New Challenge (old Challenge)

I don't think a 16/14 is raising KQo UTG. Maybe KQs, but not KQo. So that discounts some of those hands.
C'mon u n I were both nits once :)Im not sure I agree but regardless the math still makes it 26-24. Not to mention if hes bad and uve been playing agg he might still call u down 99-QQ.Philadelphia Phillies are '08 world champs
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Because his range is pretty much 99-QQ here. I don't think he has a K very often and I think it will be very hard to get 3 streets from TT or JJ.
Hmmmmm.......I agree with this for the most part. Having said that, I still bet the turn :club:. I just think I have seen people do so many stupid things with random hands I hate not building a pot here especially on a board that now has 2 flush draws. I dunno........I bet, but I can probably be convinced this actually might be a spot that instead of building a pot with a big hand that slowing down might be more profitable long term.

I agree with both sides here, we need to be betting turn to build a pot...but lately ive been finding in my own game that Im getting 1 street of value vs an opponents range in spots like this. So ive been toying with taking a passive line on the turn in order to get another street of value on the river...Ive been getting good results using a bet/check/bet line...Also, if he has a hand like Kx or AA, hes almost always going to be betting MOST rivers....we can raise a LOT of rivers for value imo...thus accomplishing the same thing as a turn bet pretty much...As far as protecting our hand vs. draws, His flush completing combos arent going to get there hardly ever, and theres no real straight draws he couldve picked up on the turn after c/c flop.. In addition to that, I would expect most standard multi tabling tags to be cbetting this board with there flush draws.Im not by any means trying to say that my logic is correct, but this is some food for thought i certainly think..

Not true. After that huge downswing at like 11k I went back to 25NL and just got badbeat after badbeat and now I'm at -302.95 and quitting basically. I just kept getting runner runnered so maybe in a few months I'll start playing again or something.
You sure you're being 100% honest with yourself?
Anyone know about tires? I have a 2007 Honda Civic SI.. like 40kish miles on it and the guys at the tire place said my tires are on their last legs. They recommended Yokahoma Tires and said total cost would be like $700. Is this all standard or should I look elsewhere?
I'm not sure but I could easily find out if you want.
Line check....Villain is 16/14/4Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterCO: $101.90Hero (BTN): $117.65SB: $100.00BB: $114.00UTG: $160.00MP: $67.10Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN with 7d 8dUTG raises to $3.50, 1 fold, CO calls $3.50, Hero calls $3.50, 2 foldsFlop: ($12.00) 7s Ks 7c (3 players)UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $8, UTG calls $8, CO foldsTurn: ($28.00) 5c (2 players)UTG checks, Hero requests TIME, Hero checksRiver: ($28.00) 7h (2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $24, UTG calls $24Final Pot: $76.00
How bout an overbet on the river?

So today at work, I decided that whenever I do something really, really stupid when I play, I am going to post it here. This is so I have motivation not to do stupid stuff. So please be patient with me while I (hopefully) weed out my stupidity. That being said I'm having a decent month so far but just did a couple really retarded things yesterday that I need to stop doing. I'll find an example and post one later, maybe.

How bout an overbet on the river?
I think overbets that are just bets look extremely strong. I think overbets that are shoves look a little more bluff/spewy.Overbetting looks a lot like Kx, and it would be hard to call with a pair, but that whole, "no one folds full houses" thing....idk.It definitely wouldn't look like a 7. The main decision here is the turn imo. I really think it's hard to get three streets from a hand given the range we have given him and its just a weird spot in general.
I think overbets that are just bets look extremely strong. I think overbets that are shoves look a little more bluff/spewy.Overbetting looks a lot like Kx, and it would be hard to call with a pair, but that whole, "no one folds full houses" thing....idk.It definitely wouldn't look like a 7. The main decision here is the turn imo. I really think it's hard to get three streets from a hand given the range we have given him and its just a weird spot in general.
I didn't mind the turn check for the reasons you said, but if Rdog says bet then you bet, end of story.
"Our boy is all grows up."
agree
I didn't mind the turn check for the reasons you said, but if Rdog says bet then you bet, end of story.
Meh, this isn't something I can't be convinced otherwise of since I think we can put Villain on a pretty small range after he C/C flop. My main issue is that if Villain is aware that his hand is face up we might get 3 streets more often than we think.
Sean, AK and KQ combos are 32 diff hands here. Add in AA played badly and we have 38. There's only 24 combos of QQ-99. Im betting turn all day.
One of the kings is on the board, so the villain can't have that one.
So ive been toying with taking a passive line on the turn in order to get another street of value on the river...Ive been getting good results using a bet/check/bet line...Also, if he has a hand like Kx or AA, hes almost always going to be betting MOST rivers....we can raise a LOT of rivers for value imo...thus accomplishing the same thing as a turn bet pretty much...
All of this, but espec this, has changed my mind to the other side of the fence. Good thinking imoPhiladelphia Phillies are '08 world champs.
All of this, but espec this, has changed my mind to the other side of the fence. Good thinking imoPhiladelphia Phillies are '08 world champs.
Actually Adam and I talked about that and there is no way you are getting called with a river raise as often as you are getting called with a turn bet. It still might be the best line but expecting to get called after you raise the river isn't one of them. At these limits people NEVER bluff raise rivers so Villain will always expect that we are raising for value, in which case he is crushed.
I always go to Costco. They have great prices and the tires all come with a sweet warranty so if you have a blowout they will replace them for free.
No Costco's in South jersey.
Just make sure you get a good warranty on the tire, and not the scam kind where you need to go to that specific place to get them rotated every 3k or something like that. Just good mileage warranty.As far as price, so much depends on size and style, but that seems high to me. Depends how nice of tires you want.What place did you go to?
A place called Mr. Tire which I think is like a Mid-Atlantic Chain.. I think I'm gonna go back there in a few days and talk a bit more with the guy and check out my options. I'm usually sooo lazy with stuff like this and just say shippp it but figure maybe I should do some research or somethin

guy was going pretty crazy, blind shoved back to back hands then this happened.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comCO ($33.85)Button ($36.80)SB ($25)BB ($5)Hero (UTG) ($69.85)MP ($49.25)Preflop: Hero is UTG with 10spade.gif, 10club.gifHero raises to $1, 1 fold, CO calls $1, Button raises to $2.75, 2 folds, Hero raises to $69.85 (All-In), 1 fold, Button calls $34.05 (All-In)Flop: ($74.95) Jclub.gif, 3club.gif, 5heart.gif(2 players, 2 all-in)Turn: ($74.95) 5diamond.gif(2 players, 2 all-in)River: ($74.95) Jheart.gif(2 players, 2 all-in)Total pot: $74.95 | Rake: $3Results in white below: Button mucked 7club.gif, 4heart.gif (two pair, Jacks and fives).Hero had 10spade.gif, 10club.gif (two pair, Jacks and tens).Outcome: Hero won $71.95

No Costco's in South jersey. A place called Mr. Tire which I think is like a Mid-Atlantic Chain.. I think I'm gonna go back there in a few days and talk a bit more with the guy and check out my options. I'm usually sooo lazy with stuff like this and just say shippp it but figure maybe I should do some research or somethin
looking on tirerack.com I don't think you should really be paying more than $100-$125/tire, so $700 even with mounting/balancing seems high.
Actually Adam and I talked about that and there is no way you are getting called with a river raise as often as you are getting called with a turn bet. It still might be the best line but expecting to get called after you raise the river isn't one of them. At these limits people NEVER bluff raise rivers so Villain will always expect that we are raising for value, in which case he is crushed.
Swing and a miss...so i was right the first time then? :)Philadelphia Phillies are '08 world champs
No Costco's in South jersey. A place called Mr. Tire which I think is like a Mid-Atlantic Chain.. I think I'm gonna go back there in a few days and talk a bit more with the guy and check out my options. I'm usually sooo lazy with stuff like this and just say shippp it but figure maybe I should do some research or somethin
Yeah, don't know the place.As much as I hate the place, if you have Firestone in the area, I know they're ok for tires, I just don't always trust them for other things. And I know we have NTB here, but I haven't been there, I always kinda assumed they were over priced.
So today at work, I decided that whenever I do something really, really stupid when I play, I am going to post it here. This is so I have motivation not to do stupid stuff. So please be patient with me while I (hopefully) weed out my stupidity. That being said I'm having a decent month so far but just did a couple really retarded things yesterday that I need to stop doing. I'll find an example and post one later, maybe.
That sounds like a good idea, I might do this too.
I am looking to move 1k from Tilt to StarsHave Tilt $$$Want Stars $$$PM me if you can help me out
I have 1 cent on stars as long as King didn't scam me, the bastard
I've never run so bad in my life. I am moving down.
If you're still a 25NL player, don't move down to 10NL

I apologize if I've missed some Challenge thread protocol... first post here, trying to get back to playing and actually understanding. SB 43/18 over 55 hands, BB new to the table. PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP3 ($1.80)Hero (CO) ($16.05)Button ($10.15)SB ($4.90)BB ($1.85)UTG ($17)UTG+1 ($5.40)MP1 ($10)MP2 ($10.05)Preflop: Hero is CO with J :ts, A :DUTG raises to $0.20, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.20, 1 fold, SB raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.40, UTG calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30Flop: ($2) 2 :club:, 9 :D, 5 :4h(4 players)SB bets $0.50, BB raises to $1, 1 fold, Hero

I apologize if I've missed some Challenge thread protocol... first post here, trying to get back to playing and actually understanding. SB 43/18 over 55 hands, BB new to the table.
Minraises are gay + overs and nut draw = insert more money into the pot immediately.
I apologize if I've missed some Challenge thread protocol... first post here, trying to get back to playing and actually understanding. SB 43/18 over 55 hands, BB new to the table. PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP3 ($1.80)Hero (CO) ($16.05)Button ($10.15)SB ($4.90)BB ($1.85)UTG ($17)UTG+1 ($5.40)MP1 ($10)MP2 ($10.05)Preflop: Hero is CO with J :ts, A :DUTG raises to $0.20, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.20, 1 fold, SB raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.40, UTG calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30Flop: ($2) 2 :club:, 9 :D, 5 :4h(4 players)SB bets $0.50, BB raises to $1, 1 fold, Hero
Minraises are gay + overs and nut draw = insert more money into the pot immediately.
yeh we have a couple different routes to take if he's a full stack.. but being that he's a half stack... put the rest of your money into the pot.