New Challenge (old Challenge)

Sums up my last 3 days. This is a reg.Poker Stars $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 4 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterCO: $63.45Hero (BTN): $443.45SB: $244.50BB: $245.85Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BTN with Q :D Q :D1 fold, Hero raises to $6, 1 fold, BB raises to $20, Hero raises to $62, BB raises to $245.85 all in, Hero calls $183.85Flop: ($492.70) K :4h T :5c 2 :ts(2 players - 1 is all in)Turn: ($492.70) 2 :club:(2 players - 1 is all in)River: ($492.70) A :D(2 players - 1 is all in)Final Pot: $492.70Hero mucks Q :3h Q :club:BB shows T :qh K :D (two pair, Kings and Tens)BB wins $490.70(Rake: $2.00)

• Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

I pretty much agree with both of these guys. Once you get to the river in that spot, the only hand he's likely betting for value is a king or he has a missed draw. If he bets with a king, he's virtually never folding it since people don't fold top pair, let alone trips. If he's betting the missed draw, then you're shoving your stack to win the pot where as a river lead looks like a much more standard play for Kx or a boat and it's a lot cheaper as a line for you to bluff since you only have to risk $200-$300 instead of your remaining $500.I do think that a line like this is basically never going to get credit though since it's damn near impossible to get a ton of value since you whiff on the c/r somewhere so frequently that you'd be better off just barreling your good hands.
Yea, 99% of the time I'm just gonna give up here on the river...but this game was ridiculous, the guy actually time banked forever before calling here with a K, the reason I don't like betting the river is because then I'm getting called by one pair hands also..... Also, before this hand happened I ch/r on the turn with AA and he called with like 3rd pair and got there on the river. At this point in the match I knew he was a showdown nit, but he would always call non all in bets on the flop and turn....I think checking the river gives him a chance to bluff with a light turn float, and then fold to a shove. It was def a weird hand though...I played some weird hands vs Jordan too, but I don't have PT yet and I don't remember too many of them...
graphtotal10-31.jpgWhere the graph starts to go up is when this month started. I played 20k handsPoker profit: $717Rackback: $240Credits: $128Deposit Bonus: $303Total Profit for the month of October: $1388Hope everyone had a good month.
LOL this is a guy I play with on FTP's luck graph from yesterday. hahahaha bummer :club:todayqk0.jpgMark
WTFFFFFFFFFFF!That's crazy for the hands, does he play railheaven or summat!?
I played some weird hands vs Jordan too, but I don't have PT yet and I don't remember too many of them...
Why call with such a shitty hand OOP?
Not having a go obv, genuinely interested :club:
Villain in this hand is an FCPer who I have running at 17/12/2 over 245 hands. Absolute PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:Hero: $51.22UTG+1: $101.80CO: $95.45Button: $50.75SB: $39.25BB: $45.03Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with J :D J :club:Hero raises to $1.75, 2 folds, Button raises to $6, 2 folds, Hero calls.Flop: J :D 9 :4h 3 :ts ($12.75, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $8, Hero calls.Turn: Q :5c ($28.75, 2 players)Hero checks, Button checks.River: A :D ($28.75, 2 players)Hero????
Even just minraising this flop makes the turn shoveable.

LOL. I was getting ready to go out and while I waited for the shower to heat up, I figured I'd play in an 8 dollar buy in tournament and see what would happen if I shoved every hand.First hand, I lost, but I registered late and the guy was already down 200 chips. I then won about 14 hands in a row and had a big stack. I was shoving and saying what I had every hand. Well, when I was inevitably coolered twice in a row (Q3 < A9 and 44 < AK < JJ) and knocked out of the tournament, a guy goes, "TY!". Yeah, because having someone shoving every hand and announcing their cards is a bad thing. :club:

Yea, 99% of the time I'm just gonna give up here on the river...but this game was ridiculous, the guy actually time banked forever before calling here with a K, the reason I don't like betting the river is because then I'm getting called by one pair hands also..... Also, before this hand happened I ch/r on the turn with AA and he called with like 3rd pair and got there on the river. At this point in the match I knew he was a showdown nit, but he would always call non all in bets on the flop and turn....I think checking the river gives him a chance to bluff with a light turn float, and then fold to a shove. It was def a weird hand though...I played some weird hands vs Jordan too, but I don't have PT yet and I don't remember too many of them...
That's the thing about HU and posting HH's. Basically every answer is always 'it depends'. And because of that, it is always easy to rationalize just about every play you ever make. That said, I think the most important thing is being able to figure out the amount of time these plays are going to be optimal, and how often you are really just spewing chips, which is entirely dependent on past hands and game flow.It is hard to say in this particular instance if this play was good or bad, because you have a much better idea of what level the two of you were playing then any of us, but this line can definitely be a spew. It is just important not lying to your self when being exploitable by taking lines like these too often. This is probably not gonna be a problem if you really do just give up on the river 99% of the time. But even then I think that's a leak, because I do feel like you can be leading the river often enough.
WTFFFFFFFFFFF!That's crazy for the hands, does he play railheaven or summat!?
That session was almost all 5/10nl. The hands at the bottom are probably 3500. Its Poker EV, its screwy that way it never reports them correctly.Mark
That session was almost all 5/10nl. The hands at the bottom are probably 3500. Its Poker EV, its screwy that way it never reports them correctly.Mark
Ahh, makes a lil more sense.Railheaven + Gus are both full atm
+1k from rakeback and rakeback freerolls. LOL @ volume.OctoberEV-1.jpg
Wow, I didn't realize any of you guys won at showdown. I take it you have a completely different style than Jordan, Tre, Matt?

rdog, i win at showdown too!even with all the game dynamics, i dont think that 73 hand was very good at all. Like, a few streets were def. butchered. No offense or w/e included. I butcher hands too, but I think it was pretty bad regardless of results.- Jordan