New Challenge (old Challenge)

If someone is 3 betting liberally and way too often, I'll play hands like J8s, 78s and the like. A10 or better I'll call or 4 bet usually. I generally don't like to play hands like KJo or A7 in 3 bet pots because even if you hit, you really don't know where you stand when you're opponent keeps firing. Some people tend to get the idea that "I've got an Ace, I must be ahead of his range HU". I just find it easier to avoid those spots, and let him take my 3bb PF raise. But ya, these are generally the rules I follow, but sometimes Ill get crazy with 63s and get involved in hands I have no business in, stack a guy, and he proceeds to go on monkey tilt and lose 4 buyins.
If someone is 3betting too much and isn't really folding to your 4bets, start min raising and limping.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

If someone is 3betting too much and isn't really folding to your 4bets, start min raising and limping.
Yeah, this tilts the hair off of people.

finally a damn winning session!08222008144117kp4.pngI started playing alot less hands OOP, still playing way too many hands. What types of hands should I be folding when in a uncontested SB? playing Suited connectors. any ace, all PP, and J10+.

I think I have a tilt problem. But its subtle and hard to recognize. It's not like I'm punching holes in the walls or anything. It seems like if I take a bad beat or two I become even more of a POW than usual. For instance, today, I raise an EP limper with AA. Limper calls, xxx flop. Limper leads, I raise, limper min-raises, I shove, limper has KK, river K. Shortly after I raise AK in MP, BB calls. Flop comes Kxx w/2 clubs. BB checks, I bet, BB calls, turn x, same action, river Xc. Limper shoves for $24. I'll fold this all day long when things are going well, but when they're not, well, I couldn't have gotten drawn out on again could I? Of course I could have. BB had K7cc. When I'm playing well, I think I'm folding almost all marginal spots. Advice??????? This is getting pretty ridiculous.
Yea im doing that same thing. I think that just goes along with if your not in the right mood to play dont play. I usually dont listen to myself when I say I should probably take a break.
8 hours and winning? Never heard of such a thing.
I was up the first two, then stuck for about the next 4, then a huge donk sat and now I'm up about 2.5 buyins again.
This is my month so far.... guess at which point I bought the item below.There is my run good secret, so everyone go to Staples ASAP
Ship it
One more hand, I'd like thoughts on all streets... Villain is 27/22 over 50 handsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (SB) ($60.10)BB ($95.80)UTG ($59.15)MP ($31.70)CO ($42.70)Button ($35.40)Preflop: Hero is SB with Jspade.gif 8spade.gif3 folds, Button raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5.00, 1 fold, Button calls $3.50Flop: ($10.50) 3spade.gif 9heart.gif Adiamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets $8.25, Button calls $8.25Turn: ($27.00) 10spade.gif(2 players)Hero bets $25.00, Button calls $22.15 (All-In)River: ($71.30) Jdiamond.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $71.30 | Rake: $3.00
I don't see him folding many aces to the turn shove. He isn't folding AK/AQ/AT/A9, so you're hoping he folds AJ (maybe occasionally a lower suited ace) or he has JJ-QQ (maybe occasionally KK).If we check, he might check behind with an ace, and allow us to draw for free. He might bet $10, let us draw cheaply and then pay off the last ~$12.It's closer than you think.
Going back to this hand, which was diverted by a lot of retarded spam....How can you rather check/call here than shove on the turn. Your logic of "He might bet $10, let us draw cheaply and then pay off the last ~$12" is pretty terrible imo. First off, I don't like 3betting this to begin with because you don't have a ton of fold equity vs this stack size. If you check the turn and he shoves (which he will do often I believe), you don't have the odds to call. However, the times you get JJ-KK to fold, make a shove way better than a check/call. If he folds like A-rag suited, it's even more profitable.The main mistake here is 3betting here with a speculative hand vs an awkward stack. If he is actually a decent 27/22 player, then you have more fold equity and a turn shove >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> check/call. If he's a donkish player with an awkward stack, a shove is still better, but you are going to get called a lot more.

Thought this was pretty sexy... until the result, lol.Villain is a pretty decent reg. Usually doesn't get out of line, but we had been battling pretty big in the blinds (I am on his immediate left at a different table, so twice the fun). Decided to slow down and try to trap him, and it worked...Absolute PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $1/$24 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $319.86Button: $537.15Hero: $198BB: $431.75Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is SB with :5c:club:2 folds, Hero raises to $8, BB raises to $24, Hero calls.Flop: :D :D :ts ($48, 2 players)Hero checks, BB checks.Turn: :4h ($48, 2 players)Hero checks, BB bets $31, Hero raises to $99, BB INSTA-raises to $345, Hero calls all-in $75.Uncalled bets: $171 returned to BB.River: :D ($396, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $396)Results:Final pot: $396Hero Shows Ac AhBB Shows Jc Kd