New Challenge (old Challenge)

Anybody smarter than me, I meant. Which would be most of you :club:
Unfortunately all those people play on Stars. Sounds like you are screwed. Try Pocket 5's.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

I thought so.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)BB ($139.90)Hero ($64.35)MP ($67.65)CO ($51.65)Button ($54.55)SB ($38.20)Preflop: Hero is UTG with 4h.gif, 4c.gif. Hero raises to $1.75, 2 folds, Button calls $1.75, 2 folds.Flop: ($4.25) 2s.gif, 3h.gif, 5d.gif(2 players)Hero bets $2.5, Button calls $2.50.Turn: ($9.25) jd.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $7, Hero calls $7.River: ($23.25) 8s.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $15.5, Hero calls $15.50.Final Pot: $54.25Results in white below: Hero has 4h 4c (one pair, fours). Button has 4d Td (high card, jack). Outcome: Hero wins $54.25.

Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.255 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $39.35CO: $8.60Button: $33.20SB: $50Hero: $47.70Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with :club::tsUTG raises to $0.85, CO raises all-in $8.6, Button calls, SB folds, Hero raises all-in $47.7go for isolation or raise less? CO must have just lost @ the FT of a tourney because he's shipping preflop at least once an orbit and has gotten back up to his current stack from ~$1 like this. button is tag. UTG newish to the table. i ended up shoving because if button is thinking, he has to think that i know he wants to play pots w/ utg - whose shipping range has been demonstrated to be wide. so shoving can look weaker than a smaller bet, and stack sizes make a smaller bet kinda difficult...

TR from my AC trip:Drove 3.5 hours, started off @ the Borgata. Played for 2 hours and the table was breaking down and only decent players remained. I asked for a table change and they refused, so I left.Went to Harrahs, which is where I had reservations. Only 2 games going, and by 3am I was at the only one left. According to a guy the night after, I was one of 3 people there who weren't 2-5NL regs. 4 bet a guy who was opening and 3 betting a ton with Q9s. He shoved for 100 more, I called (obv). He shows AK, I offer a chop, he refuses. Board: 239333 bet a guy who was opening a ton into my big blind with 86s. He called. Baby paired flop (552 or something like it). He checks, I bet 85, and he folds AK face up. I show. I 3bet the guy again with AQ OTB. He calls. Q10x flop. He checks, I bet, He raises to 100, I instashove. He goes "YOU GOT AQ HUH? AQ? I CALL" and stands up. I show AQ, and the turn and river is dealt. 6 on River, he stands up, throws his cards down, and says "QUEENS AND SIXES, MOTHER******!"I got 3 streets of value with JJ on a Q10xQx board.Same guy with Q6 called another iso raise of mine. I flopped a flush draw and two overs. He says "bet $600" and puts $10 in chips out. I ask if that was a shove, dealer gives an uncertain answer. I think about it, and want to gamble, but am unsure how to proceed, so I say "Raise to $30" (thinking it'll come back around and he'll shove on me or he'll be put all in and I'll be given the option to call as the floor was called). He folds immediately, grabs his chips, and walks away. Floor comes over, says it was a bet. I asked what procedure is and he says "well, it was a bet - if he does that stuff again, he's not gonna be allowed to play here." Guy comes back during this conversation and says "you want the money? I'm right here, come and get it."Was ridic card dead for most of the trips, so I bluffed a lot, and got called a lot.Played 5/5 for a few hours. I was challenged to a 10/20 HU game by a guy (I couldn't figure out if I should agree and I didn't even have a full buy in with me, so I said no). I almost called someone down with 22 on a 668xQ board and when I folded, he showed AK (ugh). I 3 bet a guy with 2nd pair and value bet the turn, folded, and was paid $10 to show my hand. I also found out that the two black guys at the table were brothers and they were pretty blatantly colluding. Played some blackjack and lost. Went to a 2/4 table and played vs 4 guys. I played every hand blind and never folded. One guy got REALLY upset when his trip 6s lost to my rivered straight. Did some limit flips, limit omaha flips, and then we started flipping coins for money.

God, I've been on Full Tilt's list for player rakeback since June 16th and did not receive an email from them today. LFT! I mean, the money isn't that important because I'd probably only get like $200 or so in rakeback during a busy month(just like a guess there), it's just the damned principle(ok and the $). People who haven't played there in weeks get to try the new rakeback system while I have been playing there everyday this month, and signed up with FTP 3 or 4 years ago through an affiliate that may no longer exist for all I know.After sending a very polite email initially asking for rakeback which resulted in them putting me on the list, I sent them an email today saying I'd withdraw my funds from their site and play exclusively at PokerStars if they did not at least explain their methods for choosing certain people on the list over others. If it was a totally random drawing, that would ease my mind a little but I'd still take most of the money I have off there out of spite.Man this really tilts me; 4 years of playing poker on numerous sites and I've never received rakeback on a single one that I regularly play at just because I signed up for them all like 4 or 5 years ago for a $50 bonus or crappy chipset. I don't even have most of those chipsets anymore!Please UIEGA be repealed so new poker sites can start popping up that are easy to deposit into, and where I can finally break my rakeback cherry.I'm also on monkey tilt today from going 0/9 in 300 and 100 chip turbo sngs for like -$1300 when I should have been slightly in the black overall with the equity I had during most all-in pots.One example that got me really tilted was during a $100 six man turbo, where two players get seats and there are three left. The shortstack player in the BB has 40 chips with the big blind at 60, and the button who has abooot the same number of chips as me(like 400) raises to 120 so I folded J5, and the shorty's A7 flops a 7 to beat the other guy's AQ when I could have knocked him out cuz a jack flopped. After the hand, the player who raised and was a good sng reg says "ooops, my bad I wasn't paying attention". Ended up finishing 3rd obviously.If this bad luck(which was probably passed down from jamie when he quit :club:) continues for the rest of the month, in which I've actually devoted a lot of time to watching CR+DC videos, reading Neg's new book, getting dual monitors hooked up, as well as getting Smart Buddy and Pokertracker set up, then you may be looking at future pharmacist gilbertology!In four or five years when all you guys need meds, make sure to look me up for the hookup / drunken rantp.s. - poker vacation tomorrow since I already got my 200 ftp points losing in sngs tonite(actaully only 33.3% chance I don't play any poker tomorrow because I am such a degen).but yeh, no matter what happens with poker even if I win the Sun Million this week I'm pretty sure I'm going to pharmacy school next spring because I know a lot of people in the industry around here and you can make good money by doing much less work than a normal doctor would.edit: loool zomg on my computer it says I posted this at 3:32 am, if it had said 3:33 I woulda ran naked through the streets waiting for the aliens to snatch me up!

How has no one mentioned Nastia Liukin in this thread yet with all the talk of hott US gymnasts....The girl is freakin hott and 18!
I did, after a post about the other girl, I made a post saying something like "WOW! The girl after her is even hotter!", I was talking about Nastia :)That pink suit on her was sooo hot, and her bum is sooo nice!
has anyone used the DC free trial? I've never joined a training site so wouldn't mind trying it out. It says limited access to videos, how limited? I kind of wanted to watch the moving on up series
Not at all limited, that i've found - i'm 5days in and have downloaded about 3series so far. I'll join for sure when I can.Honestly the content is so good, I don't wanna rip every video off there even though I could, they've more than earned the subscription price.DC is the best vid training site out there IMO
Not at all limited, that i've found - i'm 5days in and have downloaded about 3series so far. I'll join for sure when I can.Honestly the content is so good, I don't wanna rip every video off there even though I could, they've more than earned the subscription price.DC is the best vid training site out there IMO
I got the free trial and downloaded close to all their entire NLHE and PLO content, I don't understand how a company can make money when they're effectively giving all their back catalogue away for free, or is it just me that takes the time to download it all?
Does everyone else agree that this has to be my Halloween costume this year?adult_red_lobster_costume.jpg
Dude, where did you find that? I want it. Pinchy was my favorite character on the Simpson's, until Homer ate him.
gil's drunken rakeback rant
Yeah I agree that it is messed up how they choose people. I was overly polite in my emails to them awhile back because I asked them if they could give it to me by the end of September when my self-exclusion ends. That is when I got added to this phantom list.
How has no one mentioned Nastia Liukin in this thread yet with all the talk of hott US gymnasts....The girl is freakin hott and 18!
I would do very naughty things to that girl and she would like it.
I got the free trial and downloaded close to all their entire NLHE and PLO content, I don't understand how a company can make money when they're effectively giving all their back catalogue away for free, or is it just me that takes the time to download it all?
pay for it!
God, I've been on Full Tilt's list for player rakeback since June 16th and did not receive an email from them today. LFT! I mean, the money isn't that important because I'd probably only get like $200 or so in rakeback during a busy month(just like a guess there), it's just the damned principle(ok and the $). People who haven't played there in weeks get to try the new rakeback system while I have been playing there everyday this month, and signed up with FTP 3 or 4 years ago through an affiliate that may no longer exist for all I know.After sending a very polite email initially asking for rakeback which resulted in them putting me on the list, I sent them an email today saying I'd withdraw my funds from their site and play exclusively at PokerStars if they did not at least explain their methods for choosing certain people on the list over others. If it was a totally random drawing, that would ease my mind a little but I'd still take most of the money I have off there out of spite.Man this really tilts me; 4 years of playing poker on numerous sites and I've never received rakeback on a single one that I regularly play at just because I signed up for them all like 4 or 5 years ago for a $50 bonus or crappy chipset. I don't even have most of those chipsets anymore!Please UIEGA be repealed so new poker sites can start popping up that are easy to deposit into, and where I can finally break my rakeback cherry.I'm also on monkey tilt today from going 0/9 in 300 and 100 chip turbo sngs for like -$1300 when I should have been slightly in the black overall with the equity I had during most all-in pots.One example that got me really tilted was during a $100 six man turbo, where two players get seats and there are three left. The shortstack player in the BB has 40 chips with the big blind at 60, and the button who has abooot the same number of chips as me(like 400) raises to 120 so I folded J5, and the shorty's A7 flops a 7 to beat the other guy's AQ when I could have knocked him out cuz a jack flopped. After the hand, the player who raised and was a good sng reg says "ooops, my bad I wasn't paying attention". Ended up finishing 3rd obviously.If this bad luck(which was probably passed down from jamie when he quit :club:) continues for the rest of the month, in which I've actually devoted a lot of time to watching CR+DC videos, reading Neg's new book, getting dual monitors hooked up, as well as getting Smart Buddy and Pokertracker set up, then you may be looking at future pharmacist gilbertology!In four or five years when all you guys need meds, make sure to look me up for the hookup / drunken rantp.s. - poker vacation tomorrow since I already got my 200 ftp points losing in sngs tonite(actaully only 33.3% chance I don't play any poker tomorrow because I am such a degen).but yeh, no matter what happens with poker even if I win the Sun Million this week I'm pretty sure I'm going to pharmacy school next spring because I know a lot of people in the industry around here and you can make good money by doing much less work than a normal doctor would.edit: loool zomg on my computer it says I posted this at 3:32 am, if it had said 3:33 I woulda ran naked through the streets waiting for the aliens to snatch me up!
i have been pestering them for about 6 months on this. they finally sent me an e-mail saying "this is the last time we will talk to you about rakeback." then finally i got it. patience....
From two kinds of people, the ones who want all the new content as well. And from people like me who will pay for at least 1 month because they think it's worth it, but then cancel in the 2nd month.
i have been pestering them for about 6 months on this. they finally sent me an e-mail saying "this is the last time we will talk to you about rakeback." then finally i got it. patience....
Same here, its been since February that I told them I wanted rakeback on my account because I've been a long standing player and feel like I've been penalized for it. So like 6 months of waiting and being on "the list" has finally paid off.Oh yes, I should add, I'm a long standing reader of this thread and it has helped me a great deal. I'm mostly a HU player, and will most likely post some hands looking for advice from time to time. GL at the tables.

L O ****ing L. Pay special attention to the flop call. Not that the turn is much better.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (4 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)SB ($62.45)Hero ($363.15)UTG ($112.10)Button ($197)Preflop: Hero is BB with Aheart.gif, Qdiamond.gif. UTG calls $2, 1 fold, SB completes, Hero raises to $12, UTG calls $10, SB folds.Flop: ($28) Aclub.gif, Aspade.gif, 6club.gif(2 players)Hero bets $14, UTG calls $14.Turn: ($56) Tclub.gif(2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $22, Hero raises to $337.15, UTG calls $64.10 (All-In).River: ($479.25) Jclub.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $228.20Results in white below: Hero has Ah Qd (three of a kind, aces). UTG has 7c Td (flush, ace high). Outcome: UTG wins $228.20.

fold, right?Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (6 handed) Ultimate-Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownCO ($52.90)Button ($22.50)SB ($55.95)Hero ($96.95)UTG ($44.75)MP ($45.85)Preflop: Hero is BB with Jspade.gif, Jdiamond.gif. MP raises to $1, CO raises to $3.75, 1 fold, SB raises to $12.5, 2 folds, CO calls $9.Final Pot: $26.75CO was 25/20 and had 3 bet a tonSB was 17/8 over small sample.

L O ****ing L. Pay special attention to the flop call. Not that the turn is much better.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (4 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)SB ($62.45)Hero ($363.15)UTG ($112.10)Button ($197)Preflop: Hero is BB with Aheart.gif, Qdiamond.gif. UTG calls $2, 1 fold, SB completes, Hero raises to $12, UTG calls $10, SB folds.Flop: ($28) Aclub.gif, Aspade.gif, 6club.gif(2 players)Hero bets $14, UTG calls $14.Turn: ($56) Tclub.gif(2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $22, Hero raises to $337.15, UTG calls $64.10 (All-In).River: ($479.25) Jclub.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $228.20Results in white below: Hero has Ah Qd (three of a kind, aces). UTG has 7c Td (flush, ace high). Outcome: UTG wins $228.20.
thats just gross

played about 600 hands this morning. Won about 1.5 BI's despite getting stacked my 2nd hand of session. I feel my play is getting a lot better, just still calling too much. Rdog, that pm helped alot thanks. I just need to get away from playing so many hands in bad positions.

Gotta love when horrible regs turn their hands face up and get bailed out.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)SB ($423.15)BB ($200)Hero ($203)MP ($111.75)Button ($250.05)Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9club.gif, 9heart.gif. Hero raises to $8, MP calls $8, 2 folds, BB raises to $30, Hero calls $22, MP folds.Flop: ($69) 6heart.gif, 8heart.gif, 2diamond.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.Turn: ($69) Jheart.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $42, BB raises to $170, Hero calls $128.River: ($409) Theart.gif(2 players)Final Pot: $409Results in white below: BB has Ac Kh (flush, king high). Hero has 9c 9h (flush, jack high). Outcome: BB wins $409.