New Challenge (old Challenge)

Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.256 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Xeno85 is UTG with 6 :club: 7 :tsXeno85 raises to $1, 2 folds, Button calls, 2 folds.Flop: 9 :D 5 :5c J :D ($2.35, 2 players)Xeno85 bets $1.75, Button raises to $25, Xeno85 calls all-in $22.25.Uncalled bets: $1 returned to Button.Turn: T :4h ($50.35, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $50.35)River: Q :D ($50.35, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $50.35)Results:Final pot: $50.35Xeno85 showed 6d 7dButton showed Jc 9cbeen lurking for awhile, but fluff wants me to post, so here you go. I raise w/ this UTG because at this table there are 2 people shoving 150bbs into 10bb pots on the flop, but when one opens pre (every hand) the other one 3bets, and I would rather keep the pot smaller pre. I was right to snap call, correct?
gl! keep posting hands and your other thoughts!
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

This hand is annoying me... I know I misplayed it.Villain is an unknown who just sat down a few hands ago.$0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem6 playersConverted at weaktight.comStacks:UTG RPJETT ($43.02)UTG+1 HellfireLady ($15.55)CO maija ($48.50)BTN Chabbla ($88.58)SB Hero ($56.29)BB Rickardos ($19.25)Pre-flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is SB :D:tsRPJETT raises to $1, 2 folds, Chabbla calls $1, Hero calls $0.75, Rickardos calls $0.50Flop: :D:4h:5c ($4, 4 players)Hero checks, Rickardos checks, RPJETT bets $4, 1 fold, Hero calls $4, Rickardos foldsTurn: :club: ($12, 2 players)Hero checks, RPJETT bets $12, Hero calls $12River: :D ($36, 2 players)Hero checks, RPJETT goes all-in $26.02, Hero foldsFinal Pot: $62.02I didn't know what to make of his min raise UTG. At the time this hand occurred, I didn't know if he was a complete donkey or someone whose min raise screams AK, AA, etc.Against an unknown min raiser UTG, should I be leading this flop, c/c, or c/r? Should I be looking to get it in on the turn? The min raise is really throwing me off here since I know nothing about this guy.As played, I really didn't see anything I could beat on the river. I was always way behind AK, and if he has AT or AJ, he got there. Riv also completed the flush, and for some reason, I seem to be seeing flopped flush draws played this way at this level (2 PSBs on flop and turn). Is this an easy fold on the river?edit: also, I would be 3-betting this pf a decent percentage of the time, but inflating the pot with AQo and then having to play OOP against up to 3 unknowns didn't sound like the best plan. However, I realize if I did 3 bet this, I wouldn't have been put in this situation in the first place (results oriented obv). How good/bad is a 3bet here?

Alright smart peopleWhen I filter pokertracker to show hands between the 10th of April to the 19th of April I get 20426 hands.when I run the following SQL code

SELECT g.game_number, gp.total_bet 		FROM game_players gp, game g 		WHERE g.game_id = gp.game_id 		AND g.date_played >= 20080410 		AND g.date_played <= 20080419 		AND gp.player_id = 318;

I only get 17988 hands.Also when I run that code g.game_number == g.game_id; where is the actual hand number, as on the hand history itself, stored in the pokertracker database?

I didn't know what to make of his min raise UTG. At the time this hand occurred, I didn't know if he was a complete donkey or someone whose min raise screams AK, AA, etc.Against an unknown min raiser UTG, should I be leading this flop, c/c, or c/r? Should I be looking to get it in on the turn? The min raise is really throwing me off here since I know nothing about this guy.As played, I really didn't see anything I could beat on the river. I was always way behind AK, and if he has AT or AJ, he got there. Riv also completed the flush, and for some reason, I seem to be seeing flopped flush draws played this way at this level (2 PSBs on flop and turn). Is this an easy fold on the river?edit: also, I would be 3-betting this pf a decent percentage of the time, but inflating the pot with AQo and then having to play OOP against up to 3 unknowns didn't sound like the best plan. However, I realize if I did 3 bet this, I wouldn't have been put in this situation in the first place (results oriented obv). How good/bad is a 3bet here?
I think you have to 3bet here. AQo isn't a hand you really want to get involved with OOP v. 3 players. If UTG has KK+ here, gg him and you can fold to his 4bet I think, but min raise could mean all sorts of things (even a misclick), especially since you didn't have a read on him and you don't know if it is out of the ordinary.As played, I think we have to be betting or raising this flop. I'm not sure what I do if he would raise/rr, but we are playing blindly as it is and have very under represented our hand. An A hitting lowers the chance of him having AA, and he could be continuing with a wide range, esp. since you have shown so much weakness in the hand.I don't hate the river fold since he did triple barrel and that isn't the best card to see, but I don't think we should have gotten to this decision in the first place.
I think you have to 3bet here. AQo isn't a hand you really want to get involved with OOP v. 3 players. If UTG has KK+ here, gg him and you can fold to his 4bet I think, but min raise could mean all sorts of things (even a misclick), especially since you didn't have a read on him and you don't know if it is out of the ordinary.As played, I think we have to be betting or raising this flop. I'm not sure what I do if he would raise/rr, but we are playing blindly as it is and have very under represented our hand. An A hitting lowers the chance of him having AA, and he could be continuing with a wide range, esp. since you have shown so much weakness in the hand.I don't hate the river fold since he did triple barrel and that isn't the best card to see, but I don't think we should have gotten to this decision in the first place.
I disagree with this. It's back to our "raising for info" discussion. I actually think Hero played it fine. If Villain is triple barreling even after flush hits then well NH him but for the most part, we are crushed at this point, which is exactly why I think raising at any point in the hand is a mistake. We have a good hand that we want to showdown cheaply with.
I disagree with this. It's back to our "raising for info" discussion. I actually think Hero played it fine. If Villain is triple barreling even after flush hits then well NH him but for the most part, we are crushed at this point, which is exactly why I think raising at any point in the hand is a mistake. We have a good hand that we want to showdown cheaply with.
<3 RDog.Seriously though, the part bolded part was my thought process exactly. I guess I just started second guessing my play once I had some stats/reads on this guy and realized he was very bad.RDog, are you disagreeing with the 3 bet pf also? How often, if ever, would you be 3 betting this against 3 unknowns?

lol I think I just got superused.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $1/$22 playersConverterPre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with J :club: K :DSB raises to $6, Hero raises to $18, SB calls.Flop: 3 :5c 8 :D 8 :ts ($36, 2 players)Hero bets $28, SB calls.Turn: 6 :4h ($92, 2 players)Hero bets $64, SB calls.River: 5 :D ($220, 2 players)Hero is all-in $157.6, SB calls all-in $145.Uncalled bets: $12.6 returned to Hero. Results:Final pot: $510SB showed Qd AdHero showed Jd Kh

Alright smart peopleWhen I filter pokertracker to show hands between the 10th of April to the 19th of April I get 20426 hands.when I run the following SQL code
SELECT g.game_number, gp.total_bet 		FROM game_players gp, game g 		WHERE g.game_id = gp.game_id 		AND g.date_played >= 20080410 		AND g.date_played <= 20080419 		AND gp.player_id = 318;

I only get 17988 hands.Also when I run that code g.game_number == g.game_id; where is the actual hand number, as on the hand history itself, stored in the pokertracker database?

Do you have any player aliases you need to add their player_id in for?Mark
I 3bet this hand pf always. I agree with Bob, if he reraises pf then we can fold, if not, we can play for stacks on this flop.As played, I call flop, call turn, and fold river.Mark

Mln, does your day for PokerTracker start at a different time than Midnight? I have mine set to start at 6AM so the hands that are technically on May 10th at 3AM count for May 9th. Maybe this is the issue.

Down $450 this morning, but thats ok, I had fun with this hand (vs z2l, who is always fun to actually beat in a hand :3h )Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $3/$66 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $459.25UTG+1: $790.35CO: $312Button: $691.90NoSup4U: $1137BB: $594Pre-flop: (6 players) NoSup4U is SB with :4h:D3 folds, Button raises to $21, NoSup4U raises to $75, BB folds, Button raises to $186, NoSup4U raises all-in $1137, Button calls all-in $526.9.Uncalled bets: $424.1 returned to NoSup4U. Flop: :D:club::5c ($724.9, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $1431.8)Turn: :D ($724.9, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $1431.8)River: :ts ($724.9, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $1431.8)Results:Final pot: $724.9Button showed Ac AsNoSup4U showed Qd QhGoing to see Indiana Jones in a bit with Shan, my sis and her hubby.Mark

I'm in the market for a new pair of sunglasses and considering that, between kevlar and mark, this is the epicenter of men's fashion on FCP...I generally don't like thin frames with small lenses, and nothing too flashy; I like to conceal my balla status :club: Price range <$200.Suggestions? :ts

I'm in the market for a new pair of sunglasses and considering that, between kevlar and mark, this is the epicenter of men's fashion on FCP...I generally don't like thin frames with small lenses, and nothing too flashy; I like to conceal my balla status :club: Price range <$200.Suggestions? :ts
get those awesome phil hellmuth oakley mp3 ones hahhahahamark
<3 RDog.Seriously though, the part bolded part was my thought process exactly. I guess I just started second guessing my play once I had some stats/reads on this guy and realized he was very bad.RDog, are you disagreeing with the 3 bet pf also? How often, if ever, would you be 3 betting this against 3 unknowns?
Meh, PF I think 3 betting or calling is fine.
get those awesome phil hellmuth oakley mp3 ones hahhahahamark
That's all you got for me?? very disappointing... :DI was expecting your post to be my one-stop-shop to sunglass greatness.
That's all you got for me?? very disappointing... :DI was expecting your post to be my one-stop-shop to sunglass greatness.
I will, I just don't have time to look right now, but will tonight. Heading out to Indiana Jones. gl all. Also, haha Acid Knight cashout style curse :)Mark

Is anyone else's PAHUD telling them they have to update their registration? I saw the thread Josh made at the pokertracker website, but I'm not sure if it happened to everyone or just some people. So tiltifying not having a HUD while I'm playing.

Is anyone else's PAHUD telling them they have to update their registration? I saw the thread Josh made at the pokertracker website, but I'm not sure if it happened to everyone or just some people. So tiltifying not having a HUD while I'm playing.
Sigh.......thought it was just me and what I originally paid for only lasted a certain amount of time. So I paid for it again this morning :club:.