• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Your account may be rigged.
LMAO I've been joking around with people about that. Even with that 1 cash I'm still up around 6k out of those tournies, but this has been a really trying time for me in regards to poker. It's kind of ironic, I should be happy when being up a lot of money, but with sooooo many losing sessions compared to very few winning sessions, it just doesn't feel good.

Question for you cash game pwners, I don't have the HH but here's basically what happened.I'm BB w/ AA in a .10/.25 game. My stack is around $30 after buying in for $25. UTG has ~$40. MP has ~$10 altho he doesn't really matter.UTG limps. MP limps. SB folds. I raise to $1. Both call.Flop comes 4h, 5h, Jd (pot is $3.10I bet $2.75. UTG reraises to $6. MP folds. What's my play here?

Question for you cash game pwners, I don't have the HH but here's basically what happened.I'm BB w/ AA in a .10/.25 game. My stack is around $30 after buying in for $25. UTG has ~$40. MP has ~$10 altho he doesn't really matter.UTG limps. MP limps. SB folds. I raise to $1. Both call.Flop comes 4h, 5h, Jd (pot is $3.10I bet $2.75. UTG reraises to $6. MP folds. What's my play here?
Depends a lot on UTG.I would raise to 1.25 pf since you're out of position.I call raise almost always. I will re raise if I have good reason to believe UTG will stack off with QJ here. But most players won't.I check/fold turn if UTG is just a super nit. Do you have the Ah? That matters a fair amount to me because i know if he is on a fd and it hits on turn, I have a redraw.If he's known to be aggro, I will check/shove turn. That is a pretty standard line.Without any reads, I check/call turn, and check/fold river if he shoves and its believable. The board is drawy though so most likely I check/shove and if he made a set then oh well.Mark
Depends a lot on UTG.I would raise to 1.25 pf since you're out of position.I call raise almost always. I will re raise if I have good reason to believe UTG will stack off with QJ here. But most players won't.I check/fold turn if UTG is just a super nit. Do you have the Ah? That matters a fair amount to me because i know if he is on a fd and it hits on turn, I have a redraw.If he's known to be aggro, I will check/shove turn. That is a pretty standard line.Without any reads, I check/call turn, and check/fold river if he shoves and its believable. The board is drawy though so most likely I check/shove and if he made a set then oh well.Mark
Like my 10th hand at the table and never played w/ him before. He hadn't played any hands out of the blinds before this hand, if that helps. I have black Aces so no Ah.I just felt like this a set big time bc the rr is soooo puny.
Like my 10th hand at the table and never played w/ him before. He hadn't played any hands out of the blinds before this hand, if that helps. I have black Aces so no Ah.I just felt like this a set big time bc the rr is soooo puny.
*nod* I would call and see what he does on the turn. If you feel like you are beat, then trust your gut and fold.Mark
i raise enough to commit myself all in and to make it -EV to chase draws....I probably raise to 18 and call a shove. Reads would be helpful...also, raise more preflop.as a side note, i decided to change pace after being down like 500 after being even after being down like 900 (if that makes any sense)....and i played some 1/2nl HU and 2/4nl HU and I won about 800ish altogether and am now up 312 for the day.I'm calling it quits for the day cuz i'm pretty tired. Some donk "Skeeta Man" would not play me HU for some reason...I join he sits out and writes "no ty" i say why? he says "no ty"...i'm like is there a reason you're avoiding me, he's like "yes". but he refused to tell me what the reason is...i don't think i've every played with him b4.here is today's graph...it says i'm down cuz it isn't counting the 530 i won from the FPP thingy....http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=f...gdaysssshr3.jpghere is august's graph....bleh...the little downswing uglified it a little...oh welll....http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=000000wo5.jpgwhile am at it, here are my PT stats for augusthttp://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ptststsxi3.pngGabe...

was up $50 on PS but decided to push my luck and now I"m down $4.20.. yuckstupid swings and variance of micro donk limit hold em

just call his raise and go for the check raise on the turn if you feel like setting a trap. if you are worried that your beat there's really not a great way to find out on the flop b/c re-raising him would commit your stack. the main thing you wanna concern yourself here is his position, he's utg, so what cards would he likely limp with and call your reraise? there's only one other player in the hand who is a short stack($10) so by betting $6 he's obviously ready to call the extra $4 if the guy pushes so he's committed 1/4th of his stack. also you didn't tell us if he's playing tag/lag/etc to its kind of hard to give you a correct response. under these circumstances i'm getting all the money in on the flop or the turn unless a heart peels off on the turn then i'd try to control the pot size to eliminate some risk. if i had to guess what happened in this hand i'd say you called his flop bet instead of raising and a heart pealed off and you pay him off, right? otherwise you probably wouldn't have posted this.
just call his raise and go for the check raise on the turn if you feel like setting a trap. if you are worried that your beat there's really not a great way to find out on the flop b/c re-raising him would commit your stack. the main thing you wanna concern yourself here is his position, he's utg, so what cards would he likely limp with and call your reraise? there's only one other player in the hand who is a short stack($10) so by betting $6 he's obviously ready to call the extra $4 if the guy pushes so he's committed 1/4th of his stack. also you didn't tell us if he's playing tag/lag/etc to its kind of hard to give you a correct response. under these circumstances i'm getting all the money in on the flop or the turn unless a heart peels off on the turn then i'd try to control the pot size to eliminate some risk. if i had to guess what happened in this hand i'd say you called his flop bet instead of raising and a heart pealed off and you pay him off, right? otherwise you probably wouldn't have posted this.
i think you're missing the fact that there's a million str8 and flush draws possible and in my experience, a small reraise is a donk attempt to get a free river card....i'm not folding AA on a board that has so many draws...and if you just call here, you're just letting him draw...what's your plan? fold if a heart comes? in conclusion raise to 18 and call a shove, if he turns 55, that's called a cooler/topicGabe.
i think you're missing the fact that there's a million str8 and flush draws possible and in my experience, a small reraise is a donk attempt to get a free river card....i'm not folding AA on a board that has so many draws...and if you just call here, you're just letting him draw...what's your plan? fold if a heart comes? in conclusion raise to 18 and call a shove, if he turns 55, that's called a cooler/topicGabe.
The board is drawy for sure. One thing I like to think about though is that if you raise him on the flop, you allow him to play perfectly, while you are guessing still. He will know you have overpair and fold worse and shove better. (but like i said before, at .10/.25 he very well could shove QJ, just depends on opponent) But if you call, sure you allow flush to hit in which case you will check/fold and lose a small pot. But if flush doesn't hit, you can check to him and allow him to make a big mistake with QJ by potting it, because he needs to protect against the flush draw too. So you've allowed him to make a mistake. But when you raise flop, he cannot make a mistake, and you can make a mistake for your whole stack. (where just calling and letting a heart come would be a mistake on your part, but a smaller one)Just my thoughts. There are definitely times when I shove the flop, it just isn't my 'standard' line.Mark
not to be a dick but...a million straight draws? he limped utg and called a reraise with 67/23/36? so lets leave all of those cards out of the question with the slim possibility of him playing 6h7h this way(too many idiots read SS.) and we're agreeing on paying off a set here? ok. so what your worried about is that you let him free roll to hearts? well 9/10ths of these .10/.25 morons will bet the turn if they miss, and i love for j10 or jq to bet the turn here as well to try to protect, so YES I'LL GAMBLE and see if a heart peals off to check-push on the turn. in the long run your getting a lot more money off people and these low limits letting j10/jq/flush draw bet the turn and raising them there to get all the money in with them drawing HORRIBLY slim. if they hit the flush tough shit use pot control to minimize the loss.
not to be a dick but...a million straight draws? he limped utg and called a reraise with 67/23/36? so lets leave all of those cards out of the question with the slim possibility of him playing 6h7h this way(too many idiots read SS.) and we're agreeing on paying off a set here? ok. so what your worried about is that you let him free roll to hearts? well 9/10ths of these .10/.25 morons with bet the turn if they miss, and i love for j10 or jq to bet the turn here as well to try to protect, so YES I'LL GAMBLE and see if a heart peals off to check-push on the turn. in the long run your getting a lot more money off people and these low limits letting j10/jq/flush draw bet the turn and raising them there to get all the money in with them drawing HORRIBLY slim. if they hit the flush tough shit use pot control to minimize the loss.
it'd also be helpful to know if the AA has a heart in it or not.

i almost missed the 2nd post as well

The board is drawy for sure. One thing I like to think about though is that if you raise him on the flop, you allow him to play perfectly, while you are guessing still. He will know you have overpair and fold worse and shove better. (but like i said before, at .10/.25 he very well could shove QJ, just depends on opponent) But if you call, sure you allow flush to hit in which case you will check/fold and lose a small pot. But if flush doesn't hit, you can check to him and allow him to make a big mistake with QJ by potting it, because he needs to protect against the flush draw too. So you've allowed him to make a mistake. But when you raise flop, he cannot make a mistake, and you can make a mistake for your whole stack. (where just calling and letting a heart come would be a mistake on your part, but a smaller one)Just my thoughts. There are definitely times when I shove the flop, it just isn't my 'standard' line.Mark
i like that analysis :club: but c/f the turn is so weak if a heart peels...no?i saw that he has two black aces now....i can see myself taking either line...mostly depends on how strong my read is on my opponent and my opponenets tendencies...
i like that analysis :club:but c/f the turn is so weak if a heart peels...no?i saw that he has two black aces now....i can see myself taking either line...mostly depends on how strong my read is on my opponent and my opponenets tendencies...
For sure. If we had the Ah this hand so much easier. Mostly likely I check/call turn even if heart hits, because it is .10/.25 and we've all seen people do wierd things. I just am kind of nitty post flop and try and get to the river as cheaply as possible with aces and no reads. Just a hard spot, cause if he bets anywhere close to the pot on the turn and we call, then its hard to fold to a river shove cause its probably 2/3 of the pot or something.Mark
i like that analysis :club: but c/f the turn is so weak if a heart peels...no?i saw that he has two black aces now....i can see myself taking either line...mostly depends on how strong my read is on my opponent and my opponenets tendencies...
obviously your not c/f the turn 80% of the time, but if an 8 or heart peels and he pots it ($15?) you might be folding. if he slows down and give you a chance to play for a small pot you goto showdown.
obviously your not c/f the turn 80% of the time, but if an 8 or heart peels and he pots it ($15?) you might be folding. if he slows down and give you a chance to play for a small pot you goto showdown.
ok, i'm convinced that that line isn't as bad as i originally thought but i sometimes would play it very agressively...obv we have no reads here but lets say i have a note that someone can't get away from TP (and this is 25NL after all), i would take the line i said was best...if it was a decent player, maybe your line is better...i dont know...it's close.Gabe

I haven't played a hand the whole time. Can I get some respect please?Full Tilt Poker Game #3346520380: Midnight Madness! (25383738), Table 95 - 25/50 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:22:37 ET - 2007/08/24Seat 1: worthits (2,200)Seat 2: leavembroke (890), is sitting outSeat 3: RyanMo6707 (3,095)Seat 4: Codebook (860)Seat 5: Lawdog007 (2,050)Seat 6: kingcalpoker (740)Seat 7: doogyx (3,020)Seat 8: flushin_lucky (3,440)Seat 9: wsox8 (1,455)flushin_lucky posts the small blind of 25wsox8 posts the big blind of 50The button is in seat #7*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to wsox8 [Qd Ah]worthits foldsleavembroke foldsRyanMo6707 foldsCodebook foldsLawdog007 foldskingcalpoker foldsdoogyx has 15 seconds left to actdoogyx calls 50flushin_lucky raises to 200wsox8 raises to 1,455, and is all indoogyx foldsflushin_lucky calls 1,255wsox8 shows [Qd Ah]flushin_lucky shows [Td Ac]*** FLOP *** [8c Kd Tc]*** TURN *** [8c Kd Tc] [9c]*** RIVER *** [8c Kd Tc 9c] [Jc]wsox8 shows a straight, Ace highflushin_lucky shows a flush, Ace highflushin_lucky wins the pot (2,960) with a flush, Ace highwsox8 stands up*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2,960 | Rake 0Board: [8c Kd Tc 9c Jc]Seat 1: worthits didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: leavembroke didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: RyanMo6707 didn't bet (folded)Seat 4: Codebook didn't bet (folded)Seat 5: Lawdog007 didn't bet (folded)Seat 6: kingcalpoker didn't bet (folded)Seat 7: doogyx (button) folded before the FlopSeat 8: flushin_lucky (small blind) showed [Td Ac] and won (2,960) with a flush, Ace highSeat 9: wsox8 (big blind) showed [Qd Ah] and lost with a straight, Ace high

Check out villain's awesome slow roll.....PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)saw flop|saw showdownUTG ($420.95)UTG+1 ($120.55)MP1 ($467.45)MP2 ($1077.90)MP3 ($421)CO ($625.10)Button ($107.45)SB ($423.10)Hero ($416.65)Preflop: Hero is BB with K :) , 6 :icon_dance: . 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $4, 2 folds, MP3 calls $4, 1 fold, Button calls $4, 1 fold, Hero checks.Flop: ($18) 2 :icon_dance: , Q :icon_dance: , 9 :icon_dance:(4 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.Turn: ($18) 3 :icon_dance:(4 players)Hero bets $8, UTG+1 calls $8, MP3 folds, Button calls $8.River: ($42) 4 :icon_dance:(3 players)Hero bets $16, UTG+1 calls $16, Button folds.Final Pot: $74Results in white below: Hero has Kd 6d (flush, king high). UTG+1 has Qd Qc (three of a kind, queens). Outcome: Hero wins $74. :club::D :D :D :D :) :) Guess I should've bet more on the river.Bob

WTFI play for 2 1/2 hrs and bubble in 6th (5 pay) in this stupid horse tourney.. Here's how I got crippled..Who the hell moves in with 5s?Stage #868712127 Tourney ID 1874389 HORSE Multi Normal Tournament Normal $500/$1000 - 2007-08-24 02:39:56 (ET)Game Type: Limit 7 Card StudTable: 3 (Real Money)Seat 1 - GARBAGEBAG ($3282 in chips)Seat 2 - NAHAND ($14450 in chips)Seat 3 - ALGER7161 ($13399.50 in chips)Seat 4 - COOLLADY ($7024 in chips)Seat 7 - SHAMAN333 ($2026.50 in chips)Seat 8 - IMSTRESSED ($3318 in chips)GARBAGEBAG - Posts the Ante $100NAHAND - Posts the Ante $100ALGER7161 - Posts the Ante $100COOLLADY - Posts the Ante $100SHAMAN333 - Posts the Ante $100IMSTRESSED - Posts the Ante $100*** 3rd STREET ***GARBAGEBAG - Pocket [9s 9d 4c] NAHAND - Pocket [H H 7c] ALGER7161 - Pocket [H H 2c] COOLLADY - Pocket [H H 2h] SHAMAN333 - Pocket [H H 5h] IMSTRESSED - Pocket [H H Jd] ALGER7161 - Bring-In $125COOLLADY - FoldsSHAMAN333 - Raises $500 to $500IMSTRESSED - FoldsGARBAGEBAG - Raises $1000 to $1000NAHAND - FoldsALGER7161 - FoldsSHAMAN333 - Calls $500*** 4TH STREET ***GARBAGEBAG - Pocket [9s 9d 4c 8s] SHAMAN333 - Pocket [H H 5h As] SHAMAN333 - Bets $500GARBAGEBAG - Raises $1000 to $1000SHAMAN333 - All-In $426.50GARBAGEBAG - returned ($73.50) : not called*** 5TH STREET ***GARBAGEBAG - Pocket [9s 9d 4c 8s Ac] SHAMAN333 - Pocket [4s 5c 5h As 7h] *** 6TH STREET ***GARBAGEBAG - Pocket [9s 9d 4c 8s Ac 5s] SHAMAN333 - Pocket [4s 5c 5h As 7h 8c] *** RIVER ***GARBAGEBAG - Pocket [9s 9d 4c 8s Ac 5s 3s] SHAMAN333 - Pocket [4s 5c 5h As 7h 8c 7d] *** SHOW DOWN ***GARBAGEBAG - Shows [9s 9d 4c 8s Ac 5s 3s] (One pair, nines) SHAMAN333 - Shows [4s 5c 5h As 7h 8c 7d] (Two Pair, sevens and fives) SHAMAN333 Collects $4578 from main pot*** SUMMARY ***Total Pot($4578)Seat 1: GARBAGEBAG Seat 2: NAHAND Folded on the 3rd STREETSeat 3: ALGER7161 Folded on the 3rd STREETSeat 4: COOLLADY (dealer) Folded on the 3rd STREETSeat 7: SHAMAN333 won Total ($4578) All-In Seat 8: IMSTRESSED Folded on the 3rd STREETso sad that he made his move with 5s and that I didn't hit... this is like the last time I bubbled.. time for life tilt fgyaehs9 j4o kfsdjhn;oijsreksdlj 'ktr4 asekzl;fdcz kf'dsafdjkl;dasffksd;jfl ksdf sdj;fl sdfj;asdlf jasdfl;k asdf :D :D :club::D