New Challenge (old Challenge)

Maybe because that guys a douche to me in every post he makes? Not to mention he fails at it half the time. I had so many reasons for calling this guy. I know its impossible to imagine putting a read on someone while playing poker and trying to figure what they'd make this move with, but you know some people are actually able to do that. If this guy had a set, he probably wouldn't RAISE a pot size bet and a call. Only top set does this and if I'm gonna be afraid of someone having top set every single hand I play, then why would I play omaha? No chance in hell is 2 pair gonna re-raise a pot size bet with someone who smooth calls behind. I couldn't give the guy credit for a set, and if he had a set I had lotsa cards that could help me.Yes. I always feel extremely lucky when I'm ahead in a hand and it holds up. P.S.StupidKid's avatar puts me on tilt. I hate jamie gold more than anyone could imagine. **** Teddy's avatar too, god damn.
that was a terrible call 100% of the time imo.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Question? The villian here is absolutely sick of me 3 betting his button raises. He quite possibly has air here. Does anyone flat his reraise and then lead or check/shove flop here?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG ($52.25)MP ($127.55)Button ($100)Hero ($130.50)BB ($67.25)Preflop: Hero is SB with Aclub.gif, Aheart.gif. 2 folds, Button raises to $4, Hero raises to $12.5, 1 fold, Button raises to $35, Hero raises to $131, Button folds.Final Pot: $71Results in white below: No showdown. Hero wins $71.
Perfect time to flat OOP. He is doing it light, don't polarize your range. Check/shove flop. Position doesn't really matter much in these spots because either way, he is putting more money in the pot before you shove. If for some reason it checked through, I would donk lead small on turn trying to induce a shove.
This thread harvests more sour grapes than france in the off season.
You are the most results-oriented poker player I have ever seen in my life. You don't give two shits about the play you made being absolutely horrible and not worrking 99.98/100 times, as long as it works that .02 you are happy and think you are God's gift to poker. You don't post hands you lose too often when you make these stupid plays. I bet they outweigh the wins far more then the return you make on your slight wins.
just let me know when ur playin omaha so i can look u up and we can play!
Sure thing.
You are the most results-oriented poker player I have ever seen in my life. You don't give two shits about the play you made being absolutely horrible and not worrking 99.98/100 times, as long as it works that .02 you are happy and think you are God's gift to poker. You don't post hands you lose too often when you make these stupid plays. I bet they outweigh the wins far more then the return you make on your slight wins.
Because I hardly ever make these kinds of plays ?They just happen to work out for me when I do make them. I lose big pots when I have big hands that get cracked. If I posted those, you'd reply with "bad beat forum is down the street." So quit acting like theres any post I could make in this thread without facing some sort of negative feedback / reply from one of the common ego-maniac's.The only person who ever gave serious replies was mark and its no surprise his advice was the only advice I took seriously.

Ummmm.....if Matt isn't going to be banned...........EVERYONE STOP RESPONDING TO ANY POST HE MAKES!!!! Zero, none.......telling him how horrid he is only derails the thread. Don't respond to anything. Stop trying to help him, stop telling him how bad he is, stop telling him he is a douchebag. Just stop fricking responding!!! Period. How many fricking times are you guys going to let the fricking drama queen take over the thread?

So quit acting like theres any post I could make in this thread without facing some sort of negative feedback / reply from one of the common ego-maniac's.
Serious question....WHY do you even bother to post in here then?
The only person who ever gave serious replies was mark and its no surprise his advice was the only advice I took seriously.
Mark, like most of us that post in here reguarly and me after this post (so help me God) have choosen to completely ignore all of your retarded posts. Does that tell you anything? Seriously anything?This the last time I will ever bother reading or replying to anything you have to post and I hope that everyone else in here will do the same. As this thread is much much better off without you, (and ive never nor has anyone else ever thought that about anyone else on this forum)
Ummmm.....if Matt isn't going to be banned...........EVERYONE STOP RESPONDING TO ANY POST HE MAKES!!!! Zero, none.......telling him how horrid he is only derails the thread. Don't respond to anything. Stop trying to help him, stop telling him how bad he is, stop telling him he is a douchebag. Just stop fricking responding!!! Period. How many fricking times are you guys going to let the fricking drama queen take over the thread?
:club: voice of reason
+1You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Ex_Matt. · View this post · Un-ignore Ex_Matt

heres a fun hand10/20NL at bellagio, 6k effective stacks2 limps i raise to 140 w/ T7s, had been running over table, i could tell this monkey to my right was getting pissed at me.flop 666, checks to me i like 260 he raises 500 more. i call.turn 3, he bets 400 pretty quick. i callriver 4, he checks i bet 1200 and he instamucks and says, "you've got it everytime."edited.

mmmmmmmmmmmhh... this will make u feel warm insideFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($46.30)Button ($24.05)SB ($87.55)BB ($78.05)UTG ($47.40)MP ($69.80)Preflop: Hero is CO with Aheart.gif, Kheart.gif. UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.75, 1 fold, SB calls $2.50, BB raises to $7.5, UTG folds, MP folds, Hero raises to $27.75, SB folds, BB calls $18.Flop: ($57) 4heart.gif, 2spade.gif, 4spade.gif(2 players)BB bets $22, Hero calls $21.30 (All-In).Turn: ($99.60) 9heart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($99.60) 3heart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $99.60

so hold em' been dry for me...so i fire up 3 tables of 2/4 plo.make it 4.i rarely play plo.last night i was down like idk 3k, get that to -800, then end the nigh -2.5k. Always fun. Like 4 guys were running 70/30, it was insane. I spewed a bit, but I don't think horrendously.I played a lil' bit more today, tried to tighten some loose strings. Finished up like 500, which I was ok with.Tough pot for me, I cna't remember my exact hand, I think it was AAK3 single soot, i raised and got 2 callers, both of which seemed donkish. Flop was AJ9r which was good and im only 'afraid' of a few hands like KQTx, one check, i bet like i normally do, btn calls, and sb makes it 100 ontop of my 35. he had 250 to start, so i hoped he was the one with the big draw and not the btn, who had $500.I think i plyaed this bad, but not sure. I repotted, btn called, and sb mucked 999. Btn has the KQT, turned a flush draw to go with it, and hit on the river. That was a 1200 pot or so, so woulda been nice but alas still booked a decent win. I'm gonna try and play more plo, it seems like the kinda game you need to just play and learn thru experience...wish i knew some really good plo players so they could help me out in a few spots.nice graph rdonk.deuces, you are insane.- Jordan

wish i knew some really good plo players so they could help me out in a few spots.
There's like half a dozen very good PLO players in our strategy forum here, and at least one that I'm aware of in this thread.
why not just watch some of the CR videos... BT and stinger have some really good PLO videos
Am I the only one that thinks watching CR videos is overrated? I'm not saying that they aren't helpful but I honestly feel like I improve my game a lot more by just playing. Sometimes I feel like the videos actually hurt my play. I mean, things like Townsend talking about creating an image in one of his vids. It sounds good in theory. But then you go to your tables and you have 2 players.........regs who basically know your game when you sit down and make assumptions about you based on your PT stats and......donks........who don't care about your image, they just want to give you their money. I'm not saying that image doesn't play some part in how you take advantage of other players but I'm saying that I think it is overrated in that your first 10 minutes at the table affect a lot in how others view you.Thats just one example of how I think watching those vids and basically trying to follow them can be less beneficial than just playing.

Villain is 38/10. I had him on AcKx here, even asking him in chat after the river shove. Can this be folded given the amount of money in the pot?Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG ($101.15)MP ($85.45)Hero ($108.70)Button ($102.60)SB ($131.25)BB ($589.35)Preflop: Hero is CO with 2spade.gif, 2diamond.gif. 1 fold, MP raises to $4, Hero calls $4, 3 folds.Flop: ($9.50) 2heart.gif, 7club.gif, Kclub.gif(2 players)MP bets $6, Hero calls $6.Turn: ($21.50) Tclub.gif(2 players)MP bets $14, Hero raises to $41, MP calls $27.River: ($103.50) 6club.gif(2 players)MP bets $34, Hero calls $34.Final Pot: $171.50Results in white below: MP has Ac Kh (flush, ace high). Hero has 2s 2d (three of a kind, twos). Outcome: MP wins $171.50.

Villain is 38/10. I had him on AcKx here, even asking him in chat after the river shove. Can this be folded given the amount of money in the pot?Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG ($101.15)MP ($85.45)Hero ($108.70)Button ($102.60)SB ($131.25)BB ($589.35)Preflop: Hero is CO with 2spade.gif, 2diamond.gif. 1 fold, MP raises to $4, Hero calls $4, 3 folds.Flop: ($9.50) 2heart.gif, 7club.gif, Kclub.gif(2 players)MP bets $6, Hero calls $6.Turn: ($21.50) Tclub.gif(2 players)MP bets $14, Hero raises to $41, MP calls $27.River: ($103.50) 6club.gif(2 players)MP bets $34, Hero calls $34.Final Pot: $171.50Results in white below: MP has Ac Kh (flush, ace high). Hero has 2s 2d (three of a kind, twos). Outcome: MP wins $171.50.
Ick.......I break my computer but I think its a fold sir.
plz be kidding there is so much to learn from CR..even if they arent talking just watch how they play hands and u can learn soooo much
Not kidding. Poker is dynamic. I think table dynamics are probably the most important aspect of playing poker. Unless you are sitting at the table, it is hard to understand why a certain play makes sense in certain spots. It may not be as important for you since you play tourneys and table dynamics are a lot less important but in cash, I think playing a lot is the absolute best way to improve. You can watch all the vids you want but that isn't going to tell you how to manipulate the 55/3 station donk into putting in his entire stack with bottom pair.Edit: I'm not saying that they aren't helpful. What I am saying is.....when I watch a vid I "might" find one or two minor things that can tune up my game. Or I might waste an hour being bored out of my mind. But no doubt, any "aha" moments you have will be when you are playing.
Not kidding. Poker is dynamic. I think table dynamics are probably the most important aspect of playing poker. Unless you are sitting at the table, it is hard to understand why a certain play makes sense in certain spots. It may not be as important for you since you play tourneys and table dynamics are a lot less important but in cash, I think playing a lot is the absolute best way to improve. You can watch all the vids you want but that isn't going to tell you how to manipulate the 55/3 station donk into putting in his entire stack with bottom pair.Edit: I'm not saying that they aren't helpful. What I am saying is.....when I watch a vid I "might" find one or two minor things that can tune up my game. Or I might waste an hour being bored out of my mind. But no doubt, any "aha" moments you have will be when you are playing.
I completely understand your standpoint and agree with you in some areas. But CR vids will help you against the regs as well. Knowing why certain plays are made, etc. It just helps your thinking a lot.

first off..WHY THE **** WONT MY QUOTE BUTTON EVER WORK ANYMOREya i agree that you learn a whole lot playing, but for me persoannly i learn hella lot about the basic shit since I am not too fundamentally sound...and i think table dynamics are more important in tourneys. Maybe I have not really hit that level in cash games since I mainly just play 100nl but table dynamics are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy important in tourneys.