• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

A footnote on the definition of variance and why it's important, mostly paraphrased from Chen:The poker community has conflated negative swings with variance. Why is that? It's tempting (and common) to attribute a negative swing to bad shit the cards did to me and attribute positive swings to genius play, and thus grossly overestimate our win rates.I'm not accusing Snamuh of this in particular, but the reason for our general fuzzy use of the term isn't really harmless.

You may well still be right.
You're probably right: I have never used PT3 and suspected it may be something to do with the specifics of the PT3 HUD. I also have only used PT2 + PAHUD, so ∞ means infinity and N/A means "Not applicable: situation has never arisen". I suppose on PT3 HUD, NA has a double meaning...
Seriously I need some ritalin or adderall or something, Every session is the same, I start on 4/5 tables and dominate, within 2 hours I am on 12 and am failing miserably.
Wat?
A footnote on the definition of variance and why it's important, mostly paraphrased from Chen:The poker community has conflated negative swings with variance. Why is that? It's tempting (and common) to attribute a negative swing to bad shit the cards did to me and attribute positive swings to genius play, and thus grossly overestimate our win rates.I'm not accusing Snamuh of this in particular, but the reason for our general fuzzy use of the term isn't really harmless.
WOAH, SERIOUSLY?
4/5 tables just becomes not enough. I need MORE. Seriously, when I play poker I end up playing, watching TV, posting on forums and listenig to music all at once.
Are you Exmatts new account?
:club: But it's a serious problem and god damn annoying. Can't focus on any one thing.
Hmmm You play good when you are sitting at 4/5 tables, and really shitty when you have 11/12 going.....Thats a real dilema no ****ing idea how you are gonna be able to fix that. Maybe someone else here can give you some advice, Cause Im STUMPED. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Hmmm You play good when you are sitting at 4/5 tables, and really shitty when you have 11/12 going.....Thats a real dilema no ****ing idea how you are gonna be able to fix that. Maybe someone else here can give you some advice, Cause Im STUMPED. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
I wasn't asking for advice on it was was I dick?!Just playing with ya. But yeah I obviously have to stop adding tables, but I actually find it really hard not to. Seems like I am always needing to take some sort of action.
WOAH, SERIOUSLY?
I guess that means you think it's an obvious point. But we still managed to **** it up in this very thread.
I guess that means you think it's an obvious point. But we still managed to **** it up in this very thread.
LOL. Can you post a graph of all your amazing results? You seem to know the game so much better than every consistent big money winner in this thread, and can easily solve all of their problems with trivial advice that people here were aware of 3-4 years ago, like "variance doesn't only count when you're losing".This is where I get really annoyed, when people that have done nothing come in here and arrogantly preach to huge, consistent winners.

OK, so in conclusion CR is a really pretty site but the functionality in some places sucks absolute balls. 'Please enter the code shown' I AM ENTERING EXACTLY WHAT I SEE. I KNOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO STOP BOTS BUT IT'S NOT MUCH USE WHEN A HUMAN CAN'T DECIPHER IT.I am unamused.

LOL. Can you post a graph of all your amazing results? You seem to know the game so much better than every consistent big money winner in this thread, and can easily solve all of their problems with trivial advice that people here were aware of 3-4 years ago, like "variance doesn't only count when you're losing".This is where I get really annoyed, when people that have done nothing come in here and arrogantly preach to huge, consistent winners.
This is basically a ridiculously huge QFT.
I hope you'll give me credit for specifically not attributing that mindset to anybody in here. That mindset in the poker world in general is the underlying cause for the use of the term. When huge, consistent winners get their theory wrong; it's still wrong.
I hope you'll give me credit for specifically not attributing that mindset to anybody in here. That mindset in the poker world in general is the underlying cause for the use of the term. When huge, consistent winners get their theory wrong; it's still wrong.
Please go on.... Unlike these other morons Id like to learn.
But chances are they aren't wrong seeing as they are huge consistent winners?
Contradict yourself much?
Contradict yourself much?
There's a subtlety here that I didn't suceed in communicating.I don't think Snamuh or anyone else in this thread believes his downswings are due to luck and his upswings are due to skill. Other people, who do believe this, have caused confusion by applying the term variance only to the downswings. It causes even smart people to think variance means downswings.Smart people shouldn't shrug and use the term wrongly, unless they specifically want to confuse the stupid people.
There's a subtlety here that I didn't suceed in communicating.I don't think Snamuh or anyone else in this thread believes his downswings are due to luck and his upswings are due to skill. Other people, who do believe this, have caused confusion by applying the term variance only to the downswings. It causes even smart people to think variance means downswings.Smart people shouldn't shrug and use the term wrongly, unless they specifically want to confuse the stupid people.
Yea, except no one is doing that.Cite me one example by a long-term winner in this thread specifically applying the term variance only to downswings i(n a serious manner) and I'll ship you $50. I mean, are we really having this discussion?I don't care what the stupid people believe.Where's that graph of yours?
Yea, except no one is doing that.Cite me one example by a long-term winner in this thread specifically applying the term variance only to downswings i(n a serious manner) and I'll ship you $50. I mean, are we really having this discussion?I don't care what the stupid people believe.Where's that graph of yours?
I'm losing right now. It's because of variance. Send me $50.DUCY?