New Challenge (old Challenge)

Really weird hand from today's session. I probably should have folded the flop but he had already check raised the flop a few times, giving me the notion that he was doing it with air (perhaps I'm wrong and should have just folded because my equity against flush draws isn't even that good and most of the deck will be scare cards). Regardless, once he checked river, I decided to turn my hand into a bluff because I didn't think he'd check a big hand and didn't want to lose to some random 9x or Jx hand. Thoughts on what he could have here? All that seems to make sense is like 66/22. Note that it's only about 180 to call so there really should be no sense of fold equity from his perspective.POKERSTARS GAME #664011471000631: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($3/$6) - 2008/10/25 - 16:30:21 (ET)Table 'Cake_ Leeds (6-max) 11471' Seat #10 is the buttonSeat 1: Dons*** ($343.40 in chips)Seat 2: gna1*** ($935.25 in chips)Seat 3: Just*** ($235.85 in chips)Seat 8: Thor*** ($787.15 in chips)Seat 9: TheD*** ($1,210.05 in chips)Seat 10: SteamySammy ($597.00 in chips)Dons***: posts small blind $3gna1***: posts big blind $6*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to SteamySammy [6c 8c]Just***: foldsThor***: foldsTheD***: raises $15.00 to $21.00SteamySammy: calls $21.00Dons***: foldsgna1***: calls $15.00*** FLOP *** [6d 2d 2s]gna1***: checksTheD***: checksSteamySammy: bets $42.00gna1***: raises $98.00 to $140.00TheD***: foldsSteamySammy: calls $98.00*** TURN *** [6d 2d 2s] [Jc]gna1***: checksSteamySammy: checks*** RIVER *** [6d 2d 2s Jc] [9d]gna1***: checksSteamySammy: bets $255.00gna1***: raises $519.25 to $774.25 and is all-inSteamySammy?
What do you think his check/raising range is on the flop??
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Wat
He means that the villain can expect to have no fold equity so he should never be bluffing.
Really weird hand from today's session. I probably should have folded the flop but he had already check raised the flop a few times, giving me the notion that he was doing it with air (perhaps I'm wrong and should have just folded because my equity against flush draws isn't even that good and most of the deck will be scare cards). Regardless, once he checked river, I decided to turn my hand into a bluff because I didn't think he'd check a big hand and didn't want to lose to some random 9x or Jx hand. Thoughts on what he could have here? All that seems to make sense is like 66/22. Note that it's only about 180 to call so there really should be no sense of fold equity from his perspective.POKERSTARS GAME #664011471000631: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($3/$6) - 2008/10/25 - 16:30:21 (ET)Table 'Cake_ Leeds (6-max) 11471' Seat #10 is the buttonSeat 1: Dons*** ($343.40 in chips)Seat 2: gna1*** ($935.25 in chips)Seat 3: Just*** ($235.85 in chips)Seat 8: Thor*** ($787.15 in chips)Seat 9: TheD*** ($1,210.05 in chips)Seat 10: SteamySammy ($597.00 in chips)Dons***: posts small blind $3gna1***: posts big blind $6*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to SteamySammy [6c 8c]Just***: foldsThor***: foldsTheD***: raises $15.00 to $21.00SteamySammy: calls $21.00Dons***: foldsgna1***: calls $15.00*** FLOP *** [6d 2d 2s]gna1***: checksTheD***: checksSteamySammy: bets $42.00gna1***: raises $98.00 to $140.00TheD***: foldsSteamySammy: calls $98.00*** TURN *** [6d 2d 2s] [Jc]gna1***: checksSteamySammy: checks*** RIVER *** [6d 2d 2s Jc] [9d]gna1***: checksSteamySammy: bets $255.00gna1***: raises $519.25 to $774.25 and is all-inSteamySammy?
I haven't played 6max for awhile, but seems to me like this is not a great spot to turn your hand into a bluff. I like betting the Ad a whole lot more if I'm gonna bet it. But for the most part, I like just checking behind because you have a hand with showdown value. Doesn't seem like you fold out Jx/9x/TT-77 enough, plus the fact that he can be slow playing the flush or boat.
Flush draws, 66, 22, air. I don't think he'd C/R an overpair here.
Personally I don't think a flush draw shows up here a lot of the time, he is check raising a presumably naked flush draw into both you and the original PF raiser? Or is the villan particularly aggro?Agree that 66 and 22 make a lot of sense.
Personally I don't think a flush draw shows up here a lot of the time, he is check raising a presumably naked flush draw into both you and the original PF raiser? Or is the villan particularly aggro?Agree that 66 and 22 make a lot of sense.
Not sure how much experience you have playing in aggressive, midstakes games but it's fairly common for people to check raise flush draws on this board simply because it's difficult for me to continue with most of my range. The top of my range is typically going to be 66/22, followed by hands like 77-TT, and occasionally big flush draws myself. With medium pair hands and 6x hands, it's going to be really hard for me to continue.
Not sure how much experience you have playing in aggressive, midstakes games but it's fairly common for people to check raise flush draws on this board simply because it's difficult for me to continue with most of my range. The top of my range is typically going to be 66/22, followed by hands like 77-TT, and occasionally big flush draws myself. With medium pair hands and 6x hands, it's going to be really hard for me to continue.
No experience. Wasn't suggesting you were wrong, just couldn't see the reasoning, but that was a really good post, certainly learned something , thanks Brett:)
No experience. Wasn't suggesting you were wrong, just couldn't see the reasoning, but that was a really good post, certainly learned something , thanks Brett:)
Oh I know you weren't. I was just trying to emphasize that with the aggressive nature of the games, people play all sorts of draws fast.

I've been finding it hard to find time to play, what with studying and alcohol being prioritised.As such, I am grateful to daylight saving time for giving me one free hour in which to play.:club:

I've been finding it hard to find time to play, what with studying and alcohol being prioritised.As such, I am grateful to daylight saving time for giving me one free hour in which to play.:club:
Is tonight the night to change the clocks?
Next weekend I believe.
LOLAlways Spring Forward and Fall Back.....so back.Next weekend!
So we change our clocks at different times?Really do learn something new every day.

LOL...BB vs SB. Love the chat after...PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $3.00+$0.30 Tournament, 100/200 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG+1 (t3580)MP1 (t11510)MP2 (t2495)MP3 (t5900)CO (t2770)Button (t10175)SB (t13855)Hero (BB) (t5480)UTG (t10670)Hero's M: 18.27Preflop: Hero is BB with 8club.gif, 9spade.gif7 folds, SB calls t100, Hero checksFlop: (t400) 10spade.gif, 3diamond.gif, 7spade.gif(2 players)SB bets t800, Hero calls t800Turn: (t2000) Jclub.gif(2 players)SB bets t12855 (All-In), Hero calls t4480 (All-In)River: (t10960) Jheart.gif(2 players, 2 all-in)Total pot: t10960Results in white below: SB had Aclub.gif, Aheart.gif (two pair, Aces and Jacks).Hero had 8club.gif, 9spade.gif (straight, Jack high).Outcome: Hero won t10960itm_247 said, "cute flop"itm_247 said, "lucky mother****er"specbrad said, "lol, thx for the limp"Dirkbowler said, "lol"itm_247 said, "waste raising your stupid ***"itm_247 said, "played it horribly, granted"specbrad said, "ok"itm_247 said, "bad part is if i push the flop you woulda called"specbrad said, "maybe :0"itm_247 said, "and i actually gave you horrible odds to call that flop"itm_247 said, "only doubled the pot"itm_247 said, "but i guess you'd have to know pot odds for that to matter to you"specbrad said, "LOL"specbrad said, "dude u limped...I flopped OESD, you could have anything"itm_247 said, "pot odds goes out the window when you have an open ender...it's in chapter 3 of harringtons"specbrad said, "u pushed into the nuts"specbrad said, "hand over"itm_247 said, "you had bad odds to call flop"specbrad said, "Heh"itm_247 said, "HORRIBLE odds"itm_247 said, "so like i say"itm_247 said, "bad call"specbrad said, "good luck, keep on trucking, I mean limping"

Does anyone play it differently? Villian 36/15/1.4PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comCO ($14.50)Hero (Button) ($176.15)SB ($101.10)BB ($160.50)UTG ($120.05)MP ($114.60)Preflop: Hero is Button with 10club.gif, 9club.gif3 folds, Hero raises to $3, 1 fold, BB calls $2Flop: ($6.50) 10spade.gif, 9spade.gif, Kdiamond.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $4, BB calls $4Turn: ($14.50) 9diamond.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $6, BB raises to $16, Hero calls $10River: ($46.50) Kclub.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero checksTotal pot: $46.50 | Rake: $2.25

So we change our clocks at different times?Really do learn something new every day.
Daylight Saving Time ChangesOn August 8, 2005, President Bush signed into law a 1,724-page energy bill that, among other things, changes the starting and ending dates for daylight saving time (DST). Prior to 2007, DST starts on the first Sunday in April and ends on the last Sunday in October. Starting in 2007, DST will start on the second Sunday in March (3 weeks earlier) and end on the first Sunday in November (1 week later).

LOL @ people that have to change their clocks twice a year.We just had a halloween party for Kaelyn's first grade class at the most ridiculous house I've ever been too. Mansion with a view of Camelback worth at least 8million probably more. I need to win some tournaments or something to keep up with the joneses. The dad plays some poker with friends, so hopefully I can get in on this homegame.Mark