New Challenge (old Challenge)

Wow, I didn't realize any of you guys won at showdown. I take it you have a completely different style than Jordan, Tre, Matt?
I think Tre wins at showdown. As for Matt, I believe we think similarly about a lot of hands, and I can't really point out exactly where/why our lines diverge. I know I used to be a little more breakeven at showdown, and my non-showdown winnings started going up when I started opening up a little more pf. Going from like 44/38 to 48/40.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Nice graphs RDog and Cwik, glad to see not of you get Cwiked this month.I'm staying in tonight as none of my mates will get in any bars in town because they all look like 12 year olds. Plus i'm tired and cba going anyway.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG ($21.30)Hero (MP) ($31.45)Button ($91.80)SB ($51.70)BB ($25.35)Preflop: Hero is MP with Q :club:, Q :heart:UTG calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.10, Button calls $1.10, 3 foldsFlop: ($2.80) 3 :ts, 7 :5c, 10 :D(2 players)Hero bets $2, Button calls $2Turn: ($6.80) 6 :D(2 players)Hero bets $4.50, Button calls $4.50River: ($15.80) K :4h(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $28.50, Hero calls $23.85 (All-In)Total pot: $63.50 | Rake: $3Button has 44I wish this guy wasn't a total moron so I could feel awesome about my call, but he really really was.

What are you guys being for Halloween? I wasn't planning on doing anything at first but my gf wanted to go to a party together so she can dress up like a slut so I'm going as Quailman.
I'm going to the Beau Rivage dressed as an IT man.
Oct2008.jpgMostly 2/4 (15.5k hands), some 3/6 (4300 hands), 1/2 (2550 hands), minimal 5/10 (640 hands).+1036 in rakeback and 215 in bonuses (as well as an IPod Touch in Cake points that deducts 332 from my MGR).Overall +12,706 and the 16 GB IPod Touch in monthly profits.
TY. Now lets see Lobster is a Stud.
I'll post it in a bit, not very impressive tho. Although it will be better than planned because apparently 15 minutes ago players on all my tables collectively decided that they hated their $$ and wanted me to have it, lol.
Meh, was hoping to get to 20k.Oct-2.jpg+~2k from FPPs
+1k from rakeback and rakeback freerolls. LOL @ volume.OctoberEV-1.jpg
Oct2008.jpgMostly 2/4 (15.5k hands), some 3/6 (4300 hands), 1/2 (2550 hands), minimal 5/10 (640 hands).+1036 in rakeback and 215 in bonuses (as well as an IPod Touch in Cake points that deducts 332 from my MGR).Overall +12,706 and the 16 GB IPod Touch in monthly profits.
money.jpg
What are you guys being for Halloween? I wasn't planning on doing anything at first but my gf wanted to go to a party together so she can dress up like a slut so I'm going as Quailman.
I wish I was going as this... nsfw... kinda...http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q204/caronen/P1010759.jpgEDIT: Oh, and:
Snamuh is a stud. NH sir.
I wasn't planning on doing anything at first but my gf wanted to go to a party together so she can dress up like a slut so I'm going as Quailman.
brag post and quailman is awesome!EDIT: and TTIWWP
money.jpg
I wanna buy a new HDTV/home theater system, but I know little about them. I know this topic comes up a lot, but because the technology is always changing I donno how good old info is. Anyone have any suggestions on best place to buy a new TV? Also, I went to BestBuy earlier today, and noticed the Plasma's were about half as much as the LCD's. From what I understand LCD's have a longer life span, but if that is the case I can just buy another Plasma for the same price anyways. The picture on the plasmas looked a bit better and I wont be playing any video games.
That just blew my mind.You are See Wik.
No way he's always been quickI never even considered See WikThat's just odd

sighhh i give up... my day :daydb9.jpgand my month:monthkw8.jpgsuch a shitty way to end the month... I just coudnt win the last couple of days... I think my opponents got there on the river every time i had a good holding.. sigh.. im so frustrated.soo yeh 420$ from 25nl, roughly 300 in rakeback, and about 1,000.00$ profit from mtts. 1720$ month. sigh.I was hoping to start playing 50nl by the start of november but Ill probably wait till I ahve 100k hands at 25nl. Im gonna play more mtt's in november. I think TJ is mad at me :club:.Something I was happy with was my determination in getting better at cash games. Im kind of in a weird predicament where one day Ill be playing 25nl, happy to book a 50-100$ win over a few hours of playing and the next Ill be registered for 400$+ in tournaments and genuinely angry when I get take a bad beat deep for a substantial amt. of money but didnt final table.. etc. My day today was one of the most frustrating days I've had in poker and I only lost 100$. I dono weird predicament. Im obviously not great at cash and I think starting at 25nl is the best way to go. Goals For November: 50k hands at 25nl, 1200$ from just 25nl, and watch more vids. Also final table a sunday major and put in more volume in the mtt world.edit: and I didnt start playing until the 12th of Oct.

Ok, villan is unknown here. do we bet fold the turn?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG ($15.50)UTG+1 ($5)MP1 ($31.65)MP2 ($4.10)MP3 ($21.15)CO ($25)Button ($21.75)SB ($30.75)Hero (BB) ($28.50)Preflop: Hero is BB with :D, :asUTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 calls $0.25, MP1 raises to $2, 5 folds, Hero calls $1.75, 2 foldsFlop: ($4.85) :club:, :4h, :ts(2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets $3, Hero raises to $7, MP1 calls $4Turn: ($18.85) :D(2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets $22.65 (All-In), Hero calls $19.50 (All-In)River: ($57.85) :5c(2 players, 2 all-in)Total pot: $57.85 | Rake: $2.80
This hand is a train wreck on every street.
That's the thing about HU and posting HH's. Basically every answer is always 'it depends'. And because of that, it is always easy to rationalize just about every play you ever make. That said, I think the most important thing is being able to figure out the amount of time these plays are going to be optimal, and how often you are really just spewing chips, which is entirely dependent on past hands and game flow.It is hard to say in this particular instance if this play was good or bad, because you have a much better idea of what level the two of you were playing then any of us, but this line can definitely be a spew. It is just important not lying to your self when being exploitable by taking lines like these too often. This is probably not gonna be a problem if you really do just give up on the river 99% of the time. But even then I think that's a leak, because I do feel like you can be leading the river often enough.
Excellent post.
Meh, was hoping to get to 20k.Oct-2.jpg+~2k from FPPs
Seems like a beat over that many hands
october-1.jpg+~$1500 in rakeback/bonusTotal: just under $5kDidn't play until the 15th of this month, so I didn't get nearly as many hands in as I was hoping. Ran ridic hot the first 10k hands, and then played meh the the past two days to pretty well destroy the graph (altho the +$1k day today was a nice recovery, lol)November will be huge, I can feel it.

this doesn't happen often, thought i'd post!Dealer: GIFT_4_YOU posts the small blind of $3Dealer: googoo987 posts the big blind of $6Dealer: You have been dealt [7s Td]Dealer: GIFT_4_YOU raises to $18Dealer: googoo987 calls $12Dealer: The flop is [Jd 4c 2h]Dealer: googoo987 checksDealer: GIFT_4_YOU bets $24Dealer: googoo987 calls $24Dealer: The turn is [Ks]Dealer: googoo987 checksDealer: GIFT_4_YOU bets $66Dealer: googoo987 calls $66Dealer: The river is [Ad]Dealer: googoo987 has 15 seconds left to actDealer: googoo987 bets $185Dealer: GIFT_4_YOU has 15 seconds left to actDealer: GIFT_4_YOU has requested TIMEDealer: GIFT_4_YOU raises to $580, and is all inDealer: googoo987 calls $395Dealer: GIFT_4_YOU shows Ace King highDealer: googoo987 shows a straight, Five highDealer: googoo987 wins the pot ($1,375.50) with a straight, Five highDealer: GIFT_4_YOU adds $600Dealer: Hand #8751342428Dealer: googoo987 posts the small blind of $3Dealer: GIFT_4_YOU posts the big blind of $6Dealer: You have been dealt [4c Jh]Dealer: googoo987 raises to $18Dealer: GIFT_4_YOU has 15 seconds left to actDealer: GIFT_4_YOU adds $6Dealer: GIFT_4_YOU foldsDealer: Uncalled bet of $12 returned to googoo987Dealer: googoo987 mucksDealer: googoo987 wins the pot ($12)Dealer: Hand #8751346179Dealer: GIFT_4_YOU posts the small blind of $3Dealer: googoo987 posts the big blind of $6Dealer: You have been dealt [2d 9h]Dealer: GIFT_4_YOU adds $3Dealer: GIFT_4_YOU foldsDealer: Uncalled bet of $3 returned to googoo987Dealer: googoo987 mucksDealer: googoo987 wins the pot ($6)Dealer: Hand #8751347573Dealer: googoo987 posts the small blind of $3Dealer: GIFT_4_YOU posts the big blind of $6Dealer: You have been dealt [8s 4h]Dealer: googoo987 foldsDealer: Uncalled bet of $3 returned to GIFT_4_YOUDealer: GIFT_4_YOU mucksDealer: googoo987 is sitting outDealer: GIFT_4_YOU wins the pot ($6)googoo987: gggoogoo987: glGIFT_4_YOU: LolGIFT_4_YOU: fk youGIFT_4_YOU: seriouslyGIFT_4_YOU: dont say that &!$&googoo987: tyGIFT_4_YOU: take my moneyGIFT_4_YOU: go fk yourself with itgoogoo987: took enoughGIFT_4_YOU: mother fking posGIFT_4_YOU: on your bikeGIFT_4_YOU: dont talkGIFT_4_YOU: goGIFT_4_YOU: goGIFT_4_YOU: goGIFT_4_YOU: gogoogoo987: happy halloweenGIFT_4_YOU: lolDealer: googoo987 stands upslow roll this mfer. can't believe he called two streets with a gutter. totally thought my shove would work. lol.and we call that shove overthinking. :xwas like 20 hands in or so, it tilts me so much when they say "gg, gl" right before they leave for the hit and run. just take my money and leave. dont say shit

slow roll this mfer. can't believe he called two streets with a gutter. totally thought my shove would work. lol.and we call that shove overthinking. :xwas like 20 hands in or so, it tilts me so much when they say "gg, gl" right before they leave for the hit and run. just take my money and leave. dont say shit
Can't see the hand and not defending the play, but he had 35 for an OESD right?
That just blew my mind.You are See Wik.
I am See Wik to Zach6668. Heh, it doesn't really matter, but it is a little bit confusing when I meet a FCPer in person and they are like, "quick??... oh... see wik!" The name is really old from when I was like 13 hand had to pick a name for our first AOL account. I had a quicksilver hat at the time, and thought it was cool. Quicksilver was taken, so cwiksilver it was. It didn't take me too long to realize how lame a screen name that was, and 'cwik' it became. So yeah... I suppose it would be pronounced, quick.
I am See Wik to Zach6668. Heh, it doesn't really matter, but it is a little bit confusing when I meet a FCPer in person and they are like, "quick??... oh... see wik!" The name is really old from when I was like 13 hand had to pick a name for our first AOL account. I had a quicksilver hat at the time, and thought it was cool. Quicksilver was taken, so cwiksilver it was. It didn't take me too long to realize how lame a screen name that was, and 'cwik' it became. So yeah... I suppose it would be pronounced, quick.
It's ok, back in the day, my name on AOL was Pimpalicious One.(Immediate regret of posting this, but I'm drunk.)