New Challenge (old Challenge)

Stop trying to bluff me donkeys!Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) Absolute Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)saw flop|saw showdownBB ($144.60)UTG ($600)MP ($1267.30)CO ($393.80)Button ($502.82)Hero ($390)Preflop: Hero is SB with J :club: , A :ts . 1 fold, CO raises to $24, 1 fold, Hero raises to $76, 1 fold, CO calls $52.Flop: ($156) 7 :5c , Q :D , A :D(3 players)Hero bets $78, CO calls $78.Turn: ($312) Q :4h(3 players)Hero checks, CO checks.River: ($312) 8 :D(3 players)Hero checks, CO bets $239.8 (All-In), Hero bets $236 (All-In).Final Pot: $784Results in white below: Hero has Jd Ad (two pair, aces and queens). CO has 2d 5c (one pair, queens). Outcome: Hero wins $784.

• Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

That was an awesome post Mark.I don't run better at OmahahaPoker StarsPot Limit Omaha Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.256 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $25.60UTG+1: $9.90CO: $30.30Button: $23.20SB: $14.50Hero: $24.75Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with :ts:5c:D :D UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO raises to $1.1, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.Flop: :4h:D :D ($4.5, 4 players)Hero bets $3.25, UTG calls, 2 folds.Turn: :3h ($11, 2 players)Hero bets $7.5, UTG raises all-in $21.25, Hero calls all-in $12.9.Uncalled bets: $0.85 returned to UTG.River: :club: ($51.8, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $51.8)Results:Final pot: $51.8He had AJ9x

excellent post mark!im feeling really bad about my game...free lessons??seriously though, its a sign of a really good friend that you are willing to make a post like that for scott. its not easy to tell someone that they aren't unnecessarily playing as well as they could be. I hope scott will take you up on the offer for lessons, because im sure he could learn a lot from it. Also, scott, if you were willing to, i think rdogs idea of putting some money online and just getting a lot of hands in is a great idea. It seems like you play poker because you love to play. It might not be for a second source of income right now, but maybe you hope that someday it could be? playing online can turn you into a much better player, even if you dont enjoy it as much. It just gets you familiar with so many more situations, and ya, you take a lot more beats...but you just have to understand that thats because you see like 3x as many hands per table you are playing. but since you do take so many more beats, it gets you used to them, and maybe the ones like you took with the AJ<KT wouldnt both you quite as much.im pretty sure rdog is taking his desktop computer to vegas with him, maybe mark can give us all a lesson while we're there? :)edit: shouldnt have walked away halfway through this post, then come back a half hour later and post it. oh welledit 2: also scott, i do seem to remember you being on the other end of a helluva cooler one time..........SIGH

excellent post mark!im feeling really bad about my game...free lessons??seriously though, its a sign of a really good friend that you are willing to make a post like that for scott. its not easy to tell someone that they aren't unnecessarily playing as well as they could be. I hope scott will take you up on the offer for lessons, because im sure he could learn a lot from it. Also, scott, if you were willing to, i think rdogs idea of putting some money online and just getting a lot of hands in is a great idea. It seems like you play poker because you love to play. It might not be for a second source of income right now, but maybe you hope that someday it could be? playing online can turn you into a much better player, even if you dont enjoy it as much. It just gets you familiar with so many more situations, and ya, you take a lot more beats...but you just have to understand that thats because you see like 3x as many hands per table you are playing. but since you do take so many more beats, it gets you used to them, and maybe the ones like you took with the AJ<KT wouldnt both you quite as much.im pretty sure rdog is taking his desktop computer to vegas with him, maybe mark can give us all a lesson while we're there? :)edit: shouldnt have walked away halfway through this post, then come back a half hour later and post it. oh welledit 2: also scott, i do seem to remember you being on the other end of a helluva cooler one time..........SIGH
Thanks man. More online play is very likely in the future me thinks. And yeah, Mark has always been awesome with the poker advice, I've know him a while now, and I only live minutes away actually, so I'm pretty sure that we will finally be working on things in the near future (and I do hate to bug him, or anyone for that matter). Definitely gonna wait until the Series is over and then break it all down and HONESTLY RE EVALUATE everything.This a gonna be a tough thing. It really fuks with your ego. I think I used to play much better last year and the past several months have been real tough. Family, full time job, sleep apnea (no excuse) but i am often VERY tired...blah blah blah, all kinds of crap.But I am confident i can work this out and get back on track, or at least get back to winning again to some degree. I greatly appreciate all the comments and help.Hopefully we'll all learn a little something as I work through this time with my game. I'm sure many of the hands will end up here.Run well folks.

I'm so beyond mad right now I can't even tilt.-6.1k tonight to the most stupid shit I've seen in a while.I bluffed off one stack in a spot where I really got outplayed, but omg I wanted to choke this guy. Just absolutely ridiculous. He gave me two stacks right off the bat cause he was horrible. He leaves, and I'm bout even for the night.He comes back and starts opening to 50 euros, 5/10 euro game, and I'm folding almost all my bb but breaking even by winning pots in positon.Then I make my first 3bet from 50 to 175 with KTdd. He calls with T7o. Flop T8xr I bet he raises, I shove, He calls, I lose. I win some back, then I do the big bluff (which was stupid and I basically lit 1.2k extra euros on fire). Then I run TPTK into his two pair, then I grind him down, and then he quits.Like, my head is just exploding, cause this guy was beyond like, just beyond bad. I say that about a lot of people but I just can't express like some of the stuff this guy did in a way to make others understand...but, if I don't bluff off a stack to him he never wins as much as he did off me...or if he didn't hit a 3 outer. I don't know. I'm just beyong mad. I lost at 2/4 today to other donks, but whatever, that's standard...But this crap at 5/10 and higher is just like lol ridicoulous. I can't even express some of the stupidity I've had to deal with and yea. Another -6k evening has me questioning why I decided to play tonight. Just so freaking frustrating.u'reoijfdex

You know. Whatever. I'm not going to be mad. It's ok, just frustrating.I'm getting better at controlling my anger, although I was pretty livid at times. But I'm just going to let all that crap go now and just go to bed and forget about it.Take it easy guys.- Jordan

despite losing a lot of money, I've got a lot of confidence in my game right now :DCurrently I think I'm playing my best or at least pretty close to itgameanalysiswf7.jpgsatxt7.jpgtoo bad I didn't make money though : (

Standard?Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.256 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $24.95UTG+1: $47.80CO: $29.60Button: $24.50Hero: $35.25BB: $29.15Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with :club::ts3 folds, Button raises to $1, Hero raises to $3, BB folds, Button calls.Flop: :D:4h:D ($6.25, 2 players)Hero bets $4, Button raises to $11, Hero folds.Uncalled bets: $7 returned to Button.Results:Final pot: $14.25

I'd prefer to be coached by someone playing a higher limit than me. :club:
Not as good as dedicated coaching but I'm sure you could find someone here to rail you for 45min or an hour and provide feedback. Sometimes all it takes is another set of eyes to see something that you're overlooking.
Standard?Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.256 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $24.95UTG+1: $47.80CO: $29.60Button: $24.50Hero: $35.25BB: $29.15Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with :club::ts3 folds, Button raises to $1, Hero raises to $3, BB folds, Button calls.Flop: :D:4h:D ($6.25, 2 players)Hero bets $4, Button raises to $11, Hero folds.Uncalled bets: $7 returned to Button.Results:Final pot: $14.25
I'd shove. Is that bad?
I think so. If we give his range as 77-QQ,44,22 we're about 40% and just barely -EV on a shove (assuming he always calls all of that range). If his range includes hands like A7s, 87s, 65s we're about 45% and can profitably shove. Whenever I shove here villain shows JJ or 77 though.
I'd shove. Is that bad?
Its pretty villain dependant for me. At this level I might felt this hand. But vs a good villain I'd fold.As played, I'd probably go with the hand. Its hard for me to believe at .10/.25 villain is flatting your 3bet with JJ+? Seems like they'd just shove pf. If I do decide to go with the hand, I normally would just call here and continue to let him bluff, but in this case it seems like he has a made hand and is going with it, so I'd shove.Folding is perfectly ok though, although I don't make it a habit in 3bet pots. Mark

asnthanotihaont, this is disgusting, I should never be allowed to hit, especially when my thought pattern is..ooh bad short stack called a raise on the button, I should iso, oh no a tight player has raise called utg, proceed with cautionI should bet fold to get short stacks money (serious question is this thinking flawed?)urgh I'm raised push buttons !!!!This hand demonstrates exactly what wrong with poker.wee suckoutamentsPoker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.255 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $32.75CO: $28.90Button: $6.20Hero: $31.10BB: $24Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with :D:4hUTG raises to $1, CO folds, Button calls, Hero raises to $4, BB folds, UTG calls, Button calls.Flop: :D:ts:D ($12.25, 3 players)Hero bets $7, UTG raises all-in $28.75, Button folds, Hero calls all-in $20.1.Uncalled bets: $1.65 returned to UTG.Turn: :club: ($66.45, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $66.45)River: :5c ($66.45, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $66.45)Results:Final pot: $66.45Hero showed Qc QdUTG mucks Kd Kc

asnthanotihaont, this is disgusting, I should never be allowed to hit, especially when my thought pattern is..ooh bad short stack called a raise on the button, I should iso, oh no a tight player has raise called utg, proceed with cautionI should bet fold to get short stacks money (serious question is this thinking flawed?)urgh I'm raised push buttons !!!!This hand demonstrates exactly what wrong with poker.wee suckoutamentsPoker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.255 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $32.75CO: $28.90Button: $6.20Hero: $31.10BB: $24Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with :D:4hUTG raises to $1, CO folds, Button calls, Hero raises to $4, BB folds, UTG calls, Button calls.Flop: :D:ts:D ($12.25, 3 players)Hero bets $7, UTG raises all-in $28.75, Button folds, Hero calls all-in $20.1.Uncalled bets: $1.65 returned to UTG.Turn: :club: ($66.45, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $66.45)River: :5c ($66.45, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $66.45)Results:Final pot: $66.45Hero showed Qc QdUTG mucks Kd Kc
Maybe the TT hand is a clear fold then. Guy played his KK pretty well! Too bad you run better hahahaha :)Mark
Great post by Mark. And Scott, I think you would be crazy not to take Mark up on his offer of coaching.
So, if we pretended my name was scott..
Great post a few pages back, Mark... I think in my downswing despite running very poorly there are def. a lot of spots where I could have avoided losing a lot.
We all do, its pretty much impossible not to because of tilt and stuff. I think of it a lot like manufacturing. You're always looking to squeeze every ounce of productivity out of your people, eliminate waste in every area, etc. Same in poker. Its a continual battle to increase productivity (maximize wins) and decrease waste (eliminate the times you give away money needlessly)Mark
So, if we pretended my name was scott..
Perhaps you skimmed over the most important part of Marks post?We're actually brothers.The things you do for family....(plus, I promised to scrub their toilets)