New Challenge (old Challenge)

I'm trying, its just getting hard. I can't even put together a winning day anymore. If I lose this last $4400 I honestly don't know what I'll do.Also, I was running at 19/14 by the end of my session today. So I'm back to playing how I used to, and still no luck today.Mark
My bankroll took a big hit last week too. So if/when you are ready to start a new challenge Im in it wit ya.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

My bankroll took a big hit last week too. So if/when you are ready to start a new challenge Im in it wit ya.
Maybe we need to start a new thread. What does everyone that posts in here think?Mark
Maybe we need to start a new thread. What does everyone that posts in here think?Mark
I don't post but read this a lot and I agree. This thread has become the ultimate Bad Beat Forum. A clean break is needed by (and for) all, methinks.
I don't post but read this a lot and I agree. This thread has become the ultimate Bad Beat Forum. A clean break is needed by (and for) all, methinks.
Screw that, I just turned the corner at 2/4!!!!!
And I think this beauty will end my day. Notice the stellar flop for me:PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownMP ($74)NoSup4U ($755.85)Button ($398)SB ($392)BB ($1033)UTG ($890.90)Preflop: NoSup4U is CO with Kspade.gif, Aspade.gif. 1 fold, MP calls $4, NoSup4U raises to $16, 3 folds, MP raises to $74, NoSup4U calls $58.Flop: ($154) Adiamond.gif, Tspade.gif, 7spade.gif(2 players)Turn: ($154) Kdiamond.gif(2 players)River: ($154) Jclub.gif(2 players)Final Pot: $154Results in white below: MP has Jd Js (three of a kind, jacks). NoSup4U has Ks As (two pair, aces and kings). Outcome: MP wins $154. Down 7 buyins ($2800) on the day. I have $4400 left in my account where I redeposited $10K 2 days ago. If I lose it, I'm quitting poker :(Mark
That's so gross. Sorry to hear you're running bad. Hope it turns around for you soon.
Screw that, I just turned the corner at 2/4!!!!!
LOL! Have you seen the Seinfeld where if Elaine is running bad, George is running good. And if George is running bad, Elaine runs good. And Jerry is always even. Its one of my favs. There is a scene where Jerry throws a $20 out the window just to see what will happen, and then he finds a $20 in his jacket pocket later.Its like you're George and just got a job working for Steinbrenner at the Yankees, and I'm Elaine and I dance like **** and just got fired.Mark
LOL! Have you seen the Seinfeld where if Elaine is running bad, George is running good. And if George is running bad, Elaine runs good. And Jerry is always even. Its one of my favs. There is a scene where Jerry throws a $20 out the window just to see what will happen, and then he finds a $20 in his jacket pocket later.Its like you're George and just got a job working for Steinbrenner at the Yankees, and I'm Elaine and I dance like **** and just got fired.Mark
One of my favorite Seinfeld episodes.

I'll be Jerry.Mark go through with the idea we came up with last nightThread will be called Newer Challenge[New Challenge(Old Challenge)]

Set over set sucks! :D Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.50/$16 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $47.50Hero: $105.90CO: $73.05Button: $81.90SB: $191.25BB: $81.50Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 2 :D 2 :icon_dance: UTG folds, Hero raises to $3.5, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.Flop: 4 :icon_dance: 2 :club: T :) ($11, 3 players)BB bets $7, Hero calls, Button folds.Turn: 4 :) ($25, 2 players)BB bets $15, Hero calls.River: J :icon_dance: ($55, 2 players)BB bets $19, Hero raises to $60, BB calls all-in $37.Uncalled bets: $4 returned to Hero. Results:Final pot: $167Hero showed 2d 2sBB showed Th TcAlmost quit after that hand. About five minutes later on two different tables I get these two beauties. :D :D Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.50/$16 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $48.55UTG+1: $74.90CO: $103.35Hero: $100SB: $99BB: $122Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 3 :) 3 :heart: UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO raises to $3, Hero calls, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls.Flop: 3 :icon_dance: T :club: 5 :icon_dance: ($10.5, 3 players)UTG+1 bets $6, CO raises to $18, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.Turn: 4 :icon_dance: ($64.5, 3 players)UTG+1 checks, CO bets $34, Hero raises all-in $79, UTG+1 folds, CO calls.River: 5 :icon_dance: ($222.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $222.5)Results:Final pot: $222.5Hero showed 3d 3cCO showed Ah TdAnd then........Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.50/$14 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $123.10Hero: $103.10SB: $69.35BB: $85.40Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with T :club: 7 :club: UTG folds, Hero raises to $3.5, SB calls, BB folds.Flop: K :club: T :club: T :heart: ($8, 2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $4.5, SB calls.Turn: T :icon_dance: ($17, 2 players)SB checks, Hero checks.River: 6 :heart: ($17, 2 players)SB bets $12, Hero raises to $45, SB calls.Results:Final pot: $107Hero showed Th 7hSB mucks Kc 3cYeah...I beat the Krablar.. :club:

Just for fun.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.50/$15 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $58.90Hero: $102.25Button: $42.20SB: $165.05BB: $144.70Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with Q :D Q :D UTG folds, Hero raises to $3.5, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.Flop: 5 :D 2 :club: 8 :D ($8, 2 players)SB bets $8, Hero raises to $24, SB raises to $48, Hero calls.Turn: 2 :) ($104, 2 players)SB is all-in $121.55, Hero calls all-in $58.75.Uncalled bets: $62.8 returned to SB.River: 5 :) ($221.5, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $221.5)Results:Final pot: $221.5SB showed 8h KdHero showed Qh Qs

anything is fine with me. I had about $1600 to start off the month and that is now down to about $600 (this all on AP). I should move down limits but I'm expecting about $400 of rb on the 15th. I'll post in a new thread if we make one and I"ll post in this one if it's still here. Anything is good, but what are our goals/challenge if we create a new thread?? AND I do agree that some of this is bad beats, but that's part of how we lost a lot I'm not making any sense so I'll just get back to hw :club:

So am I gonna have to carry this thread the way Mark did the first 60 pages or so?Come on guys, I don't want to be the only guy posting in here. Turn that bad luck around!!!

So am I gonna have to carry this thread the way Mark did the first 60 pages or so?Come on guys, I don't want to be the only guy posting in here. Turn that bad luck around!!!
I wish I could control luck.. maybe I just suck
I wish I could control luck.. maybe I just suck
Meh, none of us can control luck. With games as tough as they are now, it makes upswings lower and downswings longer. Hell, it took me nearly 20k hands to get in the black at 2/4NL.I think that you probably need a bankroll in the neighborhood of 50 buyins right now to be safe. As long as you have a sufficient roll, just ride it out and you'll win eventually.
Meh, none of us can control luck. With games as tough as they are now, it makes upswings lower and downswings longer. Hell, it took me nearly 20k hands to get in the black at 2/4NL.I think that you probably need a bankroll in the neighborhood of 50 buyins right now to be safe. As long as you have a sufficient roll, just ride it out and you'll win eventually.
I def don't have that. I was playing shorthanded LHE 2/4 and I think I was over my head. Now I'm down to about $600 but I think I'm still good enough and ready to play 1/2. Thoughts?
One of my favorite Seinfeld episodes.
Seinfeld is the ULTIMATE NUTS... and some cooler hands Mark, hope you run goot again, is this variance finally knocking at your door?
The games really are getting tougher. Less deposit options=less easy money.
I def don't have that. I was playing shorthanded LHE 2/4 and I think I was over my head. Now I'm down to about $600 but I think I'm still good enough and ready to play 1/2. Thoughts?
You're fine with $600 if you want to play 1/2 LHE. 300bb is typically a good starting point, and I don't think that 1/2LHE games are terribly difficult now.I would obviously like a little more than 300bb, but I'm a bankroll nit overall. I always like to have more padding for the eventual fall, it helps a lot to be overrolled, mostly for your psyche.
mark,you might wanna take a couple days off especially since your running like that. good luck.steal
hehe. I just took 8 days off. Came back to lose 4 buyins at 3/6NL in my first 25 hands back from the break, finish the day down 3100ish, then lose 7 buyins at 2/4NL the next day (today). So yeah, that break didn't exactly work out well.... :)Mark
hehe. I just took 8 days off. Came back to lose 4 buyins at 3/6NL in my first 25 hands back from the break, finish the day down 3100ish, then lose 7 buyins at 2/4NL the next day (today). So yeah, that break didn't exactly work out well.... :)Mark
I may take a break myself the next few days.. with hw, work, and lakehouse.. I definitely need one.

I don't know if it's just me, but if I feel like I'm still playing well I hate taking breaks. The luck will even out over hands not time, so for me, the only way to shake off a bad streak is to get more hands in until variance swings my way again.

I don't know if it's just me, but if I feel like I'm still playing well I hate taking breaks. The luck will even out over hands not time, so for me, the only way to shake off a bad streak is to get more hands in until variance swings my way again.
Did you do something? You seem different for some reason.
Did you do something? You seem different for some reason.
I changed my avatar/title/sig.With school (football season) a month away I have to start getting pumped up. We have 8 home games this year including Notre Dame, Penn State, and the big one against that school in the state to the south.
I changed my avatar/title/sig.With school (football season) a month away I have to start getting pumped up. We have 8 home games this year including Notre Dame, Penn State, and the big one against that school in the state to the south.
im sorry i shoulda included an sw. I will no longer picture you as a grey bearded old man anymore. :club:GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!! :D