New Challenge (old Challenge)

IMO if you arent the type of person to tilt away your bankroll chasing limits and whatnot then strict BR mgt should not be the issue at the lowest stakes. as has been said before, the idea is to get out of the lowest limits ASAP. that and getting better. if you have the skill to beat the lower limits then take a shot to get out of there. if you do not have the skill to beat that limit or the next then you should be playing the highest limit that you can beat and working on your game. the risk of going broke is worth the reward of taking the shot if you are properly skilled for the limit you are shooting for.
I have been prone to tilt at times, am working very hard on that too. Usually I'm just walking away now when things don't go my way, taking a break. So if I'm playing agressively within my BR and something doesn't work out, I'm worried it could hurt. Whereas if I have plenty of backup, I feel it will affect me less and I will play better
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

I have been prone to tilt at times, am working very hard on that too. Usually I'm just walking away now when things don't go my way, taking a break. So if I'm playing agressively within my BR and something doesn't work out, I'm worried it could hurt. Whereas if I have plenty of backup, I feel it will affect me less and I will play better
then dont play out of your roll.
This happened to my friend yesterday, FYI. Be careful.http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/107193
happened to me like a week and a half ago. it was on a site that lets you watch tv shows online. it also will show on any antivirus program you have as programs that are allowed to access the internet, so watch out for weird programs that you don't usually run popping up looking for internet access.
good song imo. and to prove my worth, a haikumany new faces still glad to see thread returnto true purpose: jeansalso : wtf http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/terrencehoward_blog.html

The last 3 nights before my big losing graph (I'm working on volume, but didn't get to play much last night because I wasn't feeling well):Oct19-21.jpg1089 hands at 2/4 = +2662.40, 433 hands at 3/6 = +1227.20Recovery seems to be going well!

Can anyone remember what the 2+2 thread that Bull posted the link to was called? I can't find Bulls linkNice Graph Snamuh

HOLY SH I T I'M LEAVING FOR TAMPA IN ABOUT 6 HOURS.. Luke is picking me up at the airport at 11 am... GO PHILLLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLLAAAAAAAAAA!
Dude, not sure if you'll see this, but we should hit up a poker room and play a stupid tournament or 5-10NL 100 max buy in before you leave. LCBALLA make this happen.
Dude, not sure if you'll see this, but we should hit up a poker room and play a stupid tournament or 5-10NL 100 max buy in before you leave. LCBALLA make this happen.
lololol on it pm'ng u my #
Yeh I think that's it - just goin thru it now, it was the one where he talks about the mental side of the game - ty
Snamuh/Cwik/others, what program are you using for those graphs?
PockerTracker can do them, as does HEM - PT has a free 60day trial
Yeh I think that's it - just goin thru it now, it was the one where he talks about the mental side of the game - tyPockerTracker can do them, as does HEM - PT has a free 60day trial
I use realtime HUD but do have a version of PT so I might start using that again; I'm pretty sure it will boost my game. Thanks
lololol on it pm'ng u my #
Ha, let me know when guys and I'll try to meet up also.

21/17/2.5 over 80 hands 100% cbet and 6% 3 bet but has been playing more aggro this session (certainly 3 betting wise).PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $10+$1 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG ($93.90)Hero (Button) ($64.40)SB ($29.10)BB ($39.40)Preflop: Hero is Button with Kclub.gif, Aspade.gifUTG raises to $1, Hero raises to $3, 2 folds, UTG raises to $9.25, Hero calls $6.25Flop: ($18.85) 10heart.gif, Adiamond.gif, 3spade.gif(2 players)UTG bets $12, Hero calls $12Turn: ($42.85) 7club.gif(2 players)UTG checks, Hero checksRiver: ($42.85) Jheart.gif(2 players)UTG bets $22, Hero calls $22Total pot: $86.85 | Rake: $2I was checking the turn to induce a bluff on the river. I think a bet on the turn may have caused him to check fold the river? I thought AQ/JJ/QQ being his more likely holdings?Although I probably should have raised the river if I wanted more value (but his most likely holdings fold?)

I don't think someone with those stats reraises AQ - JJ+ is more likely unless you have a mental imageI don't mind the way thats played, i'd check the turn for pot control along with inducing bets too. Given the small bet on the river you're likely head, but I don't know if raising is good, someone better than me can prolly give you a better idea