New Challenge (old Challenge)

Guys, Don't play alot of NL Cash.....Is my raise too much on the button? Flop bet is good right....
I like preflop. I'd personally bet a little less on the flop and more on the turn as played.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Lets talk about presession preperations.How many of you make sure that your not hungry, have to pee, in a good mindset before you play? Does everyone have something to drink next to them while they play? Who else likes to put in a quick 15min work out session before they play?Sometimes I feel like I build myself up a little too much before a session, like it's some big event.

Lets talk about presession preperations.How many of you make sure that your not hungry, have to pee, in a good mindset before you play? Does everyone have something to drink next to them while they play? Who else likes to put in a quick 15min work out session before they play?Sometimes I feel like I build myself up a little too much before a session, like it's some big event.
Definitely need to throw rubbing one out into the routine.
nope, this is extremely important to me too. why wouldn't you put yourself at every possible mental advantage?
gotta make sure i drop a nice deuce before any solid session about to be had. get in the mindset of not caring about the money and w/e happens is going to happen. then i listen to a couple of pump up songs i guess to get the adrenaline going. make sure the girlfriend is occupied with something else so she doesn't bother the crap out of me. good to go
Definitely need to throw rubbing one out into the routine.
Definitely add this.
Son's birthday is today. Just bought him Saints vs. Falcons tickets. He should be pleased.
So you payed like $10/ticket?
Occasionally I add this to my routine.
1. rub one out. 2. play session. 3. ?????? 4. Profit
i like to buy something expensive that i can't afford right before to motivate me. i just bought a car, for example. RUN GOOD ONE TIME
You have guaranteed yourself to run bad for a period of time no less than 3 months.

Really weird hand from today's session. I probably should have folded the flop but he had already check raised the flop a few times, giving me the notion that he was doing it with air (perhaps I'm wrong and should have just folded because my equity against flush draws isn't even that good and most of the deck will be scare cards). Regardless, once he checked river, I decided to turn my hand into a bluff because I didn't think he'd check a big hand and didn't want to lose to some random 9x or Jx hand. Thoughts on what he could have here? All that seems to make sense is like 66/22. Note that it's only about 180 to call so there really should be no sense of fold equity from his perspective.POKERSTARS GAME #664011471000631: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($3/$6) - 2008/10/25 - 16:30:21 (ET)Table 'Cake_ Leeds (6-max) 11471' Seat #10 is the buttonSeat 1: Dons*** ($343.40 in chips)Seat 2: gna1*** ($935.25 in chips)Seat 3: Just*** ($235.85 in chips)Seat 8: Thor*** ($787.15 in chips)Seat 9: TheD*** ($1,210.05 in chips)Seat 10: SteamySammy ($597.00 in chips)Dons***: posts small blind $3gna1***: posts big blind $6*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to SteamySammy [6c 8c]Just***: foldsThor***: foldsTheD***: raises $15.00 to $21.00SteamySammy: calls $21.00Dons***: foldsgna1***: calls $15.00*** FLOP *** [6d 2d 2s]gna1***: checksTheD***: checksSteamySammy: bets $42.00gna1***: raises $98.00 to $140.00TheD***: foldsSteamySammy: calls $98.00*** TURN *** [6d 2d 2s] [Jc]gna1***: checksSteamySammy: checks*** RIVER *** [6d 2d 2s Jc] [9d]gna1***: checksSteamySammy: bets $255.00gna1***: raises $519.25 to $774.25 and is all-inSteamySammy?

Really weird hand from today's session. I probably should have folded the flop but he had already check raised the flop a few times, giving me the notion that he was doing it with air (perhaps I'm wrong and should have just folded because my equity against flush draws isn't even that good and most of the deck will be scare cards). Regardless, once he checked river, I decided to turn my hand into a bluff because I didn't think he'd check a big hand and didn't want to lose to some random 9x or Jx hand. Thoughts on what he could have here? All that seems to make sense is like 66/22. Note that it's only about 180 to call so there really should be no sense of fold equity from his perspective.POKERSTARS GAME #664011471000631: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($3/$6) - 2008/10/25 - 16:30:21 (ET)Table 'Cake_ Leeds (6-max) 11471' Seat #10 is the buttonSeat 1: Dons*** ($343.40 in chips)Seat 2: gna1*** ($935.25 in chips)Seat 3: Just*** ($235.85 in chips)Seat 8: Thor*** ($787.15 in chips)Seat 9: TheD*** ($1,210.05 in chips)Seat 10: SteamySammy ($597.00 in chips)Dons***: posts small blind $3gna1***: posts big blind $6*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to SteamySammy [6c 8c]Just***: foldsThor***: foldsTheD***: raises $15.00 to $21.00SteamySammy: calls $21.00Dons***: foldsgna1***: calls $15.00*** FLOP *** [6d 2d 2s]gna1***: checksTheD***: checksSteamySammy: bets $42.00gna1***: raises $98.00 to $140.00TheD***: foldsSteamySammy: calls $98.00*** TURN *** [6d 2d 2s] [Jc]gna1***: checksSteamySammy: checks*** RIVER *** [6d 2d 2s Jc] [9d]gna1***: checksSteamySammy: bets $255.00gna1***: raises $519.25 to $774.25 and is all-inSteamySammy?
SteamySammy folds. I think this line is a flush more than anything but sometimes it could be a 2x hand. I'm not sure what his bb defending range is but A2 might be the only 2x possiblity. I think calling the river is close to lighting 180 dollars on fire because I can't see a hand you beat and like you said, it looks like he has no fold equity.So yeah, I'm pretty sure he has a flush with this line.I don't turn my hand into a bluff on the river either because if he did somehow snag a Jack, is he the type of player to fold it?
Guys, Don't play alot of NL Cash.....Is my raise too much on the button? Flop bet is good right....PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comCO ($19.65)Hero (Button) ($24.70)SB ($24.75)BB ($15.50)UTG ($26.15)MP ($10.90)Preflop: Hero is Button with Adiamond.gif, Aclub.gifUTG raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3.25, 1 fold, BB calls $3, 1 foldFlop: ($7.35) 6club.gif, 8heart.gif, Kspade.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $6, BB calls $6Turn: ($19.35) 9club.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $6.25, 1 foldTotal pot: $19.35 | Rake: $0.95Results in white below: Hero didn't showOutcome: Hero won $18.40
Typically I'd make it 2.75-3 preflop, but if they're willing to pay extra to play oop keep doing it. Bet just a bit less on the flop (like 5.50) tho. I think I might check the turn and let him bluff off his chips.

i have run so disgustingly good this month....i hope it never stops...please ignore evidence below if you are not also running goodtoday, grinding out my bonus:screenshot1025306qf8.pngthe month so far:screenshot10253727jp1.pngthis is all 100NL...plus another 1k in 200NL and a 650 VIP bonus

SteamySammy folds. I think this line is a flush more than anything but sometimes it could be a 2x hand. I'm not sure what his bb defending range is but A2 might be the only 2x possiblity. I think calling the river is close to lighting 180 dollars on fire because I can't see a hand you beat and like you said, it looks like he has no fold equity.So yeah, I'm pretty sure he has a flush with this line.I don't turn my hand into a bluff on the river either because if he did somehow snag a Jack, is he the type of player to fold it?
I folded, but that really wasn't my question. Was more curious about what hands he is playing that way. I don't think he'd play a 2x hand this way and I do think he'd likely fold a jack on the river, especially as he would expect me to check back 6x, 77, 88, etc.
I do all of what you mentioned. Right now I have music on, full bottle of water, phone is on silent, bowels are empty, i'm perfectly awake and i'm focusing on the task at hand.EDIT: (and i'm still probably going to drop in a buy in or 5 :club:)
easy fold. no fold equity and you can't beat much.
As you say easy fold. I think this may be a boat made on the turn or river, I think your hand looks a lot like the flush and he doesn't seem scared of it, or he has a high flush. Meh, I think boat 99922. I don't know what flush hand makes that move on the flop?Edit: Any specifics on villan?