New Challenge (old Challenge)

Check it back. I wouldnt wanna turn my hand into a bluff just yet here.
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG ($13.75)MP ($3.95)CO ($11.65)Button ($34.15)SB ($10.35)Hero ($10)Preflop: Hero is BB with Qdiamond.gif, Qspade.gif. 1 fold, MP calls $0.10, CO raises to $0.45, Button calls $0.45, SB calls $0.40, Hero raises to $2.35, MP raises to $3.95 (All-In), CO folds, Button folds, SB calls $3.50, Hero calls $1.60.Flop: ($12.75) Tclub.gif, Aspade.gif, 9spade.gif(3 players, 1 all-in)SB checks, Hero checks.Turn: ($12.75) 6heart.gif(3 players, 1 all-in)SB bets $2.2, Hero folds.If he shoved, I'd have been more tempted to call, but this just looks like he's pricing me in too much... Is this the right thinking line?
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)CO ($24.40)Button ($42.75)Hero ($31.45)BB ($45.30)UTG ($22.30)MP ($5.35)Preflop: Hero is SB with Jdiamond.gif, Jspade.gif. 2 folds, CO raises to $0.85, Button raises to $2.9Hero???CO is 23/14/3.5 with a 31 ATS and button is 11/8/11...What do you guys think is best play here? Flat and play for set value OOP? 4bet (and if so, to how much)? or fold?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)CO ($24.40)Button ($42.75)Hero ($31.45)BB ($45.30)UTG ($22.30)MP ($5.35)Preflop: Hero is SB with Jdiamond.gif, Jspade.gif. 2 folds, CO raises to $0.85, Button raises to $2.9Hero???CO is 23/14/3.5 with a 31 ATS and button is 11/8/11...What do you guys think is best play here? Flat and play for set value OOP? 4bet (and if so, to how much)? or fold?
Fold
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG ($13.75)MP ($3.95)CO ($11.65)Button ($34.15)SB ($10.35)Hero ($10)Preflop: Hero is BB with Qdiamond.gif, Qspade.gif. 1 fold, MP calls $0.10, CO raises to $0.45, Button calls $0.45, SB calls $0.40, Hero raises to $2.35, MP raises to $3.95 (All-In), CO folds, Button folds, SB calls $3.50, Hero calls $1.60.Flop: ($12.75) Tclub.gif, Aspade.gif, 9spade.gif(3 players, 1 all-in)SB checks, Hero checks.Turn: ($12.75) 6heart.gif(3 players, 1 all-in)SB bets $2.2, Hero folds.If he shoved, I'd have been more tempted to call, but this just looks like he's pricing me in too much... Is this the right thinking line?
Call that bet is to small to fold to imo. Alot of times an overcall preflop there is JJ. He may just feel like he has to bet but doesnt want to commit himself. Plus youre only drawing dead to AA which is very unlikely here.
Call that bet is to small to fold to imo. Alot of times an overcall preflop there is JJ. He may just feel like he has to bet but doesnt want to commit himself. Plus youre only drawing dead to AA which is very unlikely here.
Please see hand above.
If there's a decent chance CO is going to re-raise, you have to fold here.I think maths dictates that you should fold here.:club:
If there's a decent chance CO is going to re-raise, you have to fold here.I think maths dictates that you should fold here.:club:
More importantly an 11/8's 3 bet range has us crushed and we our out of position.

just played a pretty hilarious session...3/6$ guy sits with $360. Very first hand I raise JTdd he flats. Flop J54r he bets pot 36, i raise to 89 he calls. Turn 7 he bets pot $215, leaving himself ~20$ or so, and then folds when I instantly shove. loooolplayed him a bit and a few other guys and booked a pretty solid win.we had the party last nite with family and friends and i'm wicked tired now...gonna make myself to my house...been at my parents for a while helping clean up and what not.LA in < a week, weee.PT SPECIAL: If you get this, pm me your #.- Jordan

FWIW, I think this is HUGE. I just told someone the other day that one of his biggest problems is that he isn't on a regular schedule and sleeps in way too much. I think not being on a regular schedule makes it really easy for people to not put in the hands or the work. I know back when I first started playing poker full time and thinking how great it was to sleep in until 9, it made me really, really lazy. I know you still wake up pretty early and your scheduling issues are more family related so this is more towards others that might be struggling to keep a consistent schedule.
were you telling me this? i dont think so but anyways...i dont think its necessarily that you have to wake up early. i think its the having a schedule part that is important. most days, i dont wake up until after noon, and i dont think that causes problems for me. I do keep to a schedule on my playing days tho. i wake up, do whatever i need to around the house, play a session, go get lunch, come back and play another session. Then as long as nothing drastic has happened during those 2 sessions, i am done for the day. if i am stuck like 10buyins, sometimes i keep playing and play a marathon session. but usually those days are few and far between. so ya, i dont think you have to wake up early as part of the schedule, but keeping things in order is always good.
were you telling me this? i dont think so but anyways...i dont think its necessarily that you have to wake up early. i think its the having a schedule part that is important. most days, i dont wake up until after noon, and i dont think that causes problems for me. I do keep to a schedule on my playing days tho. i wake up, do whatever i need to around the house, play a session, go get lunch, come back and play another session. Then as long as nothing drastic has happened during those 2 sessions, i am done for the day. if i am stuck like 10buyins, sometimes i keep playing and play a marathon session. but usually those days are few and far between. so ya, i dont think you have to wake up early as part of the schedule, but keeping things in order is always good.
Nope.The difference between you and most people is that you play late at night sometimes so you go to bed super late. Just my opinion but I think waking up early keeps you disciplined more. At least it does for me.
i wake up, do whatever i need to around the house, play a session, go get lunch, come back and play another session.
Obviously I'm just a micro-stakes grinder, but this is something I think people should always do. It's always best to play after you've done your "duties". I used to not do this, and just play when I was free, and I didn't play my best as my mindset was still focusing on the tasks that need doing. Since I've started doing tasks and then playing I find that I'm able to relax more and ultimately play better.
Nope.The difference between you and most people is that you play late at night sometimes so you go to bed super late. Just my opinion but I think waking up early keeps you disciplined more. At least it does for me.
i almost never play after like 7pm.
Obviously I'm just a micro-stakes grinder, but this is something I think people should always do. It's always best to play after you've done your "duties". I used to not do this, and just play when I was free, and I didn't play my best as my mindset was still focusing on the tasks that need doing. Since I've started doing tasks and then playing I find that I'm able to relax more and ultimately play better.
ya, i honestly dont understand how people just decide to play whenever. i need to be in a good mindset in order to play my best poker. i think that might be what sets the grinders apart from the rest. not sure tho.
It depends. I mean, I think of it like a job. I'm not going to not go into the office until I run errands first. Poker is such a fickle game, some days you end up with a ton of down time after 2 hours either because you crushed and want to book a good day or you got crushed and aren't in the right frame of mind. Those days are when I take care of all the other crap. I think its a better use of your time since I know that I will never go more than a few days where I don't have a relatively quick day. In other words, I think it is much easier to plan the other stuff around poker instead of the other way around.
i almost never play after like 7pm.
Well I mean, we have talked about this but I do think you aren't playing during optimal hours. You used to play late.

Sometimes...I think people take that "If you check the turn, you have to call the river" line way too far. I can't even be mad though, it was a good call.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownHero ($200)BB ($186.50)UTG ($430.65)MP ($94.40)CO ($200.80)Button ($145.20)Preflop: Hero is SB with 9heart.gif, 6heart.gif. 4 folds, Hero raises to $7, BB calls $5.Flop: ($15) 8club.gif, 3spade.gif, 7heart.gif(2 players)Hero bets $8, BB raises to $24, Hero calls $16.Turn: ($63) 2spade.gif(2 players)Hero checks, BB checks.River: ($63) 8diamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets $42, BB calls $42.Final Pot: $147Results in white below: Hero has 9h 6h (one pair, eights). BB has Th Kd (one pair, eights). Outcome: BB wins $147.

Well I mean, we have talked about this but I do think you aren't playing during optimal hours. You used to play late.
ya, maybe not. but theres no way i am going to wake up at 6am to play with the euros, and i am usually doing non poker stuff after 7 or 8pm most days. but ya, afternoons are probably not the best time to play. i will agree with that. at this point in my life tho, i'd much rather do what i want with my time than plan my time around optimal games. and ya, i know from an old guy point of view, thats not the smartest thing in the world.
ya, maybe not. but theres no way i am going to wake up at 6am to play with the euros, and i am usually doing non poker stuff after 7 or 8pm most days. but ya, afternoons are probably not the best time to play. i will agree with that. at this point in my life tho, i'd much rather do what i want with my time than plan my time around optimal games. and ya, i know from an old guy point of view, thats not the smartest thing in the world.
It's okay, I'm old, I am used to you kids disappointing me.

haha, not often do i get in (or attempt even) a double check-raise on a guy, but this guy was just a spazz monkey so I figured he'd stab at the turn againFull Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.502 playersConverterStack sizes:SB: $38.55Hero: $63Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with 7 :club: 8 :tsSB raises to $1, Hero calls.Flop: 8 :D 8 :5c 9 :D ($2, 2 players)Hero checks, SB bets $1, Hero raises to $4, SB calls.Turn: K :4h ($10, 2 players)Hero checks, SB bets $4, Hero raises to $22, SB raises all-in $33.55, Hero calls.River: 4 :D ($77.1, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $77.1)Results:Final pot: $77.1Hero showed 7d 8dSB showed Ts Js