not pot control. Especially on the turn, you can't really pot control by betting into someone on the turn imo. You can block them from betting bigger though when you're on a draw or some such. And I disagree that in a 100bb game that we'd be able to get the stacks in if we don't raise on the flop. If we check call flop and donk turn when a somewhat scary card comes on the turn like in this case, assuming villain had AA, he's going to call the turn and fold for sure to a ton of river cards if we shove, and possibly fold even if we shove a total brick like a 2. And if we check turn he can check behind for pot control on the turn. Its villain dependent, but imo vs a good villain you are much more likely to get the stacks in if you check raise the flop then if you check/call the flop.Mark
yup. more this, a blocker bet. I wanted to 'control' and limit him to a degree, but I guess this is more the right word.I still have no clue what he might have had, his range was mondo, but I am guessing he was in the middle range and that board was heading his way fast, but who knows?I played the hand too cautiously, then too aggro as I look back, and lost value for sure. Still, a nice little pot.

I think this was an interesting hand from today.. villain plays like 58/12.. he plays really poor pre-flop and like just okay postflop. We have played 400 hands 2 tabling throughout several sessions today. This was towards the end of the session. He started up about a buy-in early but eventually at this point I think he was down about 2 or 3 bi's but I don't think it really bothered him to the point he was tilting. He limps a very wide range and bets pot on most flops in limped pots. We haven't ever played a hand like this to this point and although I've seen him bluff big in spots I've never seen him bluff raise which leads me to believe he is shoving for value. The closest relevant hand that I can recall in regards to how he thinks about hand strength is this one:Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 2 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterHero (BTN/SB): $204.75BB: $233.15Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BTN/SB with 3 :ts Q :DHero raises to $6, BB calls $4Flop: ($12.00) 5 :club: 2 :D 6 :4h(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $8, BB calls $8Turn: ($28.00) 2 :D(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $21, BB calls $21River: ($70.00) K :5c(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $55, BB calls $55Final Pot: $180.00Hero shows 3 :D Q :3h (a flush, King high)BB mucks 2 :qh J :club:Hero wins $179.50(Rake: $0.50)I think the hand in question is def a bit different from this one based on the switching of positions and also at this point I had been bluffing a bit more and my line in the hand in question is a line I hadn't taken yet so without further adieu the hand will be in the next post.

Also, lol he shoved pretty quickly on the river as if he didn't have much to think about. Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 2 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterHero (BB): $398.85BTN/SB: $187.55Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BB with K :club: 9 :diamond:BTN/SB calls $1, Hero checksFlop: ($4.00) T :ts 4 :D 9 :D(2 players)Hero checks, BTN/SB bets $4, Hero calls $4Turn: ($12.00) 9 :4h(2 players)Hero bets $8, BTN/SB calls $8River: ($28.00) 5 :5c(2 players)Hero bets $22, BTN/SB raises to $173.55 all in, Hero requests TIMEFinal Pot: $72.00

neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrjezzy chrizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy i'm drinfksss. i own't remvbember anyof this in the morning.
yes i'm relpyeing to myselgf. ironss blowl. buicking suckkkkkked. i knodo of dexpedtied it byut ;. Aubeun bucking suxxxxxxxxxxx. War ealgel anyway but wil bucking suckx
yes i'm relpyeing to myselgf. ironss blowl. buicking suckkkkkked. i knodo of dexpedtied it byut ;. Aubeun bucking suxxxxxxxxxxx. War ealgel anyway but wil bucking suckx
there's no way this is real.
there's no way this is real.
holey shitee
The night got a little freaky to put it mildly. I think I had more to drink than I did at the first one if that's possible. Ran into Brandy pretty early while still moderately sober. Just talked and joked about our first meeting and that was it. Later a friend of my wife's introduced us to a friend of hers who proceeds to dive into my wife's cleavage face first and starts motorboating. Very cool.Finally, at about 2AM we run into Brandy again. Of course we both COMPLETELY wasted at this point. As it turns out, a friend of Brandy's who was there went to high school with my wife. Small world. So anyway, my wife starts talking to the high school dude and I start talking to Brandy. Well Brandy and I end up pawing all over each other and making out right there in front of my wife. Remember I am very wasted and not in complete control of my actions. I would never do this sober. I felt pretty bad about it the next day. My wife says she chose to just ignore us. Then somehow, being the smooth talker that I am, I talked my wife and Brandy into kissing. Very cool again. I also got her phone number somehow and managed to actually program it into my phone. Don't remember doing that at all.So yesterday I'm talking to my wife about it. I tell my wife that I couldn't ever do anything with Brandy, yadda, yadda, yadda.....long pause........but she might be threesome material.Wife's response: Yeah, maybe. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL
lolol, good trip report!! That is insane stuff there.. wow, lol. A++. Hopefull at the next Mardi Gras Ball something even crazier will happen, who knows!! oh well, keep me informed... good hearing from you. Delete Postpms wbetewwnweeen be and rfitxianabox.

Figured I would post this so I can look back in a couple weeks and laugh. This is what being down 7.5 buyins in equity in a day looks like. Ugly month.Today-4.jpg