• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

in light of the 2+2 UB BJ thread i figured i would share my recent experience with UB. i was playing some drunken tournies on full tilt last weekend after the wife & kid had gone to sleep. while doing so i got an e-mail with a deposit bonus offer from UB which started the whole chain of events:1. e-mail from UB: deposit for free mobnies2. i respond: you guys are a bunch of crooks3. UB: the site is not rigged blah blah blah. by the way, we notice that you have two accounts and this is not allowed. pick one and we will close the other. (never multi-accounted, just needed to hide from my old man when playing during class during law school). 4. me: close them both. i only had two because you allowed it. i do not want to be associated with your site. 5. UB: ok, but before we close your accounts please tell us why and verify this whole list of things about your account. 6. me: you are a bunch of crooks. you have that info on file. either close them or don't. i won't use them.7. UB: "Please note that your Ultimate Bet accounts has been permanently closed. This measure has been taken to provide our customers with a friendly game environment."i really enjoyed that last part.

My wife grew up outside of this country, and has never liked any sort of gambling.Financially, our family is fine. The money that i lost does not effect us.She doesn't like the time i put into the game which is hardly anything in the grand scheme of things. Whenever i would play, it would be during the evening and on the weekends during the evening when she is sleeping. The time that i would spend would be 6-7 hours at a time. I guess this can be considered excessive but when you only have limited playing opportunties i would try and make the most of them. The thing she hates the most is when i don't go to sleep with her in the same bed and come back hours later. She hates that.
Serious response.....I have been in a similar situation. My wife is more concerned with the time aspect as well, not the gambling. Of course it helps that I haven't had to deposit in over a year. :club: BR management ftw!! Anyway, if poker is really important to you and you really can afford it, you're going to have to come up with a compromise with your wife. Basically, my compromise was that I would never play while she or the kids were home or awake. I can play as much as I want when they're not here or after they've gone to bed. Of course, my wife doesn't care if I go to bed with her, but that's another story. To get to this compromise I had to take a stand though. I told her that poker was important to me, I enjoy it, and I'm making money at it so she had no right to try and take that away from me if it wasn't affecting the family in a negative way financially or otherwise. Giving up poker entirely was not an option and I made that very clear to her. Once she realized that giving it up was out of the question, she was willing to compromise. Marriage can be difficult at times. Trust me, I know. I think it is imperative that everyone has something they enjoy doing that doesn't involve anyone else in the family. A hobby, I guess. Whether it be golf, hunting, fishing, stamp collecting, or poker, it's important that you have something to call your own. If you're a winning player, there are a lot more expensive hobbies you could have. If she really does leave you over this, there's a lot bigger problems there than poker.
So lately i've been wanting to give online another shot, with a small bankroll grind up. Sigh.....the wife gave me the poker ultimatum last night. Keep playing and i'm leaving. Funny thing is, i've only played once in 3 months! :club: This all started about 3 months ago, i had a very bad stretch playing live, and was up front with her and told her i had lost $300 the last session i had. She's always told me that $200 was the limit she would be comfortable me playing (which is of course not realistic and some white lies had to be told now and then) After that last session, i honestly thought i was quitting poker, and told her i wouldn't play anymore. I'm a winning player, but she does not like the time i invest with it. Been with her for six years, i don't plan on ending things with her, we have a 2 year old and one on the way. I don't know..... ****./rant
IMO, if you have to lie to your wife and feel ok about that, you guys probably have other problems that just quitting poker won't fix. I wish you the best of luck with things though, I hope you can see the worth in your marriage and it becomes easy to give up poker or whatever else if that helps your wife feel more comfortable.MarkEdit: I think that sounds harsher than I meant it to. I had problems in my marriage also related to poker, but poker was never the root problem, and I don't suspect it is for you either. Its just an easy way for deeper issues to bubble to the surface. Thus my, quitting poker won't fix your problems statement. There is a reason somewhere that your wife doesn't trust you not to gamble away the house playing poker, or that you choose to spend time playing poker instead of spending time with her, or whatever the symptoms show up as, and those issues will just come up in other things if you quit poker now. (especially if you feel 'forced' to quit and hold a grudge about it)

Why do I play in the afternoons? My last 3 days:Monday:dayxj8.jpgTuesday:daywc1.jpgWednesday:day2rv5.jpgREDONKULOUS!!!Mark

Serious response.....I have been in a similar situation. My wife is more concerned with the time aspect as well, not the gambling. Of course it helps that I haven't had to deposit in over a year. :club: BR management ftw!! Anyway, if poker is really important to you and you really can afford it, you're going to have to come up with a compromise with your wife. Basically, my compromise was that I would never play while she or the kids were home or awake. I can play as much as I want when they're not here or after they've gone to bed. Of course, my wife doesn't care if I go to bed with her, but that's another story. To get to this compromise I had to take a stand though. I told her that poker was important to me, I enjoy it, and I'm making money at it so she had no right to try and take that away from me if it wasn't affecting the family in a negative way financially or otherwise. Giving up poker entirely was not an option and I made that very clear to her. Once she realized that giving it up was out of the question, she was willing to compromise. Marriage can be difficult at times. Trust me, I know. I think it is imperative that everyone has something they enjoy doing that doesn't involve anyone else in the family. A hobby, I guess. Whether it be golf, hunting, fishing, stamp collecting, or poker, it's important that you have something to call your own. If you're a winning player, there are a lot more expensive hobbies you could have. If she really does leave you over this, there's a lot bigger problems there than poker.
i use the exact same system bull. my wife got on me about playing when she was around. so, now i only play at home when she and my son are asleep. i also get to play when i'm at work because i'm the boss ;-)seriously though, come to an agreement about when you can play and you should have no problem.

Please let Hoos come thru with and book this bet with his boy Bjorn. One time. If anyone can do it, I know it's you Hoos.haha.

whooo goo summer timemb this is the start of a turn around?!Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $5/$106 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $1033Hero: $1000CO: $1477Button: $761.95SB: $1134BB: $965Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with Q :4h Q :ts UTG folds, Hero raises to $30, CO folds, Button calls, SB raises to $140, BB folds, Hero raises to $280, Button calls, SB raises all-in $1134, Hero calls all-in $720, Button calls all-in $481.95.Uncalled bets: $134 returned to SB.Flop: 4 :D 6 :club: 8 :5c ($511.95, 0 player + 3 all-in - Main pot: $1455.85, Sidepot 1: $564.15)Turn: 3 :D ($511.95, 0 player + 3 all-in - Main pot: $1455.85, Sidepot 1: $564.15)River: 5 :D ($511.95, 0 player + 3 all-in - Main pot: $1455.85, Sidepot 1: $564.15)Results:Final pot: $511.95SB showed Ah KdHero showed Qh Qsand donk showed Qc Tc lol

Why do I play in the afternoons? My last 3 days:Monday:dayxj8.jpgTuesday:daywc1.jpgWednesday:day2rv5.jpgREDONKULOUS!!!Mark
Just play mornings from now on, obv. :)Maybe you are more focused then?
rakeback?may you should take up an afternoon hobby, like taking dollar bills and lighting them on fire with a magnifying glass? might save you some money :club:
sigh @ the 12th place finisher :club:
Benjamin Zamani, is that the toilet or one of the pokerhaus guys? I recognize the name.Mark
Just play mornings from now on, obv. :)Maybe you are more focused then?
All 3 days I've come back and pretty quickly lost a huge 50/50 pot. Today I got it all in 3 ways with a straight and flush draw vs overpair vs bottom set. Obv I brick city....Mark
My wife grew up outside of this country, and has never liked any sort of gambling.Financially, our family is fine. The money that i lost does not effect us.She doesn't like the time i put into the game which is hardly anything in the grand scheme of things. Whenever i would play, it would be during the evening and on the weekends during the evening when she is sleeping. The time that i would spend would be 6-7 hours at a time. I guess this can be considered excessive but when you only have limited playing opportunties i would try and make the most of them. The thing she hates the most is when i don't go to sleep with her in the same bed and come back hours later. She hates that.
Good luck, it's something that will take some time to sort out. Obv. divorce is not the answer, esp with kids.
Interesting bull, I always thought you were a student. Didnt' think you were married like me. :ts
All 3 days I've come back and pretty quickly lost a huge 50/50 pot. Today I got it all in 3 ways with a straight and flush draw vs overpair vs bottom set. Obv I brick city....Mark
Sucks to lose 3 flips. Wait till you are at least a 90% favourite before you get it in. sw
Why do I play in the afternoons? My last 3 days:Mark
Stop taking breaks, just keep playing, then you won't have to worry about it. :)Oh, and look at this ridonkulousness...Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (5 handed) Absolute Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)saw flop|saw showdownUTG ($702.50)Hero ($402.60)Button ($119.55)SB ($796)BB ($802)Preflop: Hero is MP with Q :ts , Q :D . UTG calls $4, Hero raises to $18, Button calls $18, 2 folds, UTG calls $14.Flop: ($60) 2 :4h , T :5c , 7 :club:(3 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $44, Button raises to $101.55, UTG folds, Hero calls $57.55.Turn: ($263.10) J :D(2 players)River: ($263.10) A :D(2 players)Final Pot: $263.10Results in white below: Hero has Qs Qh (one pair, queens). Button has 2d Jd (two pair, jacks and twos). Outcome: Button wins $263.10. I think the NL donks in Vegas rubbed off on me a bit cuz I played like poo early in my sesh, then I settled down and stopped trying to run over everybody and... robusto.profitrn4.jpgMight play a little more tonight. Also need to catch up on this thread from the past 3 days. Anything interesting?

Gah, I'm on life tilt. Haven't driven my car in weeks. Got in it tonight to go out real quick, planning on driving up to Vegas in the morning. Apparently my AC has decided to stop working. So I think I'm going to drive up tonight to avoid the heat and not be miserable going into the tourney tomorrow.Bleh.Mark

Gah, I'm on life tilt. Haven't driven my car in weeks. Got in it tonight to go out real quick, planning on driving up to Vegas in the morning. Apparently my AC has decided to stop working. So I think I'm going to drive up tonight to avoid the heat and not be miserable going into the tourney tomorrow.Bleh.Mark
My car has awesome AC. I'll drive you up there tomorrow in return for a stake in event 9. :club:
how do you do that?