• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Those guys aren't fat. They're just BIG. They can still move.
I'm sure they can all throw a fastball 95 mph too (CC Sabathia). Or are we talking about the hand-eye coordination it takes to hit 50 homeruns in a season (Prince Fielder)?
I'm sure they can all throw a fastball 95 mph too (CC Sabathia). Or are we talking about the hand-eye coordination it takes to hit 50 homeruns in a season (Prince Fielder)?
Ugh. You dont understand, I'm just lead to believe you've never actually played an organized sport in your life if you think you need to be athletic to play baseball. You mentioned top players who are a bit overweight, and you mention their roles, which have nothing to do with being athletic at all. So this argument is clearly over.
Ugh. You dont understand, I'm just lead to believe you've never actually played an organized sport in your life if you think you need to be athletic to play baseball. You mentioned top players who are a bit overweight, and you mention their roles, which have nothing to do with being athletic at all. So this argument is clearly over.
So is running fast the only criteria for being athletic? I haven't heard about too many 4.3 40's in the NBA.
What's a good way to measure the best athlete? Most people say the winner of the decathlon in the Olympics, cause it tests many different skill sets. The decathlon includes shot putt, discus, and javelin, all throwing events. Athleticism is not just who can run in a straight line the fastest.
So this argument is clearly over.
While we're on the subject. Athleticism is about being strong too, right? I can probably bench more then Omar Vizquel, but after watch him play shortstop for the 15 years, he is definitely one of the greatest athletes I've ever seen.Also, why don't you personally make millions of dollars pitching for the Blue Jays? It's not cause their pitchers are smarter then you (some might disagree with this statement) or that it'd be too boring for you to make it worth your time. It's cause they can do something athletically that you can't.
What's a good way to measure the best athlete? Most people say the winner of the decathlon in the Olympics, cause it tests many different skill sets. The decathlon includes shot putt, discus, and javelin, all throwing events. Athleticism is not just who can run in a straight line the fastest.
Personally I think Hockey, Soccer and Basketball players are the most athletic. I'm not pitching in the majors because I don't have the arm for it. Some people are just naturally able to throw heaters and have the skill to throw change ups and curve balls. Its funny how people who dont even play sports get so defensive when someone speaks their mind about a certain one.
Why do you guys keep arguing with a known idiot?
You're an idiot.Also they're really ****ing bad at arguing. Usually they end up supporting my argument without even realizing it. . .
Personally I think Hockey, Soccer and Basketball players are the most athletic.
This conversation isn't about who is the most athletic, it's about you claiming baseball players aren't athletes at all. Edit: also being the most athletic doesn't make something more or less interesting to watch. I can't stand watching the hurdles in the Olympics, but I love curling.
I'm not pitching in the majors because I don't have the arm for it. Some people are just naturally able to throw heaters and have the skill to throw change ups and curve balls.
Nobody is arguing natural born talent is a big part of being a great athlete.
Why do you guys keep arguing with a known idiot?
Point well taken.

Thank you sir, may I have another?http://www.pokerhand.org/?3275486This dude showed Js7s as he folded. Was pretty sure he was gonna try and bluff 3bet me there as I'd won a few pots in a row vs him but I don't think I can flat there after showing so much strength. I could only hope he was raising AA/AK or some flush draw for value and stuck it in.http://www.pokerhand.org/?3275493

Those guys aren't fat. They're just BIG. They can still move.
You're an idiot.Also they're really ****ing bad at arguing. Usually they end up supporting my argument without even realizing it. . .
soccer plays are athletic bc they can run forever? basketball players are athletic bc they can jump high?Hockey is a legit argument...baseball simply requires a different type of athleticism than the other sports
This conversation isn't about who is the most athletic, it's about you claiming baseball players aren't athletes at all.
Ya and I haven't seen anyone say anything to negate my argument about baseball players being able to compete while overweight and out of shape.Nobody is arguing natural born talent is a big part of being a great athlete. Neither am I. You asked a retarded question so I gave my answer.
soccer plays are athletic bc they can run forever? basketball players are athletic bc they can jump high?Hockey is a legit argument...baseball simply requires a different type of athleticism than the other sports
Care to elaborate on these different types of athleticism?Being able to run forever and jump high are pretty impressive feats of athleticism. If you've ever played soccer or basketball you'd know that you have to be in the best shape possible to be competative.
Hockey isn't much different than soccer.
Hockey isn't much different than soccer.
LOLHAHAHAHAHAHAAAnd you have the audacity to call me an idiot??Holy christ can you look in the mirror and repeat your post while keeping a straight face? Seriously, can you?

i would agree that hockey requires the most athleticism out of the "big 3"hockey, baseball, footballbut to say that baseball doesnt require far more atheticism than you're implying is silly

LOLHAHAHAHAHAHAAAnd you have the audacity to call me an idiot??Holy christ can you look in the mirror and repeat your post while keeping a straight face? Seriously, can you?
Any day of the week.

Manage your ignored usersThis section allows you to set up your ignored users list.When you add a user to your ignore list, any posts they make will be masked until you specify that you wish to read them. You may not be able to ignore users if they are in a member group which doesn't allow them to be added.Name Group Posts Ex_Matt Members 1326

Remember like a few weeks ago when our resident troll said that he'd improved and been better? Total regression (if that's possible)Onto the point, I can't speak for baseball as I don't watch or follow it at all. So I guess I don't really have a point, except that AFL would be one of the most athletic sports there is.

soccer plays are athletic bc they can run forever?
Is what you are trying to get at is that soccer players are only good runners because that's very laughable. Look at almost any pro soccer players muscle definition and it will be more impressive then any other athlete. Also, they do get a bad rap for diving but the strength it takes some of these guys to fend of tackles is immense. Plus the coordination to play is incredible as well.I don't really wanna get into the debate too much but each sport obviously has a different skill set and talent to reach the top. Some baseball players might not be as physically fit as a basketball player but they posses other athletic qualities that make them succeed in what they do. Being physically fit is not the same as possessing high quality athletic traits which I don't think Matt can distinguish from the 2.