New Challenge (old Challenge)

Cross Post from fire thread since most of you don't leave here :club:. Thanks for the well wishes.Just got back home. We were at another friends house around 6:30 or so when my friend that lives in Yorba Linda had his wife call and say they were being evacuated. He had already packed his truck up before we left so she just left. We drove back over there around 9:30 and most streets to get there were blocked off but we found a way we could still get to his house. As we rounded the corner to his house we could see a huge flame just over the top of the condos on his street with 2 fire trucks at the end. We grabbed quite a few more things from his house and packed my car. As we were bringing the last things out the cops came by and told us we needed to get out. Pretty crazy. Just hoping his house is there tomorrow. My street and driveway are completely covered in ashes.

• Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Cross Post from fire thread since most of you don't leave here :club:. Thanks for the well wishes.Just got back home. We were at another friends house around 6:30 or so when my friend that lives in Yorba Linda had his wife call and say they were being evacuated. He had already packed his truck up before we left so she just left. We drove back over there around 9:30 and most streets to get there were blocked off but we found a way we could still get to his house. As we rounded the corner to his house we could see a huge flame just over the top of the condos on his street with 2 fire trucks at the end. We grabbed quite a few more things from his house and packed my car. As we were bringing the last things out the cops came by and told us we needed to get out. Pretty crazy. Just hoping his house is there tomorrow. My street and driveway are completely covered in ashes.
All I can say is, don't try and be a hero. If the time comes to get out please get out. Good luck and please be safe.
edit: I was loosening up my game a bit in that session.. I think in the past I have been about a 20/17 with a smallish 3 bet %in that session I was 22/18 with a 3 bet % of 6 and an agg over 2. Im gettin alot more comfortable with it and its amazing how loosening up your preflop game just makes people never ever ever believe you.
Wow I have you at something like 10/7 over 120 hands I think, I had you pegged as a ultra nit.
Wow I have you at something like 10/7 over 120 hands I think, I had you pegged as a ultra nit.
I remember when I first saw you at the tables - your aggression factor was something insane like 15 over 150hands, goes to show how small sample sizes can be misleading
I need to trade 2kish FTP for StarsMust trade first if I don't know you!Ty :club:
I can do $10.01But seriously, if somebody can do $10.01, I'd appreciate it. Also good to see you doing so well Syous :)Okay wow, just played the longest session I ever have (about 3 hours and 20 mins and slightly over 2k hands) and this has to be the weirdest graph ever.november16.png[x]robusto[x]0.24 BB/100[x]15 cents/hourWhat has me kinda weirded out is the stretch from around hand 600-1000 where my non-sd winnings just nosedive and goes into freefall. I mean, IIRC I basically couldn't win a hand, but that seems a little extreme.

LOL my session so far today[X] BB/100 over 20[X] 4 buy ins under 800 hands < this took me 10K hands yesterday![X} Nonshow down winnings positive[?] Sustainable on Sundays?Meta game FTWPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (BB) ($54)UTG ($7.55)MP ($8.20)CO ($24.10)Button ($30.75)SB ($28.05)Preflop: Hero is BB with :club:, :ts3 folds, Button raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero raises to $3, Button raises to $7.75, Hero raises to $54 (All-In), 1 foldTotal pot: $15.60 | Rake: $0Results in white below: Hero didn't showOutcome: Hero won $15.60

LOL my session so far today[X] BB/100 over 20[X] 4 buy ins under 800 hands < this took me 10K hands yesterday![X} Nonshow down winnings positive[?] Sustainable on Sundays?Meta game FTWPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (BB) ($54)UTG ($7.55)MP ($8.20)CO ($24.10)Button ($30.75)SB ($28.05)Preflop: Hero is BB with :club:, :ts3 folds, Button raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero raises to $3, Button raises to $7.75, Hero raises to $54 (All-In), 1 foldTotal pot: $15.60 | Rake: $0Results in white below: Hero didn't showOutcome: Hero won $15.60
What image did you establish?
What image did you establish?
Well I had reraised his btn raise the last 3 hands, so he was obviously getting frustrated, I was pretty sure he was 4 betting a weaker hand, pretty sure he was going to fold to my shove or call with a weaker hand out of frustration.
IMO the best way to solve that problem is to tell them: I'm up $X lifetime. And then if you have a losing session well now you're up $X minus whatever you lost. If you're a winning player and are up lifetime, its impossible for anyone to flip out when they ask how you did last night and you tell them you're up $X lifetime because how can they flip out when you've just told them playing poker has made you money?Mark
Personally I'd rather not talk about money with any girlfriends. If I had a losing session I'd much rather not talk about it~ My job is to make money, her job is to comfort me in other ways : ) I mean, really, how can she relate to "oh I lost 10k today" When stuff like that happens, I find it to be impossible to comforted by anyone who hasn't played poker professionally or at least at an adept level.RDOG-Run good one timeBabylon~ty~ Starting to play lots again and I'm back to loving the game : ) Btw, looking at your graph, you probably need to be way more aggressive~
I am running ridiculously hot the last two days. I get it in behind, I suck out. I get it in ahead, I hold. I've won like 5 straight flips.It's been fun.
teach me
statsgo4.jpgHere's my stats just at 25nl since I started up a little over a month ago. Interested in what the showdown stats mean since I really have no clue. Thanks.
All I know is you are crushing that game over a decent sample, if you have the roll to move up I would do so immediately or at least start mixing in 50NL tables.
Do you "pros" routinely discuss daily numbers with your significant other? Obviously they are more likely to understand swongs and the like more than your average friend, but still.Jw.
I don't really talk about specific numbers but she understands the swings. I handle all the finances for everything for the both of us and as long as everything is taken care of at the end of the month she's happy,lol.
that was me and i hate you. have fun
The show was awesome. I did however get crushed in slots later last night lool
statsgo4.jpgHere's my stats just at 25nl since I started up a little over a month ago. Interested in what the showdown stats mean since I really have no clue. Thanks.
Wow, please crush harder. Nice stats.
I don't really talk about specific numbers but she understands the swings. I handle all the finances for everything for the both of us and as long as everything is taken care of at the end of the month she's happy,lol.
This is pretty much the same for me. It's not even that Kristen doesn't understand the swings, simply more I try not let poker affect my emotional state off the table. I fink the best way to do this is just not think/talk about it when I leave the computer.

Try asking your wife or girlfriend if she thinks you're up or down based on your mood. I have a goal of of being unreadable in this regard.