• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Down about $500, so $4000 to go.... :)Mark
Still pretty effin amazing no matter whether you reach the actual goal or not. Not that you need it, but you have my admiration and respect.

Update:My goal: Original $500 in my PS account turned into $25K by end of March.Day 1: Up $500, mostly one tabling 3/6NLDay 2: DNP onlineDay 3: up $2800. Two tabled 3/6NL for about 2 hours. Will play more this afternoon. (Note: didn't play anymore)Day 4: up $600. Four tabled 3/6NL for about 1 1/2 hours. Day 5: up $200. 2 tabled 3/6NL for about an hour.Day 6: up $150. 3 tabled 3/6NL for about an hour. Played another hour tonight, up $1600Day 7: up $2000. 2 tabled 3/6NL, in 2, 2 hour sessions. One tabled for another hour tonight, up $700.Day 8: DNPDay 9: DNP. down $100. I was so awful that I had to give money away after I coached someone.Day 10: Up $800. The donk I coached gave my $100 back (shows how donkey he is). Also played about an hour of 3/6, 3 tables.Day 11: Up $1900. Down $400 early 2 tabling, up about $2400 tonight 3 tabling for about an hour and a half. Spent $100 for the HU pool.Day 12: DNPDay 13: Down $1300. 3 tabling 3/6 for about 2 hours. Day 14: Up about $2800. 2 tabling 3/6 for about 5 hours. Also up $200 on Bodog but I won't count that.Day 15: Up about $2600. 2 tabling 3/6 for about 2.5 hours. I run sick good. Day 16: Down $60. Was trying to get myself motivated to play today, but just couldn't. Finally I decided to one table while watching TV. Played about 5 orbits, up $40 when Teddy interupted me and I quit to watch him. Nutbarred one buyin at a $100NL table, just shoved every hand for fun, lost $100Day 17: Up $1350. One tabled 3/6NL for about an hour. I dunno what to say? I run good???Day 18: Up $1050. 2 tabled 3/6NL for 1.5hours.Day 19: Up $1250. 3 tabled 3/6NL for 1h, up $250. Played a little more just now. 2 tabled 3/6NL, up another $1000Day 20: DNP, flew out to Chicago for wax120's surprise 30th bday party.Day 21: DNP, due to hangover and flying home.Day 22: Up $600. 3 tabled 3/6 for about 1h, up $200. 2 tabled 3/6 for about 1.5 hours, up $400Day 23: Down $100. Goofed around for about 1/2h.Day 24: Up $1100. 2 tabled 3/6NL for about 2 hours.Day 25: Up $2000. 1 tabled 3/6NL for about an hour.Day 26: DNPDay 27: DNP we have some people over and i'm too drunk to play. holla green poeple. i didn't forget to uptdate though!Day 28: DNPDay 29: Down $700. Played terrible. Got stacked 3 times, twice when I had basically nothing, once on a monster draw where I was sure the guy had AA and wouldn't fold anyway. So dumb. I sucked today bad.Day 30: Up $1000 playing 3/6, 3 tables for about 2 hours. Played poorly early, and ok late. Was down $1500 at one point, eek'd my way back to even, and then the hand below came up... :)Day 31: Down $450. Played a quick morning session and a quick evening session. Had that sick set of tens hand early, and then played poorly I think the rest of the day. Made a brazillion sets, and couldn't get paid. Called off my stack with a pair of 3s. blah blah.Day 32: DNPDay 33: DNP (but Potowatomi 5/10NL was good to me tonight)Day 34: Down $900. One tabled 3/6NL for about 2 hours. 2 hands before my blind hit where I was quitting for the night even, I ran KK through AA. gg me.Day 35: Up $900. 2 tabled 2/4NL for about 30 mins. (only 3 tables of 3/6NL running this morning, and all had lists. wtf everyone asleep?) Flying home, so won't be on anymore todayDay 36: Down $1400. OMG tilted so bad tonight. I can barely type this report I'm still so tilty. I hate passive donkeys is all I can say. I played so bad too. I was up $1000 at one point today. Ugh.Day 37: Even. Played about 5 hours. Lost a ton in the morning, still tilting/playing poorly. Played a little better this evening, got it all back. I'm getting worried about meeting my goal. I'm super busy this week. I just canceled a homegame tourney I was supposed to be in Saturday night because I think I might need the time to play... :)Day 38: Down $750. Logged about 5 hours today. Down a ton this morning, up a ton tonight. Stacked off 150bb's with AK pf, which was just so horrible. I dunno. Frustrated. There is still hope though...3 more days...Day 39: Down $2000. Played really well I think, just lots of ugly rivers. (see the posts above this one) Oh well. Happy that I'm back to playing my A game. Friday and Saturday will be good I think!Day 40: Up $800. Played well again. Dropped down to 2/4NL after more horrible runs this morning at 3/6NL. But I'm happy again with how I'm playing. Friday was good. Saturday will be better! I just need a $4500 day, and I can probably get a good 7 hours total in. So you know, we'll see!Day 41: Up $600. Played about 7 hours today. Couldn't really get anything going. But at least I booked a win on the final day, so I"m going to finish happy. Now that the challenge is over, I fully expect to hit $25K in like 3 hours lol :)Here is some info on the 40 days:Played 22K hands at 3/6NL, 208 table hours, my ptbb/100 was 7.66. VPIP 19.73, earned $20,381Played 3K hands at 2/4NL, 28 table hours, ptbb/100 was 1.9. VPIP 22.85, earned $485 (these were mostly 'recovering from tilt' sessions thus the reason for how poorly I played.Played 200 hands at 1/2NL, 2 table hours, ptbb/100 was 18, made $145. This was just me sitting with a friend for a while.Played 6 hands at .5/1NL. Shoved every hand. VPIP = 100 :club: Lost $100.I made Goldstar then PlatinumStar on Stars, and earned around 30K FPPs.My top 5 winning hands in order:AA: $9800KK: $8000AKo: $550077: $2800JJ: $2500My biggest losers:22: ($1100)98o: ($1000)QJs: ($1000)QTo: ($950)98s: ($930)Players who I pwned the most:MT UR Wallet, schreech, the__whale4, Dirty-Bomb, b33nz, and UnsyatisfiedPlayers who pwned me:running solo, LanderD, wellPRAYED7, Alotofaction, Sleepy80 (because he 2 outered me for a $2K pot which would have ended this challenge 2 weeks ago grr....)So my final total is:Current balance: $21,090.82I had a lot of fun doing this, and think that it has definitely helped me to be more focused in playing daily and not just making what I need for the month and goofing off. Its been great having everyone checking in on me and supporting me too. I'll do some kind of freeroll as a thankyou sometime soon.Mark

go mark go.
Good luck sir.
GL, hope you get there in the next few hours.
ty!
post when you are broke.- Jordan
Bite me! ;)Mark

Congrats on folllowing the challenge through with such diligence, you really made a push at the end to reach your goal. You came really close after working so hard for it.Made me think of a quote from one of my teachers in Middle or High school (obv I don't remember which one, but it has stuck with me over the years):"It's always better to aim for the moon and miss by a mile than to aim for a mud puddle and hit it head on."Well done sir.

Regardless if you get it or not, it's still great what you are doing. GL sir!
go Mark!
Still pretty effin amazing no matter whether you reach the actual goal or not. Not that you need it, but you have my admiration and respect.
ty!Mark

congratulations again to mark.finally tally:$500 in PS account turned into $2900.i didn't get as many hands in as i would have like as my job demanded i work 60 hrs most weeks instead of 40. also, i got my girlfriend a puppy for valentines day, which required WAY more attention than i would have thought (5:30 mornings suck).another small failure in the life of navybuttons.goodjob again to mark. :club:

Been quietly following your progress these weeks, its been my daily routine checking it. All though you were just short of the finish line, its pretty freaking awesome turning 500 bucks into 20k in that amount of time spent!Congrats a million!

Players who pwned me: Alotofaction,
This is suprising...he is one of the biggest losers in my database. You probably just ran bad against him, which sucks because he was one of the biggest donators in that game. (Pretty sure he dropped down or went bustooo)
This is suprising...he is one of the biggest losers in my database. You probably just ran bad against him, which sucks because he was one of the biggest donators in that game. (Pretty sure he dropped down or went bustooo)
I've talked about this with a few people. Aloto is generally considered one of the worst players, but for whatever reason I can't figure him out. I think my problem against him was that I let him run me over. I know someone that just check called him to the river with AK and stacked him. Not that I think thats ideal but whatever.Also, I think its a small sample size, so he could have taken a couple big pots off me and that would do it. and yeah, I saw him down at 2/4NL a few days ago, so I think he's moved down.I'm also surprised that Unsyat is on my pwned list, because I think he's a good 5/10NL regular. Same thing though, I probably got him good a couple times and that would do it.Mark
I'm also surprised that Unsyat is on my pwned list, because I think he's a good 5/10NL regular. Same thing though, I probably got him good a couple times and that would do it.
Yea Unsyat is definitely solid. Whenever I played 3/6 MT Ur Wallet seemed to be playing every single table, not sure how spectacular he was though. Just seemed like a decent tag.
Oh yeah, I put that list together by just checking who I'd won the most from, and who I'd lost the most from, not based on my assessment of their play.Mark
Yea Unsyat is definitely solid. Whenever I played 3/6 MT Ur Wallet seemed to be playing every single table, not sure how spectacular he was though. Just seemed like a decent tag.
He is the most exploitable good tag I've ever run into. Probably because he plays so many tables I guess.Mark

good job mark. i was pretty skeptical when i first saw this post. but i was hoping you would make it. you pretty much did. i recently started my own smaller version and its helped inspire me to play well.

Nice job Mark.This thread has singlehandedly kept me from being able to forget about poker after I decided to take a long break last month. You were having such an amazing run a couple weeks ago I had to keep coming back here to see how you were doing.

LOL. Like I said, once the challenge is over, I'll run good again. Up $1500ish today....I knew April would be better for my bankroll!haha. gl to everyone and thanks again for the support!Mark