• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Me thinks I found out how to increase my non SD winnings...against standard TAG reg.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flop | saw showdownSB ($21.05)Hero (BB) ($38.20)UTG ($25.30)MP ($26.80)Button ($16.20)Preflop: Hero is BB with 9heart.gif, Jheart.gif1 fold, MP raises to $1, 1 fold, SB calls $0.90, Hero calls $0.75Flop: ($3) 4spade.gif, 10club.gif, Adiamond.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, MP bets $1.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $4.85, 1 foldTotal pot: $6 | Rake: $0.25Results in white below: Hero didn't show 9heart.gif, Jheart.gif (nothing).Outcome: Hero won $5.75

Me thinks I found out how to increase my non SD winnings...against standard TAG reg.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flop | saw showdownSB ($21.05)Hero (BB) ($38.20)UTG ($25.30)MP ($26.80)Button ($16.20)Preflop: Hero is BB with 9heart.gif, Jheart.gif1 fold, MP raises to $1, 1 fold, SB calls $0.90, Hero calls $0.75Flop: ($3) 4spade.gif, 10club.gif, Adiamond.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, MP bets $1.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $4.85, 1 foldTotal pot: $6 | Rake: $0.25Results in white below: Hero didn't show 9heart.gif, Jheart.gif (nothing).Outcome: Hero won $5.75
Uhhhhh......be careful.......any thinking player is not folding there and will most likely 3 bet air.Edit: In other words, yes, you will probably increase your non-showdown winnings here but at the same time you created a huge hole in your game.Double Edit: People worry way too much about non-showdown winnings. As long as it isn't out of control, especially those of you playing the lower limits really need to focus on playing solid poker and should really be placing a large part of your improvement on doing a good job of getting value.Triple Edit: What you did in this hand might actually work at the lower levels where people just see a raise and don't think about why you would be raising. The real problem is that I think it really gets you thinking about the game incorrectly. I can think of several 200 regs that consistently raise dry flops and it always makes me laugh. I'm sure their non-showdown winnings are outstanding but this is also probably why they never really stick at 200.
Uhhhhh......be careful.......any thinking player is not folding there and will most likely 3 bet air.Edit: In other words, yes, you will probably increase your non-showdown winnings here but at the same time you created a huge hole in your game.Double Edit: People worry way too much about non-showdown winnings. As long as it isn't out of control, especially those of you playing the lower limits really need to focus on playing solid poker and should really be placing a large part of your improvement on doing a good job of getting value.
Yeah, I'm definitely not going to make plays like this all the time. It just seems like the c/r gets so much more respect at 25nl than higher limits.

I've played one hour so far today and won 4bi. I think the upswing has started. Here's a couple good examples of how I'm running.Villain in both hands is a decent 25/18/3.5 reg. He probably wins money at poker.I thought his range was AQ/AJ/A10/KQs here and he would have to bet the turn. I don't know how often he's going to call two barrells and the stack sizes are pretty deep. I don't like his turn bet sizing. I 3bet 2bb more than pot because we are deep and I'm oop.Absolute PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.256 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $10.65UTG+1: $4.10CO: $47.65Button: $51.13SB: $19.80Hero: $50Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with K :D K :qh UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button raises to $1.6, SB folds, Hero raises to $5.9, 2 folds, Button calls.Flop: J :D Q :D 9 :D ($12.4, 2 players)Hero bets $8, Button calls.Turn: 2 :icon_clap: ($28.4, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $28.4, Hero raises all-in $36.1, Button calls.River: 6 :3h ($100.6, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $100.6)Results:Final pot: $100.6Button Shows Ah QsHero Shows Ks KcWe've played quite a few hands against eachother so I thought his range included a lot of air which is why I just flat the turn instead of putting it in. I like the way he played this though.Absolute PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.255 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $25.27Hero: $75.14Button: $7.07SB: $24.80BB: $9Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with 7 :D 7 :4hUTG raises to $0.85, Hero calls, 3 folds.Flop: Q :club: 7 :icon_clap: 2 :ts ($2.05, 2 players)UTG bets $1.75, Hero calls.Turn: T :5c ($5.55, 2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $4, UTG raises to $11.5, Hero calls.River: 8 :qh ($28.55, 2 players)UTG is all-in $11.17, Hero calls.Results:Final pot: $50.89UTG Shows Ac AhHero Shows 7h 7sI might play some 50nl later tonight if I keep running this well. I have over 30bi for it anyway.

Uhhhhh......be careful.......any thinking player is not folding there and will most likely 3 bet air.
WAT? I routinely fold AK in that spot to a villain who I've never seen make any kind of stone bluff ever before. I don't think its a great spot to bluff by any means, but if you get check raised on a board like that and your plan is to call down/shove an A there, you're in big trouble unless you're up against a ridic bad player.Mark
WAT? I routinely fold AK in that spot to a villain who I've never seen make any kind of stone bluff ever before. I don't think its a great spot to bluff by any means, but if you get check raised on a board like that and your plan is to call down/shove an A there, you're in big trouble unless you're up against a ridic bad player.Mark
On that dry of a board what hands is he repping? Would Hero raise a set there? I am never folding AK here unless its a really nitty fish and even then I'm probably not folding because he probably overvalues a hand like AQ.
On that dry of a board what hands is he repping? Would Hero raise a set there? I am never folding AK here unless its a really nitty fish and even then I'm probably not folding because he probably overvalues a hand like AQ.
Thats my point. If he doesn't overvalue AQ then what does he have? He has to have a set here or air, and unless I have some reason to know the guy will bluff raise air here, he has a set or ATs almost always.If I have a set vs a pf raiser and I'm oop and an A falls, he is getting raised every time no matter how dry the board is because you cannot stack him unless he thinks like you do, that he is never folding an A on this flop. But if we check call and try and check raise turn, then he can just pot control the turn and we'll have to try and check raise the river and pray the board is still dry enough after 2 more cards fall that he stacks off.I think in the nitty masses that make up 2/4 to 5/10nl where most any villain sitting with 100bbs knows not to call with AJo oop, and certainly not to check raise it vs a pf raiser, you're looking at a set here a ton of the time. I'm not saying autofold anytime someone raises you and you don't have the nuts. Just saying, any mediocre player knows this is a ridic spot to bluff because nobody folds A8+ here so they're going to be oop and looking at having to bluff multiple streets against someone that probably can't fold top pair. Because thats also something mediocre regs can't do, is fold top pair. (and thats not a dig at you in any way because you said you wouldn't fold here. You know what I mean, people never fold a pair of aces. So bluffing here is going to be REALLY expensive if the guy has an A. And like you said, even if he doesn't, he might think you're full of it and 3bet bluff) So I'm just saying, I expect most average players know this is a bad bluffing spot so they aren't bluffing when they raise, so I fold my A if I don't know the player to be spazzy/stupid or tries to win every pot kinda guy.Mark
Uhhhhh......be careful.......any thinking player is not folding there and will most likely 3 bet air.Edit: In other words, yes, you will probably increase your non-showdown winnings here but at the same time you created a huge hole in your game.
FWIW I find it to be a very effective play as long as you don't go overboard with it. I do it occasionally to balance the times I have 44/TT/AT, but not too frequently that I won't get credit for it. Vs a lot of villains, I'm going to be put in a really shitty spot when I have AQ/AK on this board and I get check/raised and they aren't getting out of line. That's why the play is so strong. And FWIW, I DO check raise big hands on that board almost all of the time.
Thats my point. If he doesn't overvalue AQ then what does he have? He has to have a set here or air, and unless I have some reason to know the guy will bluff raise air here, he has a set or ATs almost always.If I have a set vs a pf raiser and I'm oop and an A falls, he is getting raised every time no matter how dry the board is because you cannot stack him unless he thinks like you do, that he is never folding an A on this flop. But if we check call and try and check raise turn, then he can just pot control the turn and we'll have to try and check raise the river and pray the board is still dry enough after 2 more cards fall that he stacks off.I think in the nitty masses that make up 2/4 to 5/10nl where most any villain sitting with 100bbs knows not to call with AJo oop, and certainly not to check raise it vs a pf raiser, you're looking at a set here a ton of the time. I'm not saying autofold anytime someone raises you and you don't have the nuts. Just saying, any mediocre player knows this is a ridic spot to bluff because nobody folds A8+ here so they're going to be oop and looking at having to bluff multiple streets against someone that probably can't fold top pair. Because thats also something mediocre regs can't do, is fold top pair. (and thats not a dig at you in any way because you said you wouldn't fold here. You know what I mean, people never fold a pair of aces. So bluffing here is going to be REALLY expensive if the guy has an A. And like you said, even if he doesn't, he might think you're full of it and 3bet bluff) So I'm just saying, I expect most average players know this is a bad bluffing spot so they aren't bluffing when they raise, so I fold my A if I don't know the player to be spazzy/stupid or tries to win every pot kinda guy.Mark
I think there are other ways to play sets on dry boards (such as calling flop, donking turn) but that is probably just a style issue. For you since you do raise a set here, then I think C/R air might be okay but at least we need to be doing it with a hand that has equity in the pot (KQ, KJ type hands). I just think this is air a ton. Pretty much only hands are 44 or TT maybe or possibly AT (would expect most regs to muck AT pre here). With things such as HEM, etc, I think it is going to be suicide to be C/R these flops often. Any Villain I am playing against that has a huge flop C/R % I am floating his flop raise and betting the turn when checked to pretty much always and a large majority of the time I win the pot on the turn.
I think there are other ways to play sets on dry boards (such as calling flop, donking turn) but that is probably just a style issue. For you since you do raise a set here, then I think C/R air might be okay but at least we need to be doing it with a hand that has equity in the pot (KQ, KJ type hands). I just think this is air a ton. Pretty much only hands are 44 or TT maybe or possibly AT (would expect most regs to muck AT pre here). With things such as HEM, etc, I think it is going to be suicide to be C/R these flops often. Any Villain I am playing against that has a huge flop C/R % I am floating this flop and betting the turn when checked to pretty much always and a large majority of the time I win the pot on the turn.
I assume this last sentence means with your air hands. With AK I assume you'd check back turn and call river (unless you think they'll spaz and double C/R air which is usually a bit ambitious). It's also worth noting that I play on a site without stats like flop C/R % and preflop 3bet% and such, therefore I can only estimate frequencies with what I see.
FWIW I find it to be a very effective play as long as you don't go overboard with it. I do it occasionally to balance the times I have 44/TT/AT, but not too frequently that I won't get credit for it. Vs a lot of villains, I'm going to be put in a really shitty spot when I have AQ/AK on this board and I get check/raised and they aren't getting out of line. That's why the play is so strong. And FWIW, I DO check raise big hands on that board almost all of the time.
I think there are other ways to play sets on dry boards (such as calling flop, donking turn) but that is probably just a style issue. For you since you do raise a set here, then I think C/R air might be okay but at least we need to be doing it with a hand that has equity in the pot (KQ, KJ type hands). I just think this is air a ton. Pretty much only hands are 44 or TT maybe or possibly AT (would expect most regs to muck AT pre here). With things such as HEM, etc, I think it is going to be suicide to be C/R these flops often. Any Villain I am playing against that has a huge flop C/R % I am floating this flop and betting the turn when checked to pretty much always and a large majority of the time I win the pot on the turn.
Yeah. Reading both your responses makes me think that what type of player you are matters a bunch here and also if you're the guy with AK here, knowing what villain would do here with big hands is key too. (moreso than drawy type flops where their range is much wider so its not like nuts or air)Mark
I assume this last sentence means with your air hands. With AK I assume you'd check back turn and call river (unless you think they'll spaz and double C/R air which is usually a bit ambitious). It's also worth noting that I play on a site without stats like flop C/R % and preflop 3bet% and such, therefore I can only estimate frequencies with what I see.
This is correct. And it almost never fails when the hands get shown down that they have a hand like KQ.
Yeah. Reading both your responses makes me think that what type of player you are matters a bunch here and also if you're the guy with AK here, knowing what villain would do here with big hands is key too. (moreso than drawy type flops where their range is much wider so its not like nuts or air)Mark
I wish I could find some examples but I rarely get shown the nuts in these spots. Occasionally I have to fold air on the turn. Edit: But I definitely see your point. Since I don't play my strong hands that way I expect air and since you do play your strong hands that way, you expect the nuts.

33/31 LAG was running me over today but this hand occurred before we had any history. WTF is he repping here???? I feel like all 3 options have merits.Seat 1: Hero ($600.00 in chips)Seat 3: zwar*** ($559.85 in chips)Seat 8: yeye*** ($1,374.70 in chips)Seat 9: stai*** ($1,121.40 in chips)Seat 10: Card*** ($1,079.30 in chips)Card***: posts small blind $3Hero: posts big blind $6*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Hero [9d 9c]zwar***: foldsyeye***: foldsstai***: foldsCard***: raises $12.00 to $18.00Hero: calls $12.00*** FLOP *** [5d 3s 8d]Card***: bets $24.00Hero: calls $24.00*** TURN *** [5d 3s 8d] [5h]Card***: checksHero: bets $56.00Card***: calls $56.00*** RIVER *** [5d 3s 8d 5h] [Qd]Card***: bets $120.00Hero?

Mark, I'm far from busto, just taking a break.And yeah, it hasn't been the most fun fall in Ann Arbor if you're a hardcore football fan. I guess we've just been drinking more to ease the pain.

Mark, I'm far from busto, just taking a break.And yeah, it hasn't been the most fun fall in Ann Arbor if you're a hardcore football fan. I guess we've just been drinking more to ease the pain.
Good man. Go Blue this weekend. I hope you guys beat the Buckeyes, that would be classic.Mark
What is more important? Beating OSU or making a bowl game? How about OSU or making a BCS game?

This is why I say that it's better to lose to idiots than to good players. Back to back hands.Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterUTG: $203.00MP: $172.35CO: $327.30BTN: $195.00Hero (SB): $380.50BB: $468.65Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is SB with 7 :club: 7 :5c3 folds, BTN raises to $4, Hero raises to $16, 1 fold, BTN calls $12Flop: ($34.00) K :qh 9 :ts K :D(2 players)Hero bets $26, BTN calls $26Turn: ($86.00) 7 :qh(2 players)Hero bets $70, BTN raises to $153 all in, Hero calls $83River: ($392.00) T :3h(2 players - 1 is all in)Final Pot: $392.00BTN shows T :D K :D (a full house, Kings full of Tens)Hero shows 7 :4h 7 :D (a full house, Sevens full of Kings)BTN wins $389.00(Rake: $3.00)

Thank god for auto-reloadFull Tilt Poker $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterBB: $203.00UTG: $172.35MP: $327.30CO: $389.00Hero (BTN): $200.00SB: $466.65Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BTN with 8 :ts 7 :D2 folds, CO raises to $4, Hero raises to $15, 2 folds, CO calls $11Flop: ($33.00) 7 :5c 7 :club: 2 :qh(2 players)CO checks, Hero bets $26, CO raises to $111, Hero raises to $185 all in, CO calls $74Turn: ($403.00) 3 :D(2 players - 1 is all in)River: ($403.00) 4 :3h(2 players - 1 is all in)Final Pot: $403.00CO shows A :D 8 :qh (a pair of Sevens)Hero shows 8 :D 7 :4h (three of a kind, Sevens)Hero wins $400.00(Rake: $3.00)

Villan is 38/25/2.3 over 50 hands and is yet to fold to a 3bet.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB ($7.95)Hero (BB) ($54.85)UTG ($37.20)MP ($25.20)Button ($32.65)Preflop: Hero is BB with :4h, :club:2 folds, Button raises to $0.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.50, Button calls $2Flop: ($5.10) :ts, :D, :D(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, Button raises to $7.50, Hero calls $3Turn: ($20.10) :5c(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $12.50, Hero calls $12.50River: ($45.10) :D(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $10.15 (All-In), Hero foldsTotal pot: $45.10 | Rake: $2Can't work out what the villan has here but I hadn't seen him be so aggressive so far. 55 or KT is the only hand that makes sense to me here?