New Challenge (old Challenge)

Both hands are pretty much identical and happened in a span of 5 minutes or so...I really don't mind the way I played them, but am I generally losing value on the river by checking behind because the 4straight came? If I'm oop in those situations I just c/c...I'm still thinking 10NL donks might be capable of c/r'ing the river in these spots...am I dumb? :)SB ($14.23)BB ($15.12)Hero ($13.70)Button ($15.46)Preflop: Hero is UTG with :club:, :ts. Hero raises to $0.35, 2 folds, BB calls $0.25.Flop: ($0.75) :3h, :D, :icon_clap:(2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.Turn: ($0.75) :D(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $0.5, BB calls $0.50.River: ($1.75) :4h(2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.Final Pot: $1.75Results in white below: BB has Qc Qh (one pair, queens). (wp'ed btw :icon_clap: )Hero has Ad Tc (one pair, aces). Outcome: Hero wins $1.75. Button ($4.22)SB ($13.14)BB ($4.46)Hero ($11.91)MP ($4.89)CO ($17.74)Preflop: Hero is UTG with :D, :qh. Hero raises to $0.35, 4 folds, BB calls $0.25.Flop: ($0.75) :icon_clap:, :D, :D(2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.Turn: ($0.75) :5c(2 players)BB bets $0.2, Hero raises to $0.95, BB calls $0.75.River: ($2.65) :qh(2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.Final Pot: $2.65Results in white below: BB has Ts Qd (one pair, tens). Hero has Kc Ac (one pair, aces). Outcome: Hero wins $2.65. Other than that I've played about 1800 hands in the last 7 days I believe...didn't have more time to play(and also due to only 2-tabling, since I wanna get a lot more comfortable first before I add additional tables), but am planning on it, especially as long as I still have the pokertracker trial available. I'm pretty happy with the way I played so far, except for maybe calling down too much, but I'm working on that :icon_clap: I would post stats, but I believe it won't make a lot of sense regarding the tiny sample size...so I'll just wait til I hit 10k or so...here's my graph though:screenshot718255fy6.jpgrunning ok also helps :icon_clap:

• Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

I'll use myself as an example. I tend to have around 32-33% ATS. I raise 8s6s on the button. You 3bet AcJd. I call in position.Flop comes Ad7c9h. You cbet 2/3 pot, I raise (or ship, regardless, it's for stacks).You now have a very tough decision here. On this dry of a board, I'm likely to raise AK, AQ (sometimes ill flat AQ, but not all villains will), 99, 77, 8T, 68, and occasionally gutshots like ThJh. Similarly, if the board was like AsTs3c, I'm likely going to be shipping that flop a fair amount of the time as well, assuming you 3bet a fairly wide range (which you would assuming you are 3betting AT/AJ/KQ).Situations like these make it manditory for you to stack off with a hand like AJ on that board, though I can say that my range is generally going to be crushing AJ on that board. You also may easily misjudge my shoving range depending on game dynamics, and you really don't know if I'm going to be shipping gutshots or even defending with a hand like 68s (sometimes I will, sometimes I won't).
That fact that you call with 86s and get it in on A79 means that it IS in your range and and AJ is in good shape against that range.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)saw flop|saw showdownMP ($117)CO ($314.05)Hero ($355.40)SB ($101.75)BB ($250.45)UTG ($376.40)Preflop: Hero is Button with :5c, :D. 3 folds, Hero raises to $6, 1 fold, BB calls $4.Flop: ($13) :ts, :D, :D(2 players)BB bets $6, Hero calls $6.Turn: ($25) :4h(2 players)BB bets $2, Hero calls $2.River: ($29) :club:(2 players)BB bets $2, Hero raises to $4, BB calls $2.Final Pot: $37Results in white below: BB doesn't show. Hero has Ac 6h (two pair, aces and sixes). Outcome: Hero wins $37.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)saw flop|saw showdownMP ($117)CO ($314.05)Hero ($355.40)SB ($101.75)BB ($250.45)UTG ($376.40)Preflop: Hero is Button with :5c, :D. 3 folds, Hero raises to $6, 1 fold, BB calls $4.Flop: ($13) :ts, :D, :D(2 players)BB bets $6, Hero calls $6.Turn: ($25) :4h(2 players)BB bets $2, Hero calls $2.River: ($29) :club:(2 players)BB bets $2, Hero raises to $4, BB calls $2.Final Pot: $37Results in white below: BB doesn't show. Hero has Ac 6h (two pair, aces and sixes). Outcome: Hero wins $37.
This made me legitimately lol. :3h
That fact that you call with 86s and get it in on A79 means that it IS in your range and and AJ is in good shape against that range.
The problem is that it's a small part of my range, as I'm not always defending with a hand like that. Just because you are a 65/35 against one hand in my range, doesn't mean AJ is ahead of my range on that board.
The problem is that it's a small part of my range, as I'm not always defending with a hand like that. Just because you are a 65/35 against one hand in my range, doesn't mean AJ is ahead of my range on that board.
???????What is this range you speak of? We've established that 86s is in it; what else?
It looks like you need to tighten up both pre and postflop. WWSF being that high almost certainly means you play too aggro postflop. W$SD and WtSD figures suggest you make too many loose calldowns or you bluff too many rivers.You could do with playing tighter from the BB and SB (although at 10nl I assume there will be a lot of limpers and minraisers, so that's more natural to be completing the SB a fair amount).Oh, and I think you are cold calling too much preflop.Overall it looks like you play pretty well in position, but it's hard to be certain with a pretty small sample size. I mean, you change one won coinflip from the CO to a loss and all of a sudden you're breakeven from that position.I think really I'd just say tone it down a bit in a few areas.
Thanks simo ... I'm going to attempt to tone some stuff down.. I should be able to get a good session in tonight when I get home from work ...btw thanks for the comments from everyone .. after seeing Bull (and others) improve with their posting, I decided to stop lurking and start posting to try and start making my game decent rather than break-even / slightly winning.

Not sure I should be excited about coming home from work to play poker...PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)UTG+1 ($200)MP1 ($200)MP2 ($200)MP3 ($199)Hero ($312)Button ($172.55)SB ($218.15)BB ($128.50)UTG ($202)Preflop: Hero is CO with 7h.gif, 7d.gif. 5 folds, Hero raises to $6, 1 fold, SB raises to $22, 1 fold, Hero calls $16.Flop: ($46) qc.gif, 7c.gif, jd.gif(2 players)SB bets $28, Hero raises to $72, SB raises to $196.15, Hero calls $124.15.Turn: ($438.30) 3h.gif(2 players)River: ($438.30) ks.gif(2 players)Final Pot: $438.30Results in white below: SB has Kc Kh (three of a kind, kings). Hero has 7h 7d (three of a kind, sevens). Outcome: SB wins $438.30.

???????What is this range you speak of? We've established that 86s is in it; what else?
I defined my range a few up. Hands like suited one gappers are going to occasionally be in it, but I also may just dump them preflop.
Not sure I should be excited about coming home from work to play poker...
What can I say .. I'm a sucker for punishment ;)Atleast I don't play it for an hourly .. I make ~$200 an hour at work .. and I come home and play for like a $2 hourly LOLOh any tips for my sicko donko homegame tomorrow night ?Basically a bunch of super gambly really bad players who are willing to call ANYTHING preflop lol

So, since I'm pretty much done for the month of July since I'm going on vacation tommorow and probably won't play many hands during, so here is my graph. Pretty much all $50HU starting around hand 1200 ($25NL 6 max before that and a little bit of that mixed in). july.jpg

Full Tilt Poker Game #7266257694: Table Momentos (6 max) - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:52:03 ET - 2008/07/17Seat 1: TheItalian705 ($126.70)Seat 2: hexag1 ($138.60)Seat 3: dammongowian ($97)Seat 4: iconnect ($130.50)Seat 5: WhyDaddyDrinks ($205.60)Seat 6: HoosMoney ($100)iconnect posts the small blind of $0.50WhyDaddyDrinks posts the big blind of $1The button is in seat #3*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to HoosMoney [4s 6s]HoosMoney raises to $3.50TheItalian705 foldshexag1 calls $3.50dammongowian calls $3.50iconnect foldsWhyDaddyDrinks calls $2.50*** FLOP *** [7s Qh 8s]WhyDaddyDrinks checksAction to you? Is this a bet? If you do bet and get raised get it in or is it check/raise?

Action to you? Is this a bet? If you do bet and get raised get it in or is it check/raise?
I do both sometimes lead sometimes c/r. Imo either is fine
I do both sometimes lead sometimes c/r. Imo either is fine
I led for 10 next guy raises to 31 the other two fold...... He has to be really strong here with 1 person to act and 1 person that could possible check raise also. Do you still go with the hand or fold it?
Full Tilt Poker Game #7266257694: Table Momentos (6 max) - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:52:03 ET - 2008/07/17Seat 1: TheItalian705 ($126.70)Seat 2: hexag1 ($138.60)Seat 3: dammongowian ($97)Seat 4: iconnect ($130.50)Seat 5: WhyDaddyDrinks ($205.60)Seat 6: HoosMoney ($100)iconnect posts the small blind of $0.50WhyDaddyDrinks posts the big blind of $1The button is in seat #3*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to HoosMoney [4s 6s]HoosMoney raises to $3.50TheItalian705 foldshexag1 calls $3.50dammongowian calls $3.50iconnect foldsWhyDaddyDrinks calls $2.50*** FLOP *** [7s Qh 8s]WhyDaddyDrinks checksAction to you? Is this a bet? If you do bet and get raised get it in or is it check/raise?
I probably bet with bottom gutterball and bad flush draw, but then i fire too much ...people would generally be willing to get it in with me with a good queen, which is pretty ok for us. It depends on your image. If you're raising 46ss then you are probably seen relatively loose, so the bet rather than the check/raise probably gets more value
I led for 10 next guy raises to 31 the other two fold...... He has to be really strong here with 1 person to act and 1 person that could possible check raise also. Do you still go with the hand or fold it?
depends how light he is raising you here. What is he calling behind with and then raising the flop with? If he is raising draws here I probably fold, If he is raising light I get it in.What I mean here, is he raising with a bare queen as light. The problem we have is that we have really bad equity against draws with our bad flush draw.
Not betting here is a pretty big mistake I think.