• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

I'm thinking bout doing some coaching in December. If anyone is interested please just PM me. I'm going to talk with Trevor about what he kinda does, and try and model what he does with my own twist, if you will.Also, I should say I'm just assuming tre is cool with this, but I in know way am trying to 'steal action', this is more of something that I want to do to help me get more motivated to play myself for the month.So, again, just pm me. And if tre doesn't wanna talk with me about his approach, then that's fine, i think i can make a pretty solid game plan on my own....we are just BFFs, obv!- Jordan

Should briefly mentioned, be best if you are wanting to improve at your NLHE HU game. I play 6m, but not nearly as much as HU...so while I would work with you at 6m and chit, I personally prefer playing HU, so I feel i'm best versed in that format.I also wouldn't be surprised if I got invested in someone and wanted to stake them down the line, but please don't make that ur reason for wanting coaching as it's nothing guarenteed, it's more or less just something I would think would naturally come up with a student yada yada yada. Obviously, i prefer you have a decent solid roll so you can actually pay for my time (not to sound like a douche, just you know...it's not free -- but i wont be charging my hourly rate, so...anyway just pm me).Anyways, that's all.:club:- Jordan

YOU TOLD ME IT WAS QUAD JACKS.
lol. Sorry A. It was queens. I caught a cold last night...bad sore throat etc. that's my excuse. I guess there was a price to pay after all.As I was racking up a reg. grinder sat down, aggro clown. I got pocket queens again and min raised ($15) knowing he would raise, or call minimum. He raised to 45. I called. flop 7-6-Q, lol. RB, so I check, he fires 100. I call. turn brought a flush draw and a possible made straight. I bet 100, he insta folds, must have thought I hit something, meh? I ws happy the hand ended there, SO often I lose a big one while racking out.Queens have been my friend lately, have made quads with them several time, very strange in live sessions, imo.Run well everyone. :club:2008Nov1400.jpg
lol. Sorry A. It was queens. I caught a cold last night...bad sore throat etc. that's my excuse. I guess there was a price to pay after all.As I was racking up a reg. grinder sat down, aggro clown. I got pocket queens again and min raised ($15) knowing he would raise, or call minimum. He raised to 45. I called. flop 7-6-Q, lol. RB, so I check, he fires 100. I call. turn brought a flush draw and a possible made straight. I bet 100, he insta folds, must have thought I hit something, meh? I ws happy the hand ended there, SO often I lose a big one while racking out.Queens have been my friend lately, have made quads with them several time, very strange in live sessions, imo.Run well everyone. :club:
Pardon my intrusion, by why are you leading the turn?
Yeah, 4-bet should probably be smaller to more readily induce bluffshoves, and because 4-betting smaller is just better in general because it allows you to 4-bet without being committed to a shove.
Pre comma kind of contradicts post comma, no?
Pre comma kind of contradicts post comma, no?
If you have a huge hand, it doesn't matter if you're committed since you're calling anyway, but if you have air, you want to be able to fold.
Pardon my intrusion, by why are you leading the turn?
Sort of a pot control/value bet(?) My thought was from what I know of him he is good, and can be (and often is) pretty aggro/bluffy and I hoped he might again raise into what appeared to be my semi weakish bet. If he just calls, that's ok, but I need to be careful that the river doesn't bring another spade (flush) or straight card. If he raises I can come over and crush him. I didn't expect him to fold, that's for sure, but I did doubt my bet after he did.edit: any and all advice is more than welcome! :club:

Uh......?????Cutoff is Pwnasaurus who I am pretty sure normally plays much higher. Button is 17/14/3 reg.My flat is super strong and cutoff still calls behind, he either has to have 76 or a monster. After both of us flatting, button overbet shoves the turn???Poker Stars $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterSB: $137.75Hero (BB): $284.25UTG: $113.60MP: $200.00CO: $426.00BTN: $213.90Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BB with 5 :club: 5 :4h2 folds, CO raises to $6, BTN calls $6, 1 fold, Hero calls $4Flop: ($19.00) 5 :D 8 :5c K :ts(3 players)Hero checks, CO bets $12, BTN raises to $38, Hero calls $38, CO calls $26Turn: ($133.00) Q :D(3 players)Hero checks, CO checks, BTN bets $169.90 all in, Hero ???

Uh......?????Cutoff is Pwnasaurus who I am pretty sure normally plays much higher. Button is 17/14/3 reg.My flat is super strong and cutoff still calls behind, he either has to have 76 or a monster. After both of us flatting, button overbet shoves the turn???
Tough spothttp://www.bluffmagazine.com/thepokerdb/Pw...yer-profile.asp Nice earnings
Sort of a pot control/value bet(?) My thought was from what I know of him he is good, and can be (and often is) pretty aggro/bluffy and I hoped he might again raise into what appeared to be my semi weakish bet. If he just calls, that's ok, but I need to be careful that the river doesn't bring another spade (flush) or straight card. If he raises I can come over and crush him. I didn't expect him to fold, that's for sure, but I did doubt my bet after he did.edit: any and all advice is more than welcome! :club:
I def don't have any advice, was asking more for info rather than i know some better line

lol cash gamesnovemberhl8.jpgthis is 50nl HU, 25nl 6m and a little of 50nl 6m.. the super big downswings are tilt sessions at 50nl and 25nl coupled with running bad at 50nlhu. Makes for a retarded looking graph... but a profitable one nonetheless.+2k or so in donkament earnings and rakeback.

Pot control is not betting to keep the pot small fyi, so that can't be what you're doing when you bet :)And if you want value, raise the flop. By just calling the flop you're minimizing the value you're going to be able to extract from overpairs or big hands. When you take the line you did, you're losing at least $200 in value vs AA and maybe more depending on how scary the river is for him/you.Mark
Pot control is not betting to keep the pot small fyi, so that can't be what you're doing when you bet :)And if you want value, raise the flop. By just calling the flop you're minimizing the value you're going to be able to extract from overpairs or big hands. When you take the line you did, you're losing at least $200 in value vs AA and maybe more depending on how scary the river is for him/you.Mark
Or betting to stop a bet on a later street/ a larger bet size from an opponent too?
Or betting to stop a bet on a later street/ a larger bet size from an opponent too?
Thats a blocker bet, and not what you'd want to do here either with top set.Mark
Cutoff is Pwnasaurus who I am pretty sure normally plays much higher. Button is 17/14/3 reg.My flat is super strong and cutoff still calls behind, he either has to have 76 or a monster. After both of us flatting, button overbet shoves the turn???
There's not a lot I'd call pre and raise this flop. Maybe K8s? But I'm not overbet shoving K8 on this turn.I think CO is about as likely to have AA as KK or 88.Pretty bizarre hand. In real life I say "phuck it" and shove and close my eyes.
Well in a NL game we can pot controll with a bet - if we think villain will bet bigger if we check but just call if we bet and perhaps we can get to showdown the most cheaply when we're betting. I guess that's not as much of a factor in the spread limit game because of the 150 max bet size.I'm assuming that the spread limit nature of the game is also important in your comment about missing value since in a normal 100BB buy-in NL game we'd have not problem getting stacks in here without raising on the flop.
Uh......?????Cutoff is Pwnasaurus who I am pretty sure normally plays much higher. Button is 17/14/3 reg.My flat is super strong and cutoff still calls behind, he either has to have 76 or a monster. After both of us flatting, button overbet shoves the turn???Poker Stars $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterSB: $137.75Hero (BB): $284.25UTG: $113.60MP: $200.00CO: $426.00BTN: $213.90Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BB with 5 :club: 5 :4h2 folds, CO raises to $6, BTN calls $6, 1 fold, Hero calls $4Flop: ($19.00) 5 :D 8 :5c K :ts(3 players)Hero checks, CO bets $12, BTN raises to $38, Hero calls $38, CO calls $26Turn: ($133.00) Q :D(3 players)Hero checks, CO checks, BTN bets $169.90 all in, Hero ???
I put him on KQ so that I can call and dominate.
I put him on KQ so that I can call and dominate.
That is one of the hands that Jesse mentioned when I talked to him but both of us agreed that the flop play is very unlikely to be KQ.
A9 in BB. Called a raise. Flop is AsAx3s. I check, he bets 1.60, I make it $4. He makes it like 9.60.Easy fold?
stats? stack sizes? what position was the raise from? previous activity at the table? image? reads?Also, I don't like calling the raise with A9 there, it's just going to put us in a bad spot OOP without any idea on a lot of flops. This is basically the best flop we can hope for.Edit: As for the RDog hand, I intially thought KQ; but he wouldn't raise that flop. I think in theory I'd lay this down, so in real life I'd shove this :club:
stats? stack sizes? what position was the raise from? previous activity at the table? image? reads?Also, I don't like calling the raise with A9 there, it's just going to put us in a bad spot OOP without any idea on a lot of flops. This is basically the best flop we can hope for.
I didn't really have any reads. I don't like the call either, lol. It's a 6max table, but we were only 5 handed at the time, and it turned over recently, so it's relatively new players in the last 10-20 hands maybe. No stats, since I'm on Merge and they don't support PT or anything useful. The HH's aren't even postable or else I'd have been posting hands the past couple months. All that being said, at least I'm up 11 buyins since the stake started without any extra help like that. (I imagine it could probably be more if I put in a decent amount of hands.)But yeah, I kinda hate my play, but it was just one where I didn't want to believe it. So looking for confirmation, lol.