New Challenge (old Challenge)

Playing against more donks than usual is going to be high variance poker because you are trying to find big value in such thin spots and have to decide if you want to put it all in with TPTK more often.
You just described my game perfectly as well and at 10NL there are A LOT of donks. Problem right now is they keep showing up with some random berzerko 2pr. I think you could make a ton of $ at 10NL if you made yourself never get it in with less than top 2. I think you'd lose some value but would seem to be low variance.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

QFT when I get back from Vegas im gonna start putting a ton more volume in though. That graph is the last week of March and April so far. Ive played close to nothing so far this month...like 8000 hands lol.
WTF??? I did more than that in one day, lol. Granted it was a huge losing day but still.
Reguest all your hands from Stars, rebuild your database. I had to load in like 200k hands when my computer crashed before.
I didnt even think about that. I loaded my brothers database in when I got my computer back. So I have plenty of hands with other players just not my own stats. Thats a good idea though
WTF??? I did more than that in one day, lol. Granted it was a huge losing day but still.
One thing about living in Chicago... when the weather turns nice we go outside.

So tonight is one of those nights where I realize how truly good my life is.I'm getting drunk around a bonfire with a bunch of my good friends, I have no responsibilities to anybody for 4.5 months over break here, and I have more disposable income than anybody I know right now, even with how terrible I've been running in April.These types of nights just put bad runs into perspective and make me realize that no matter how bad I might run, I can still bounce back and I still have things much better than almost anybody in the world and I should be very thankful for that.

One thing about living in Chicago... when the weather turns nice we go outside.
One thing about Cali, the weather is always nice :club:.
I didnt even think about that. I loaded my brothers database in when I got my computer back. So I have plenty of hands with other players just not my own stats. Thats a good idea though
Yeah, you want that stuff for sure, lots of info in there besides just your profit/loss, etc.
So tonight is one of those nights where I realize how truly good my life is.I'm getting drunk around a bonfire with a bunch of my good friends, I have no responsibilities to anybody for 4.5 months over break here, and I have more disposable income than anybody I know right now, even with how terrible I've been running in April.These types of nights just put bad runs into perspective and make me realize that no matter how bad I might run, I can still bounce back and I still have things much better than almost anybody in the world and I should be very thankful for that.
Group hug.
Hey by the way did your brother ever come out of his rut? Tell him to come here and post an updated graph.
He's having a decent month overall, he did however call me to today to bitch about some retard hitting a 3 outer on the river (JJ<AJ aipf) for a stack and then while im on the phone with him he took a 2 outer another 3 outer and 4 outer. So yeah he's still struggling. Ill tell him to come post a graph though
He's having a decent month overall, he did however call me to today to bitch about some retard hitting a 3 outer on the river (JJ<AJ aipf) for a stack and then while im on the phone with him he took a 2 outer another 3 outer and 4 outer. So yeah he's still struggling. Ill tell him to come post a graph though
He needs to stay off the phone with your ass.
The opposite for me. After my third -2k day in less than a week, I hate poker :club:
Not sure what this means besides the fact that I ran crazy hot in January. I suspect it points to major leaks but I'm not sure how to find them. Simo you should really teach a class in using Poker EV sometime.
QFTSimo, have you ever written anything in-depth about using PokerEV to find leaks?
While we're all asking each other questions, how much are you guys clearing in rakeback/fpps etc. per month woudl you guess?
I get about 1K/month on tilt for about 20K hands of mid stakes.Mark
One thing about Cali, the weather is always nice :club:.
See the thing about having nice weather all year is you miss out on the best day of the year. Its the day where after a shitty cold dreary miserable way way to long winter...you wake up to the sun shining in your window, and when you go outside everything is all of a sudden this amazingly bright color green, the birds are chirping and the temperature is just perfect. Its that day where you just cant roll down the windows in your car low enough or turn the radio up high enough. I wouldnt trade 364 nice days for it. makes the whole winter worth it. One thing you can count on is us Chicagoans know how to enjoy nice weather.
No offense sir, but posting graphs showing a bad run isn't any different than posting 20 hand histories in a row where some guy donked you. I just think this is a pretty silly paragraph in general. For those of us that play poker as our primary income those times when you are going through things (like Mark now for example) can make you pretty miserable. If it helps someone feel better by posting their EV graph then so be it. I know I have been guilty of it. Many of us use this thread to vent (yes, obviously there is a line). I just think you go about venting in a different way (posting a ton of hh's). That makes what you said there pretty hypocritical.
rdonk, i wasn't talking about anyone on fcp.there are a few guys on 2+2 that bitch non stop in msnl about running "bad"
I was going to say, I don't think Jordan was bashing me or anyone else. The only reason I posted my EV graph was because someone requested it. And I agree, that a lot of the time, people just post EV graphs to say hey look, I'm running horrible. I do think its important when you're losing to honestly evaluate your play, and not just think you're getting hosed cause some graph says so. That being said, its also therapeudic (sp?) to post dumb hands or bad graphs sometimes. For me at least, I try and balance my 'haha I run like god' days with my '@#$#$^@$#%!@#$@$%' days. :)Today I'm running like god. Up the $4K I lost yesterday. Ship it!Mark

Dude was running 40/40ish... Do you 3-bet preflop here? Or let him hang himself on a dry flop?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)MP ($31.35)Button ($25.95)SB ($45.65)BB ($19.50)Hero ($28.30)Preflop: Hero is UTG with A :club: , A :4h . Hero raises to $1, MP raises to $2.25, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.25.Flop: ($4.85) 7 :5c , J :D , 2 :D(2 players)Hero checks, MP checks.Turn: ($4.85) 9 :D(2 players)Hero checks, MP bets $6, Hero calls $6.River: ($16.85) 4 :ts(2 players)Hero checks, MP bets $14.25, Hero throws up???Was going to c/r flop... when he checked behind, I figured he had to have like JJ or something... wanna get to showdown as cheap as possible at this point. Whadya think? Definitely a hard spot, and a fold isn't horrible on river IMO.

BTW great dbacks game tonight.
The North Siders are going to have to get through us again this year baby!Mark
Dude was running 40/40ish... Do you 3-bet preflop here? Or let him hang himself on a dry flop?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)MP ($31.35)Button ($25.95)SB ($45.65)BB ($19.50)Hero ($28.30)Preflop: Hero is UTG with A :club: , A :4h . Hero raises to $1, MP raises to $2.25, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.25.Flop: ($4.85) 7 :5c , J :D , 2 :D(2 players)Hero checks, MP checks.Turn: ($4.85) 9 :D(2 players)Hero checks, MP bets $6, Hero calls $6.River: ($16.85) 4 :ts(2 players)Hero checks, MP bets $14.25, Hero throws up???Was going to c/r flop... when he checked behind, I figured he had to have like JJ or something... wanna get to showdown as cheap as possible at this point. Whadya think? Definitely a hard spot, and a fold isn't horrible on river IMO.
Id 4 bet a 40/40 preflop all day, no sense in slow playing a spew tard esp oop. Bet flop, bet turn. As played I call his river bet and expect to be ahead
The North Siders are going to have to get through us again this year baby!Mark
Its early but so far its looking like the Dbacks and Cubbies are the teams to beat

does anyone have links to articles on poker confidence/mindset. alot of times ill load up some 6max tables, play for a few minutes, and ill feel outclassed and either quit or overadjust and go crazy.