• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

JC, imo the idea is to adopt a style of play that allows you to beat whatever current level you are at.Making sophisticated plays at 100NL that you'd make at 3/6 isn't going to work. It's useless to be thinking like a 3/6 reg when you're playing 25NL. Just play whatever style optimizes your winrate. Also, I agree with a lot of the above about putting in a volume of hands before making judgements, its kind of ignorant to do anything else.
nah my argument is that those sophisticated plays _will_ work at 100nl , as long as you adjust them a bit.....it's not useless to be thinking like a 3/6 reg playing 25nl, if you're thinking like a 3/6 reg it means you're thinking like a good player which means you should be killing 25nl....and no, making those judgments without putting in 50k hands or even 2k hands isn't ignorant, it's somewhat arrogant, but not ignorant, it doesn't take much playing to know if your better than the avg small stakes grinder, the line begins to blur at 2/4 or 3/6 I think where I often feel like I'm the best in the games and then I go on a ridic downswing or something and I start feeling like I'm the worst.
You may not think that a lot of 100NL regs are great or even good players but beating the games at great winrates is really all that matters. It's about the $$. They figured out how to beat that level. When they move up they'll do it again, its what makes them winners. The ability to adapt.
i agree....never said anything different....you guys just got all enraged that I said 50NL players suck, which they do...
Noone is hating on you or your obv success, its just when you make incorrect judgements with small sample sizes about limits many of us play you're bound to rub people the wrong way.
I can't control peoples ego's, I'm sorry....when someone gets offended if I call them personally a bad player, that's having an ego, it's understandable though I used to get super pissed....when they get offended by me making a general statement about the stakes they play, that's beyond ego, it's like if I got offended if someone said Mexico sucked. Either way I don't think cubs is mad about me calling 50nl players horrible, he's just arguing that he believes they're not horrible and I'm arguing that they are horrible.
The bolded is untrue, and I think a lot of the rest of it is wrong, but both our points are established so I'll leave it at this: You are judging people's skills by their immediate ability to succesfully jump into a higher stakes game, and I'm not. So we probably won't get much farther with this. Which is fine.
nah, not judging by that, just saying if you're a good player you can shit on 50nl regs....even if they win a lot at those stakes, they're prob not better than you if you're good... but I get your point though....if anyone cares these were my stats for my .5/1 session51ju3.jpgI def wouldn't recommend playing THIS laggy, I was just trying to prove a point overall...
Either way I don't think cubs is mad about me calling 50nl players horrible, he's just arguing that he believes they're not horrible and I'm arguing that they are horrible.
Correct.
Correct.
yea you might be the first person who's gotten in a 3 page discussion with me about poker that doesn't hate me :club: (I think) .... I'm pretty stubborn when I think I'm right, I can be convinced that I'm wrong fairly often, but usually not with something as broad as "50 nl players are good" :ts.
Am I allowed to post about sng grinding here? Or is there another forum for it? :club:
I don't think sng posts will be exactly welcomed. You should start a sng challenge thread.edit: sigh, didn't even know such a thing existed.

all I am saying on the subject of 50NL is that there are a lot more players that know whats is going on...3-5 years ago they if they had top pair they won't broke regardless of board texture kicker ect, and they would call it off.Now they ship it off which makes it much harder to play against IMO.But it doesn't mean they are good.

Dear JC,I'd love to speak with you more indepthly about poker. Please let me know if this could be arranged.Mainly, I wanna know if you think I can beat 50nl and 100nl, but that's neither here nor there.Sean.

Dear JC,I'd love to speak with you more indepthly about poker. Please let me know if this could be arranged.Mainly, I wanna know if you think I can beat 50nl and 100nl, but that's neither here nor there.Sean.
You need to change you custom member title.....unless you're slowplaying.

I don't think i'm a good reg at all, but in the spot listed, players with those stats on FTP wouldn't be calling with 99 or less imoWhatisgreat - that might be standard on AP, but you'll see plays like that on FT pretty rarely from a reg IME

That's a lot of hands
Oh yes. took 15 hours too because it took me a while to get up to 15+ tables.
haha np. The volume of hands clearly paid off for you. I had to get out with a profit before the downswing started.
Shame you left when you did, the table was quite juicy. Not that I got dealt f*** all though.
when they get offended by me making a general statement about the stakes they play, that's beyond ego, it's like if I got offended if someone said Mexico sucked.
People get offended when you say "90% of people at 50NL are terrible" because you're indirectly offending them.This is how it goes.90% of people at 50 NL suckI'm obviously in the top 10% because I don't suckBut I have to study and work at my game to beat 50NL for 3ptbb/100If everyone at 50NL sucks then I should be able to easily beat it for moreSo either 90% of people don't suck or I'm not that goodHey JC said I suckNow it's not entirely correct to think like that. I'd say that at any given level anyone who's good has at some point needed to study and work on their game to get good. Perhaps at some point you get to the point where it really is easy. But for most of us when we're getting to that point we move up to the next level where it gets harder (for us) again.Saying that people suck at a given level is pretty useless. Say you're going into a really important final table and I come up to you and say "Hey I got a great read on the guy in seat 3. He sucks." That's pretty much useless. How does he suck? Is he weak/tight or loose/passive? Does he bluff too often or never? You still need to figure out in what way he sucks and then figure out what you can do to exploit him. Back to the original comment on a hand that started this conversation you said that shoving with TT in that spot was fine because people suck and will call with worse. While I think that's sometimes true I think that for most opponents at this level it's more likely that "They suck and flatted JJ". Again different kinds of suck. I'm not going to so with 90% suck but I'd agree that 10% or less are "pretty good". It's just that in today's game a lot of the guys who suck suck by being tight/passive rather than loose/passive and that makes a huge difference in the kinds of ranges we'll see.

Nothing quite like a 1 outer for stacks.......and yes in normal conditions at some point I am raising here but both Villain and the other person that was in the pot on the flop are complete bluffy tards.Poker Stars $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterUTG: $308.15MP: $174.00Hero (CO): $205.00BTN: $239.00SB: $125.15BB: $231.70Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is CO with 8 :club: A :heart:UTG calls $2, 1 fold, Hero raises to $10, 1 fold, SB calls $9, 1 fold, UTG calls $8Flop: ($32.00) 5 :ts 7 :D J :D(3 players)SB checks, UTG bets $16, Hero calls $16, SB foldsTurn: ($64.00) K :D(2 players)UTG bets $48, Hero calls $48River: ($160.00) 6 :4h(2 players)UTG bets $234.15 all in, Hero calls $131 all inFinal Pot: $422.00UTG shows 4 :5c 3 :D (a straight flush, Three to Seven)Hero mucks 8 :3h A :heart:UTG wins $419.00(Rake: $3.00)

No one in this thread is doing the challenge... Lock it up mods.
How about we just ban tourney donks like yourself?
give the man a break... he played razzz last night and lets just say it wasnt pretty :club:.
give the man a break... he played razzz last night and lets just say it wasnt pretty :club:.
Thank you for giving more evidence pointing to his retardedness.